Cockos has released version 3.3 of Reaper, a digital audio workstation software for Windows and Mac.
REAPER is a digital audio workstation: a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment.
Changes in Reaper v3.3
- Action: write current value on envelopes from edit cursors to start/end of project
- Action: unarm all envelopes
- Action: write current value to time selection on all armed, write-enabled envelopes
- Automation: improved write mode (no read when stopped/seeking)
- Automation: improved latch mode for mute envelopes
- Automation: smoother redraws when moving envelope trim slider
- Automation: copy/cut/paste items with envelopes obeys preference to add points at item edges
- Automation: if first envelope point is moved, no longer draw nonexistent first point
- FX add dialog: added optional VST physical directory path folders, with right click options
- FX add dialog: resizable panes
- Loop sections: fixed loop length rounding bug
- Menus: fixed edit menu take list, improved support for take list in customized menus
- MIDI editor: docker tab updates correctly
- MIDI editor: fixed toolbar issue when reusing existing MIDI editors
- Mixer: reduced flicker on Windows when modifying sends, etc
- OSX: right clicking track volume fader properly sets focus on volume field
- Solo in front: better support for routed solos
- Track I/O button now shows themable highlight for sends, receives
- Pitch shifting: added safety mutex for initialization of some pitch shifters
- Preferences: consolidated DX, ReWire, JS preference settings into one pane
- ReaVerb: better CPU distribution in ZL mode
- ReaVerb: improved quality when switching between mono/stereo/silent content
- Scrollbars: prevent invalid draws with overlapping windows
- Undo: improved tracking when tracks are auto-named via media explorer import
- VST: fixed issues with undo state saving on parameter edit on non-chunked plugins
- Wave64: fixed writing of W64 files that do not have BWF chunks
- Windows: fixed some redraw issues on tab+listview (ReWire tabs, screensets, etc)
- Windows x64: fixed support for rx2 with unicode filenames
More information: Reaper
Cockos has released version 3.2 of Reaper, a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment.
Changes in Reaper v3.2
- Actions: FX last touched parameter: show TCP knob, envelope, param mod, MIDI learn, or alias.
- Autoload last project: does not load last project if it crashed on last load.
- Envelopes: fixed random crash when adding many points via pencil mode.
- FX: tempo-synced plugins account for project play rate.
- FX: Undo/redo on floating FX windows no longer restores window position.
- Item edge editing: update edge edit/timestretch cursor while editing.
- Screensets: save/restore extended mixer details with track views.
- MIDI editor: restore secondary sources on multiproject switches.
- Misc: fixed erratic ntdll crash when scrolling the arrange view.
- Missing media prompt: search button.
- ReaComp: smooth changes in wet/dry, automakeup gain.
- ReaDelay: smooth changes in tap volume/pan, wet/dry.
- ReaEQ: smooth frequency, gain, bandwidth changes (sweepable filters).
- ReaPlugs: denormal management improvements.
- ReaXcomp: smooth changes in gain, band frequency/threshold/ratio/gain.
- ReaXcomp: fancier ratio indicator.
- ReaVerb: OSX deconvolution support.
- ReaXcomp/ReaComp: RMS optimizations.
- ReaScript: GetSetChunkState chunk length limit increased to 1MB.
- ReaScript: added GetUserFileNameForRead.
- OSX: better CoreAudio samplerate setting (should not override bit depth, too).
- OSX: huge performance improvements (denormal management, alignment fixes).
- Save as: separate trim/convert options.
- Scrub: avoid runaway scrub when using arrow key navigation.
- Tab to transient: stop at media item start when tabbing backwards through transients.
- Tweaks to missing filename resolving (always resolve relative filenames to full).
- VST/AU: record automation from closed plugins that have internal MIDI control.
- Windows: added readahead buffer for live CD playback in Media Explorer.
Reaper is available to purchase for PC and Mac for $60 USD (discounted license) / $225 USD (full commercial license). A complete and uncrippled evaluation version Reaper can be downloaded from the website.
More information: Reaper
Cockos has released version 3.14 of Reaper, a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Reaper v3.14
- Action: show/hide all floating windows
- API: added functions for sending commands to the active MIDI editor window
- API: added register(“command_id_lookup”) to find extension actions
- API: added functions to retrieve track/take envelopes
- API: added MIDI_eventlist_Create, MIDI_eventlist_Destroy
- API: added GetSetTrackState, GetSetItemState, GetSetEnvelopeState
- API: fixed extension shortcut problem
- Automation: fixed action to set envelope lane fader from MIDI controller
- Automation: more consistent behavior for new envelopes picking up the fader value in non-trim mode
- Auto-crossfades: fix for some crossfades not being reset when moving multiple items across tracks
- Batch converter: new facility to convert media in bulk, optionally applying FX
- Custom menus: main MIDI menus can be customized, other improvements
- Custom menus: import/export/reset individual menus along with entire sets
- Custom toolbar: support adding extension actions to toolbar
- DX: fix for synths dropping the first MIDI note
- Live performance: FX multiprocessing optimization
- Media item resampling/pitch shift modes: not switched when switching projects
- MIDI editor: Fixed adding text/sysex events not extending source length when past end
- OSX: fixed issues with mouse focus in TCP
- OSX: nicer disk image
- OSX: various menu improvements/fixes
- OSX: preliminary video support
- OSX: alternate VST cache/path config for PPC vs Intel
- Peaks: fixed recording peaks interpolation accuracy and corner-case crash when recording
- Prefs/Media/MIDI: Improved behavior when all-notes-off when un-record-arming a track disabled
- Project/template file save: better detection and handling of failed disk writes
- ReaSamplomatic5000: Configurable per-instance resample mode
- Render queue: resizeable
- Track height: default for new projects can be set via File/Proj Settings/Save as default or Prefs/Projects/Default
- Track renaming: better support for tabbing through tracks when envelope panels visible
- Video: improved scrubbing support
- Video: handling of multiple items improved (later items, higher track numbers prioritized)
- Windows: Fixed font used in some dialogs for ClearType (OGG rendering, etc)
More information: Reaper
Cockos has released version 3.13 of Reaper, a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Reaper v3.13
- Action: insert multiple tracks.
- API: added functions: AddProjectMarker, DeleteProjectMarker.
- Automation: new volume/pan envelopes display the current track fader value.
- Crossfades: fixed auto-crossfade when control+drag copying items.
- FLAC: fixed multichannel read support.
- FX chains: automatically increase track channel count when loading FX chains that use more channels.
- Glue: special fade handling when gluing multiple items starting or ending at the same time.
- Mixer: consistent scroll behavior regardless of number of tracks, autoscroll to newly added tracks.
- Master: no reset of master mono/stereo setting after automatically muting on overload.
- Media items: button to display item properties, by default shown only when the item is resampled.
- Media explorer: configurable default-handling of project files, better context menus.
- Media explorer: filter fixes.
- Menus: most commonly used menus can be customized (add/remove actions, submenus, rename menu items).
- Menus: menu customizations can be imported/exported to file.
- MIDI editor: user preference to flash keyboard notes on track input note-on.
- MIDI editor: setting to snap note ends to grid when snap enabled.
- MIDI editor: fixed snapping bug when following project beats and grid is 1/4 note triplets.
- MIDI editor: better keyboard handling in text fields.
- Mousewheel: fixed control+mousewheel for fine slider moves in parameter modulation and send windows.
- Mute/solo: setting via right-click follows selection/grouping unless overridden with shift key.
- OSX: preliminary media explorer.
- OSX: fixes for file browse dialog with certain paths.
- OSX: vast keyboard system fixes and improvements.
- OSX: fixed main window actions working in undocked transports.
- OSX: disk reading does not use F_NOCACHE on remote file systems.
- OSX: virtual MIDI keyboard fixes.
- OSX: fixes to mixer autoscrolling.
- OSX: midi list editor supports in-list editing.
- OSX: fixed visual glitch with docker.
- Peak building: optimizations (50-150% faster on .wav files in our tests).
- Peaks: when using alternate peak path, put peaks in numbered subdirectories for better performance.
- Peaks: low quality preview peaks during building are now are more consistent with finished peaks.
- Peaks: aborted peak generation removes partial (invalid) peak files.
- Project load: replacing files with different types will scan for the same file type for other missing files.
- Project/template load: current working directory defaults to project/template path.
- ReaScript: added GetTrackState, expanded html help, set undo point after script executes.
- ReaScript: capture Python compile-time and run-time error messages for display.
- ReaScript: fixed get/set of integer-type track, item, or take parameters.
- Take names: automatically focus take name field when displaying item properties.
- TCP: Drag and drop routing now autoscrolls.
- TCP/Mixer: autoscroll to tracks selected via action or control surface.
- Track icons: optionally set all tracks to the same width when any track icons are used.
- Undo system: greatly reduced memory use when loading undo history from file.
- VST: fix for bridged/firewalled plug-ins with track controls visible.
- VST: added MIDI output mode to merge output with input (for groove players, arpeggiators, etc.).
- VST extensions: support for effString2Parameter (mostly for readable manual editing of envelope points).
- VST MIDI: fixed hanging note bug from synthedit and possibly other plugins that generate MIDI.
- Windows: drag and drop of files out of REAPER now better supports unicode characters.
- Windows: try to prevent bad plugins from quitting REAPER.
- x64: ReWire support (master/mixer only).
More information: Reaper
Cockos has released version 3.12 of Reaper, a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Reaper v3.12
- Automation lanes: fixed possible crash when removing FX parameter envelopes.
- CD burning: fixes to native XP mode track divisions.
- Extensions API: GetSetMediaItemInfo() fixes for fade shape settings.
- Fade drawing: when using full-area filling, fixed drawing when zoomed in.
- FX: per-FX buggy plugin compatibility mode (assumes plugin is not threadsafe, needs constant precleaned buffers, etc.).
- Hardware outputs: post-fader track outputs obey track polarity control.
- MIDI editor: show notes pressed as long as the input note is pressed.
- OSX: improved drag/drop support.
- OSX: support for control+alt+drag to render to new file (drag to desktop, finder, sampler, etc.).
- OSX: CD burning support.
- OSX: REX support.
- OSX: special casing for POD Farm VST misreporting view type (VST 2.4 should be composited view).
- OSX: fix for some AUs that do not export automatable parameters until after audio streams are initialized.
- OSX: added correct file locking to prevent writing files open for read.
- Pencil mode: fixed fade/autofade settings for newly drawn media items.
- ReaControlMIDI: support for raw mode (0-127 access to all CC messages).
- ReaControlMIDI: envelopes and TCP knobs report the same value as the slider (0-127, 0-16383, or on/off).
- ReaControlMIDI: support for storing/sending sysex dumps up to 64KB.
- ReaScript: run Python or Perl scripts that call Reaper API functions.
- ReaScript: assign reascripts to key commands or toolbar buttons.
- VST bridging: optimized plug-ins that call for tempo information.
- VST bridging/firewalling: per plug-in option to embed UI (not as compatible, less crash-resilient).
- VST: safer querying of text strings from certain plug-ins.
- Win32: async file reading now has more grace on error.
- Win32: file locking improvements (no longer allow writing to media files that are open and online in REAPER, etc.).
- x64: VST bridging performance improvements, ReaRoute performance improvements.
- x64: will now use same config path as x86 (unless appdata/REAPER64 is valid).
- x64: REX support (via bridging).
- x64: fix for certain (broken) ASIO drivers.
A commercial license for Reaper is available for purchase for $225 USD.
For personal use, commerical use with a yearly gross revenue of less than $20k USD, and educational or non-profit organizations there is a $60 USD discounted license available.
A complete and uncrippled evaluation version Reaper can be downloaded from the website.
More information: Reaper