Clone Ensemble has released Bass Phaser, a freeware phaser DirectX / VST plug-in effect designed especially for bass.
Bass Phaser can separates the bass and treble frequencies, where you set the cutoff frequency. The effect is only applied to the treble portion, which is then mixed back with the bass for output.
Check Clone Ensemble for more information and a link to download Bass Phaser.
Clone Ensemble has released Steroid Bouncer.
If you have ever needed to deal with audio samples of two mono tracks stored as stereo data, you will be familiar with the bother of having to split the stereo track into two mono tracks, and process each separately.
Steroid Bouncer makes this task way simpler – it provides independent control for each channel of level, pan, EQ and a smooth overdrive.
The controls are split into two groups, to process the left and right channel of the input “stereo” data stream.
- The Gain control gives you level adjustment, the minimum setting actually mutes the channel.
- The Pan control lets you pan each channel independently, you also could use this on a normal stereo track to reducethe stereo separation.
- The Invert control lets invert the phase or polarity of each channel independently.
- Four EQ knobs for each channel: Bass, Mid Freq, Mids and Treble. These give you some basic EQ to adjust the tone of each channel.
Finally the Drive knobs lets you add a smooth distortion to each channel. Steroid Bouncer uses a soft clipping algorithm called the sigmoid function. This produces the classic overdriven sound, but does not totally destroy the sonic detail of the incoming signal. In fact, at certain settings it has a distinct compressed character.
Steroid Bouncer’s signal path does not follow the order suggested by the controls. The controls are layed out so that the ones you’d need to use most are all together on the left. The actual signal path is as follows:
Polarity flip (if selected)
- EQ (if any – it can be bypassed)
- Overdrive (if any – it can be bypassed)
- Gain adjust
- Panning control
Steroid Bouncer is available in DirectX and VST (Windows) versions.
Visit Clone Ensemble for more information.