QuikQuak has announced the release of BarChimes, an accurate physics simulation of a set of Bar Chimes, which includes collisions, slides and multi-chain hits of 36 semi-tone tuned bars.
The BarChimes plug-in physically emulates a set of bar chimes, using complex kinematic physics routines. Great care has gone into translating the physics of gravity, friction, and weight of the bars, including their appearance. The sounds of the bar interactions are created using editable partials and length frequencies, including percussive hits, decay elements, and spectral alterations.
- A detailed 36 bar kinetic physics simulation.
- Gravity, collisions and audio accurately portrayed.
- Velocity and sweep analysis simulates user movement through the chimes.
- Parameters for physics, pitch and time.
- Frequency editing with fundamentals and partials.
- Percussive rendering with decay controls.
- Swing modulations effects.
- Photo-realistic 3D representation and collision effects.
BarChimes is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU), priced at £20 GBP.
More information: QuikQuak
, field recording
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Mar 01, 2010
Microhammer has released the February 2010 Release Bundle, a collection of 10 new instruments for Kontakt.
Microhammer is launching a series of new products around 15th of every month. All monthly releases will be followed by a bundle containing all the products at a highly favorable rate, so you can get it all. The bundle is only valid until our next release, so grab it while you can. We are proud to announce our second launch bundle, which consists of all the Microhammer February titles.
February 2010 Release Bundle includes
- Berimbau, a single-string percussion instrument, a musical bow, from Brazil.
- Spirit Flute, originally an instrument played by Native Americans. It has been used in countless New Age and World Music recordings and is known for its distinctive and at times – almost haunting sound.
- Train Flute, hand-carved by skilled craftsmen who adhere to the ways of a simpler time, only the finest and richest tone-producing secret blend of woods were used in this instrument.
- Slide Flute, the classic slide-whistle or slide-flute is a common staple of comedic and children’s music. The signature rise and fall is used both musically, as well as in old-school sound design and foley to signify objects rising or falling in space.
- Kokiriko, a traditional Japanese percussion instrument. The instrument sounds like a long set of domino pieces clashing together and has a distinct clicky/clacky type of sound.
- Smiley Drum, a 10-tongue major pentatonic variant of the classic propane drum concept, with a shallower, wider pan than most.
- Clay Drum, this giant clay vase was chosen specifically for it’s unique sound and tonal resonance. Producing a wide variety of sounds, this clay drum is a both a percussive and melodic instrument.
- Sand Drum, the unique surf-like sound is produced by a medium-sized enclosed drum about 1 1/4″ thick and filled with dozens of tiny silver metal beads.
- Road Trip Vol. 1, little tidbits, oddities, improvisations and random gems found at various pit stops on a desert trip.
- Windchimes, made from a selection of different wind chimes, however sampled in detail so the user can control the amount of chimeniness and use them as percussive instruments.
- Format(s): Kontakt 3, SFZ and .wav
- Note: Native Instruments Kontakt 3 / 4 full retail versions required.
- Note: Free Kontakt Player will only work for 30 minutes with this product. Full version required to remove this restriction.
The February 2010 Release Bundle is available to purchase for the introductory price of $109 USD until 15 March, 2010 (regular price $172 USD). Instruments are also available to purchase separately, starting at $9 USD.
More information: Microhammer / February 2010 Release Bundle
Universal Sampling has released Windchimes, a sample library for Kontakt.
Uniquely and deeply sampled – this library features a total of 10 windchimes, varying in size, pitch, range, and of course, sound. Ten windchimes in total, including temple bells and bar chimes, make up this sample library, which is prefect for a wide variety of sounds and emotions. Go from a soothing, dreamy atmosphere, to a shrill and haunting landscape. A wide array of velocities and lengths mean a great deal of flexability. Use single samples on their own, or combine several samples to customize the sound to fit your needs.
Also included are individual bells – 14 in total. Each bell has it’s own pitch and it’s own sound. All bells have three velocity layers, and are round robin x6.
Digitally recorded in stereo with top-notch mics and mic pre for superior sonic quality, this library is available in both 48khz, and 44.1khz formats. Both are 24 bit. The recordings are close and dry, leaving the option to keep the samples dry, or add one’s reverb of choice.
- Ten Windchimes
- 14 bells (3 vel. layers; rr x 6)
- Format: stereo .wav; Kontakt 2 and above ready
- Sample resolution: 48khz/24 bit stereo, and/or 441khz/24 bit stereo (choose one, or both at no extra charge)
- 48khz: 775 samples, 4.03 GB installed (2.31 GB .rar d/l)
- 441khz: 775 samples, 3.70 GB installed (2.14 GB .rar d/l)
- Library is available for d/l, or delivery on a DVD for just a few dollars more
- Bonus: includes a rainstick!
Windchimes is available to purchase starting at $29 USD.
More information: Universal Sampling / Windchimes
QuikQuak has announced the release of BarChimes v0.10, a free pre-release of a new instrument plug-in.
It’s an accurate physics simulation of a set of Bar Chimes, which includes collisions, slides and multi-chain hits of 36 semi-tone tuned bars. Use the Natural (or White) MIDI notes to sweep up the chimes – C3 to C8.
The start and direction of sweep, combined with speed are the main contributors to the output of the chimes – it’s not about hitting individual notes.
BarChimes v0.10 features
- A detailed 36 bar physics simulation.
- Collisions, gravity and audio accurately portrayed.
- Photo-realistic 3D representation.
- Velocity and sweep analysis simulates movement through the chimes.
- Highly optimised.
The final release will feature parameter controls, alternate layouts, gravity, material and audio tone, and pitch controls.
The pre-release is currently available as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC (final version will also be available for Mac).
More information: QuikQuak