Nord has launched OS version 1.20 for the Nord Lead 4 performance synthesizer.
OS 1.20 is an important update that both fixes some bugs in the Nord Lead 4 as well as adding a number of new features.
Changes in OS v1.20
- Performances are now organized in 2 Banks, A and B with 50 slots in each.
- When the Ladder M filter is selected, the filter and amp envelopes is switched into a more vintage like mode.
- Nord Sound Manager Program Bundles are now supported – requires Nord Sound Manager 6.34 or newer!
- Details here.
The update is available now from the downloads section.
Nord has also introduced a new bank for the Nord Lead 4 by Richard Devine.
Richard Devine is an artist and sound designer based in Atlanta GA. He’s a man of many skills and his portfolio includes releasing music on the cult label WARP, remixing Ryuichi Sakamoto, sound design for Microsoft Windows 7 and doing sound libraries for many innovative companies like Ableton, Native Instruments, Propellerheads, Izotope and many more!
Richard also did some brilliant patches the Nord Modular G2 back in the day, so he can proudly call himself real Clavian!
The free bank includes 50 performances, 50 single programs, and 25 bonus drum sound programs.
More information: Nord / Nord Lead 4
Piet Kaempfer aka Protonica has released version 1.1 of a free Max for Live device for controlling a Nord Lead 2X synthesizer.
The Nord Lead 2X controller device for Max for Live & Ableton Live.
This is a Max for Live Midi Device to give you remote control on your Clavia Nord Lead/Rack 2X. Easier Automation and Modulation of each Control Change (CC) Parameter.
Nord Lead 2X 1.1 features
- Edit almost every parameter of your Nord Lead/Rack from this device.
- If you edit any CC knob from Nord Lead/Rack, you can see it moving directly from this device.
- Automate & modulate all parameter from the front panel in Live.
- When you open the project with this device, all the parameters are automatically sent to the Nord Lead/Rack.
- Load and save programs (as Max for Live device).
- Control all layers by simply loading up to four devices on different MIDI tracks.
The controller device is a free download. Requires Max for Live.
More information: Protonica / Nord Lead 2X controller
Roland Kuit has announced Modular strategies in shaping reflections and space, a new e-Book on modular synthesis.
Concepts of space (re-)defined and shifted for modular synthesis
Reflections are positional essentials in creating space. How space can be thought of as an indispensable element of music, and with the kinds of approaches that emerge when space is dealt with from the start producing a sound work.
Interactive Html/PDF e-Book. The Clavia NMG2 Demo soft synthesizer included.
The eBook costs 53 EUR.
More information: Roland Kuit / Modular strategies
Clavia has announced the release of a Nord Lead 4 sound bank by remix duo Freemasons.
The first bank to debut our brand new Nord Lead 4 Program Library comes from the UK club duo Freemasons, and boy are we proud to be giving away these brilliantly crafted sounds!
Their sounds range from raging thick distorted pads and leads to Lush FM pianos and killer bass sounds. The Performance sounds are rich in texture and have plenty of goodies assigned to the Impulse Morph buttons too.
The Freemason bank consists of 50 Performances and 99 Programs in total.
The bank is a free download at the Nord website.
More information: Nord Lead 4
Clavia has released version 2.0 of its Nord Beat app for iPad to version 2.0.
Nord Beat 2 is a 6-track CoreMIDI Step Sequencer for iPad and a perfect companion for the Nord Drum 2 Modeling Percussion Synthesizer.
It can also be used with any external MIDI drum module, synth or sampler (or even other iPads app via Virtual MIDI).
Changes in Nord Beat 2.0
- Step sequencer expanded to support 6 tracks.
- Added Flam, 32th and 32 triplet modifiers for individual steps.
- New MIDI settings menu with flexible MIDI output routings.
- Send and receive MIDI Clock Sync.
- Added the option to save a Program Change together with a program.
The Nord Beat app is available as a free download from the iTunes App Store.
More information: Clavia / Nord Beat
Roland Kuit has announced To be ON to be OFF- that’s the SWITCH, an interactive electronic book that covers all you can do with switches in modular synthesis.
From a two switch interfaced instrument to creating high-end sequencers. Pattern design, logic 3-bits words chopping to logic waveshaping. Audio processing and more…
The ebook is available to purchase for 30 EUR. Includes the Clavia NMG2 Demo soft synthesizer.
More information: Roland Kuit / To be ON to be OFF
Patchpool has announced the release of Cosmic, a soundset for the Padshop Pro synthesizer instrument by Steinberg.
Cosmic for Padshop Pro focusses on rich cinematic pads, drones, soundscape, bells, synths and cosmic sound effects mainly derived from electronic sources like Hardware and Software synths and more experimental audio applications like Metasynth and Cosmosƒ, a fascinating program which I discovered recently. These sounds are very usable for genres like Ambient – New Age – Soundtrack and Electronica.
Cosmic contains 82 patches making use of 123 original samples produced in 48 Khz / 24 Bit, with a total sze of 1.59 Gigabyte. All patches have the Modwheel assigned, many use Aftertouch and Velocity to control numerous parameters for deep interaction with the sounds.
Cosmic for Padshop Pro features
- 82 patches in 6 categories:
- Cosmic Bells (8)
- Cosmic Noises (12)
- Cosmic Pads (17)
- Cosmic Scapes (27)
- Cosmic Sequences (9)
- Cosmic Synths (9)
- Sampled Hardware synths: Clavia Nordlead, Roland D 50, Korg Z1.
The soundset costs 28 EUR.
More information: Patchpool / Cosmic
Roland Kuit has announced the availability of the Laboratory of Patching—The Omnibus Version, a bundle of interactive books on patching modular synthesizers.
Laboratory of Patching combines the upgraded and extended interactive eBooks SoundLab I and SoundLab II bundled as one Big Modular Knowledge Lab with over 1700 patches.
Equal parts tutorial, demonstration and resource in modular synthesis, sound design and composition.
Laboratory of Patching features
- Learn how to use the modules and connections to quickly build robust patches, and get comfortable with high-level patching.
- Learn through examples that illuminate today’s best modular styles and program design techniques.
- Understand the “rationale behind the rules”: why modular synthesis works as it does.
- Use the extensive cross-references to help you connect related concepts and insights.
- Benefit from up-to-date learning aids that emphasize key points, help you to avoid pitfalls, promote good practices, and reinforce what you’ve learned.
Laboratory of Patching is available to purchase for 210 EUR. SoundLab I and/or SoundLab II users can get 15% discount; College & University students get 10% discount.
More information: Roland Kuit