, multi fx
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2013
iMusicAlbum has launched Master FX, a multipurpose effect processor for guitar, synthesizer and voice, providing a wide range of high-quality and creative effects options for audio processing.
Includes a broad selection of audio processing options, comprehensive presets system, flexible audio routing options for connecting effect modules, audio player and recorder, low latency and highest quality of audio processing.
Master FX is intended for real-time processing of sound from one or two external instruments or microphones separately while playing or singing. It can also mix instrument sound or voice with pre-recorded audio tracks. Master FX can also be used as a sound processor within a variety of other musical applications as it supports Audiobus. This allows the app to be used as an effects processor as part of an iOS-based multitrack recording system.
Master FX features
- Built-in effects: 3-Band parametric equalizer, Chorus, Flanger, Pitch modulator, Delay, Reverb, Compressor, Limiter on main output.
- Low-latency for real time playing.
- Up to 6 effects at once.
- Various options for connecting effect modules.
- Processing of the two channels separately.
- Built-in player with playlists feature.
- Convenient playback control.
- Built-in recorder with switching sources (input, processed, output).
- Individual presets for each effect module.
- Global presets for all module parameters and connections.
- Includes control options designed specifically for live performance.
- Supports Audiobus in Effect or Output position.
- Support Dropbox web service (you will need free Dropbox account).
- Exchange files between applications through audio clipboard.
- Support “Open in” feature to move audio files from other applications.
- Option “Open file in” sends file directly to another application.
- Access to files through internal Web service in local network.
- Support for iTunes file share.
The Master FX app is available to pruchase for $11.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering Studio / Master FX
, ring modulator
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2013
Moog Music has announced 5 new Minifooger analog effects pedals for guitar and bass.
The Minifoogers place legendary Moog quality, tone and versatility into a compact, rugged housing designed to withstand the tortures of touring and daily abuse.
Today we announce the launch of the Minifooger Analog Effects family – a series of compact – easy to use stomp boxes designed primarily for use with electric guitar and bass. Each Minifooger is housed in a rugged cast aluminum enclosure and features a 100% analog signal path, true bypass design, optional battery power, and a single expression pedal input that can also be controlled via CV.
The Minifooger Analog Effects family is launching with 5 compact stomp boxes – the MF Drive, MF Boost, MF Delay, MF Ring, and MF Trem. Each pedal is 100% analog, designed and hand assembled in Moog’s factory in Asheville, North Carolina and carries a US street price below $200. Two videos can be seen on our site featuring artists experimenting with the Minifoogers: Troy Van Leeuwen, guitarist for the band Queens of The Stone Age takes a more classic approach; and Xander Singh and Ian Hultquist of Passion Pit explores the other worldly side of the Minifoogers.
We are extremely pleased to introduce the Minifoogers and hope that guitar and bass players enjoy years of artistic expression with them.
Minifoogers Analog Effects
- The MF Drive (MSRP $179 USD) is a filter-based overdrive pedal employing a Moog Ladder Filter, boutique FET amplifiers, and OTAs in its drive section making it highly reactive to picking dynamics. The panel features a bi-polar tone control and sweepable filter that work dynamically with input gain to offer each player unique and customizable sounds that retain the core timbre of their instrument. A filter Peak switch shifts harmonic content to the filter’s cutoff position, adding new tonal creation and dirty wah performance possibilities not found in other drive pedals.
- The MF Boost (MSRP $149 USD) is a selectable topology boost pedal that allows the player to switch between an “articulate VCA” signal path and a “colored OTA” signal path. Each is tailored to deliver boutique amplifier sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. The design also imparts natural compression to an input signal, which brings out note articulation and significantly increases the performance of other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal, sweepable-gain boost pedal, and VCA. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
- The MF Delay (MSRP $209 USD) features 35mS-700mS of completely analog delay time. At shorter settings, repeats are fast and bright for creating classic slap-back and plate sounds. At medium and long settings the repeats become darker and naturally trail into reverb-like state. A Drive circuit allows the player to adjust the tone and feel of the MF Delay as well as overdrive the Bucket Brigade Delay line, and the input of a guitar amplifier for bigger sound and feel. Also, the expression pedal input is switchable between feedback for expressive swells and delay time for tape delay and chorus/flange effects.
- The MF Ring (MSRP $159 USD) is an analog ring modulator that is based on the world’s best selling Ring Mod, the Moogerfooger MF-102. Its refined frequency range and tone voicing circuit add new-musical elements to ring modification, making it easy to dial in everything from octaves and choral dissonance to harmonic undertones and synthesized lead lines. The expression pedal input provides hands-free control of the Freq parameter for sound sweeps, pitch shifting effects, and playing between two scales on the fly.
- The MF Trem (MSRP $189 USD) is an analog tremolo pedal designed around a balanced modulator and Sub Audio VCO. This design creates a wide range of effects that are based on phase cancellation and addition. Players can create classic optical tremolo, hard tremolo, rotary effects and more that react dynamically to harmonic content. A variable Shape control interacts with Tone and Mix to craft subtle swells and gallops to rhythmic percussive, and swirling effects. When pushed, the MF Trem can also approach the beginnings of phasing and chorus. The expression pedal input adds control of the Speed parameter for hands-free swells and rotary effects.
The Minifooger pedals are available for preorder from all authorized Moog dealers. Shipping starts in October, 2013.
More information: Moog / Minifooger
XILS-lab has announce availability of version 1.5 of Chor’X, a bucket brigade delay chorus plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This major update, adds a 4th Chorus algorithm to the Dimension-D, Synthex, and CS-80 ones, as well as some refined versions of these 3 existing modules.
A totally revamped interface that will greatly enhances your workflow has also been added, offering you to switch between the Easy/Legacy Mode (default) and the Advanced-Complex-Deep Mode, without loosing anything of the richness and in depth programming possibilities of the former version !
XILS-lab Chor’X 1.5 with Advanced panel.
Changes in Chor’X v1.5
- The Legacy Mode
- The Chor’X 1.5 Graphic Interface has been totally revamped to offer you a Legacy Mode. It’s very easy to get the exact sound of the 4 legendary units we have modeled, without having to do anything and change complex parameters.
- Be prepared to experience new Dimension, Synthex, CS-80 like textures without effort.
- A new “VP-330″ algorithm, finely emulated from the real hardware, is now available in Chor’X 1.5.
- The Advanced Mode
- Chor’X 1.0 brought you wide and wild sound shaping. You won’t loose anything with Chor’X 1.5: The same internal parameters of these legendary units are still exposed in the same way as they were in version 1.0. But this time, only if you want it or need it!
- Project and presets are fully backward compatible.
- The Stereo Space Engine
- The True Stereo Dynamic Engine allows you to build spectacular, complex and intrigating stereo scenes, with real time aimations. Some people only use this module on entires mixes.
- Now, for those who wants to keep the exact legacy sound of their preferred algorithm, it is easy to by-pass the stereoizer.
- Windows 7/8: the graphic Interface is now smooth and fast.
- Windows 7 32 bits: authorization correctly completed.
- Installers (mac and windows): Possibility to select which plug-in format must be installed.
- Preset Browser: Randomly, not all the presets were displayed. This is fixed with the 1.5 version.
- Preset Browser: A dry/wet lock function allows to browse without changing the dry/wet level (Advanced mode only).
In celebration of the 1.5 update, Chor’X for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for 39 EUR until October 15th, 2013 (regular 59 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / Chor’X
123creative.com has announced the release of Classic colored pedals 1, a collection of guitar pedal effects by G-Sonique.
Classic colored pedals 1 is collection of 4 classic yet very useable VST guitar effects: virtual guitar pedals / stompboxes, that was created in cooperation with G-Sonique engineers.
Classic colored pedals 1 features
- Stereo Delay SD-1: classic stereophonic delay with delay, feedback and mix knobs.
- Blue Chorus CR-1: classic blue chorus with rate, depth and mix knobs.
- Tremolo TR-1: gentle sounding sinus tremolo perfect for all mellow styles like folk, blues, jazz and others.
- Noise gate NG-1: if you want to eliminate noise of your analog to digital converter (mostly audible if use distortion pedals which significantly multiply volume of input signal) or if you want to remove guitar acoustic reverberation/feedback use Noise gate NG-1. Noise gate release just signal which is louder than set level (by threshold knob), all quieter sounds are removed.
The plug-in pack for Windows (VST) costs 7.90 EUR.
More information: 123Creative / Classic colored pedals 1
Softrave has announced the release of Vintage Vibe Stereo and Vintage Flanger Chorus Stereo, two effect plug-ins for Windows.
Softrave Vintage series stompbox effect plug-ins.
Vintage Vibe Stereo is inspired by analog guitar pedals used by Jimi Hendrix and Soundgarden. Vibe effect is combination of Vibrato and Chorus effects. This combination of effects create Leslie type of vibration of sound that is so good for psychedelic, indie rock , grunge and experimental type of music. You can also use this pedal with keyboards adding some warmth to digital sound of you fav VSTi`s.
Vintage Flanger Chorus Stereo is inspired by classical analog guitar pedal Electric Mistress by Electroharmonix used by David Gilmour, Todd Rundgren, Alex Lifeson, Andy Summers of The Police, J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. and ex-Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante. It was also used by Robert Fripp (King Crimson), Alex Lifeson (Rush), Lenny Kravitz and The Chemical Brothers. Vintage Flanger Chorus Stereo is not exact clone of Electric Mistress/ it dont have filter matrix but have more controls over phase of rotation and balance of effects.
The plug-ins are available to purchase for 11 EUR each (Windows VST).
More information: Softrave