HoRNet Plug-Ins has released version 1.1.0 of Magnus, a brickwall limiter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Magnus is a 2 stages brick-wall limiter, its purpose is to make your tracks the loudest possible.
To achieve this the limiting process is divided in two steps: the first is a clipper, hard or soft, that let you cut away those small peaks that nobody is going to hear, the second is a limiter with a fixed threshold of -0.2dB.
Changes in Magnus v1.1.0
- New fast gain reduction meters with peak hold.
- Output level control.
- Gain readout on clipper and limiter knobs.
- Improved oversampling algorithm.
- Fixes for crashes on some hosts.
Magnus for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available for purchase for 19.99 EUR. The update is free for all the existing owners.
More information: HoRNet Plug-Ins / Magnus
Lively Audio has released version 2.0 of Maxwell Smart, a transparent true peak limiter / loudness maximizer with look-ahead.
In addition to previous versions, the new one introduces built-in ISP (inter-sample peak) detection equivalent to 4x oversampling (without any of the artifacts or heavy CPU load). It’s been tested by using true peak meters that comply with the latest ITU, EBU and ATSC recommendations for true peak detection.
There are also 3 modes for controlling the sound (smooth, normal and loud), and the GUI has been updated to look like it wasn’t designed 20 years ago.
Maxwell Smart features
- Transparent true peak limiter / loudness maximizer with look-ahead.
- Built-in ISP detection equivalent to 4x oversampling (without any of the artifacts).
- Compliant with the latest ITU, EBU and ATSC recommendations for true peak detection.
- Adjustable threshold and ceiling (-24dB … 0dB).
- 3 modes to control the sound: smooth, normal and loud.
- Compensated latency of 4ms.
- Support for all sample rates above 11.025kHz.
- Ideal for mastering, or as a drum bus limiter for example.
Maxwell Smart is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: Lively Audio / Maxwell Smart
Voxengo has released version 1.5 of its Deft Compressor audio track and bus compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The characteristic feature of this compressor is its ability to produce “slim” and “slick” sounding compression, with intelligibility enhancement effect. Such result is achieved by compressor’s timing function that closely resembles the S-curve on both attack and release stages.
Changes in Deft Compressor v1.5
- -6 dB/oct low-pass and high-pass filters added.
- Added VST3 support with side-chain.
Deft Compressor for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $69.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / Deft Compressor
Voxengo has announced version 2.9 of its Voxformer vocal channel strip effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
We are happy to inform you that Voxengo Voxformer version 2.9 update is now available for download.
Voxengo Voxformer is a multi-functional vocal channel strip plugin for professional audio production applications, available in AudioUnit, VST and VST3 plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.5 and later), and Windows computers.
Version 2.9 adds VST3 support and fixes compatibility with Adobe Premiere CS6 (mono and stereo processing only).
Voxformer is available for purchase for $69.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / Voxformer
Voxengo has released version 4.1 of Elephant, a mastering limiter plugin for professional audio and sound production applications.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools, including headroom estimation and K-metering. Elephant’s built-in linear-phase oversampling is an important element in achieving high-quality peak limiting and loudness maximization without inter-sample overshoots.
Changes in Elephant v4.1
- Extended the input gain range to +24 dB.
- Extended the output gain range to -15 dB.
- Made the “Eval” switch to not affect the output statistics.
- Extended the “Release Shape” range to 2, offers an extreme punch and “hardness”, via an idealized S-curve release shape.
- Added “EL-4 BRITE” factory limiter mode.
- Made the output signal level to never exceed 1 dB over the Out Gain setting.
- Improved the “EL-4″ algorithm reducing transient distortion and “boxiness”: the sound is more biting less woofing now.
- Improved oversampling filters reducing chances of overshoots.
Elephant for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $119.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / Elephant
Flux has released version 3 of Alchemist, a multiband dynamics effect plug-in for Windows and Mac, which now supports 32 and 64-bit in AU, VST and AAX Native formats for Mac OS X and Windows.
Be it a serious problem with the dynamics in a mix, a delicate mastering assignment, or a situation with complicated dynamics, Alchemist provides everything you need in order to accomplish.
Designed with professional mastering and re-mastering applications in mind, the intricate design, superior workflow, and sound perfection, makes Alchemist tailored for the high demands of today’s music and pro-audio industry.
Alchemist is available at a 50% introductory discount in celebration of the v3 release, priced at $399 USD (regular $799 USD). The v3 upgrade is free of charge for all current owners of an Alchemist licence or a bundle with an Alchemist licence.
More information: Flux / Alchemist
G-Sonique has announced Zener Limiter LM-2Z, a limiter effect plugin based on design and sound of hardware Zener diode analog limiters.
Limiter is device that removes unwanted peaks/overloads of signal and makes sound louder.
Comparing to classic digital brickwall limiters, Emulation of analog zener limiter offers more transparent, liquid and airy sound and significantly less distortion and unwanted artifacts!
While analog limiters are not 100% precise (they can pass some peaks and cause clipping of output signal) we added algorithm that do not allow passing any db of signal over level set by output knob. So this limiter combines best features of analog and precise digital limiters in one.
LM-2Z is ideal as mixing Limiter on individual channels.
The LM-2Z for Windows (VST) is available for the introductory price of 11.90 EUR (regular 19.90 EUR).
More information: G-Sonqiue / Zener Limiter LM-2Z