Related: audio interface
, channel strip
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Mar 13, 2014 - 0 comments
Universal Audio has announced new Analog Classics plug-in bundles for its award-winning Apollo interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards.
Building upon the original Analog Classics bundle — which is still offered on select UAD-2 titles— the reconfigured Analog Classics line adds new industry-leading analog emulation plug-ins such as the 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ Plug-In to new Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 PCIe and Satellite DSP Accelerator Cards.
2014 Analog Classics Bundle Lineup for UAD-2 and Apollo
- Analog Classics Bundle (Free with new UAD-2 PCIe SOLO/DUO and Satellite DUOs) – Featuring legacy versions of UA’s flagship 1176 and Teletronix LA-2A compressors and the Pultec EQP-1A and Pultec Pro equalizers, the Analog Classics bundle also features the popular RealVerb Pro and CS-1 channel strip.
- Analog Classics Plus Bundle (Free with new UAD-2 PCIe QUAD/OCTO and Satellite QUADs) – This new bundle includes all of the plug-ins in the Analog Classics bundle, plus the new 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, legacy Fairchild 670 Compressor, and UA Precision Enhancer Hz plug-ins.
- Realtime Analog Classics Bundle (Free with new Apollo Twin SOLO/DUOs) – The new Realtime Analog Classics bundle features all of the plug-ins in the Analog Classics bundle plus UA’s new 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ plug-in and vintage guitar and bass amp emulations from Softube — both of which work seamlessly with Apollo’s onboard Realtime UAD processing.
- Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle (Free with new Apollo DUO/QUAD and Apollo 16s) – This new bundle includes all of the plug-ins in the Realtime Analog Classics bundle, plus the legacy Fairchild 670 Compressor and UA Precision Enhancer Hz plug-ins.
More information: Universal Audio
Related: channel strip
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Feb 25, 2014 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced that iZotope is offering a discount on its Alloy 2 mixing tools for a limited time.
Far more than just a traditional channel strip, Alloy 2 is a modern twist on classic mixing that neatly packages the mixing essentials in a self-contained and completely configurable plug-in that puts everything you need at your fingertips.
Alloy 2 features
- Get six powerful tools in one integrated plug-in: Equalizer, Dynamics, Exciter, De-Esser, Transient Shaper and Limiter.
- Achieve exceptional sound quality, balancing vintage emulation with digital precision.
- Hear results immediately with zero latency performance, whether you’re tracking in real-time or in the midst of a mix session.
- Visualize your mixing decisions with rich meter displays to guide the way.
- Start fast, then go deep with over 250 presets and a tweaker’s paradise of advanced controls.
Until 31st March, 2014, Alloy 2 is available to purchase for £84.95 GBP / 114 EUR (over 40% off RRP).
Existing Alloy users can upgrade to Alloy 2 for £36.95 GBP / 51.95 EUR, and existing users of other iZotope products can crossgrade for £65.95 GBP / 87.95 EUR.
More information: Time+Space / Alloy 2
Loopmasters has launched Deep House & Garage Channel Strips, an extensive collection of professional audio tools for producers working within the Logic X environment searching for inspiring channel strip set ups that have been perfectly tuned for Deep House & Garage productions.
Created exclusively for Loopmasters by Scott Diaz these dedicated Deep House and Garage tools could save hours of laborious set up time and unnecessary creative killing diversions by giving you ready to drop instrument and channel settings that allow you to get straight into mix.
This collection includes Highly Playable Instrument Channels, Enhancing Bus Channel Effects, Powerful Master Channel settings and Creative Insert FX Channels Designed specifically for the Deep House and Garage producer.
Deep House & Garage Channel Strips comes loaded with 91 channel strips for Logic X and takes advantage of the new plugins such as the Chord Trigger and Retro synth alongside the rock solid Logic plugins we have grown to love.
The pack is available to purchase for £19.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Deep House & Garage Channel Strips
Minimal System has launched Analogue Collection, a effect plugins bundle capturing the legendary sound of classic hardware.
Introducing the Analogue Mixing and Mastering Collection.
Comprising of a comprehensive analogue modelled channel strip and breakout 8 band EQ this collection contains two powerful tools that can be used on your channel and master busses for great sounding mixing and mastering.
Analogue Collection features
- Two plugins included – Analogue Channel Strip and Analogue EQ.
- Channel Strip comprises of an 8 band customisable EQ, Buss Compressor, Limiter, and Master section.
- Analogue EQ is an 8 band customisable EQ with Master section.
- EQ frequency range – 20hz to 20,000hz on each band.
- Each EQ band has +/-40dB of gain.
- Buss Compressor designed to ‘Glue’ track groups together. Can also be used effectively to ‘Glue’ the final mixdown.
- Signal flow of the Analogue Channel is as follows: EQ > Compressor > Limiter.
- Monitoring meters on both plugins showing input, output, and compression gain reduction.
- Analogue channel is perfect for buss channels or the master channel and can be used effectively for both mixing and mastering.
- Modelled on classic analogue hardware.
- Low CPU usage.
The Analogue Collection for Windows (VST) costs £29.99 GBP. It is available to purchase for at 50% off for the first 24 hours.
More information: Minimal System / Analogue Collection
Peter James Productions has launched Pete’s Patches Omni and Pete’s Patches Trilian, two sound libraries for the Omnisphere and Trilian virtual instruments by Spectrasonics.
What’s represented here in ‘Pete’s Patches Bundle’ is pretty much ever single Spectrasonics Omnisphere, Trilian and VIP Library* patch I’ve used and designed for Albums, Conferences and other Projects over the last 5 years to date (December 2013).
This includes all the Omnisphere, Trilian and VIP Library* patches I’ve personally used and designed for Hillsong Live and Hillsong United albums as well as Hillsong Conferences, Studio Session work for other artists/producers and other personal projects. It also includes new patches I’ve designed ready to go on new albums and up coming projects.
I’ve taken a lot of time to totally re-worked and replicate inside Omnisphere ALL the external effects and extra channel strip effects I used with these patches to give a truer representation of each song sound.
This also includes a set of 3x Omnisphere FX Rack presets I modelled off an expensive shimmer type reverb to replicate the reverb settings I used all over the Hillsong United – ZION album.
The sound libraries are available to purchase for $39.95 USD (Omni) / $9.95 USD (Trilian), or in a bundle for $49.90 USD.
More information: Peter James Productions
Loopmasters has launched Logic Mix Essential Channel Strips Vol. 2, a collection of channel strip presets for Logic Pro by world class audio engineer, remixer, and musician, Colin Cameron Allrich.
Producer/Engineer Colin C. follows up his highly acclaimed Mix Essentials for Logic Pro with a brand new set of Channel Strips for Logic 9 and X! Logic Mix Essential Channel Strips Vol.2 continues the theme of Vol.1 with 75 brand new Channel Strips of mixing power designed to elevate your Logic productions to a professional level!
Logic Mix Essentials Vol.2 has been created to compliment Vol.2 and features an incredible palette of easy to load channel strips capable of everything from Mastering to Loop Annihilation, featuring handy mix tools such as single drum processing strips, aux sends, vocal processing channels, coupled with Colin’s personal signature compression & reverb mix enhancers and brand new Aux/Side processing to add dimension and punch to your mixes. Mix Essentials 2 also includes 15 new Channel Strips designed for loop enhancing and mangling which when paired with your favorite Loopmasters libraries will add a whole new creative level to your productions.
The Logic pack is available to purchase for £19.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Logic Mix Essential Channel Strips 2
Audiomeals has announced the release of Plug-In Channel Strip, a prototype audio app conceived for music production, live sets and audio post-production, including voice and sound design.
Plug-In Channel Strip features eight plug-in modules where you can load any VST effect to design your own VST channel strip, including plug-ins like equalizers, delays, reverbs, distortion, flanger, compressors or any other VST effect from your computer.
Send your mic or instrument input into PCS to design the sound you want while PCS processes the incoming audio through eight plug-In modules.
Plug-In Channel Strip features
- Optional 100Hz High Pass Filter at input stage.
- Up to 8 plug-ins channel strip.
- Save & Recall options.
- Mono & Stereo Input modes.
- Virtual Instrument module available. Play any virtual instrument through the plug-in channel strip.
- Vocoder module available. Load any virtual instrument to use it as your vocoder sound source, feed the vocoder with your mic input and process the audio through the plug-in channel strip.
- Output recording on WAV-AIFF-SD2-AU formats. Up to 192kHz/32-bits, depending your soundcard.
- Use Plug-In Channel Strip within any DAW or audio editor via Soundflower or JK Pipe (for Protools).
The Plug-In Channel Strip for Mac OS X 10.6 or later is available to purchase for $7 USD / 5 EUR. Windows version is coming soon.
More information: Audiomeals