, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jul 08, 2010
Puremagnetik has announced the release of PakBytes, a collection of free sound packs for Ableton Live, Kontakt, and Logic.
PakBytes is a free catalog of sounds derived from Puremagnetik’s content for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic. This initial release includes 8 PakBytes with sounds based on products from Buchla, Casio, Atari, Ensoniq and more.
PakBytes catalog includes:
- Phazeform Volume 1 & 2 – A collection of instruments, kits and looped clips based on Casio Phase Distortion and VL-Tone synthesizers.
- Analog Drums – An assortment of percussives captured from modular analog systems.
- Blip – A collection of multisampled instruments sourced from the original Atari 2600 sound chip.
- B-System: Percussives, Basses & Leads – A sampling of percussion kits, multisample patches and looped clips recorded from an original Buchla 200e modular synthesizer.
- Waveframe – A sophisticated wavetable synthesizer for Ableton Live based on the Transwave concept of Ensoniq’s FIZMO. (for Ableton Live only)
- Vector – An advanced wave sequencing instrument based on the classic KORG Wavestation. (for Ableton Live only)
Users must register for the free Puremagnetik plan to gain access to these downloads.
More information: Puremagnetik / PakBytes
Puremagnetik has announced the release of B-System: Basses and Leads, a sample pack featuring the sounds of Richard Lainhart’s Buchla 200e/Haken Continuum system.
From the synthesizer arsenal of Richard Lainhart comes the second volume in Puremagnetik’s Buchla 200e series. B-System: Basses & Leads includes a richly programmed library of instruments and looped clips recorded from Lainhart’s Buchla 200e/Haken Continuum system, all expertly edited and formatted for maximum playability and expression.
B-System Basses & Leads for Ableton Live contains a collection of 20 advanced multisample Instrument Racks and over 30 looped Live Clips of preprogrammed material, each one expertly tailored with effects and advanced Macro controls.
The Kontakt and Logic versions of B-System Basses & Leads comes with 20 multisampled 200e instruments and a collection of Apple Loops that easily integrate and tempo-sync to the host. For Kontakt users, each instrument has been uniquely programmed with a custom KSP GUI for instant tweakability.
B-System Basses and Leads features
- Over 1000 24-bit Buchla 200e samples.
- 20 expertly programmed multisampled instruments.
- Over 30 Ableton Live Clips with integrated Macros and effects.
- Over 30 Apple SIAL loops.
- Custom Kontakt KSP GUI and native Kontakt effects.
B-System: Basses and Leads is available now for Puremagnetik subscribers (subscriptions starting at $5.75USD/month).
More information: Puremagnetik / B-System: Basses and Leads
Puremagnetik releases B-System: Percussives, a unique sonic adventure through 10 electronic drum kits and 40 rhythmic loops recorded from an original Buchla 200e modular synthesizer.
The Buchla 200e is a modular analog synthesizer designed by electronic music pioneer Don Buchla and built by Buchla and Associates.
200e synthesizer platform includes several modules that roughly correspond to the canonical analog synthesizer's ones including an envelope generator, voltage controlled oscillators and filters, ring modulator and LFO.
The sound designers at Puremagnetik had a rare opportunity to sample this magic beast and have now released the first in a series of B-System Micropaks that focus mainly on the synthesizer’s percussion generating capabilities.
B-System: Percussives features
- Ableton Live version
- 10 full 2 octave kits (over 650 individual samples), programmed with advanced Macro integration and effects mapping.
- Utilizing multi-velocity zones for the ultimate in expression and playability each kit is sonically charged for instant electronic gratification.
- 40 Live Clips of preprogrammed material, each one expertly tailored with effects racks and advanced Macro controls.
- Kontakt version
- 10 menus of over 20 multisampled percussion sounds.
- Menu of looped phrases.
- Each instrument has been uniquely programmed with a custom Kontakt KSP GUI for instant tweakability.
- Logic version
- Collection of 10 electronic kits.
- Multiple pre-programmed channel strips.
- 40 advanced SIAL loops that integrate flawlessly with EXS24.
B-System: Percussives is available now for Puremagnetik subscribers (subscriptions starting at $5.75 per month).
Visit Puremagnetik for more information and audio demos.
, Josh Kay
, Richard Devine
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 17, 2008
Sony Creative Software has released Pulse: Pure Analog Lifeforms, a rare and perfect exhibition of vintage and new school sounds.
Created by Richard Devine and Josh Kay —the team that delivered our top-tier Electronic Music Manuscript title —Pulse contains all the musical maps and charts you need to plan and execute your own fantastic voyage through entire worlds of electronica, hip-hop, and film music.
Pulse: Pure Analog Lifeforms features
- 397 (545 MB) original, royalty-free WAV files.
- Classic analog sound streams tapped from hot Buchla, Doepfer and Cwejman electronics, and beat structures forged in a deep neural network of today’s finest soft synths.
- Royalty-free sounds, organized and fortified with spot-on metadata that ensures seamless playback in ACID software and every other program that supports .wav files.
Pulse: Pure Analog Lifeforms is available now for 21.95 EUR.
Sony has also announced the Richard Devine Pulse Composition Contest contest in which you can win KORE 2 and various other prizes.
Richard and Josh have collaborated on the Original Track, “Pulse,” for this Composition contest using loops from our new Pulse library, plus a bunch of new and exclusive content found only in this download package! Give the track a good listen, and then take the provided contest download and show these two stellar artists that you’ve got the skills to create an amazing mix of your own. Where could the music take you?
Visit Sony Creative Software for more information on Pulse, and ACIDplanet for details on the contest.
AlgoMusic has released AMB Atomic, a 16 step sequencer composing tool with a built in synth, developed in collaboration with BK SynthLab.
The design is inspired by circular step sequencers such as the Buchla Arbitrary Function Generator and Future Retro Revolution, which allows for a different approach to composing and sound design.
AlgoMusic AMB Atomic
AMB Atomic features
- 16 step sequencer in a circular design with 3 rows: Seminotes, Velocity and Gate.
- BPM Rate with 5 modes including random.
- Separate rhythm grid.
- Advanced arpeggiator with separate rate, 5 modes with gate and octave controls.
- Latch mode for continuous play as well as indevidual mute for each step.
- MIDI Out for use in modular hosts which also includes LFO’s and step modulators to control external vst’s or hardware.
- 2 Oscillators with 14 waveforms including additive partials.
- Separate phase controls, and detune and octave tune as well as harmonic tuning mode.
- VCF with 4 filter types with velocity control.
- 2 dedicated envelope generators, one for amp and one for filter.
- 2 LFOs, Sub Oscillator, Step Modulator, Random Generator, and Keyboard control with zone and mod wheel assign which includes sequencer controls for step, and rate.
- Comprehensive mod matrix.
- X-Y delay with separate multimode filters which can be modulated via mod matrix.
- Spacial stereo reverb.
- Phaser with wide sweeping range.
- Master section with volume, pan and tuning.
- CC map for hardware MIDI knob controllers.
- Presets by Tim Conrardy and Boris K.
AMB Atomic is available for Windows PC and costs $39.99 USD. A demo version is available for download (demo version has a voice-over every 30 seconds or so, as well as MIDI out disabled).
Visit AlgoMusic for more information and a link to download a demo version of AMB Atomic.
, random posts
Posted in random posts
on Aug 14, 2007
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on August 13th, 2007: