Bedroom producers blog has launched BPB Cassette 909, a free sample pack featuring the sounds of the Roland TR-909 drum machine recorded to a CrO2 cassette tape.
The SABA CD 262 cassette deck used to record BPB’s Cassette 909 pack.
Expanding our collection of free tape processed drum machine samples, I am proud to announce the release of the Cassette 909 drum sample library.
Based on an extensive set of clean Roland TR-909 recordings created by Edgar Maguyon, this free sample pack adds a touch of that lo-fi audio cassette crunch to the iconic TR-909 drum sound.
BPB Cassette 909 features
- 155 audio samples in 24-bit WAV format.
- 71 clean Roland TR-909 one shot samples.
- 84 tape processed Roland TR-606 one shot samples.
- Demo track (320 kbps MP3).
The pack is a free download at bedroom producers blog.
More information: Bedroom producers blog / BPB Cassette 909
Rattly And Raw has launched The Cassamplerette – Pack 1, an expansion pack for the Cassamplerette library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
A collection of 10 basses, keyboards and a guitar to fill out the original Cassamplerette pack!
Instructions included on how to install OR you can use it standalone with any FULL version of the latest Kontakt 4 or any version of Kontakt 5
The expansion pack is available for purchase for £5 GBP.
More information: Rattly And Raw / The Cassamplerette – Pack 1
Sonic Charge has released version 1.2 of Synplant, a synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
We decided that we could not not let you wait any longer for 64-bit compatibility so we took a lot of the new code from Synplant 2.0 and “merged” it back into 1.0.
Version 1.2 looks, sounds and behaves virtually identical to 1.0, although under the hood it uses our latest framework and libraries.
Apart from 64-bit compatibility and general performance improvements that come the new libraries, Synplant 1.2 also supports Authenticator for simpler registration.
Synplant for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $99 USD (+ VAT).
Sonic Charge also announced Cassette Recorder Audio Processor (CRAPRE), a Rack Extension effect for Propellerhead Reason.
In other news, yesterday (April 1st) saw the launch of a new Rack Extension for Reason that I co-developed with PEFF and Bitplant. It is a Cassette Recorder Audio Processor Rack Extension (CRAPRE for short) and it makes such dirty noises you will need protective gloves to handle it.
A lot of people thought it was an April Fools joke and that it was not for real, but it is, which in itself is an even better joke I guess. It is only available for sale during April after which it will be removed from the Propellerhead Shop (again for real!). Don’t miss out on it!
Crapre costs 7.50 EUR.
More information: Sonic Charge
Bedroom Producers Blog has launched BPB Cassette 606, a free sample pack featuring the sounds of the Roland TR-606.
I am thrilled to announce the release of BPB Cassette 606, a free collection of Roland TR 606 analogue drum machine samples with an additional set of drum hits which have been recorded to and then re-sampled from an audio cassette.
BPB Cassette 606 features
- 128 audio samples in 24-bit WAV format.
- 72 clean Roland TR-606 one shot samples.
- 56 tape processed Roland TR-606 one shot samples.
- 3 Poise drum kits (DKT format).
- Demo track (320 kbps MP3).
The pack is a free download at BPB.
More information: Bedroom Producers Blog / BPB Cassette 606
Wavesfactory has updated Old Tape Piano, a sample library featuring a grand piano recorded in mono using a low quality cassette recorder.
8 velocity layers, custom animated GUI and custom script that gives you control over the volume and color of the noise from the tape itself, and over the speed and tune of the tape.
This library was first released on January 2012 with no GUI and no script available. This free update gives you more control and more fun over this special and addictive instrument.
Old Tape Piano features
- WAV files, 44.1KHz 24bit.
- 88 keys.
- Lo-fi cassette recorder.
- 8 velocity layers.
- Custom GUI.
- Noise volume and color.
- Tape speed and tune.
The library is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR.
More information: Wavesfactory / Old Tape Piano
Rattly and Raw has announced the release of The CaSYNTHerette, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
TWO synths, one using waveforms from classic synthesisers sampled from a very rare, stable, full range cassette recorder with loads of character and the other using waveforms sampled using the dirty, noisy Cassamplerette recording mechanism.
Whilst the Cassamplerette was looped and single shot recordings of real instruments, the CasSYNTHerette is a fully functional synthesis instrument using waveforms from some classic synth oscillators recorded and looped onto different cassette tape systems.
The CaSYNTHerette features
- FOUR cassette tape-based waveform oscillator faders: Square, Triangle, PWM and Soft (a combination wave from a classic synth).
- Additional SUB oscillator fader!
- Tape cassette noise fader with stereo and tone controls.
- Individual waveform tuning via tape speed controls!
- Individual waveform pans.
- HP/LP Filter + lfo + envelope.
- Amplitude envelope.
- x2 custom convolution reverbs with tone control. One very rare cranky vintage spring verb and one old spacey hardware digital verb!
- Fully controllable delay.
- Two state distortion control with ‘soften’ control.
- Saturation control.
- LoFi (Bitcrush) control.
- Chorus and Flanger controls.
- Wonkiness control – magnify the cassette tape wobbliness!
- Switchable MONO/POLY.
- Loads of PRESETS!
The library is available to purchase for £20 GBP.
More information: Rattly and Raw / The CaSYNTHerette
Rattly And Raw has announced the release of The Cassamplerette, a cassette-based sampler instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
We found 49 appropriate instruments and also a huge amount of drums and percussion and recorded them painfully and slowly to the Cassamplerette at as many pitches as we could get per instrument!
We then transferred and edited all these recordings to Kontakt through a killer signal path (vintage neve pres and prism conversion) and created a digital version of the Cassamplerette but with all the convenience that Kontakt offers!
The Cassamplerette features
- 50 real instruments lovingly recorded note by note from Cassamplerette tapes and made into fully controllable Kontakt instruments!
- An additional 150 presets. These often have additional FX, layers and functionaiilty making them like extra instruments!
- 1.8 gig in size.
- A comprehensive GUI giving control of, FX, distortion and other parameters.
- Live timestretching controls ranging from subtle envelope shaping to outright sonic butchery.
- An input velocity manager.
- A separate ‘Wonkiness’ control.
- A separate cassette tape noise control.
- The sound of cool instruments playing back from crusty, bendy, lofi cassette tape!
The library is available to purchase for £30 GBP.
More information: Rattly And Raw / The Cassamplerette