Quantum Clockwork/Continental Laboratories has released Instrumental, a wi-fi MIDI virtual control surface for iOS.
Use your iPad with your favorite MIDI software as a 4×4 Drum Pad, Wicki-Hayden Hex-Keyboard, or full-feedback mixing desk.
Like a USB piano keyboard, except all the controls have full feedback, text readouts and dynamic labels, and you’re not limited to just a piano layout. The Wicki-Hayden hexagonal layout is a great way to inspire your compositions.
- Modular control panels that can be swapped around quickly and easily.
- All controls can have labels and text readouts provided by the host, or edited on the fly.
- All controls have feedback from the host, so you know exactly where everything is set.
- Supports the QB Conductor Protocol for reliable low-latency MIDI over Wi-Fi. Conductor servers are available for both Mac and Windows.
- Supports the Apple Network MIDI Protocol, available on every Mac.
- Connect multiple iPads to the same computer; have your whole band playing through one computer.
- Musical layouts with customisable response curves.
- Much much more!
Instrumental for iOS is available to purchase for the introductory price of $24.99 USD until June 21, 2011.
More information: Instrumental