CDSoundMaster has announced the release of R2R – The Essential Analog Tape Collection, and Tape Booster Plus audio effect plug-ins for Windows.
These new Stand-Alone Audio Plug-Ins feature the best programs from the library in stunning 3D GUI form, replicating the original classic tape machines for use in any PC host DAW that supports VST technology. R2R includes multiple tape media specific to each machine, along with slow and fast tape speeds for maximum flexibility.
R2R, or Reel Too Real, contains a virtual living museum of reel to reel analog tape recorders and includes everything from early tube designs and popular consumer favorites to some of the finest machines ever made.
Tape Booster Plus has been created to compliment R2R by adding authentic harmonic distortion to add the effect of higher gain input levels to your choice of R2R programs.
While R2R recreates the actual frequency spectrum, dynamic range, and harmonic non-linearities of the specific analog tape machines, Tape Booster Plus further increases the perceived volume using realistic tape saturation gain.
R2R and Tape Booster Plus features
- V.V.K.T. Vectorial Volterra Kernels Technology.
- Frequency, Dynamics, and Harmonics of specific classic tape machines.
- High gain natural tape saturation.
- 3D rendered graphical user interfaces for each tape machine.
- Input and Drive controls.
- Vintage VU metering.
- Seven classic reel to reel machines.
- Multiple tape media.
- Multiple tape speeds.
R2R and Tape Booster Plus are available to purchase as VST plug-ins for Windows (Mac coming soon). R2R is $149 USD, Tape Booster Plus is $49 USD. A bundle of both is available for $179 USD.
More information: CDSoundMaster / R2R / Tape Booster Plus
CD Sound Master has released the Q8 444X EQ/Console Combo, a library of programs for Acustica Audio Nebula Pro.
This vintage hardware with remarkable sound is inspired by one of the most perfectly preserved and rare pieces of audio history; an original Quad-Eight Electronics Film Console EQ/Mic/Line/Pre! To appreciate the sound, think everything from early film scores to Motown, to Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”.
The “Q8″ represents the apex in the Electrodyne, Quad-Eight Electronics, Sphere Console, Western Electric legacy.
Q8 for Nebula features
- 36 programs in “EQ” and “PRE” sub-categories.
- Sampled at 96kHz and are tested to retain accuracy at 44.1kHz and 48kHz sample rates with the latest version of Nebula3 Pro.
The Q8 library is available to purchase for $49 USD. Previous customers pay $39 USD.
More information: CD Sound Master / Q8 for Nebula
CD Sound Master has released version 1.2 of VTM-M2, a vintage tape machine effect plug-in for Windows.
The VTM-M2 is the result of 5+ years of research and design. It stands for “Vintage Tape Machine” and we be believe that it defines a new level of authenticity in plug-in technology. It is based upon an original concept developed by Michael Angel of CDSoundMaster called “Virtual Interactive Signal Chain Technology”, and has been brilliantly executed in code by Michael Heiler. This unique cooperation has led to this special line of products developed for CDSoundMaster by “MX2″ or ‘Michael Times Two’.
Changes in VTM-M2 v1.2
- 32-Bit and 64-Bit versions now available.
- Full Mono Track Support.
- Update to engine for more complex response to rhythmic changes in audio.
VTM-M2 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $179 USD.
More information: CD Sound Master / VTM-M2
CD Sound Master has announced the release of VTM-M2, a vintage tape machine plug-in for Windows.
This Plug-In represents over five years of research, testing, and development, and more than a year of additional coding and development, and represents a collaboration between Michael Angel and Michael Heiler, also know as “Mx2″, or “Michael Times Two”.
The VTM-M2 is a saturating tape compressor, capable of high end mastering-quality limiting and tape compression, and multi-track tape uses from subtle to heavily driven gain. It represents a new level in realism for tape compression, and is the long-awaited “3rd stage” tape compression for use with CDSoundMaster’s R2R and TB+ Program Libraries for the Nebula Pro Plug-In.
The VTM-M2 is the first Plug-In of its kind and it represents our original development process called “Virtual Interactive Signal Chain Technology”, where the response of the Plug-In is completely based upon the musical element that it processes. The entire technology is based upon how electronics sound and adapt to real musical content.
- Windows PC VST 32 Bit (x64 coming soon).
- Two operating modes for “low” and “high” calibration.
- MIDI automated recall and parameter change for all processes.
- Full DAW session recall.
- Carefully created, usable presets.
- Extremely complex technology for the utmost in analog realism.
- Low CPU usage for use on all tracks in complex sessions.
VTM-M2 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $149 USD until February 15, 2011. Nebula Pro R2R customers can get a special customer discount.
Note: If you are considering purchasing both the VTM-M2 and R2R, make sure that you purchase R2R FIRST in order to receive the largest discount on VTM-M2.
More information: CD Sound Master / VTM-M2
CD Sound Master is has announced the release of the N-TEN-AT4, a vintage console channel strip VST plug-in suite.
This audio software package includes six plug-ins: the N-TEN-AT4 High/Low Shelf EQ, High/Low Cut EQ, High “Q” and Standard “Q” Bell EQ’s, and Channel Strip Saturation Effects with and without EQ engaged. It is inspired by a world-class vintage British mixing console known for its unique sound and expressive EQ.
Based upon the “Acqua” sound engine, the N-TEN-AT4 VST is “Powered by Nebula Core II Technology,” an advanced form of audio generation developed by Acustica Audio, called V.V.K.T., or Vectorial Volterra Kernels Technology.
- Six Plug-Ins, including High/Low Shelf EQ, High/Low Cut EQ, High “Q” and Standard “Q” EQ’s, and Channel Strip Saturation with and without EQ engaged.
- All Frequencies and Gain Levels from the original vintage console are available with complete characteristics of the entire sound chain.
- Acqua Stand Alone VST Plug-In for Windows VST Audio Platform, featuring V.V.K.T. advanced sound engine.
- True harmonic content that changes with every frequency and gain value.
- Compatible with any Windows 32 bit VST Host (Try the FREE Demo to test compatibility with your system.)
- 64 Bit dynamic audio processing and 96kHz Actual Sample Rate with unmatched conversion quality to different rates.
N-TEN-AT4 VST (Windows PC) is available to purchase as an instant download for $79 USD (includes all six plug-ins). Customers who bought the N-TEN-AT4 Nebula Library are eligible for a special offer.
More information: CD Sound Master / N-TEN-AT4