Blastwave FX has released Bugs!, a high definition sound effects library that will make your skin crawl.
With Bugs!, you get 700 sound effects that include ambiences, hives, hisses, and movements; from ants to hornets and worms to hissing cockroaches, Bugs is a comprehensive insect collection that every editor should have in their library.
- Categories include Ambiences, Ants, Bees, Beetles, Cockroaches, Exterminations, Flies, Hornets, 5.1 Surround Sound Elements, And Much More.
- Every sound was originally recorded at 24 bit 96k to ensure the highest quality for today’s production needs and are ready to be plugged in to any production demanding high definition sound.
- Bugs! is embedded with Metadata that is compatible with Pro Tools, Soundminer, NetMix, iTunes and other popular sound library search engines.
Bugs! is available to purchase on a USB Flash Drive, priced at $249 USD.
More information: Blastwave FX / Bugs!
, Daft Punk
, random posts
Posted in random posts
on Nov 28, 2007
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on November 27th, 2007:
- Wiinstrument – Ever wanted to have a cheap external MIDI controller that’s wireless? Or to play a groovy drum loop in your sequencer without having to set note delays manually? Wiinstrument is a MIDI instrument that is controlled by a connected Nintendo Wii remote.
Wiinstrument on Leopard
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on October 10th, 2007:
- Mona Lisa from recycled train tickets – Employees at the Takashimaya department store in Osaka have created four reproductions of world-famous paintings using 320,000 old train tickets obtained from the nearby Nankai Namba station.
- Graffiti Archaeology – a project devoted to the study of graffiti-covered walls as they change over time. The core of the project is a timelapse collage, made of photos of graffiti taken at the same location by many different photographers over a span of several years.
- Dragonfly or Insect Spy? – Robobugs on the loose!
- Smashing Magazine Best of September 2007 – Some of the most interesting web-development-related web-sites, references, tutorials, services, tools, techniques and articles.
Volker Steger took some great microscopic photographs of crushed insects he found on his car bonnet: “SCHEIBENKLEISTER – Tödliche Verkehrsunfälle“. (Scheibenkleister is German for something pasted to a disc/plate, and the images indeed show some deadly traffic accidents.
A squashed bug, part of Volker Steger’s SCHEIBENKLEISTER series
This series of photographs won Volker the Lead Award, German’s most prestigious Media Design award.
Check Volker’s website for more great photography.