, channel strip
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2013 - 0 comments
Steinberg has announced the release of Cubase Elements 7, the entry-level music production system for sound recording, editing and mixing, with many new features and enhancements that greatly expand on proven Cubase functionality.
Cubase Elements 7 is state-of-the art technology and quality provided in a moderately priced music production software that throws its doors wide open to the fascinating world of Cubase.
“Cubase Elements 7 is the choice for aspiring producers and musicians looking for a complete package which doesn’t break the bank while offering a whole lot of features right out of the box,” said Carlos Mendoza Rohde, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
After unveiling Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 to great acclaim at the end of last year, Cubase Elements 7 now completes the latest Cubase range, offering new sounds, new effects and many other features that easily turn any Mac or Windows computer into a music production system.
New in Cubase Elements 7
- New MixConsole provides the ultimate mixing experience with 192 kHz support.
- Integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound.
- Global Chord Track to work with harmonies in a project context.
- Hermode tuning changes the intonation of your synthesized notes dynamically on the fly .
- VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite for studio-grade guitar tracks .
- FLAC lossless compression codec, ReWire for 64-bit environments and direct access to SoundCloud.
- ASIO-Guard provides intelligent dropout-prevention algorithms.
- Steinberg Hub provides video tutorials, support and product news.
Cubase Elements 7 is available to purchase for MSRP 99.99 EUR. The Cubase Elements 7 update from Cubase Elements 6 is MSRP 49.99 EUR. Prices including German VAT.
Customers who purchased a copy of Cubase Elements 6 from April 15, 2013, are entitled to the free Grace Period update to Cubase Elements 7.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase Elements 7
Rankin Audio has launched Ableton Mastering Racks, a collection of 3 FX Rack presets for mastering in Ableton Live.
We wanted something that straight out of the box could be dropped on and make your track sound bigger, fatter and more full.
The strips include a single channel strip for basic use, a group strip for any busses and the all important master channel strip. Utilizing the Albeton FX we have constructed complex yet extremely easy to use racks that can be dropped in and then tweaked to order. Each has 8 macros to make life super easy and of course if you are a more advance user, you can dive deep into the chain itself.
We also included a PDF doc explaining the different processes used to give you a clearer idea of whats happening in the chain.
The Live pack is available to purchase for £9.95 GBP. Ableton Live 8 and Live 9 supported.
More information: Rankin Audio / Ableton Mastering Racks
Sounds To Sample has released Dot’s Martini Lounge – Electric Chillwave, a sample library by Dot Bustelo.
Filled with the rich soundscapes, hazy progressions, and laid-back vibes you’d hear in rooms thick with incense and a clock eternally stuck at 4AM, Sounds to Sample Presents is proud to debut their first female sound designer on the esteemed artist only imprint with Dots Martini Lounge – Electric Chillwave.
A sultry, late night sonic cocktail of two fingers fading grooves with a splash of lo-fi lounge, Dot Bustelo’s Electric Chillwave is a breathtaking contrast to other packs currently topping the charts.
Electric Chillwave features
- 739MB organized into ten musical construction kit folders consisting of drum and instrument loops, MIDI files and Channel Strip Settings (CSTs) all deconstructed from Dot’s unique chillout tracks.
- All labeled by key and tempo, mainly 80-92BPM but ranging from 66BPM to 120 BPM.
- 43 Logic CSTs: Lounge Instruments (37) and Lounge Vocals (6).
- 81 MIDI Files.
- 79 Vocal Samples.
- 72 Drum Loops.
- 117 Instrument Loops (Synth, Piano, Guitar, Bass, Strings, Pads).
The sample pack costs $24.99 USD / 18.99 EUR.
More information: Sounds To Sample / Dot’s Martini Lounge
IK Multimedia has announced Bus Compressor, White Channel, Tape Echo plus a re-skin of the popular British Channel, four new modules in the T-RackS Custom Shop.
Two multi-processor channel strips, a compressor and a vintage tape delay add-on to the T-RackS range of EQs, dynamics and reverb processors, now comprising over 20 of the best sounding mixing-and-mastering native plug-ins available for the most demanding audio engineers and producers.
These new essential sound processors are available either as single plug-ins or integrated within the T-RackS plug-in and standalone software suite of effects. They can be easily tried out and purchased by any user of the T-RackS Free, Classic, Deluxe and Grand editions, using T-RackS’ exclusive Custom Shop feature. The Custom Shop is an online-based virtual store that’s integrated inside T-RackS, and offers users the possibility to build a customized mixing and mastering suite with their preferred virtual gear, trying and buying the modules a-la-carte via a convenient credit-based system.
New in T-RackS Custom Shop
- The Bus Compressor models the master-bus compressor on one of the world’s most famous mixing consoles, which was nicknamed the “Glue Compressor,” for its ability to subtly “glue” a mix together.
- The White Channel offers an ultra-accurate emulation of the dynamics and EQ sections of another renowned desk from the same manufacturer — this one known for its wide bandwidth and pristine sound.
- The Tape Echo is a spot-on emulation of one of the classic tape echo units of all time. To go along with its cool vintage sound, we added some great modern features, like stereo operation, separate delay times on L&R, and syncing to host tempo.
- The British Channel was modeled after one of the most widely used and acknowledged pieces of hardware in the music history and now it features a sleek new look that makes navigating its controls even easier.
The new T-RackS Processors are available for purchase now in the T-RackS Custom shop, using Custom Shop gear credits, with prices ranging from 60 to 120 credits each. Gear Credit Packs are available to purchase starting at $19.99 USD / 15.99 EUR (20 credits).
More information: IK Multimedia / T-RackS Custom Shop
WaaSoundLab has launched Electro Swing Vol 4, a collection of 5 Logic Pro templates including royalty free samples and loops.
Each template contains a demo mix, Mastering, then the separated audio tracks (Apple Loops) and EXS24 instruments, allowing you to change the tempo, the key, to mix, match and tweak each and every melodic, rhythmic and textural element at your convenience, to build your own arrangement.
Electro Swing Vol 4 features
- 5 Logic Pro templates, including WAV, Apple Loops, REX2, MIDI files.
- 1.56 GB total content, 807 Loops.
- Additional folder include 60 Beats, 23 Afterbeats, 20 Fills, 28 Miscs, 15 Midi files (piano), Bass-Acc-Themes separates.
- 33 EXS24 multi-sampled instruments + 33 Channel Strip Settings (ESX24).
The full pack costs 79.95 EUR. Individual templates are 19.95 EUR each.
More information: WaaSoundLab / Electro Swing Vol 4
MuSICIZ has launched Unstoppable Zebra, a soundset for the Zebra virtual synthesizer by u-he.
MuSICIZ taps into the power of Zebra2 to bring you a custom Patch bank from one of the worlds most powerful soft synths ever. Using drawable waveforms, oscillator fx and real time performance controls we deliver our best pack yet ! Unstoppable Zebra !
Unstoppable Zebra features
- 54 Zebra 2 patches.
- Live 9 Session File, Mapped Rack for Zebra2 vst format and Drum Rack.
- Logic 9 Session File, ESX 24 Drum Kit, Channel Strip for Zebra2, Master Bus Channel Strip and Bass Bus Channel Strip.
- Drum Hit samples in .wav format (2 kick, 4 snare, 1 clap, 2 FX).
The sound library is available from Sounds To Sample, priced at $15.99 USD.
More information: Sounds To Sample
Voxengo has released version 2.8 of Voxformer, a multi-functional vocal channel strip plugin for Windows and Mac.
The coolest feature of Voxformer is its one-knob vocal compressor. Using only a single knob, you can get a tight, open and definitive professional vocal sound with an excellent articulation in no time.
You do not have to worry about common ratio and make-up gain controls since they are automatically selected by the advanced compression algorithm while attack and release parameters are stored in a mode preset. Moreover, Voxformer features two compressors of this type, allowing you to apply either a two-band or a two-stage (serial) vocal compression.
Changes in Voxformer v2.8
- The EQ curve is now hidden when the equalizer is set to “Off”.
- Spectrum mode presets are now shared between all Voxengo plug-ins.
Voxformer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) costs $69.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / Voxformer