Radium Audio has released the Radium Compressor, a compressor/expander effect plug-in with a unique user interace.
With the Radium Compressor, you spend less time listening and finetuning. The interface quickly makes you find the sound you want.
Radium Compressor features
- Top class audio quality.
- The DSP code is implemented by Julius O. Smith III. Julius O. Smith III is a professor in Music and EE at Stanford University, and he is one of the legends in audio research. The compressor is based on code Julius has written for Faust.
- Simple and intuitive GUI.
- Functional and clean graphics.
- Optimized CPU usage.
- Can also work as expander.
The effect plug-in is currently available for Windows (VST), priced at 20 EUR. Mac and Linux versions are expected soon.
More information: Radium Compressor
RealDigital has announced a relaunch of its website with a new series of equalizer, reverb, compressor, delay, fx, guitar, and player plugins.
RealDigital develops VST plugins & virtual instruments. They work on PC Workstations (Cubase, Nuendo, Reaper) or audio editors (Audacitiy, WaveLab, Soundforge).
These plugins are virtual efx, modules that can improve your recordings and help you on sound design. VSTs can also be used for radio production, live performances and DJ’ing. They have great quality. We have great design. Our prices are going to surprise you!
Plug-ins are available to purchase for Windows (VST), priced at 5 EUR each. A number of free plug-ins is available to registered users (registration free).
More information: RealDigital
vladg/sound has updated its Molot compressor effect plug-in to version 0.3.1 and Limiter №6 was updated to version 1.0.2.
“Molot”: the compressor with character.
Changes in Molot v0.3.1
- Output and editing of numeric parameter values. (Editing not implemented in 32-bit AU version).
- Fixed wrong mode in some presets.
- Fixed filter used in linear phase oversampling mode.
- Added “dithering off” option.
- Fixed working with VstToRTAS.
- Added AU version.
- Added support for 10 times attack time scaling.
- Changed limiter code (based on Limiter No6).
The Limiter №6 effect plugin features a RMS compressor, peak limiter, high-frequency limiter, clipper & true peak limiter.
Changes in Limiter No6 v1.0.2
- Less intensive animation (to save CPU cycles).
- Stereo-linked mode in peak-limiter was significantly improved.
- Numeric parameter values now editable (excluding 32-bit AU version).
- Modes I-III of peak limiter were slightly changed.
- AU version added.
Both plug-ins are available to download as freeware.
More information: vladg/sound
Universal Audio has announced the release of version 6.5 of its UAD Powered Plug-Ins software.
Software update version 6.5 introduces new Teletronix, API & Softube plug-ins.
The UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins platform offers the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins for Mac and PC. Powered by our popular DSP Accelerator hardware, UAD-2 plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
From rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines, UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins inject three-dimensional “out-of-the-box” analog sound to your in-the-box mixes.
New in UAD Powered Plug-Ins v6.5
- Teletronix® LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection plug-ins.
- API® 500 Series EQ Collection plug-ins.
- Softube® Vintage Amp Room plug-in.
- Softube® Bass Amp Room plug-in.
- Softube® Metal Amp Room plug-in.
- Full 64-bit architecture (Mac/Win).
- For additional UAD v6.5 software notes, click here.
More information: Universal Audio / UAD Powered Plug-Ins
LVC-Audio has released version 2.0 of ClipShifter, a clipping-style limiter effect plug-in for Windows.
ClipShifter uses a unique threshold control to change the clipping threshold dynamically based on the transient characteristics of the incoming audio. The sonic characteristics of the clipping distortion can be altered from hard, brickwall-style clipping, to softer saturation with compression. Additional parameters allow the user to control the even- and odd-order components of the saturation.
The paid version of ClipShifter adds oversampling (2, 4, and 8 times), and a 3-way multiband frequency control.
Changes in ClipShifter v2.0
- User Interface:
- Redesigned user interface.
- Optimized rendering.
- Adjustable waveform history viewer.
- Pause and reset button on waveform history.
- VU loudness output meter.
- Controls and processing:
- Attack and Release time changed from a linear curve to a logarithmic attack and release curve.
- Harmonics control: Add even-order harmonics control to output.
- Preset control: Export current preset to text, and import/load clipboard contents to plugin.
- Paid Features:
- Oversampling: Addition of 2, 4, and 8 times oversampling with corresponding upsampling and downsampling antialiasing filters.
- 3-way multiband frequency control: Configurable 3-way crossover (with frequency and gain controls), solo buttons for each band, and control for processing selected frequency bands through the clipping algorithm (Low, Low+Mid, Mid, Mid+High, High, and All).
ClipShifter for Windows (32/64bit VST) is available to download at no cost. The paid plugin (with oversampling and 3-way multiband frequency control) is $11.76 USD.
More information: LVC-Audio / ClipShifter
DMG Audio has updated the EQuality, Compassion, EQuick and PitchFunk effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Changes in DMG Audio plug-ins
- AAX-AudioSuite Enabled.
- Fix samplerate handling for VST3 in StudioOne.
- AAX enable click-thru – prevents first click from being absorbed when UI is opened.
- AAX Bypass mechanism reworked to match RTAS version.
- EQuick v1.04
- Fix mousewheel handling bug.
- Fix bug that could cause pops when automated.
- Added preference: Band-Q follows Zoom.
- Added preference: Configure right-click as Invert/Bypass/None.
- Tidy up automation handling.
- Improve mousewheel and autolisten.
- Added preference: Sticky selection, to retain selected bands, rather than allow dragging.
- Added preference: Control+Mousewheel behaviour (adjust gain/freq).
- Added preference: Larger EQ band dots.
- Reduce CPU usage when automated in Reaper.
- PitchFunk v1.04
- Fix “glitching” DSP bug.
- Fix delay times for samplerates other than 44k1.
- Compassion v1.08
The updated plug-ins are available to download at DMG Audio.
More information: DMG Audio