Midi Error has announced Chipshop, a free sample pack featuring 844 samples.
A free sample pack crammed with over 800 individual samples and 70+ Loops. All recorded direct from C64, AtariSt and Nintendo Gameboy.
We are the music makers.
- Gameboy (Nanoloop, LSDJ): 91 bass, synth, lead, perc and sfx hits and 117 sampeld drum hits.
- SID (Cynthcart, Retroskoi): 61 bass, lead and sfx hits.
- YM2149 (Various): 36 bass hits, 48 custom fx, 124 drum hits, 145 multi-samples (5 instruments over 5 octaves), 29 white noise hits, 29 sampled hits, 110 sfx hits, 54 synth hits.
- 70 loops: 22 full loops and 48 drum/synth loops.
- 844 samples in total.
The pack is a free download at Midi Error’s SoundCloud page.
More information: Chipshop
Ochen K. has released Chip64, a synthesizer Rack Extension instrument for Propellerhead Reason.
Chip64 brings the sound chips from vintage computers and video game consoles to the Reason rack.
Chip64 includes mathematical modeling of 5 chips: the TIA used in the Atari 2600, the SID chip used in the Commodore 64, the TA0x series used in the NES and Gameboy, the Vic-I used in the Vic 20, and the SN76489 chip used in the ColecoVision and Sega consoles.
With an on-board sequencer, as well as a multi-mode filter, LFO, modulation envelope, and more, Chip64 brings true chip emulation to your rack.
The Rack Extension is available for purchase for 32 EUR.
More information: Ochen K. / Chip64
Samplephonics has introduced The Sid Station, a sample pack featuring the sounds of the Elektron SidStation 8 bit digital synthesiser created using the original chip from the Commodore 64 computer.
This sample library contains a selection of multi-sampled looping waveforms, one shot drums and effects glitches, and a collection of playable loop patterns, all with corresponding sampler instruments for Kontakt, EXS24, Reason NN-XT sampler, Ableton Sampler, MOTU MachFive, Steinberg Halion and SFZ.
Expect to find a surprisingly versatile collection of glitchy loops and samples, that can be filtered and tamed or used to completely grime up a piece of music!
The Sid Station features
- 479.5 MB content.
- Over 1000 multi samples.
- 55 One shot drum samples.
- 421 Tempo synced mult sample loops.
- Sampler Instruments for EXS24, Kontakt, Reason NN-XT, Ableton Sampler, MOTU MachFive, Steinberg Halion and SFZ.
The sample pack is available for purchase for £20 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics
Twisted Electrons has announced the release of AY3, a desktop 8-bit chiptune synthesizer.
Time to take a break from HI-FI land and enjoy some good old 8-BIT nostalgia!
The AY3 features two 8912 chips boasting 6 voice polyphony. You can apply sequencers, arpeggiators, noise, envelopes and pitch modulation to each voice with a click of a button.
The AY3 is packed with features that are all very easily accessible thanks to it’s intuitive 5×6 button matrix.
The AY3 is available for purchase for 197 EUR.
More information: Twisted Electrons / AY3
Odo Synths has announced the release of version 3.0 of its Dream 64, a free chip synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Dream 64 is not an SID emulator, but it’s a plug-in that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music. It’s inspired by the SID chip from the old but good Commodore c64 but with some extra features for fun.
Dream 64 v3.0 features
- All sequencers have a start and end loop but start always at step one.
- Start-step never can be higher than the end.
- Every sequencer has its own BPM rate or all have one manual rate.
- 8 step Wavetable sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect).
- 8 step Arp sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- 8 step Ring modulation sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- A Bitcrusher only for the ringmod. This is nice if you use the Wavetable.
- 16 step easy to edit filter-sequencer. Can be used for nice bass sounds because it has an end step (will sustain).
- Waveforms for the oscillator are saw, triangle, pulse, noise, ringmod mode. The noise is very special – it can be pitched by key or fixed.
- Oscillator octaves from -3 to 2.
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from c to c3 and one c4 note and a bitcrusher (this is nice for the wavetable sequencer).
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BPM rates and manual with inverter.
- The LFOs can start (key sync) (host sync) and (free run).
- Destinations of the LFOs are pitch/pulse/ring osc and Filter.
- 2 modulation envelopes with inverter and BPM retrigger.
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation.
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer.
- filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass.
- Random for most of the controls.
- Reset most of the controls.
- Double click is reset for most of the controls.
- Bitcrusher before and after filter.
Dream 64 for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Odo Synths
More posts that match this tag
StrayWorx has announced the release of SIDized, a collection of 100 presets for the SIDizer virtual synthesizer instrument from HyperSynth. Handcrafted with love for chiptunes and modern electro-sound-design. Usage is not limited to chiptunes only, … read more
Sound-Base Audio has released Retro Boy, a free chiptune synthesizer instrument for Windows. Retro Boy is a virtual analog chiptune synthesizer/emulator. It does not specifically emulate a single device or sound chip, but it was … read more
Samplephonics has launched Arcade Transitions, a sample pack featuring a collection of heavy sound effects bloops, 8 Bit sweeps, bleepy impact samples and intricate chiptune style snapshots. Painstakingly designed by our very own sonic scientist … read more
de la Mancha has announced that its basic65 synthesizer instrument for Windows is now available for free. basic 65 is a monophonic synth, inspired by the classic 80s home computer, the Commodore 64 and its … read more
Industrial Strength has launched Chiptune Massive, a sound library featuring loops, samples, and patches for the Massive & FM8 synthesizer instruments by Native Instruments. Our new collection was made from the ground up to provide … read more
Outbound link: Industrial Strength
/ Chiptune Massive
– Related: Battery
, Industrial Strength Records
, patches and sound banks
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 03, 2013 - 0 comments
de la Mancha has announced that its PULS monophonic pulse wave synthesizer instrument for Windows is now free. PULS is a monophonic pulse wave synthesizer with simple controls but complex sounds. From 2 pulse wave … read more
3ee Sound Design has launched LEVEL 3-E, a soundset for the Zebra software synthesizer instrument by u-he. LEVEL 3-E is a collection of 90 classic chiptune patches inspired by two popular game consoles from the … read more
Odo Synths has released Dream 64, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows. Dream 64 is not an sid emulator just a plugin that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music Its inspired on the … read more
Xenos Soundworks has launched Computer Science, a soundset for the NI Massive synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. ‘Computer Science’ continues where the popular ‘Videogame Mania’ left off, with 66 chiptune patches inspired by classic … read more
Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced the release of Chiptunes, a new soundset for the ElectraX software synthesizer. Chiptunes is a collection of 220 beautiful old school sounds for ElectraX, inspired by classic computer & game consoles. … read more
Icebreaker Audio has introduced Bitrate, a semi-modular, digital drum machine for Native Instruments Reaktor 5. Offering a variety of sound generation styles, all based on digital synthesis from the late 80s and early 90s, BitRate … read more
Famous Audio has released Heavy Bass Artillery, a collection of bass sounds for the Massive soft synthesizer by Native Instruments. “Famous Audio” are very proud to present our latest release “Heavy Bass Artillery” loaded with … read more
ToneBytes has announced The Bleep Drums, a free chiptune sample pack. The Bleep Drums is a free drumkit sample pack made by our user Stig’s SoundMachinery and based on sounds from Bleep’ synthesizer. This sample … read more
Sunsine Audio has released two new soundsets: To DX With Love for DXi and Casino for the Cassini synth for iOS. Sunsine Audio’s love letter to the glorious world of 80s FM. 64 presets for … read more
Sunsine Audio has announced the release of Sinerise Vol 1, a collection of patches for the Sunrizer iOS synt, and the Glitchchip Vol 1 sample pack. Sunsine Audio is releasing the first in a series … read more