EastWest has announced that its Stormdrum 3 percussion instrument is now available to pre-order.
Stormdrum 3 is the first virtual instrument to include EastWest’s new PLAY 4 software. In PLAY 4, EastWest replaced some third party components; added Avid’s new AAX format that will allow Pro Tools 11 users to use EastWest’s virtual instruments 64-bit, greatly improving performance; added new time-stretch software optimized for loops (with sync to sequencer); added a new mixer page (with sub-channels for mic positions), added background loading, and other new features. To top it all off, EastWest now offers SSL FX from Solid State Logic, the industry leader in mixing technology; and an upgraded EastWest reverb. The new FX section is available as an optional upgrade for all legacy EastWest PLAY collections, but will be included FREE for SD3 users.
In addition, customers who place a pre-order for SD3, scheduled to ship July 15, will be able to use the SSL/EW FX section for other PLAY collections as an additional bonus when available. The FX section includes a SSL EQ and Dynamics Channel Strip, Transient Shaper, and SSL’s legendary Stereo Bus Compressor; plus an upgraded “true stereo” reverb from EastWest plus new features. Now, with it’s combination of the new PLAY 4 software, the best sound processing tools available, and world class percussion instruments, Stormdrum 3 is the most advanced percussion virtual instrument to date and a must-have.
Stormdrum 3 includes 90 Gigabytes of all new percussion.
Stormdrum 3 features
- Features the best instruments from the private collection of Mickey Hart.
- Features additional instruments from the Remo private collection, hand picked by Remo himself.
- Played by master percussionists Mickey Hart, Greg Ellis and Chalo Eduardo.
- Produced by Nick Phoenix, “Two Steps From Hell” composer and creator of Stormdrum 1 and 2, epic percussion collections.
- Includes tempo synced percussion performances directed and played by Mickey Hart, with Greg Ellis, Chalo Eduardo and Nick Phoenix
- Includes 5 user-controllable mic positions for each instrument.
- Recorded in the world famous EASTWEST Studio 1, the home of major Hollywood soundtracks and television themes.
- Includes new PLAY 4 64-bit/32-bit software on both MAC and PC, more user control and detail than any other collection.
Stormdrum 3 is available to pre-order for $395 USD / 295 EUR (ex. VAT). The projected release date is July 15th, 2013.
More information: Soundsonline / Soundsonline (Europe)
, channel strip
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2013
Steinberg has announced the release of Cubase Elements 7, the entry-level music production system for sound recording, editing and mixing, with many new features and enhancements that greatly expand on proven Cubase functionality.
Cubase Elements 7 is state-of-the art technology and quality provided in a moderately priced music production software that throws its doors wide open to the fascinating world of Cubase.
“Cubase Elements 7 is the choice for aspiring producers and musicians looking for a complete package which doesn’t break the bank while offering a whole lot of features right out of the box,” said Carlos Mendoza Rohde, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
After unveiling Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 to great acclaim at the end of last year, Cubase Elements 7 now completes the latest Cubase range, offering new sounds, new effects and many other features that easily turn any Mac or Windows computer into a music production system.
New in Cubase Elements 7
- New MixConsole provides the ultimate mixing experience with 192 kHz support.
- Integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound.
- Global Chord Track to work with harmonies in a project context.
- Hermode tuning changes the intonation of your synthesized notes dynamically on the fly .
- VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite for studio-grade guitar tracks .
- FLAC lossless compression codec, ReWire for 64-bit environments and direct access to SoundCloud.
- ASIO-Guard provides intelligent dropout-prevention algorithms.
- Steinberg Hub provides video tutorials, support and product news.
Cubase Elements 7 is available to purchase for MSRP 99.99 EUR. The Cubase Elements 7 update from Cubase Elements 6 is MSRP 49.99 EUR. Prices including German VAT.
Customers who purchased a copy of Cubase Elements 6 from April 15, 2013, are entitled to the free Grace Period update to Cubase Elements 7.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase Elements 7
Rankin Audio has launched Ableton Mastering Racks, a collection of 3 FX Rack presets for mastering in Ableton Live.
We wanted something that straight out of the box could be dropped on and make your track sound bigger, fatter and more full.
The strips include a single channel strip for basic use, a group strip for any busses and the all important master channel strip. Utilizing the Albeton FX we have constructed complex yet extremely easy to use racks that can be dropped in and then tweaked to order. Each has 8 macros to make life super easy and of course if you are a more advance user, you can dive deep into the chain itself.
We also included a PDF doc explaining the different processes used to give you a clearer idea of whats happening in the chain.
The Live pack is available to purchase for £9.95 GBP. Ableton Live 8 and Live 9 supported.
More information: Rankin Audio / Ableton Mastering Racks
Sounds To Sample has released Dot’s Martini Lounge – Electric Chillwave, a sample library by Dot Bustelo.
Filled with the rich soundscapes, hazy progressions, and laid-back vibes you’d hear in rooms thick with incense and a clock eternally stuck at 4AM, Sounds to Sample Presents is proud to debut their first female sound designer on the esteemed artist only imprint with Dots Martini Lounge – Electric Chillwave.
A sultry, late night sonic cocktail of two fingers fading grooves with a splash of lo-fi lounge, Dot Bustelo’s Electric Chillwave is a breathtaking contrast to other packs currently topping the charts.
Electric Chillwave features
- 739MB organized into ten musical construction kit folders consisting of drum and instrument loops, MIDI files and Channel Strip Settings (CSTs) all deconstructed from Dot’s unique chillout tracks.
- All labeled by key and tempo, mainly 80-92BPM but ranging from 66BPM to 120 BPM.
- 43 Logic CSTs: Lounge Instruments (37) and Lounge Vocals (6).
- 81 MIDI Files.
- 79 Vocal Samples.
- 72 Drum Loops.
- 117 Instrument Loops (Synth, Piano, Guitar, Bass, Strings, Pads).
The sample pack costs $24.99 USD / 18.99 EUR.
More information: Sounds To Sample / Dot’s Martini Lounge
IK Multimedia has announced Bus Compressor, White Channel, Tape Echo plus a re-skin of the popular British Channel, four new modules in the T-RackS Custom Shop.
Two multi-processor channel strips, a compressor and a vintage tape delay add-on to the T-RackS range of EQs, dynamics and reverb processors, now comprising over 20 of the best sounding mixing-and-mastering native plug-ins available for the most demanding audio engineers and producers.
These new essential sound processors are available either as single plug-ins or integrated within the T-RackS plug-in and standalone software suite of effects. They can be easily tried out and purchased by any user of the T-RackS Free, Classic, Deluxe and Grand editions, using T-RackS’ exclusive Custom Shop feature. The Custom Shop is an online-based virtual store that’s integrated inside T-RackS, and offers users the possibility to build a customized mixing and mastering suite with their preferred virtual gear, trying and buying the modules a-la-carte via a convenient credit-based system.
New in T-RackS Custom Shop
- The Bus Compressor models the master-bus compressor on one of the world’s most famous mixing consoles, which was nicknamed the “Glue Compressor,” for its ability to subtly “glue” a mix together.
- The White Channel offers an ultra-accurate emulation of the dynamics and EQ sections of another renowned desk from the same manufacturer — this one known for its wide bandwidth and pristine sound.
- The Tape Echo is a spot-on emulation of one of the classic tape echo units of all time. To go along with its cool vintage sound, we added some great modern features, like stereo operation, separate delay times on L&R, and syncing to host tempo.
- The British Channel was modeled after one of the most widely used and acknowledged pieces of hardware in the music history and now it features a sleek new look that makes navigating its controls even easier.
The new T-RackS Processors are available for purchase now in the T-RackS Custom shop, using Custom Shop gear credits, with prices ranging from 60 to 120 credits each. Gear Credit Packs are available to purchase starting at $19.99 USD / 15.99 EUR (20 credits).
More information: IK Multimedia / T-RackS Custom Shop