Vienna Symphonic Library has announced the release of two new collections for the Vienna Special Editions, its entry-level orchestra packages.
The Vienna Special Editions offer a large-scale orchestra and more at your fingertips, in resource-saving, affordable packages. They are available in four BUNDLES, six COLLECTIONS and 14 individual instrument SECTIONS (Strings, Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion & More, Keyboards & Guitars) that may be purchased separately.
New Vienna Special Edition libraries
- Special Edition Vol 3 (“Appassionata & Muted Strings”) – Apart from the lush and cinematic Appassionata Strings with a wide variety of playing techniques in normal and muted variations, the Special Edition Volume 3 focuses on “con sordino“ (muted) recordings of the Solo Strings and Chamber Strings. Additionally, you’ll find an alternative Harp to the one included in the Special Edition Volume 1. All instruments include Vienna Symphonic Library’s famed Legato Performances – real note transitions, smoothly and authentically performed by the algorithms of the Vienna Instruments software player.
- Special Edition Vol 4 (“Special Winds & Choir”) features 15 woodwind and brass instruments that are not included in the Special Edition Volumes 1–3, such as the “Fanfare Trumpets” (a powerful ensemble of 6 trumpets), bass flute and contrabass clarinet. What’s more, the most important articulations of our Vienna Choir are included, covering the full range of the human voice with soprano, alto, tenor and bass ensembles. Add another dimension and a very human touch to your music, especially to your orchestral scores!
The new Special Edition collections are available to purchase at the introductory price of 325 EUR (Vol 3) and 245 EUR through June 15, 2012.
More information: Vienna Symphonic Library / Special Edition Collection
Soundiron has announced Olympus Micro Choir, the official Mars & Venus demo pack sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
We’re proud to announce the release of our Olympus Micro Choir. More than just an ordinary demo pack, this compact little choir instrument contains just a small taste of the premium content you’ll find in our Olympus Symphonic Choral Collection, featuring the truly massive Mars Men’s and Venus Women’s Choir libraries. We know how daunting such a huge collection can be and the significant investment it represents, so we designed this fully functional and playable demo kit to offer just a taste of the enormous possibilities that Olympus offers.
This compact little choir instrument contains just a tiny slice of the wealth of premium sample and programming content you’ll find in our Olympus Symphonic Choral Collection. It can also simply serve as a great-sounding choir pad set for those who just need the purest of basics, but still want the highest quality available, along with natural acoustics and an expanded range of control features.
Olympus Micro Choir features
- 56 samples.
- 80 MB Installed.
- 16 nki and 4 nkm Kontakt instrument presets.
- 24 bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format.
- Open format to allow user customization.
- Format(s): Kontakt 4 & 5 .nki and pcm .wav.
The sample library is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Soundiron / Olympus Micro Choir
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
, pitch shift and time stretch
Posted in news
on May 14, 2012 - 0 comments
VirSyn has updated its KLON “Vocal Designer” pitch shift effect plugin for Windows and Mac to version 2.0.
KLON is a ultralow latency Pitch-shifting and correction Tool ideally suited for Choir generation, Harmonizing.
Realtime manipulation of vocal sounds with the KLON harmonic pitch shifter.
Changes in KLON v2.0
- Totally revised pitch shifting engine for maximum sound fidelity.
- Ultralow latency for realtime operation.
- Separate handling for transients and consonants.
- Improved choir algorithm.
- CPU load reduction.
- Fixed – VST3: MIDI Pitchbend working now.
The upgrade to KLON 2.0 is free of charge for users of KLON.
VirSyn has also announced a Spring Offer, offering a number of deals until May 31st, 2012.
- PRISM and MATRIX for 129 EUR each.
- The following FX plugins for 99 EUR each:
- BARK – The Multiband Filter.
- FDELAY – The Voice Coder.
- KLON – The Vocal Designer.
- REFLECT – The Algorithmic Reverb.
- TDESIGN – The Transient Former.
- VTAPE – The Analog Tape Suite.
- POSEIDON – The Ocean of Sound – for 99 EUR.
More information: VirSyn / KLON
Soundiron has updated its Requiem Light virtual choir library for Kontakt and Kontakt Player (free) to version 2.5.
Requiem Light v2.5 now includes tempo-synching and speed control.
We’re pleased to announce the release of Requiem Light v2.5 This latest update adds tempo-synching and time-stretching presets to all poly-sustains, soloists and choral effects using Kontakt 5′s new Time Machine Pro engine.
Version 2.5 of the Requiem Light choir library (6.28 GB/3,951 samples) is available to purchase for $324 USD (open-format) and $350 USD (Player Edition) through May 14th, 2012.
More information: Soundiron / Requiem Light
Soundiron has announced the release of Venus – Symphonic Women’s Choir, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Custom Kontakt interface of Latin Fast Poly-Sustains in Venus Symphonic Women’s Choir
This long-anticipated companion to our massive Mars male choir features a full 32-voice women’s chorus + 5 soloists (soprano & alto), singing in both Slavonic (Russian) and Latin, as well as an extended range of standard vowels and syllables, in a wide range of flavors and dynamics.
This 26+ GB library includes over 25000 samples and over 400 Kontakt 4/5 open-format presets in a beautiful custom user interface. It’s available now via high-speed Continuata download and on DVD.
Venus is available to purchase as a download for the introductory price of $369 USD until May 1st, 2012 (regular $399 USD). The Olympus Symphonic Choral Collection bundles Venus with Mars (male Russian/Latin epic choir library) for $549 USD (regular $599 USD).
More information: Soundiron / Venus
SampleTekk has released The INIL Choir – 10cc Voice Loops, a sample library for Kontakt, EXS24, HALion and NN-XT.
The INIL Choir sample library in Kontakt (GUI and scripting by Hollow Sun)
In 1974 10CC recorded their third album, “The Original Soundtrack”. On that album there was a song that would not only be one of the greatest songs ever recorded, it also was a production masterpiece, way ahead of its time. The song is, of course, “I’m Not In Love” written by Eric Stewart and co-writer, Graham Gouldman.
A prominent feature of the song are those amazing, ethereal choral parts. These choirs are unique. There’s simply nothing else like them! The combination of voices and the way they where produced have given them a sound that’s truly one of a kind.
Now, SampleTekk, in cooperation with Eric Stewart of 10CC, are very proud to release of The INIL Choir, thus taking one of the most famous analogue samples into the digital era.
The INIL Choir sample library is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: SampleTekk / INIL Choir
Soniccouture has announced the Crowd-Choir Project, a new sampler instrument in which your voice can be be your ticket to a $2,000 USD Array Mbira.
We are going to build a unique sampler instrument – a choir / vocal ensemble made with hundreds of voices from all around the world.
We need a a minimum of 500 notes to layer in the instrument, so please help us if you can.
Everybody that sends us a recorded note will receive the CrowdChoir instrument free, in Kontakt /EXS & Ableton Live format.
The project will run until March 31st 2012, shortly after which the winner of the Array Mbira will be announced.
More information: Soniccouture / Crowd-Choir Project