Flux has announced the release of version 3.0 of its Pure Series Dynamics Tools, comprising the Pure Compressor, Expander, DCompressor, and DExpander, which now all support 64-bit and AAX Native/DSP.
In addition, the following bundles are now also available in 64-bit and AAX: Elemental Pack, Pure Pack and Recording Pack, and can from now on be used on all major native platforms (AU/VST/AAX Native) in both 32- and 64-bit, as well as on the AVID HD-X AAX DSP platform with ProTools 11 in 64-bit.
For all current owners of any of these plug-ins, the upgrade to the v3 builds with 64-bit and AAX Native, is free of charge, all that’s needed is to download the v3 installers from the download page.
If you want to try any of the mentioned tools, go to the download page and request a trial licence (iLok or Flux:: dongle required)
The Pure Series plugins and bundles are now available to purchase at a 30% discount.
More information: Flux:: sound and picture development
Voxengo has announced the release of version 4 of Elephant, a mastering limiter effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plug-in for professional music production applications. The most remarkable feature of this signal limiter is its sonic transparency. Elephant brings sound limiting and loudness maximization without audible “pumping” sonic artifacts.
Changes in Elephant v4.0
- Added a new “EL-4″ limiter mode, with less harmonic coloration.
- Added a new “Dynamic Release Control” limiter stage.
- Added a new “Timing” limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new “Release to Attack Ratio” limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new “Release Shape” limiter mode parameter.
- Added input level meter together with the threshold mark.
- Implemented the “Eval” limiter’s evaluation mode.
- Added the “Trans View” transient visualization.
- Made the “In Gain” and “Out Gain” knob ranges more practical.
- Magnified the “Out Gain” knob’s scale around 0 dB.
- Made changes to the “Trans Time” parameter stutter-free.
- The output statistics are now automatically reset if any parameter that influences the output statistics was changed.
- Added “EL-4″, “COMPACT” and “EXPANDED” factory limiter modes.
Elephant for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99.95 USD until March 5th, 2014 (regular $119.95 USD). The upgrade from previous versions is $49.95 USD. A 180 day grace period upgrade is available free of charge.
More information: Voxengo / Elephant
Joey Sturgis Tones has launched Gain Reduction, a compressor effect plug-in that “puts Joey’s signature vocal production sound in the hands of the masses”.
Get the signature Joey Sturgis vocal sound as heard on albums from artists like Asking Alexandria, I See Stars, We Came As Romans, Of Mice & Men, Attack! Attack! from labels like Rise Records, Sumerian Records, and Fearless Records!
Gain Reduction is a vocal compressor plugin by producer Joey Sturgis. This plugin is intended for vocalists, musicians, engineers, mixers, and all audio production people alike! This compressor will instantly give you mix-ready sounding vocals with little to no effort, just insert the plugin on your track and you’re ready to go. Turn the knobs to tame or tighten your sound! Crank the gain to saturate and distort! Try it on drums and other instruments too.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX), priced at $35 USD.
More information: Joey Sturgis Tones / Gain Reduction
Sound Magic has released version 1.1 of its Neo DynaMaster stereo dual dynamics processor for Windows and Mac.
Neo DynaMaster is a full-featured, multi-purpose stereo dual dynamics processor utilising a unique custom designed metering system and modelling engine, providing emulations of many vintage units, e.g. SSL, Tube-Tech and so on.
Neo DynaMaster performs simultaneous compression and expansion allowing more complex dynamics response curves than common compressors and provides huge scope to engineer your final sound. Neo DynaMaster’s intuitive GUI allows you to precisely edit view the dynamics response curve which is essential if you want to take full control of your dynamic range.
Changes in Neo DynaMaster v1.1
- Improved Sound Quality. THD improved from 122.6dB to 122.9dB.
- Adjust Auto Release Algorithm.
- Changes several internal parametrics to support extension pack better.
- Adjust metering display.
- Many minor changes.
The plugin is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 99 EUR/$129 USD/£82 GBP.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo DynaMaster
MaxSynths has announced the release of DSP-3, a dynamics processor specifically designed to be used on the main bus.
The main purpose of DSP-3 is to increase the perceived loudness of the track and make the mix more compact without introducing any distortion or audible artifacts.
Unlike other compressors DSP-3 is incredibly simple and intuitive: thanks to the internal IDP (Intelligent Dynamic Processor) circuit all the key parameters, necessary to have an adequate compression, are set automatically.
DSP3 includes four different dynamics processing models, selectable via a XY crossfade pad, which allows to crossfade the signal processed by the different algorithms.
- Intelligent Dynamic Processor (IDP).
- Four different automatic dynamic processor models.
- Transparent increment of the perceived volume level.
- High precision input/output VU-meter.
- Easy to operate.
- Low CPU usage.
DSP-3 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 19.90 EUR.
More information: MaxSynths / DSP-3
Variety Of Sound has launched SlickHDR, a free “Psychoaccoustic Dynamic Processor” effect plug-in for Windows.
Technically speaking, SlickHDR contains a coupled network of three dynamic processors with two of them running in a “stateful saturation” configuration and one based on look-ahead processing.
Fixed amounts of the unprocessed signal are then injected into the network at several specific points and also mixed back into the networks output.
Being networked, all processors are highly interacting with each other and this is utilized to cope with a wide variety of sound (sic!) to balance the perceived audio dynamic range.
- Balances the perceived global vs. local micro dynamics of any incoming audio.
- Creates a rich in contrast, detailed and clearly perceived image which translates way better across different listening environments.
- Provides a convenient workflow by simply adjusting three dynamic processors to show a roughly same load.
- Offers further and detailed control about overall tone and release time behavior.
SlickHDR is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: Variety Of Sound / SlickHDR
Klanghelm Audio Plugins has released version 2.2 of its DC8C advanced compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
DC8C is one of the most flexible compressors around. While making a lot of different compression styles possible, it’s general nature may be described as: clear, smooth, open, distinct.
Changes in DC8C v2.2
- FIX: overs in LIMITER mode under some circumstances.
- CHANGE: feedback signal is grabbed before the output control now: so increasing output gain doesn’t lead to more gain reduction, when feedback is used for the detector (FB-MIX > 0 and EASY modes).
- CHANGE: updated feedback path to avoid “clickiness” at very short attack times and and heavy gain reduction.
- CHANGE: when using the mix control the dry mix signal is the unprocessed signal without input and output gain and without saturation.
- CHANGE: negative release PROG DEP is now possible in SMASH mode too making release times down to 2ms possible on extreme settings and high GR.
- FIX/CHANGE: attack PROG DEP is working as expected now, it’s been completely rewritten and detached from the release PROG DEP. So it’s easier to use both attack and release PROG DEP at the same time.
- CHANGE: internal timings of oversampled and non-oversampled operation are aligned now.
DC8C for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 20 EUR. The update is free for all existing users.
More information: Klanghelm / DC8C
Voxengo has released version 3.11 of Elephant, a mastering limiter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools, including headroom estimation and K-system metering.
Elephant’s built-in linear-phase oversampling is an important element in achieving high-quality peak limiting and loudness maximization.
Changes in Elephant v3.11
- Added “dBFS.30″ and “dBFS.15″ metering options.
- The “Bypass” switch now bypasses all processing stages completely, including the dithering stage.
- Fixed minor spectral error when switching oversampling from 8X to 4X or from 4X to 2X.
- Added VST3 support.
The Elephant plug-in (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $119.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / Elephant