J1000 has announced the release of CH4D, a free chorus effect plug-in for Windows.
CH4D is a classic chorus effect with four delay taps. All four taps are controlled with single knob and plugin automatically calculates time and amplitude differences. CH4D lets you narrow spectrum with two resonant cut filters.
You don’t have to worry when working with basses or sounds with ultra-precise highs, because it will leave their critical parts intact and process only the midrange.
- Four delay taps (two per L/R channel).
- Low-cut and high-cut filters with adjustable resonance (12dB/octave slopes).
- Advanced LFO that avoids unnatural repetitive modulation.
- Phase invertion and soloing for wet signal.
- Continuous dry/wet mix control.
- Simple output correlation meter.
- Zero latency and very low CPU consumption.
The plug-in is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: J1000
Acon Digital has released Multiply, a free and versatile chorus effect with a unique twist.
Each simulated voice is processed with a phase randomizing filter so that unpleasant comb filter effects are avoided. The effect can be used to simulate the effect of several performers playing the same tones simultaneously, to widen the spatial image or to create special effects for sound design.
Multiply can simulate up to 6 additional voices and both the pitch and the loudness of the voices can be modulated. There is also an integrated equalizer consisting of low cut, low shelf, high shelf and high cut filters that can be applied to the effect signal. An integrated pre-delay section makes it possible to create modulated and diffuse echo effects.
- Chorus effect with up to six separate voices.
- Randomized phase filters in order to avoid comb filtering effects while keeping delay times short.
- Amplitude modulation.
- Frequency modulation.
- Adjustable pre-delay.
- Integrated equalizer for the effect signal.
- Graphical visualization of equalizer frequency response.
- Undo and redo parameter changes.
- A/B comparisons.
- Preset manager.
- Save, load and categorize user presets.
Multiply is available as a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU). It is part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2014.
More information: Acon Digital / Multiply
IK Multimedia has released version 3.13 of AmpliTube Custom Shop, which now includes all-new models of the Pinnacle Deluxe and Nirvana Chorus stomps from Wampler Pedals.
With those summer gigs right around the corner, IK Multimedia is proud to announce the release all-new models of the Pinnacle Deluxe and Nirvana Chorus stomps from Wampler Pedals.
Developed in joint cooperation with boutique stompbox effects manufacturer Wampler Pedals, both of these top models give guitar players new high-end power tools to sculpt their tones with unique precision and character. Download them now in the AmpliTube Custom Shop for Mac/PC today!
The new Wampler Pedals models are available for 20 Custom Shop Gear Credits each. Gear Credit Packs start at $19.99 USD/15.99 EUR (for 20 credits).
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Custom Shop
SKnote has launched DDD, a chorus effect plug-in for Windows and Mac, emulating the Roland Dimension D.
The DDD Dimension Chorus plugin by SKnote.
Modeled after a famous rack device, DDD is a fantastic tool to add beautiful dimension and thickness to tracks. From chorus to transparent and subtle, it is extremely simple and effective.
Bucket Brigade (BBD) analog delay is emulated, together with the compander sections (compression and expansion for better BBD performances).
- BBD modeling.
- Mono/stereo mode.
- Mix function.
- Extended modes.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at $29.99 USD.
More information: SKnote / DDD
Jiggery-Pokery has launched Chenille, a bucket-brigade delay chorus ensemble Rack Extension effect for Reason.
Chenille BBD Chorus Ensemble is the ultimate studio-quality vintage chorus device for Reason. It invokes the classic, non-sweeping sounds of the analogue Bucket Brigade Device (BBD) circuits.
Chenille offers a wealth of deep, rich ensemble effects. With an original and exclusive algorithmic implementation it emulates the classic BBD string ensemble and chorus circuits of the 1970s and 80s, including those found in many classic products, including the CE-1 pedal and Dimension D rack unit, the 310U ensemble, and the Synthex and Juno synthesizers. This modular chorus system finally gives you the long sought-after subtle, movement-free chorus and gentle audio enrichment.
Whether you are a guitarist or vocalist, or like your synths sounding big, Chenille BBD Chorus Ensemble provides the recipe to the producers’ secret sauce, the classic effect that’s behind forty years of hit records.
Chenille for Reason is available to purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Jiggery-Pokery / Chenille
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2013 - 0 comments
iMusicAlbum has launched Master FX, a multipurpose effect processor for guitar, synthesizer and voice, providing a wide range of high-quality and creative effects options for audio processing.
Includes a broad selection of audio processing options, comprehensive presets system, flexible audio routing options for connecting effect modules, audio player and recorder, low latency and highest quality of audio processing.
Master FX is intended for real-time processing of sound from one or two external instruments or microphones separately while playing or singing. It can also mix instrument sound or voice with pre-recorded audio tracks. Master FX can also be used as a sound processor within a variety of other musical applications as it supports Audiobus. This allows the app to be used as an effects processor as part of an iOS-based multitrack recording system.
Master FX features
- Built-in effects: 3-Band parametric equalizer, Chorus, Flanger, Pitch modulator, Delay, Reverb, Compressor, Limiter on main output.
- Low-latency for real time playing.
- Up to 6 effects at once.
- Various options for connecting effect modules.
- Processing of the two channels separately.
- Built-in player with playlists feature.
- Convenient playback control.
- Built-in recorder with switching sources (input, processed, output).
- Individual presets for each effect module.
- Global presets for all module parameters and connections.
- Includes control options designed specifically for live performance.
- Supports Audiobus in Effect or Output position.
- Support Dropbox web service (you will need free Dropbox account).
- Exchange files between applications through audio clipboard.
- Support “Open in” feature to move audio files from other applications.
- Option “Open file in” sends file directly to another application.
- Access to files through internal Web service in local network.
- Support for iTunes file share.
The Master FX app is available to pruchase for $11.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering Studio / Master FX
, ring modulator
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2013 - 0 comments
Moog Music has announced 5 new Minifooger analog effects pedals for guitar and bass.
The Minifoogers place legendary Moog quality, tone and versatility into a compact, rugged housing designed to withstand the tortures of touring and daily abuse.
Today we announce the launch of the Minifooger Analog Effects family – a series of compact – easy to use stomp boxes designed primarily for use with electric guitar and bass. Each Minifooger is housed in a rugged cast aluminum enclosure and features a 100% analog signal path, true bypass design, optional battery power, and a single expression pedal input that can also be controlled via CV.
The Minifooger Analog Effects family is launching with 5 compact stomp boxes – the MF Drive, MF Boost, MF Delay, MF Ring, and MF Trem. Each pedal is 100% analog, designed and hand assembled in Moog’s factory in Asheville, North Carolina and carries a US street price below $200. Two videos can be seen on our site featuring artists experimenting with the Minifoogers: Troy Van Leeuwen, guitarist for the band Queens of The Stone Age takes a more classic approach; and Xander Singh and Ian Hultquist of Passion Pit explores the other worldly side of the Minifoogers.
We are extremely pleased to introduce the Minifoogers and hope that guitar and bass players enjoy years of artistic expression with them.
Minifoogers Analog Effects
- The MF Drive (MSRP $179 USD) is a filter-based overdrive pedal employing a Moog Ladder Filter, boutique FET amplifiers, and OTAs in its drive section making it highly reactive to picking dynamics. The panel features a bi-polar tone control and sweepable filter that work dynamically with input gain to offer each player unique and customizable sounds that retain the core timbre of their instrument. A filter Peak switch shifts harmonic content to the filter’s cutoff position, adding new tonal creation and dirty wah performance possibilities not found in other drive pedals.
- The MF Boost (MSRP $149 USD) is a selectable topology boost pedal that allows the player to switch between an “articulate VCA” signal path and a “colored OTA” signal path. Each is tailored to deliver boutique amplifier sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. The design also imparts natural compression to an input signal, which brings out note articulation and significantly increases the performance of other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal, sweepable-gain boost pedal, and VCA. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
- The MF Delay (MSRP $209 USD) features 35mS-700mS of completely analog delay time. At shorter settings, repeats are fast and bright for creating classic slap-back and plate sounds. At medium and long settings the repeats become darker and naturally trail into reverb-like state. A Drive circuit allows the player to adjust the tone and feel of the MF Delay as well as overdrive the Bucket Brigade Delay line, and the input of a guitar amplifier for bigger sound and feel. Also, the expression pedal input is switchable between feedback for expressive swells and delay time for tape delay and chorus/flange effects.
- The MF Ring (MSRP $159 USD) is an analog ring modulator that is based on the world’s best selling Ring Mod, the Moogerfooger MF-102. Its refined frequency range and tone voicing circuit add new-musical elements to ring modification, making it easy to dial in everything from octaves and choral dissonance to harmonic undertones and synthesized lead lines. The expression pedal input provides hands-free control of the Freq parameter for sound sweeps, pitch shifting effects, and playing between two scales on the fly.
- The MF Trem (MSRP $189 USD) is an analog tremolo pedal designed around a balanced modulator and Sub Audio VCO. This design creates a wide range of effects that are based on phase cancellation and addition. Players can create classic optical tremolo, hard tremolo, rotary effects and more that react dynamically to harmonic content. A variable Shape control interacts with Tone and Mix to craft subtle swells and gallops to rhythmic percussive, and swirling effects. When pushed, the MF Trem can also approach the beginnings of phasing and chorus. The expression pedal input adds control of the Speed parameter for hands-free swells and rotary effects.
The Minifooger pedals are available for preorder from all authorized Moog dealers. Shipping starts in October, 2013.
More information: Moog / Minifooger