Softrave has announced the release of its Vintage Space Chorus effect plug-in for Windows.
Vintage Space Chorus is intended to create unusual stereo chorus space effects good for rock, electronica, disco and experimental styles of music.
With this plug you can add some vintage analog feel to boring digital sound.
This effect was inspired by guitar pedals made by Electroharmonix.
The plug-in (Windows VST) is available to purchase for 11 EUR / $15 USD.
More information: Softrave / Vintage Space Chorus
One Small Clue has released version 0.3.1 of Orange Chorus, a free chorus effect plug-in for Windows.
One Small Clue Orange Chorus VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
I’m considering creating a series of free effect plugins, partly inspired by the Kjaerhus Classic series.
My current thought is to only create plugins which can be made with simple GUIs. Say a maxiumum of 8 knobs or switches. The simple controls will be a limiting factor on how effects are designed. However that should make the GUI’s quicker to produce, leaving more time to focus on the effect algorithms which is more fun.
My goal was to create a clear chorus effect that could be used to thicken or blur synth parts or vocals. I’m fairly happy with the plugin so far. Depending on the feedback I might tweak the chorus algorithms a bit more. I’m not sure about the all knob GUI design. I think it makes for an attractive overall layout, but perhaps switches would better represent the functionality of the MODE and SHAPE parameters.
Orange Chorus is available as a free download for Windows (32/64-bit VST).
More information: One Small Clue / Orange Chorus
Sound Magic has announced Neo Plasma, a new concept in multi delay type effects.
Neo Plasma uses a Plasma Collision System to maximize the randomness of several parameters, creating a bigger and richer sound than is possible with standard FX boxes. Neo Plasma features a whole multi delay system which enables Neo Plasma to produce several kinds of effects, including:
- Multi delay effect with feedback control and different modulation options that give it too many sound possibilities to list here. It can be a exciting modern delay FX one minute and a vintage delay effect with mellow and richer sound the next!
- Multi tap effect.
- 6 voices Echo effect.
- Chorus effect – but with our built-in modulation options, users can achieve a richer sound than other chorus effects on the market. Make their own unique chorus now!
- Flange effect.
- Many newly created EFX – Neo Plasma has a modular structure inside so it is possible for users to create new effects with different settings.
Sound Magic has made Neo Plasma easy to operate, too. Delay times AND note durations are completely in user’s control. With our graphic control GUI, users can easily move the icons to their desired positions and Neo Plasma will calculate the panning and volume for them automatically.
Neo Plasma features
- Internal 64-bit floating point precision.
- Innovative Plasma Collision System.
- Six modulated stereo delay lines.
- Independent feedback and LFO with stereo phase shift control on each tap.
- Over 20 modulation waveforms.
- Support up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Neo Plasma for Windows (VST/Supreme Piano 2 add-on) is available to purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Plasma
Synapse Audio has announced the RM-1, AF-4, and DC-2, three high quality Rack Extension effect plugins for Propellerhead’s Reason.
Synapse Audio’s RM-1 Ring Modulator Rack Extension effect for Propellerhead Reason.
Synapse Audio Rack Extensions
- RM-1 is a virtual-analog ring modulator with a unique soft-saturation characteristic. Both an internal oscillator as well as mono and stereo side chains are available as a modulation source. Full CV control for all knobs is available on the backside of this rack extension.
- AF-4 is a virtual-analog lowpass filter module, based on the well-known transistor ladder design. In order to obtain higest quality, this lowpass filter employs a topology-preserving, zero-delay feedback network with 4x oversampling, yielding results comparable to industrial circuit simulator.
- DC-2 dual chorus offers a warm, sweeping stereo chorus effect based on a two-stage design with well-matched delay times.
The Rack Extensions are available to purchase at the Propellerhead Shop.
More information: Synapse Audio / Rack Extensions
Variety Of Sound has released NastyDLA mkII, an updated version of the classic chorus echo device with tape-delay simulation.
The mkII version of this plug-in is an overall technical redesign and features “stateful saturation” algorithms for an overall improved sound experience and changes several things under the hood. Basically, NastyDLA mkII remains feature wise the very same but introduces the input stage modelled by this new and exciting technology and also redesigns the tape compression algorithm for an improved IM distortion performance. In general, the distortion generation appears to be more analog like and the perception of width and depth has been improved significantly.
Variety Of Sound NastyDLA mkII (Windows VST 32-bit)
Changes in NastyDLA mkII
- The behaviour of the input stage has been changed. It acts output level compensated now and only is active if the SAT switch is engaged. It is modeled based upon a stateful saturation algorithm which sound wise turns in to a way better distortion performance as well as a more “3d” sound perception.
- The tape compressor has been improved for a better IM distortion performance and a less muddy sound.
- The level of noise which can be dialed in has been altered. The level itself is corrected and by moving the according knob to the left-most position the noise can be switched off.
NastyDLA mkII is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: Variety Of Sound
, analyser and monitor
, Blue Cat
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Mar 28, 2012 - 1 comment
Blue Cat Audio has announced the release of Blue Cat’s Free Pack II, a complete redesign of its free plug-ins bundle.
This new package includes several new plugins (dual channel EQ, stereo phaser), brand new user interfaces, as well as dozens of new features and enhancements: a new presets manager, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, many new presets, Windows AAX support, and much more…
We encourage you to check them out, the whole package is entirely free!
The Free Pack II plug-ins are available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/DirectX, 32/64-bit).
More information: Blue Cat Audio / Free Pack
XILS-lab has released Chor’X, the Spatializer chorus effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Chor’X combines three types of Vintage Chorus effects, based on Bucket-Brigade Delay (BBD) emulation with a sophisticated True Stereo Dynamic Spatializer.
With this duo, it becomes very easy to add space , depth, and other dimensions to your instruments, and achieve complex and intriguing mixes.
Chor’X vintage bucket-brigade delay chorus
- Four Bucket-Brigade Delay emulations.
- Three standard chorus structures (with special filtering and compender emulations).
- Two 2-D pads for easy parameters tweaking.
- True Stereo Dynamic Engine.
- Advanced Dry/Wet modulation with an impulse follower.
- Advance Amount modulation with an envelope follower.
- True stereo path with independent Right and Left Chorus structures.
- Advanced preset management.
- All parameters are MIDI controllable.
Chor’X for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 39 EUR until April 30th, 2012 (regular 59 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / Chor’X
, GUI and skins
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Mar 22, 2012 - 1 comment
Amazona.de has released version 2.0 of Tyrell N6 by u-he, the free virtual analog synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Selbstbewusst gibt sich der TYRELL NEXUS SECHS 2.0 in einem vollkommen neuen Layout, welches der Bassist Marcus Steinlechner entworfen hat. Schwarze Flächen, eingefasst in gebürstetem Metall, leuchtend blaue Schriftzüge und ein Swimming-Pool-farbenes Display geben sich zwar kühl, aber der Sound ist genau das Gegenteil.
Neu hinzugekommen ist der analoge Chorus, der dem breiten, warmen Chorus eines Roland Juno-60 nachempfunden wurde. Vor allem sind es aber die subtilen klanglichen Verbesserungen, die den TYRELL N6 2.0 noch analoger und damit realistischer klingen lassen.
Tyrell N6 2.0 has a new layout and GUI, a Roland Juno-60 type analog chorus effect, and some subtle improvements to the sound.
nBeat has updated the “80′s skin” for Tyrell N6 to suit the new version 2.0.
nBeat’s beautiful 80′s skin for Tyrell N6
Tyrell N6 v2.0 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download as freeware from the Amazona.de website. The nBeat skin is available to download here.
More information: Amazona.de / u-he