PreSonus has announced it is shipping Progression 3, a major upgrade to its popular composing software for guitar, bass, and drums.
This new version makes it easier than ever to write your ideas quickly and includes an enhanced chord library, new effects from PreSonus Studio One®, a Capo feature, and many notation and publishing improvements. Progression and its sibling product Notion are the only composing and notation applications that let you create and edit with, and exchange files between, Mac, Windows, and iPad.
This is the first update since Progression joined the PreSonus family, and it shows. The user interface has been redesigned to more resemble Studio One and other PreSonus software, and Progression 3 adds PreSonus Native Effects™ Limiter, Compressor, and EQ plug-ins.
New in Progression 3
- PreSonus plug-ins: Includes three PreSonus Native Effects™ plug-ins from Studio One®: Limiter, Compressor, EQ.
- Notation and tab: Many notation and tablature improvements make Progression the fastest and easiest composition software on the planet, including new enharmonic spelling tool, cross-staff notation, layout improvements, and new shortcut sets. There’s a new Capo feature, too!.
- Chords: An enhanced chord library provides more library chords, user created chords, and Recent Chord Recall.
- Look and feel: The user interface has been redesigned to be more consistent with PreSonus’ award-winning Studio One DAW.
- International localization: Available in English (U.S. and UK), French, German, Japanese, and Latin American Spanish.
- Display: Mac Retina display and Windows 8 touchscreen optimization.
Progression 3 has an expected MAP/street price of $49 USD.
More information: PreSonus / Progression 3
Feelyoursound has released version 1.2.0 of Sundog Scale Studio, which features better chord progression support for the MIDI composition software for Windows and Mac.
Get rid of writer’s block once and for all. Experiment with new scales, harmonies, and melodies easily.
Use Sundog to play around with chords and basenotes like a breeze. Go from calm, smooth, chill out styles to energetic upbeat tunes in a matter of seconds. Promised.
Changes in Sundog Scale Studio v1.2.0
- Completely new Chords View.
- Create chord progressions with triads, four note chords, and powerchords.
- Better detection of roman numerals.
- Chord progression export as MIDI file – also via drag and drop.
- Trigger triads and four note chords with a MIDI keyboard or computer keyboard.
- New shortcuts for common tasks in the “Tools” menu:
- “Follow the chords on this channel”: The current instrument will play back the new chord instantly as soon as a chord change happens.
- “Follow the chord notes on this channel”: The current instrument will follow the chord progression by applying the current step sequencer pattern to the active chord notes (this is the same as setting the mode to “Chord Notes”, setting the pattern to “Off”, and recording the base note without any additional movements for one full take).
- “Fill channel with basic sequence”: This is the same as recording the base note without any additional movements for one full take. The current mode will be used.
- New instrument mode “Full Chords+”: The same as “Full Chords”, but with an additional note one octave below the chord root note.
- Working update checker.
Sundog Scale Studio for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $39 USD / 29 EUR.
More information: Feelyoursound / Sundog Scale Studio
Posted in news
on Aug 15, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has announced a Flash Friday Sale on Liquid Notes, the intelligent songwriting assistant software by Re-Compose.
Have a piece analyzed harmonically, at any stage of the composition process. And then rearrange it by substituting chords, altering their function, adding tension, building chord progressions, playing melody lines, improvising, and more. Altogether, this kind of sophisticated deep-level variation and diversification will definitely boost the effect of your music.
Liquid Notes features
- Multi-track control over chord types, functions, and tensions.
- Intelligent harmony progression management.
- LN Live corrects wrong notes as you are playing them.
- Growing selection of music templates in various styles.
- Plays through the software instruments of your preferred sequencer.
- Built-in synthesizers for sequencer-independent operation.
- Standalone application (stay independent from operating system and sequencer type): No VST, AU or RTAS required.
- Works on Windows and Mac OS X.
- Connects to any sequencer (Cubase, Logic, Live **, Pro Tools, Sonar, etc.).
- Supports live performance.
Liquid Notes for Windows and Mac is available from Plugin Boutique at a 60% discount until August 18th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Liquid Notes
Fabrizio Poce has released version 2.0 of J74 Progressive, a Max for Live tool set for chord progression making and harmonic editing.
The new version provides new functionality for chord progression editing, MIDI clip editing (humanize velocity and timing) and for detecting musical information in audio material (notes, chords, scales).
Changes in Progressive v2.0
- Techniques for borrowed chords and accidentals.
- Additional control for chord inversion.
- Additional control to arpeggio settings (note can be omitted).
- Swing, groove and velocity dynamics.
- A new device, the “Audio Analyzer”, which processes audio input in real time visualizing notes and extracting chord and scale information.
Progressive is available for purchase for $12 USD.
More information: J74 / Progressive
Feelyoursound has announced that its Sundog Scale Studio is now available for Mac OS X.
The standalone software connects to other DAWs and hardware instruments via MIDI and sends note commands to trigger chords and melodies.
The main focus of Sundog lies on writing harmonic EDM songs from scratch without having to worry about music theory.
Sundog Scale Studio features
- Over 300 scales included.
- Create harmonic melodies and arpeggios easily.
- MIDI file export via drag and drop.
- Find all fitting chords for a given scale.
- Convert MIDI note input (white keys) to scale notes.
- Cure writer’s block by experimenting with new harmonies.
- Output: Standard MIDI note data.
- Input: MIDI notes, computer keys, mouse.
- Buy once, get updates forever – for all supported platforms.
Sundog for Windows and Mac costs $39 USD / 29 EUR.
To celebrate the release of Sundog for Mac, Feelyoursound is offering a 15% discount until Sunday July 13th, 2014.
More information: Feelyoursound / Sundog Scale Studio
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2014 - 0 comments
WaveDNA has released version 1.4 of its Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro, with community-requested features, improvements, and extended Ableton Live Max for Live support.
It’s been a long time! This release took its sweet time coming, but it’s packed with features and improvements.
For example, Liquid Rhythm 1.4 takes the concept of working with note clusters (a.k.a. “BeatForms”) many step further. You can now draw, paint, edit, and swap them around, directly in the Arranger. Making beats with the BeatForm Sequencer is fun, but direct Arranger-level editing is another great way to experiment and create variations.
Liquid Rhythm’s Max for Live plugin works wonders by editing clips directly in Ableton Live’s Session View. Our community wanted the power to edit Live clips with Liquid Rhythm directly in Ableton’s Arranger View as well. This update provides that capability.
Among the other improvements are: A brand new Sample Browser to incorporate your personal library of sounds into your productions, a Custom Instrument Type feature for the Max for Live patch, and an upgraded Clip Selector feature for the Ableton Live 9 Max for Live patch. More details of all the updates in version 1.4 are listed in the release notes below. Enjoy these and other fun and exciting updates to Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro.
(The majority of these updates were workflow enhancements requested by our community. Remember to email us or visit the forums to continue helping us shape Liquid Rhythm into a fun and powerful tool.)
Liquid Rhythm is available for $129 USD / $49 USD (Intro).
More information: WaveDNA
Re-Compose has released version 184.108.40.206 of its Liquid Notes intelligent songwriting assistant software.
Liquid Notes is a revolutionary standalone instrument and plug-in that combines a world-class composer, songwriting partner, arranger, electronic artist, producer, and live DJ, and a set of meticulously designed controls and functions—all in one package! Beyond breathtaking musical skill and analytical capabilities, Liquid Notes allows its users unlimited creativity and inspiration through its groundbreaking functionality.
Changes in Liquid Notes v220.127.116.11
- MIDI files can now be dragged out of Liquid Notes, dropped onto other programs, or saved to the file manager for a more comfortable workflow.
- The window Settings now features a link “Learn more” in the bottom left corner. Click on it to find information on each of the settings listed for the tab/window open.
- The MIDI Clock Sync feature is now turned “off” by default, and some bugs related to it have been fixed.
- Empty MIDI files will now report the error message “Invalid MIDI”, telling the user to check the MIDI file.
- The selector for the target scale of LN Live has been moved from the bottom right of the main window to Settings. In its place, the current scale is shown at all times now.
- We included some libraries with relevance for the Java RunTime installation on your system to operate correctly. This ensures that Java is installed correctly and that no components are missing.
- More little bits and pieces that we corrected along the way.
Liquid Notes is available for Windows and Mac, priced at 139 EUR. The Ableton Live version is 79 EUR. A limited time discount is available until June 15th, 2014. Use coupon LNGOAL14 at checkout.
More information: Re-Compose