Sonigen Modular, a virtual modular synth instrument, was updated to version 0.9.213.
Sonigen Modular is a modular software synthesizer which combines the freedom and flexibility of classic modular synthesis with the benefits of a modern software implementation.
The user interface is quick and intuitive to use while still affording the sound designer great freedom. The audio processing algorithms are of high quality while still being CPU efficient.
Changes in Sonigen Modular v0.9.213
- ADSFR times & sustain level can be modulated.
- Separate up and down pitch bend ranges.
- DelayFX tempo sync, and general improvements.
- Hold Pedal now implemented.
- Documentation improved.
- Voice count now up to 64 and uses less CPU when idle.
- Modules are now re-nameable.
- Syncrosc now blends between wave shapes.
- Voice shutoff management now automatic.
- MIDI Aftertouch / Channel Pressure implemented.
- Mono Legato mode for envelopes.
- Polysine oscillator, phase modulation + funky feedback.
- Pulsaw shape can now be modulated.
- Random controller, gives random value at on noteon.
The latest beta of Sonigen Modular is available to download from Windows at no cost.
More information: Sonigen
Chris Jones has updated the Sonigen Modular, a software synthesizer which gives you the freedom and flexibility of classic modular synthesis with high quality sound and efficient cpu usage.
The new features are Controllers and Modifiers.
Controllers are input widgets that allow you to use a control signal like Velocity, Keytrack or unison as a source signal for a module input. You could already do this but they have been improved both graphically and feature wise. Most controllers now have a popup panel with extra settings so you can customize how they work. For Velocity you can select response curve, for Ketrack you can change mapping, for Unison you can select a specific value for each voice.
Modifiers are like controllers except that they modify an existing input. So you can set Velocity to control the input level of an ADSFR signal. Or you can use the ModWheel modifier to change how much LFO is applied to the pitch input.
The Sonigen Modular public beta is available as a free download for Windows PC.
More information: Sonigen Modular
Chris Jones has released a beta/demo version of Sonigen Modular, a virtual modular synthesizer for Windows.
Sonigen Modular is a modular software synthesizer which offers you the freedom and flexibility of classic modular synthesis with high quality sound and efficient cpu usage.
Sonigen Modular features
- Fully modular, you can add as many modules and patch cables as you want.
- A fast and intuitive user interface. Layout is mostly automatic, cables indicate signal flow, and our (unique as far as I know) dynamic input handling reduces the need for extra mixer modules, and also reduces screen wastage from unused input terminals / knobs.
- Modular voice and modular output effect processing both cleanly integrated in one window.
- Everything is processed at full sample rate so there is no need to differentiate between audio signals and control signals. This makes it easier to use and also more flexible.
- Just in time (JIT) assembly. Not only is the audio engine written entirely in assembler, but it is also dynamically assembled at runtime. This enables a whole class of optimizations that are otherwise impossible with pre-compiled binaries.
The Sonigen Modular demo is now available to download.
More information: Sonigen Modular