Plogue has announced the release of chipspeech, a vintage-styled speech synthesizer which recreates the sound of famous 80′s voice synthesis chips.
It is specially tailored for musical needs – simply type in your lyrics, and then play on your MIDI keyboard. It’s a true synthesizer, the sound can be extensively modified for easy and expressive performances.
chipspeech also features a circuit bending emulation, letting you not only recreate the insane and chaotic sound of a circuit bent TI speaking device, but also use it in a controlled, musical way.
chipspeech for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/Standalone) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $75 USD/63 EUR/£50 GBP for a limited time (regular $95 USD/80 EUR/£63 GBP).
More information: Plogue / chipspeech
Heavyocity has partnered with Icebreaker Audio to release BitRate II, a major update to the BitRate semi-modular 8-bit drum machine for Reaktor.
BitRate II uses multiple methods of retro digital synthesis and sampling to produce charismatic and nostalgic drum sounds. The included sound engines cover chipsounds, FM synthesis, lofi sampling, and glitchy circuit bending.
On top of these unique sound engines, BitRate II also offers a 5-track mixer and a master fx section that includes an analogue modelled EQ, bus compressor, and speaker simulator for added lo-fi effect.
The drums can be triggered via MIDI or from the internal sequencer. The sequencer provides two modulation sequences per drum, which can be routed to virtually any combination of sound parameters in any amount.
BitRate II also comes bundled with the MonoBoy instrument, a melodic counterpart for BitRate II. MonoBoy uses similar sound engines, but in an interface more suited to melodic playing.
The BitRate II Bundle ships with a total of 140 preset snapshots including a variety of sounds from kits and beats to synths and samples.
BitRate II features
- 5 drum slots into which you can load any one of 4 sound engines.
- 4 lo-fi digital sound engines: Chip, FM, Sampler, Glitch.
- The ability to sample from the audio input into a custom-built sample engine.
- A built-in sequencer with 2 modulation sequences per drum.
- Per-track sequence length, allowing for complex poly-rhythms.
- EQ, Compressor, and Speaker Simulator master effects.
- 3 sound generator modes, including a unique DM sampler.
- Easy-to-use arpeggiator and Voice Controls
- 2 Modulation sequences.
- A master FX section that includes the one-of-a-kind Bit Delay effect.
The BitRate II & MonoBoy bundle is available for purchase for an introductory price of $29 USD for the first two weeks (regular $49 USD). During this period, original BitRate owners can buy BitRate II for $19 USD.
More information: Heavyocity / BitRate II
Loopmasters has launched Robotica, a sample pack featuring a collection of twisted and abused electronic talking toys by extreme samplist MIDI Error.
Mr Error is back to his old tricks tormenting innocent inanimate objects, this time armed with a PZ2 insulated screwdriver and a wet finger he has managed to coax strange garbled electronic noises and words from a collection of dusty electronic toys and games for your listening pleasure.
Every sound in this collection has come from genuinely abused toys mic-ed and hardwired to a chain of devastating audio effects including Bitcrushers, Watkins Tape Delay, Mooger Fooger Pedals and then plumbed into a vintage Reel to Reel tape machine for some warm Analog saturation.
During the last moments of their inevitable death and whilst under heavy interrogation these battery operated kid’s companions spat out their entire vocal range and then some, luckily our sample hero was there to capture it all to tape.
The sample pack is available for purchase for £19.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Robotica
Ivory Bunker has announced 4 new free sample packs.
I’ve opened up the Ivory Bunker Samplepacks page a couple of months ago with the idea of sharing some of the sounds I’ve recorded or created over the last couple of years. I may have used some of those already and/or might in the future, but a lot of them are probably doomed to gather binary dust.
Trusting that there are plenty creative people out there who can make good use of some sounds that go beyond the scope of most commercially (including the freebies coming with magazines) packs and libraries, I decided to start out with a focus on my collection of recordings of my DIY- and Circuit Bent Instruments and the like, as well as the occasional field recordings.
New packs at Ivory Bunker
- Samplepack 2: Waves Mallorca 24bit/44.100 (38MB) — rec wavs16 selections from field recordings of waves captured on Mallorca March 2013. Recorded with the built-in mics on a zoom h4n. Post processed for ideal results. 24/44.100.
- Samplepack 3: Atari Punk Console 16bit/44.100 (24MB) — APCC142 (fortytwo) 16bit/44.1kHz/mono wav files* all recorded from either my “Atari Punk Cassette Console” or an Atari Punk Console Circuit built with two 555 chips on a breadboard.
- Samplepack 4 Kid’s Electronic Lab: 24bit/44.100 (38MB) — ElectronicLab 30inONE18 24bit/44.1kHz/mono wav files* of recordings of circuits with the 30 in ONE Electronic Lab. All from Audio-related Experiments – simple oscillators, siren, etc on a Maxitronic 30 in ONE kit.
- Samplepack 5 The Poor Man’s Synthesizer: 24bit/44.100 (54MB) — This sample pack contains 113 24bit/44.1kHz/mono wav files* sorted into four categories – Bass n Synth, Drones n FX, Loops and Percussive. These have to be read with a grain of salt, as those are probably not your classical construction kit variety sounds. The Poor Man’s Synthesizer (or Chocolate Box Synth) based on a design by Andrew Bentley. You can find the schematics, BOM and layout at John Richard’s Dirty Electronics website, should you be interested in building one of those for yourselves.
The packs are free to download at Ivory Bunker.
More information: Ivory Bunker
Puremagnetik has announced the release of Hyperbent, a collection of circuit bent sounds for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic.
Hyperbent includes over 80 circuit bent and electronics hacked instrument programs, over 200 clips, over 500 individual multisamples.
This bundle melds together Puremagnetik’s celebrated line of circuit bent, grit-driven, black hat instruments into one bag of tricks.
- Artifact – A library of sound palettes created from digital anomalies and malfunctions. It includes 6 kits and a collection of looped clips.
- Hackshop – A versatile collection of sampled blips, beeps, bumps and squeals from the circuit bent arsenal of TVS.
- Bender – Over 100 phrases of looped madness, 5 percussive kit menus and various other squelching, squealing sonic elements guaranteed to satisfy the destructive streak in any producer.
- Skatik – A collection of instruments, sound effects, percussion kits and looped digital freak-outs sourced from a heavily circuit bent Casio SK-5.
- Voltbox – 10 unique and playful Instrument Racks featuring the chaotic tones of several circuit bent toys.
- Realistik – 24 advanced Instrument Racks based on the sounds of a heavily circuit bent Realistic Concertmate 360 keyboard.
The collection is available for the introductory price of $9.99 USD until May 18th, 2014 (regular $59 USD).
More information: Puremagnetik / Hyperbent
More posts that match this tag
Samplephonics has launched Twisted Circuits & Glitches, a sample library by EVAC and Sam Peck. Inside the sample library you will find a range of twisted and warped glitchy loops and samples, including 4 bar … read more
Moogfest and Moog Music has announced a Circuit Bending Challenge, offering you a chance to win Moog’s Sub Phatty, Slim Phatty and Minitaur synthesizers and free passes to the Moogfest 2014 festival. Moog Music was … read more
Kurt James Werner and Mayank Sanganaria have released version 1.1 of bent.fm lite, a model of a circuit-bent synthesizer for iOS. bent.fm allows the user to tweak classic circuit bending modifications like fine and octave-decimated … read more
Sinevibes has updated its Malfunction circuit-bent filter plugin for Mac to v1.0.1. Turn drum loops into glitchy mayhem. Make basses scream and beg for mercy. Burn anything to ashes. Malfunction is a unique tool for … read more
Ivory Bunker has released Samplepack 1: Circuit Bent Toyphone, a free collection of samples. This samplepack contains 123 samples recorded from a Cicuit Bent Turkish Toyphone. It has three subfolders containing a) sounds from the … read more
Samplephonics has announced its Analogue Sale, offering a 50% discount on selected sample libraries. Drum samples, vintage sequencers, synths and more… We’re offering a massive 50% off all of our analogue based products, including some … read more
Outbound link: Samplephonics
– Related: circuit bending
, drum machine
, Paul Rez
, samples and sound libraries
, Toby Baker
Posted in news
on Jul 01, 2013 - 0 comments
Sinevibes has announced the release of Malfunction, a new circuit-bent filter AudioUnit plugin for Mac. Malfunction is a unique tool for extreme sound destruction. This effect is based on a special low-pass filter that has … read more
Samplephonics has introduced Twisted Electronics, a sample library featuring sounds of circuit bent gear. Stu Smith and Airbag Killex (Warped Phonics) have created a diverse selection of loops, samples and one shot sounds from their … read more
Puremagnetik has announced the release of Skatik, a collection of instruments, sound effects, percussion kits and looped digital freak-outs sourced from a heavily circuit bent Casio SK-5. The most interesting on-board sounds have been multi-sampled … read more
Sebastian Tomczak of little-scale has released Circuit Bent Duck, a free collection of samples featuring sounds of a circuit bent toy. Fifty tasty samples of a circuit bent duck, recorded directly from a modified children’s … read more
Icebreaker Audio has released the HandySynth sample library for Kontakt. HandySynth is a sample based re-creation of a custom circuit-bent Yamaha HandySound HS-200 for Native Instruments Kontakt 5. HandySynth features All instrument sounds chromatically sampled … read more
Audio Geek Zine has released AGZFX03: Hell Piano, a Kontakt sample library featuring the sounds of a circuit-bent electronic toy piano. This sample library contains the sounds of a circuitbent FisherPrice 3810 electronic toy piano … read more
Tonebytes has announced the release of Bundle 2012, a limited time discount on a collection of all Tonebytes plug-ins. From 15 Dec 2011 to 15 Jan 2012 get all the plugins for only $30 in … read more
Outbound link: Tonebytes
– Related: bass guitar
, circuit bending
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 14, 2011 - 0 comments
Puremagnetik has released Devil07, an emulation of the classic Roland TR-707 as modified by Diabolical Devices with ring modulation, filtering, distortion and doubling type effects. Devil07 is a classic Roland TR-707 drum machine instrument and … read more
Outbound link: Puremagnetik
– Related: Ableton
, circuit bending
, Diabolical Devices
, drum machine
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jul 28, 2011 - 0 comments
Loopmasters has released Food For Live – Toy Factory, a collection of Ableton sound libraries by Puremagnetik. Hacked, glitched and tricked out toys will invade your Ableton Library. Twisted electronics, chaotic circuit-bent synthesizers and classic … read more