, samples and sound libraries
, Wave Alchemy
Posted in news
on Oct 31, 2013 - 0 comments
Wave Alchemy has launched Afro-Latin Percussion Volume 2, a collection of authentic Afro-Latin percussion ensembles, powerful tribal rhythms, expressive fills and intricate solo percussion performances.
Afro-Latin percussion Volume 2 offers an exciting collection of acoustic percussion loops, drum hits and mixed percussive ensembles, perfect for adding excitement and energy to pre-programmed drum tracks or layering with one-shot drums to create unique and organic percussion grooves.
Whilst Volume 1 focused on ‘light’ percussion instruments, Volume 2 focuses on ‘drum heavy’ Afro- Caribbean and Latin American percussion instruments including; multiple congas, quinto and tumba drums, djembe, bongos, cajon, mini-timbales and timbales.
Afro-Latin Percussion Vol 2 features
- 516 acoustic percussion loops and single hits (24bit)
- 380 raw authentic Afro-Latin percussion loops and fills, carefully recorded at 126 BPM using a well thought-out selection of high-end microphones and pre-amps.
- 316 time-corrected percussion loops – carefully created by editing the ‘raw’ percussion loops and performances.
- 136 one-shot percussion hits and FX samples, recorded completely dry, leaving adequate headroom for post processing.
- 316 REX2 loops.
- 5 sampler patches/kits for Battery, Kontakt, NN-XT and SFZ.
- 100% royalty-free.
The sample library is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Wave Alchemy / Afro-Latin Percussion Vol 2
Luxonix has launched Cajon free, a virtual cajon percussion instrument.
A cajon is box-shaped percussion instrument, played by slapping the front or rear faces with hands, fingers, or brushes. We sampled cajon for Kontakt library. Our product is not limited acoustic, can be widely used to your various music genre.
Cajon free is for Kontakt and SoundFont. Kontakt format is for Kontakt users. SoundFont format is for SoundFont players, EXS24, HALion, NN-XT, etc.
Cajon free features
- 4 Velocity Layered.
- 4 Round Robin.
- 1 .NKI Kontakt instrument presets for Kontakt 5.
- 72 samples.
- 24 bit / 44.1 kHz .NCW format samples (Lossless compression).
- About 5 MB installed.
- Not included Mixer UI.
- Not included cinematic presets.
Cajon free for Kontakt is available to download now, the full version will be available to purchase soon. The SoundFont version is a simplified version of the virtual instrument.
More information: Luxonix / Cajon free
Wavesfactory has announced the release of W-Cajon, a sample library for Kontakt and EXS24.
The cajón is a box-shaped percussion instrument originally from Peru, played by slapping the front face (generally thin plywood) with the hands.
We have recorded 2 cajons with 3 mics: stereo pair in front of the instrument and a mono mic in the back to better get the bass tone. Both played with hand and brushes.
- 2 cajons with 10 round robin, 6 velocity layers.
- Left and right samples.
- 1200 samples, WAV files | 44.1 KHz, 24 bits.
- Played by hands and brushes.
- Stroke, bass and snap articulations.
- Real mix mode.
- Volume, pan and tune of each mic.
- Premium mics, preamps and converters.
- 490 MB installed.
The sound library is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR.
More information: Wavesfactory / W-Cajon
Acousticsamples has released WoodBox, a sampled cajón instrument library for Windows and Mac.
After TheBox, we wanted to extend the cajon family so here is WoodBox, a regular sized cajon.
- WoodBox is a regular-sized cajón recorded at 88.2Khz/24bits resampled to 44.1Khz/24bits.
- 600MB of stereo samples, 3040 samples, no loops.
- Right hand/left hand samples.
- Two microphone positions, a pair in front of the cajon and another behind it to capture more bass.
- 16 different hit positions to reflect the full possibilities of the instrument.
- About 15 velocity layers per position, 8 round robins.
- Adjustable mapping, you can assign any element to any key reallyquickly (Kontakt).
- Customizable sensitivity (Kontakt).
- The Midi percussion parts of the demos are included to help you understand how to play it.
- Available for Kontakt 2 or higher and ASPlayer (VST/AU).
WoodBox is available to purchase as a download for 19 EUR / $23 USD.
More information: Acousticsamples / WoodBox
, samples and sound libraries
, Splurgo Audio
Posted in news
on Sep 24, 2010 - 0 comments
Splurgo Audio has announced the release of Popular Percussion and Ultimate Percussion, two sample pack bundles.
New Splurgo Audio bundle packs
- Popular Percussion BUNDLE PACK — This percussion bundle pack contains all popular percussion loops available at Splurgo Audio. These packs are all best sellers. You can find bodhran, conga, darbuka, arabic framedrum and tabla loops. We also included a bonus pack of 20 percussion loops, which makes a total of 572 loops. All loops are beatmapped at various bpm and available in Acid Pro Wav and Apple Garageband AIFF.
- Ultimate Percussion BUNDLE PACK — This bundle exists of all percussion loops offered at Splurgo Audio. Bongo, Bodhran, Cajon, Conga, Darbuka, Djembe, Framedrum, Mason Jar, Shaker, Tabla, Udu and Wooden Frog loops. A bonus pack of 50 different percussion loops is included which makes a total of 1183 loops in this pack. All loops are beatmapped at various bpm and available in Acid Pro Wav and Apple Garageband AIFF.
The Popular Percussion Bundle Pack is available to purchase for $ 44.95 USD. The Ultimate Percussion Bundle Pack is $84.95 USD.
More information: Splurgo Audio
Splurgo Audio has released two new Cajon Loops sample packs.
The cajón is the most widely used Afro-Peruvian musical instrument since the late eighteenth century. Today, the cajón is heard extensively in Cuban, Coastal Peruvian or Musica criolla musical styles: Tondero, Zamacueca and Peruvian Waltz, modern Flamenco and certain styles of modern Rumba. The modern cajón is often used to accompany the acoustic guitar and is showing up on worldwide stages in contemporary music. It’s up to you what you will do with the Cajon Loops.
Cajon Loops features
- Cajon Loops Pack 1 — 41 Cajon Loops without snare.
- Cajon Loops Pack 2 — 48 Cajon Loops with snare.
- All loops are beatmapped at 110 bpm.
- Available in Acid Pro Wav and Apple Garageband AIFF.
Cajon Loops Pack 1 is available to purchase as a download for $5.95 USD, Cajon Loops Pack 2 is $6.95 USD. Both packs are available for a special bundle price of $10.97 USD.
More information: Splurgo Audio / Cajon Loops
Tonehammer has released Cajongo, a detailed ensemble and solo Cajon and Bongo sample library for Kontakt.
The history behind the Tonehammer Cajongo (combination of Cajon and Bongo) is actually one of darkness and despair.
The Slaves of West and Central African origin are considered to be the origin of the Cajon drum, which is essentially a wooden box with a thin sheet of wood nailed on as the sixth side acting as the striking surface. The Cajon is a highly featured instrument in Cuban music, which also traditionally contains the bongo. The Bongo was also brought from Africa to Cuba by the slaves and both are often featured in salsa, rumba, changui and other traditional styles. The modern adaptation of the Cajon is often found in Spanish flamenco music, however this is a relatively new introduction. The Cajon was introduced by the flamenco master, Paco De Lucia during the 1970s and is now a common instrument in Spanish guitar music.
- Core instruments/articulations:
- Cajon and Bongo combined ensemble (Fingers, Brushed, Muted, Sticks, Scraps) (dry)
- Cajon Ensemble (Fingers, Brushed, Sticks, Scraps) (dry)
- Bongo Ensemble (Fingers, Brushed, Sticks, Scraps) (dry)
- Bongo set 1 (Fingers, Brushed, Sticks, Scraps) (dry)
- Bongo set 2 (Fingers, Brushed, Sticks, Scraps) (dry)
- Bongo set 3 (Brushed, sticks) (dry)
- Bongo set 4 – Studio (Fingers, Brushed) (wet)
- Cajon set 1 without snare (Hands, Brushed, Sticks, Mallets) (dry)
- Cajon set 2 without snare – Studio (Hands) (wet)
- Cajon set 3 with snare (Hands, Brushed, Sticks, Mallets) (dry)
- Cajon set 4 with snare – Studio (Hands) (wet)
- Bonus: Clap ensemble, snap ensemble, stick ensemble (dry)
- Extensive read me (.pdf) install, patch and hint documentation.
- Listen exclusive interview w/ Mike and the crew.
- +7500 samples, 1.26 GB installed, 0.7 GB .rar download.
- 34 Kontakt patches (.nki).
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit stereo .wav format.
- Format(s): Kontakt 2 and .wav.
- Note: Native Instruments Kontakt 2.2.4 / 3 full stand-alone retail versions required.
Cajongo is available for purchase for the introductory price of $59 until September 7, 2009 (regular price $79 USD).
More information: Tonehammer
Acousticsamples has released TheBox, a sample library featuring a big Peruvian Bass Cajón.
TheBox Bass Cajón features
- 224 MB of stereo samples (839 samples, recorded at 44.1Khz 24bits), no loops.
- Right hand/Left hand samples.
- 12 different hit positions to reflect the full possibilities of the instrument.
- About 70 Velocity layers per note divided in 4 Round Robins.
- Customizable sensitivity (kontakt).
- KONTAKT 2 and 3, EXS24, SFZ and MachFive formats. Easy to use KONTAKT interface.
TheBox Bass Cajón is available as a download for 14 EUR.
Visit Acousticsamples for more information and demo mp3s.