Fabrizio Poce has released version 2.0 of J74 Progressive, a Max for Live tool set for chord progression making and harmonic editing.
The new version provides new functionality for chord progression editing, MIDI clip editing (humanize velocity and timing) and for detecting musical information in audio material (notes, chords, scales).
Changes in Progressive v2.0
- Techniques for borrowed chords and accidentals.
- Additional control for chord inversion.
- Additional control to arpeggio settings (note can be omitted).
- Swing, groove and velocity dynamics.
- A new device, the “Audio Analyzer”, which processes audio input in real time visualizing notes and extracting chord and scale information.
Progressive is available for purchase for $12 USD.
More information: J74 / Progressive
Feelyoursound has announced that its Sundog Scale Studio is now available for Mac OS X.
The standalone software connects to other DAWs and hardware instruments via MIDI and sends note commands to trigger chords and melodies.
The main focus of Sundog lies on writing harmonic EDM songs from scratch without having to worry about music theory.
Sundog Scale Studio features
- Over 300 scales included.
- Create harmonic melodies and arpeggios easily.
- MIDI file export via drag and drop.
- Find all fitting chords for a given scale.
- Convert MIDI note input (white keys) to scale notes.
- Cure writer’s block by experimenting with new harmonies.
- Output: Standard MIDI note data.
- Input: MIDI notes, computer keys, mouse.
- Buy once, get updates forever – for all supported platforms.
Sundog for Windows and Mac costs $39 USD / 29 EUR.
To celebrate the release of Sundog for Mac, Feelyoursound is offering a 15% discount until Sunday July 13th, 2014.
More information: Feelyoursound / Sundog Scale Studio
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2014 - 0 comments
WaveDNA has released version 1.4 of its Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro, with community-requested features, improvements, and extended Ableton Live Max for Live support.
It’s been a long time! This release took its sweet time coming, but it’s packed with features and improvements.
For example, Liquid Rhythm 1.4 takes the concept of working with note clusters (a.k.a. “BeatForms”) many step further. You can now draw, paint, edit, and swap them around, directly in the Arranger. Making beats with the BeatForm Sequencer is fun, but direct Arranger-level editing is another great way to experiment and create variations.
Liquid Rhythm’s Max for Live plugin works wonders by editing clips directly in Ableton Live’s Session View. Our community wanted the power to edit Live clips with Liquid Rhythm directly in Ableton’s Arranger View as well. This update provides that capability.
Among the other improvements are: A brand new Sample Browser to incorporate your personal library of sounds into your productions, a Custom Instrument Type feature for the Max for Live patch, and an upgraded Clip Selector feature for the Ableton Live 9 Max for Live patch. More details of all the updates in version 1.4 are listed in the release notes below. Enjoy these and other fun and exciting updates to Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro.
(The majority of these updates were workflow enhancements requested by our community. Remember to email us or visit the forums to continue helping us shape Liquid Rhythm into a fun and powerful tool.)
Liquid Rhythm is available for $129 USD / $49 USD (Intro).
More information: WaveDNA
Re-Compose has released version 18.104.22.168 of its Liquid Notes intelligent songwriting assistant software.
Liquid Notes is a revolutionary standalone instrument and plug-in that combines a world-class composer, songwriting partner, arranger, electronic artist, producer, and live DJ, and a set of meticulously designed controls and functions—all in one package! Beyond breathtaking musical skill and analytical capabilities, Liquid Notes allows its users unlimited creativity and inspiration through its groundbreaking functionality.
Changes in Liquid Notes v22.214.171.124
- MIDI files can now be dragged out of Liquid Notes, dropped onto other programs, or saved to the file manager for a more comfortable workflow.
- The window Settings now features a link “Learn more” in the bottom left corner. Click on it to find information on each of the settings listed for the tab/window open.
- The MIDI Clock Sync feature is now turned “off” by default, and some bugs related to it have been fixed.
- Empty MIDI files will now report the error message “Invalid MIDI”, telling the user to check the MIDI file.
- The selector for the target scale of LN Live has been moved from the bottom right of the main window to Settings. In its place, the current scale is shown at all times now.
- We included some libraries with relevance for the Java RunTime installation on your system to operate correctly. This ensures that Java is installed correctly and that no components are missing.
- More little bits and pieces that we corrected along the way.
Liquid Notes is available for Windows and Mac, priced at 139 EUR. The Ableton Live version is 79 EUR. A limited time discount is available until June 15th, 2014. Use coupon LNGOAL14 at checkout.
More information: Re-Compose
Vienna Symphonic Library has announced the International Film Scoring Competition 2014, the first joint international film music competition in collaboration with Hollywood Music Workshop.
Participants are to submit a suite that is composed and orchestrated primarily for symphonic instruments, and played or programmed using Vienna Symphonic Library products.
Participants are invited to compose a suite, inspired by certain scenes from the movies “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” or “The Wolfman”. A jury of renowned Hollywood composers including Christopher Young, as well as industry pros such as Dennis Sands (Film Music Recording/Mixing/Re-Recording Mixer & Producer, four-time Oscar nominee), Paul Broucek (President, Music, Warner Bros. Pictures), Dimitrie Leivici (Hollywood Music Workshop) and Herb Tucmandl (Vienna Symphonic Library) will determine the best scores.
Awards include a $10,000 cash prize for the winner, plus additional prizes in the form of Vienna Symphonic Library products worth $4,000, as well as a scholarship for a future Hollywood Music Workshop.
The ten best submissions in addition to the top three entries will be presented at the HMW and VSL websites on October 15, 2014 and will be announced by cooperating media partners.
Registration closes on July 15th, and the last day to submit your mp3 file of the suite and project file is August 15th, 2014.
More information: VSL / International Film Scoring Competition 2014
MusicDevelopments hsa released version 2.6 of its RapidComposer rapid music prototyping software for Windows and Mac.
The latest major update includes dozens of improvements and bug fixes based on feedback and suggestions from RapidComposer users. Besides the workflow improvements, the OS X version became more solid and some new phrase generators and variations were added.
To celebrate the 4th anniversary of the first release, RapidComposer is available at a 30% discount in April.
More information: MusicDevelopments
feelyoursound has released version 1.10 of Sundog Scale Studio, a MIDI composition software for Windows.
Sundog can be used to create whole songs from scratch by supporting the composition workflow in a musical way:
- Choose a scale and a base note (e.g. E Minor).
- Find a chord progression by clicking chords buttons with your mouse.
- Create melodies, basslines, and arpeggios by binding rhythmic note patterns to either the active chords or the current scale.
The note output happens live via MIDI.
Changes in Sundog Scale Studio v1.10
- MIDI file export: Full song.
- MIDI file export: Current track.
- MIDI file export via drag and drop.
- Solo mode for tracks.
- New hotkeys: S = Solo, M = Mute.
- Chords view: Play most important chords via keyboard.
- Chords view: Change positions with arrow keys.
- Chords view: Trigger playback with space bar.
- Display note names in all rubberboxes.
- Update checker.
- Small bug fixes.
Sundog Scale Studio is available for Windows, priced at $39 USD / 29 EUR.
More information: feelyoursound / Sundog Scale Studio