Syntheway has announced the release of RetroMagix Harpsichord, a virtual harpsichord instrument for Windows.
RetroMagix is a Virtual Harpsichord based on the Flemish models, designed for creating a wide range of Harpsichord sounds.
RetroMagix Harpsichord features
- Harpsichord Mode Selector: Normal, Upper, Coupled, Electric, and Hybrid Harpsichord, ElectroCembalo.
- Sound is generated via a hybrid method that combines synthesis and sampling techniques, to create a bright sound, rich in overtones.
- Includes 12 predefined sounds and a friendly user interface. Creating new sounds is as simple as combining these presets in different ways and selecting the harpsichord type as desired.
- Unlike a real harpsichord, RetroMagix allow dynamic changes and shapes varying its parameters, offering you a wide variety of sounds to create professional music from Classical to Neoclassical styles.
- Early music enthusiasts can enjoy an authentic experience with all of the advantages of RetroMagix to recreate the classical harpsichord sounds. Also if you looking for any instrument of harpsichord family like Virginal, Muselaar Virginal, Spinet or Clavicytherium sounds, RetroMagix can offer you an approach to those instruments that were popular between the 15th and 17th centuries.
- Multiple-Mode Filter: The values are automatically computed when you select any of the filter types. Filter switch includes: LP (Low pass), BP (Band pass), HP (High pass), notch, peak, low pass and high pass shelving filter with adjustable cutoff and bandwidth.
- Integrated, variable room simulation. Reverb effect can control the “room ambience”.
- MIDI Automation: Added complete MIDI CC#. The following MIDI Continuous Controllers (MIDI CC) messages are recognized and affect the described parameters.
RetroMagix Harpsichord is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC for $35.90 USD. A 30-day shareware version is available for download.
More information: Syntheway
SoundFonts.it has released ZD6 – Die Funky Maschine, a physical modeling simulation of a vintage “D6″ stringed electric piano.
It was back in the fifties when German inventor Ernst Zacharias invented one of the funkiest keyboards of all times. At first the intention was to make a portable version of a cembalo, but it soon turned into one of the most used keyboards in rock and pop music. You will certainly recognize it in the famous pop song “Superstition”, and in many other funky tunes of the seventies. Many police and investigation story movies and TV shows of the 70′s and the early 80′s had music themes based on funky accompaniments made with the D6, a slap bass and drums. This instrument can reproduce the sound of an electric guitar and can be treated with the same effects used by guitarists (wahwah, distortion, phaser, chorus, etc.) for both rhythmic and melodic textures, since it is actually based on a set of 60 strings and two humbucker pickups very similar to those used in electric guitars.
ZD6 – Die Funky Maschine features
- Full Polyphony (60 notes).
- Sympathetic resonances.
- Realistic response to keyboard dynamics and aftertouch.
- Octave transpose (1 oct. up, 1 oct. down).
- Adjustable global tuning.
- Four dynamic curves available.
- Realistic control panel with switches for active EQ and pickup selection.
- Adjustable damper level and instrument volume.
- Wah-Wah effect modeled after the famous JH-1 american Wah pedal.
- Manual wah, LFO wah, auto-wah.
- Distortion effect.
- Eight-stage Phaser effect.
- On-screen help tips and readout values.
- Very low memory and CPU power needed.
- Easy MIDI-Learn feature.
- FX version included.
ZD6 is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC and has an introductory price of 39 EUR until 30 September 2008 (regular price is 49 EUR). A demo version can be downloaded from the product page.
Visit SoundFonts.it for more information.
Precisionsound has released The Blanchet Cembalo, a sampled instrument for HALion, Kontakt & SoundFont.
The Blanchet Cembalo SampleSet was sampled from a perfect copy of the Blanchet, built from Ferdinando Granziera in Milano (Italy) in 1989.
The Blanchet Cembalo features
- 191 24bit stereo WAV files.
- 4 programs for Kontakt: Blanchet 1, Blanchet 2, Uniti & Alternate.
- 3 programs for HALion: Blanchet 1, Blanchet 2, Uniti.
- 1 Bank with 3 programs for SoundFont (16bit) Blanchet 1, Blanchet 2, Uniti and the release samples as 2 separate programs.
The Blanchet Cembalo is available for download for $69.00 USD (CD delivery is optional for additional $11 USD).
Visit Precisionsound for more information and audio demos.
easy#toolz has released two new VST instrument plug-ins for Windows PC: easy-crumar-ms and easy-cembalo.
easy-crumar-ms is a freeware 12-voice Crumar Multiman S emulation. It features 6 sounds (Bass, Brass, Cellos, Violins, Piano, Clavi), and a Moog-ish Lowpass filter.
With the exception of the Piano and Clavi, all the sounds were sampled from a real Crumar instrument.
easy-cembalo is a donationware 12 voice realistic Cembalo (Harpsichord) synth featuring a Lo+Hi filter, ADSR controls, and tuning. It comes with 16 patches.
You can purchase easy-cembalo for 15 EUR.
Visit easy#toolz for more information and links to download easy-crumar-ms and a demo of easy-cembalo.