The Loop Loft has released Funk Meets Fusion and Thick & Meaty, two new multitrack drum sessions.
What would it sound like if legendary funk drummer, Clyde Stubblefield (James Brown) joined a legendary fusion band like Weather Report, and they only performed in dance clubs where the tempo was regulated to 128 bpm? Well, we’re not sure if such a bizarre/awesome union like this would ever occur, but if it did, the drums would probably sound a lot like our latest multitrack release, “Funk Meets Fusion”.
Just like the name implies, the Thick and Meaty Multitrack Sessions are loaded with drums that give you plenty to chew on… and more. Using one of our beloved birch studio kits, we slapped on some extra-punchy Remo Pinstripe heads and pulled out our ultra-aggressive brass snare drum, all to give you a sound that is fat, juicy and totally in your face. Along with all of the individual drum tracks, we also captured the room sound on a separate channel, putting an even bigger (and natural) sound at your disposal. Just adjust the faders and mix to taste!
The Funk Meets Fusion and Thick & Meaty sample libraries are available to purchase for $15 USD each.
More information: The Loop Loft
IMSTA FESTA comes back to New York for the second year running after a very successful inaugural event in 2010. This year’s focus will be on The Future of Music Technology showcasing what’s hot and what’s next for music makers around the world.
IMSTA FESTA brings a collection of the top audio technology companies together in an environment where they can interact with music makers face-to-face. Anyone who makes music will benefit from this event in a number of ways.
IMSTA FESTA is a FREE event. Doors open at 11:00AM and we go until 7:00PM. Open to anyone interested in the art of music making; professionals, semi-Pros, hobbyists and students. All visitors must register on-line www.imsta.org. Early registration is recommended.
Lots of new highlights to come for 2011!
2010 EVENT highlights
- All the top music technology companies gathered in a hands-on environment. MORE THIS YEAR!
- Attendees packed in for the Shocklee Innertainment Panel Series hosted by Shocklee Entertainment. These panels included industry heavy weights that coached visitors on how to get the most out of their music. BACK FOR 2011!
- Visitors were encouraged to enter Akon’s Hitlab Song Competition for a chance to perform in front of Akon and win a record label contract. The first, second and third place winners also received software prize packages from world-class music software companies.
- Just for attending, visitors received $100 of FREE software courtesy of IK Multimedia.
- Finally, Mr. Clyde Stubblefield, the ‘funky drummer’ from James Brown’s band of the 60’s and 70’s made his first New York appearance in ages and blow the audience away!
IMSTA FESTA takes place 11:00 am – 7:00 pm, Saturday September 24, 2011, at the SAE Institute in New York.
More information: IMSTA
Toontrack Music has announced the Funkmasters EZX, a unique and exclusive recording of two of the most important drummers in popular music. Clyde Stubblefield and John “Jab’o” Starks.
On their own or in tandem, Starks and Stubblefield were the principal drummers for the Godfather of Soul and Funk, Mr. James Brown. Fans and critics alike cite their collective era in Brown’s band as the pinnacle of Funk. Their combined drumming on the classic double-album “Sex Machine” is some of the most innovative, inspired and funky playing ever recorded.
Funkmasters EZX features
- Two kit interfaces, one for Clyde and one for Jab’o.
- Effects sliders in the EZmixer, a Vinyl effect created with the use of iZotopes Vinyl plug-in and a large Plate reverb resampled at Toontrack® Music Studios, Umea, delivering all that you need to create those real sounding Funk tracks.
The Funkmasters EZX will be available through Toontrack Music distributors and retailers at the end of November.
Visit Toontrack Music for more information, mp3 demos and a video interview with the Funkmasters.