Modartt has announced the release of the Neupert Clavichord add-on for its Pianoteq virtual piano instrument.
As a Christmas gift to all our customers, we hereby announce a Neupert Clavichord, based on a “Modell Philipp Emanuel Bach”.
The clavichord, invented in the early 14th Century, is a predecessor to the piano and to the more recent clavinet. It is a popular instrument for playing music from the Renaissance and Baroque period but can in fact also be heard in modern music such as in recordings by Oscar Peterson, Keith Jarrett, Tori Amos and The Beatles.
The Neupert Clavichord is a free download for Pianoteq users.
More information: Pianoteq / Neupert Clavichord
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Feb 16, 2011
SampleTekk has announced an Acoustic Piano Sale, a time limited offer on its acoustic piano sample libraries.
SampleTekk Acoustic Pianos
- 7CG – Seven Seas Grand, Yamaha C7 – Super detailed multisampled Grand Piano No less then 93 unique samples per recorded note.
- 7CG Jr, Yamaha C7 – A subset from the 7CG – The most detailed sampled Yamaha C7 (c) ever.
- Black Grand – Steinway D – The magnificent Steinway D, recorded in a concerthall for the true concert grand experience.
- Harpsichord – The instrument was sampled in thirds, (C, D#, F# and A) in each octave.
- PMI Bosendorfer 290 – This Bösendorfer library provides the greatest possible control during the softest pianissimo, through crescendos to the reserves of power needed for the loudest fortissimo.
- PMI Clavichords – This library brings you a small and a larger Clavichord. The clavichords have been sampled with their release sounds, giving them an unbelievable realistic quality.
- PMI Estonia – Estonia Concert Grand piano is a multi-velocity level chromatically sampled piano of the highest realism!
- PMI Forte E – A new 24 bit sampled Fortepiano with 3 velocity layers, sustain and modulator patches.
- PMI Historic Keyboards – A collection of historic instruments: 2 harpsichords, a virginal and a fortepiano for GigaStudio and compatible samplers.
- PMI Hybrid – Modular: Design Your Own Piano. The Hybrid Pianos are unlike any other piano library available today.
- PMI Old Lady – The final 24 bit grand piano library! This library brings you an amazing Model 1923 Steinway D grand piano.
- PMI Steinway D – We recorded the best grand piano we could find. This particular instrument is in premium condition, a Steinway model D3 with serial number 393210 which was built in 1965.
- PMI The Emperor – The final 24 bit grand piano library!!! EMPEROR: This library brings you an incredible Bösendorfer 290 SE as the most realistic sample library available today.
- PMI Yamaha C7 – PMI Yamaha C7 concervatory grand. Pop piano! Up to 16 levels of velocity, recorded at 96kHz/24 bits.
- Rain Piano – A serious Upright piano with character. Sometimes a Grand Piano is simply too much or lacks personality. Rain Piano is professionally setup to add character while staying in tune with your other instruments.
- SG88 Mk II – Studio Grand 88 – A large sample instrument that provides extra responsive velocity layering smooth transition from softest to loudest timbres.
- Steiny D – Steinway D – Based on the same samples as the award winning Black Grand. Sampleset contains more then 1000 individual samples.
- Steiny D Close! – Steinway D – Based on the samples recorded during the Black Grand session.
- TSO Yamaha C7 – The TSO is the stripped down, slicker, smaller version of TBO. Same timbre, same great sound, but a more economic, no fat version that can be useful when you need to work on a smaller budget. Still, it’s a big one!
- Vertikal Jazz / Pop – The Vertikal is a upright piano recorded and designed to do the job when you need that little extra “umpf” in your songs.
- WG Jr – Based on the same samples as the famous White Grand we have managed to make a smaller version that has the sound and playability that makes the White Grand so grand – in short: a little brother with a lot of attitude!!!!
- White Grand – SampleTekks White Grand – The Ultimate Studio Grand Piano.
- White Sister – The White Grand by SampleTekk is by many musicians and composers believed to be the finest contemporary studio rock/pop/jazz Grand Piano.
The SampleTekk acoustic piano libraries are available at 25% discount until February 18th, 2011.
More information: SampleTekk
Prime Loops has released Smooth Keys, a sample library featuring electric piano loops.
Spanning the full range of rhodes, wurlitzers and clavichords, this pack brings hybrid electro-mechanical warmth to your studio and ensures the maximum organic power for your digital compositions.
Whether you want to beef up your productions with some tasty soul flavours inspired by the likes of Herbie Hancock or Stevie Wonder or if you just want to enhance your compositions with some contemporary pop coolness (think John Legend, John Mayer or James Morrison), Prime Loops’ “Smooth Keys” delivers you all the right ingredients to keep it real!
Smooth Keys features
- Inspired collection of over 140 E-Piano Loops, Licks, Patterns & Progressions between 64 and 120Bpm, suitable for R&B, Pop, Hip Hop and many other genres.
- 100% royalty-free and pre-formatted for Acid WAV and Apple Loops (24bit).
Smooth Keys is currently available to purchase as a download for £8.98 GBP (regular price £17.95 GBP).
More information: Prime Loops / Smooth Keys
Wavelore has announced the release of Clavichord, a deeply sampled and programmed virtual clavichord for Kontakt.
This rare and beautiful keyboard instrument was a favorite of renaissance and barouque composers, as well as a popular practice instrument for organists (it’s extremely quiet!), though it fell into relative obscurity starting around the early nineteenth century. In the twentieth century, it’s best known, perhaps, in the form of its electronic offspring, the Hohner Clavinet, which we all know to be one the funkyiest sounding instruments on record. See Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition” for a well known example.
The clavichord is often referred to as the most intimate of keyboard instruments, mostly due to the fact that the player’s fingers are more directly in contact with the strings; The most unique aspect of its construction is that it allows the player to rock his or her finger on a key, producing a vibrato effect, or “bebung”…poly aftertouch well before its time!
The Wavelore clavichord faithfully reproduces all the defining and unique capabilites of its acoustic namesake, while also adding certain capabilities.
- 6 velocity layers, with 8-way polyphonic (true) round robin programming for all notes and release samples, allowing convincing performance of any passage…trills are especially fun.
- Intimate malleable sound, close mic’ed samples and stereo impulse reponses for enhanced cabinet resonance.
- Characteristic release samples, accurately reflecting tangent buzz – adjustable in volume with carefully programmed decay-matching (so release samples don’t “pop”).
- Configurable Keynoise samples for all notes, including a wide array of control options for performance detection. Of course, you can also just shut ‘em off!
- A dozen temperaments suitable for modern and period music: Equal, Pythagorean, and a variety of meantone and circulating temperaments.
- Optional octave/unison string coupling with fine de-tuning control over each string of each key. This feature also allows the use and adjustment of “tangent slope”, or the tendency of either member of a string pair to sound later than the other, based on the angle or “slope” of the tangent’s edge. Together these controls can greatly enrich the instrument’s sound, or even be used to simulate an instrument in varying stages of disrepair!
- Ability to apply vibrato to only the last note played using an assignable MIDI controller, and including optional randomization of vibrato width and speed for a more “human” effect than typical LFO-based vibratos. Also includes an optional multiscript that allows the use of polyphonic aftertouch for true “bebung” technique.
- “Electric” or “Acoustic” mode: Apply a variety of cabinet or amp resonances, as well as optional, keyswitchable wah, distortion, compression, and reverb.
- MIDI Learn mode for all assignable controls.
- A feature-rich, dynamic performance view with nine pages of clearly organized and intuitive controls for tweaking the instrument to your taste and style.
- Carefully chosen factory settings to allow unsurpassed out-of-the-box playability.
- A detailed 22-page user guide .pdf including a quick start guide and detailed info on operation.
The Wavelore Clavichord is available to purchase in the Wavelore Group Buy for $89.99 USD (maximum group buy 50% discount already reached) until June 15, 2010. A free one-octave demo version is available to download from the product page.
More information: Wavelore / Clavichord