, Best Service
, Cinematique Instruments
, instrument plugins
, sample player
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on May 12, 2010 - 0 comments
Best Service has released Cinematique Instruments, a boxed version of Cinematique Instruments products powered by Engine, the sample player based on Yellow Tools Independence Pro.
Cinematique Instruments sets a focus on weird, odd and rare instruments which adds a subtle and individual character to your music production. Cinematique Instruments nearly recorded everything they could get their hands on!
The library contains wonderful string instruments such as an autoharp, a 36 string instrument with a series of chord bars, a kantele, a traditional plucked 5-string instrument of the zitherfamily native to Finland, a wooden celtic nylon harp or a bowed psaltery, an instrument of the zither family such as a kind of a wooden soundbox with unstopped strings over it.
Beyond a nice collection of percussion sounds Cinematique Instruments features also strange and rare keyboard instruments such as the low-price, garbage Super-Sound EK-470 e-piano, the charming organ with its electric fan which blows air across reeds or the organic and warm Zeitter & Winkelmann Piano.
But there are also special sound paks called Glass, Metallic Objects, Experimental Box and Downbeat Box. These sound paks are an amazing source of individual und inspriring textures, pads, mallets and percussions instruments.They beat and knocked doors and sideboards of a metallic kitchen with timpani mallets, brushes, sticks, fingers and fists, they tapped with fingers and timpani mallets against lids, rubbed around the glass rim and they assembled instruments from unique sounds such as stationannouncements, trains, paper crumpling, acoustic and electronic noise, station hum, underground railway noise, pneumatic doors, crown cap shaking, glitches, noise, hiss, hum and other weirdness.
Cinematique Instrument´s goal and ultimate ambition is to inspire everyone by using its highly playable and unique instruments providing a lot of opportunities for your music production.
Cinematique Instruments is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS), priced at 199 EUR.
More information: Best Service / Cinematique Instruments
FXpansion has released BFD Signature Snares Vol.2, the second instalment of Yamaha artist signature snares for your BFD2 library.
With the usual high levels of detail, multiple channels and multiple articulations, BFD Signature Snares Vol.2 is ready for you to sequence and mix using BFD 2.1′s powerful software interface.
The snares are captured in the same room as previous Yamaha expansion kits and the Jazz & Funk, Percussion and B.O.M.B expansion packs, in Omega Studios, Rockville, MD, USA. The tight, precise and very playable sound makes them sound great when combined with any kit-pieces in the BFD library.
BFD v2.1′s support for custom articulations allows these snares to offer ‘rim clicks’ in addition to the standard snare articulations, as well as positional sensing when used with electronic drums.
BFD Signature Snares Vol.2 features
- Low-cost, download-only expansion pack for BFD2.
- 5 signature snares: Gadd Signature Snare Drum (5.5″ x 14″), Chamberlin Snare Drum (5.5″ x 14″), Robinson Signature Snare Drum (5″ x 15″), Leim Signature Model (6.5″ x 14″), Garibaldi Signature Model (3.5″ x 14″).
- Multiple articulations including rim-clicks.
- Played with various beaters (sticks, brushes, mallets, rods).
BFD Signature Snares Vol.2 is available as a download-only product, priced at £35 GBP / 49 EUR / $70 USD for all registered BFD2 owners. Registered BFD2 owners with one or more of the Yamaha Expansion Kits (Maple Custom Absolute, Oak Custom, BFD Cocktail, BFD Heavy or Signature Snares Vol.1) can purchase BFD Signature Snares Vol.2 at a discounted price of £25 GBP / 35 EUR / $50 USD.
More information: FXpansion / BFD Signature Snares Vol.2
The Loop Loft has released The Art of Brushes Volume 1, a collection of brush performances.
Have you been searching for a loop pack focused entirely on brushes? Well, you’re not alone. At The Loop Loft, we’ve received many requests for drum loops that incorporate the warmth and ambiance that only brushes and a coated drumhead can provide. After several months and eight separate recording sessions, we’re proud to bring you the first loop pack consisting of 100% brush performances.
With grooves ranging from jazz ballads to funky linear grooves to double time “train” shuffles to folk rock back beats, The Art of Brushes Volumes Vol 1 is the most dynamic and genre-spanning loop pack available anywhere!
The Art of Brushes Volume 1 features
- Number of Loops: 103
- Tempo Range: 68-212 BPM
- Sets included: 68_JazzBallad, 75_PopBallad, 79_Chill, 103_Funky, 140_Granola, 144_BackBeat, 179_FiveFour, 212_Train
- Instant Downloads, 100% Royalty Free
- High Quality 24 Bit 48 KHZ Audio
- WAV, REX2 and AIFF Formats
The Art of Brushes Volume 1 is available to purchase for $39.95 USD.
More information: The Loop Loft
Acousticsamples has released updated version of three of its sample libraries.
Changes in DrumTaste Brush / VibysM V3 / A-Pian V2
- DrumTaste Brush: now features a Multi-output patch to really be able to mix and apply the effects on every element of the drums.
- VibysM: The Kontakt Version has been improved and now features a better voicing and a build in motor simulation (tremolo effect).
- A-Pian: The Kontakt Version has been completely rewritten, voiced and adjusted.
- A-Pian: Now uses the script of the Kawai-EX PRO.
- VibsysM / A-Pian: Two new formats are also available: Halion and Mach5 and the existing EXS and SFZ versions have been improved.
The updates are free for current library owners.
More information: Acousticsamples
Acousticsamples has announced the release of DrumTaste Brush, a sample library featuring a brush drum kit.
DrumTaste Brush features
- The DrumTaste Brush is a Brush Kit featuring a 22″ bassdrum, a 12″ hi tom, a 14″ low tom, a 14″ piccolo snare, two 22″ rides and a 13″ hihat
- 3382 samples, 1.42 Go of samples recorded at 24 bits, 96khz downsampled to 44.1khz, no loops.
- 3 mic positions for each drum that you can mix and/or disable from the interface.
- About 20 velocity layers X 4 round robins (so about 80 samples per drums per position) and only 6 velocity layers for the two ride cymbals.
- Custom mapping, you can assign every element to any key simply by pressing a key and assigning a sample.
- Mappings presets: GM, V-DRUMS, IMAP, NSKIT (NDK) or default one.
- Separated compression module for each component.
- Hihat with 5 levels on openness and triggering from one key depending on a controller value (any controller) and automatic closing sound (hear it at the beginning of the demo 4).
- Playable instrument, right hand and left hand mappings (mapping repetition customizable).
- Detailed snare, 6 different hit positions and multiple brush actions.
- 4 different brush actions and a script that allows an easy playability on a keyboard or on an e-drum.
- KONTAKT 2 and 3 format to benefit from the interface, the multiple mic position mixing and the custom mapping. Easy to use KONTAKT interface. Other formats are coming.
- Includes the demos midi files.
DrumTaste Brush is available for Kontakt 2 and higher, priced at 49 EUR.
More information: Acousticsamples / DrumTaste Brush
Soniccouture has released VA Brush Kit, a free drum kit taken from the Variable Ambience Drums library for Kontakt 1+2 and Battery 2.
Variable Ambience Brush Kit was recorded at one of the U.K.’s leading studios (Peter Gabriels Real World Studios in Bath, England)using an SSL 9000 series console and a huge collection of mics, including Neumann U87′s, Sennheiser D12′s and Shure SM57s.
VA Brush Kit features 178 samples (24-bit, stereo and mono):
- 39 kicks
- 28 snares
- 40 hi-hats (20 closed, 14 open, and 6 splash)
- 14 crash hits
- 40 toms
Even if you don’t own Kontakt or Battery you’ll really enjoy these quality samples, as you can use the .wav files in your favorite sampler/host.
Make sure to check the freebie page for a taste of more superb Soniccouture products.
Visit Soniccouture for more information, and a link to download the VA Brush Kit.
xoxos has released a few new interesting instruments.
pling2 is a plucked string model which uses waveguide modeling to create touch harmonics (instead of other techniques such as filtering). Because of the higher waveguide count, cpu can be high when pitch is modulated, eg. vibrato.
sym5 is a cymbal emulation. It uses an arrangement similar to ‘banded waveguides‘ – input and recursion is summed and fed into 5 delays. The output of the delays is fed sequentially into a limiter, low pass filter, allpass filter, and a parametric eq before being recirculated. Output is high passed after leaving the waveguide circuit.
boing is a bowed string waveguide model. There are three sections: the string, which changes length in accordance with the played pitch, the bridge, and the body of the instrument, which xoxos calls the resonator. Each waveguide consists of two delays: one to model vibrations travelling in each direction. Since the string is divided at the junction of bow and string, boing uses eight delays in total. (Note that the resonator paths return to the center and are thus twice the length to avoid using ten delays).
The bow-string junction compares the motion of the bow and the motion of the vibrating string and uses the Friedlander-Keller transform to create vibrations travelling away from the bow.
Cylinder33 is a drum model where the body is not the physical body of the drum, but the ‘column of air’ vertice between the middle of the head and the far end of the cylinder. Rim coefficients describe the cylindrical form which the head is suspended across. This plugin was recompiled for lower CPU usage.
You can download all these plugins in one package here.