, Industrial Strength Records
, patches and sound banks
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 03, 2013
Industrial Strength has launched Chiptune Massive, a sound library featuring loops, samples, and patches for the Massive & FM8 synthesizer instruments by Native Instruments.
Our new collection was made from the ground up to provide you with a truly unique selection of quirky 24 Bit audio samples and game ready patches for Ni Massive and NI Fm-8. (Included in the Main Pack Only)
This pack is a one stop shop for sequences that you can play by just hitting one key on your midi keyboard Controller while using Ni Massive. Yes, all your favorite sounding old school video game style sequences all at just one finger tip.
We even thru in over 200 Chiptune Audio files and a dope set of Growls, Wobbles and Leads for you to rip apart. Each sample has loads of head room for you to rework and really use with your own Fx. Everything you here in the demo is in the pack and way more.
Chiptune Massive features
- 1.37GB content, 24 bit quality.
- 70 NI Massive Presets, 31 NI FM-8 Presets.
- 244 Apple Loops.
- Includes 137 Chiptune Loops, 119 Drum Loops, 119 High Hat Loops, 25 Chiptune Bass Loops, 117 Chiptune Vocals, 24 Speak n Spell Vocals, 86 Bass Shots, 41 Mettel Synsonics Drums, 9 Virus TI Drums, 52 MT-52 Shots, 39 Casio Cz 101 Samples, 62 Moog Perc Shots, 11 Moog Fx, 60 Moog Lazors, 18 Long Moog Fx, 24 Moog White Noise Fx, 5 Edm Claps, 5 Edm Kicks, 10 Blips, 10 Closed Hats, 30 Kick Drums, 10 Open Hats, 20 Snare Drums, 26 ISR Fx.
- 7 Ni Battery 4 Kits, 1 Mattel NI Battery 4 Kit, 2 ISR Battery 4 Kits (96 Additional Samples), 1 Maschine Kit.
The sound pack is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Industrial Strength / Chiptune Massive
de la Mancha has announced that its PULS monophonic pulse wave synthesizer instrument for Windows is now free.
PULS is a monophonic pulse wave synthesizer with simple controls but complex sounds. From 2 pulse wave oscillators you can get chunky basses, scorching leads, retro chiptune, dusty lofi and oddball noises. With an unusual isometric pixel-art interface, what it lacks in knobs, it makes up for in sound.
It features custom pulse waveforms, unison, oscillator sync and ring modulation for some big ‘n’ dirty sound potential, with a tempo-sync LFO for pulse width modulation (PWM) as well as detune and volume modulation.
PULS is available to download for Windows (VST).
More information: de la Mancha / PULS
3ee Sound Design has launched LEVEL 3-E, a soundset for the Zebra software synthesizer instrument by u-he.
LEVEL 3-E is a collection of 90 classic chiptune patches inspired by two popular game consoles from the late 70s and mid 80s.
From arps, basses and leads to percussion and nostalgic sound effects, the pack contains everything you need to craft a fairly authentic sounding chiptune track.
All instruments within this collection were created by 3ee and optimized with modulation wheel and at least a pair of XY performance controls.
The soundset is available to purchase starting at $6 USD.
More information: 3ee Sound Design / LEVEL 3-E
Odo Synths has released Dream 64, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Dream 64 is not an sid emulator just a plugin that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music
Its inspired on the SID chip from the old but good commodore c64 Of course with some extra features for the fun
Dream 64 features
- 5 Sequencers with 8 steps; All sequencers have a start and end loop but start always at step one.
- Every sequencer has its own BPM rate or all have one Free Rate (manual).
- 1 Wavetable sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect).
- 2 Arp sequencer notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 3 Extra octave sequencer.
- 4 Ring modulation sequencer notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 5 Filter sequencer.
- Oscillator with 4 waveforms and ring modulation mode.
- Waves are saw triangle pulse noise. The noise is very special it can be pitched by key or fixed. Fixed is nice for percussion effects. Also you can pitch it on the GUI. Octaves from -3 to 2.
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BPM rates and free (manual).
- The LFOs can start at gate/free/first (first=host sync/Start when you hit play).
- Destinations of the LFOs are pitch/pulse/ring osc and Filter.
- 2 modulation envelopes (with BPM re-trigger).
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation.
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer.
- Filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass.
- Random for most of the controls.
- Rest most of the controls.
- Double click is reset for most of the controls.
- An extra nice feature a BPM MIDI arp. It’s nice in combination with the sequencers when the MIDI arp is set on low BPM rate (look at the presets with the name MIDI ARP xxxx. There’s also a free (manual rate) for the MIDI arp, but if the free rate to high you only hear the first step of the sequencers.
- Total of 109 presets so even if you don’t understand the plugin it’s useful.
The Dream 64 plug-in for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Odo Synths
Xenos Soundworks has launched Computer Science, a soundset for the NI Massive synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
‘Computer Science’ continues where the popular ‘Videogame Mania’ left off, with 66 chiptune patches inspired by classic sounds from such game systems as the Commodore 64, Amiga, Spectrum ZX and Nintendo Entertainment System.
All 8 Macro Controls have been intelligently assigned to each Patch. Please note: The soundset is in NMSV format only.
The soundset is available to purchase for $9.95 USD.
More information: Xenos Soundworks / Computer Science