Contralogic has announced the release of Blarg, a synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows.
Blarg’s oscillators can be assigned one of six unique modes of sound generation.
Blarg is a 32-bit VSTi plugin for Windows. It is polyphonic, with up the three oscillators per voice producing a signal which can be altered by a number of modifiers: a formant filter bank, warp (a waveshaper), multimode filters and a limiter. The combined output of these can be further processed by a range of in-built effects.
The instrument features 4 envelopes and 4 low frequency oscillators, as well as a few other modulation sources, which can be assigned to dynamically alter most of the instrument’s controls.
The Blarg plug-in is available to purchase for the introductory price of $9.99 USD for a limited time (50% off regular).
More information: Contralogic / Blarg
Contralogic has released an updated version of Pterosaur, a free synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
Contralogic’s JP-8000 inspired Pterosaur synthesizer plug-in goes polyphonic.
Pterosaur is a 16 oscillator synth. It’s loosely inspired by the classic Supersaw sound of the Roland JP-8000 in that the output of each oscillator can be independently detuned and panned, creating a very rich sound.
The basic waveform produced by the oscillators is a sawtooth wave which can be morphed into a sort of saw/pulse hybrid with the mod control.
Changes in Pterosaur
- Polyphonic mode added.
- More LFO shapes.
- 3 additional oscillator waveforms (sine, triangle and square), all of which can be morphed in the same way as the sawtooth wave in the original version.
Pterosaur for Windows (VST) is available to download at no cost.
More information: Contralogic / Pterosaur
Contralogic has released RPS-1, a pattern sequencing VSTi plugin designed to facilitate the rapid creation of percussion sequences with random variations.
The operation is similar to a standard step sequencer, however in addition to a step being either on or off, a probability can be specified – which governs the chance that the sample will be triggered at that point in time. RPS-1 can also output MIDI data and can therefore be used to trigger another plugin or sampler etc.
- 8 sample slots, into which can be loaded one of 96 built-in sounds or a PCM WAVE file.
- Crush “bit-crusher” type of distortion effect.
- 2 pole state variable filter: low pass, high pass, band pass and band reject.
- Output to MIDI notes when samples are triggered
- Various parameters for probability/randomize and modulation.
- The full version includes RPS-1m, a multi-output version which has eight mono outputs instead of a single stereo output.
RPS-1 is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC for $19.95 USD. A demo version is available from the product page.
Visit Contralogic for more information.
Contralogic has released Value Synth, a simple freeware synth made with SynthEdit.
It was inspired by B3TA‘s Doctor When (Tesco Value Top Trumps Cards).
There are 8 parameters, but they’re not labeled so just fiddle around a bit to find out what each parameter does (hint, 8 seems to be the volume). The Quality Guaranteed button also does something…
You can download Value Synth here.
Contralogic Filterblips is a freeware VSTi plug-in that creates a noise, which is filtered by a highpass and lowpass filter in series.
The filters’ cutoff frequency is modulated by a LFO, whose rate and depth is controlled by the little joystick-type gadget (X-axis is rate, Y-axis is depth). There are 19 different waveforms to choose from.
Visit Contralogic for more information and a link to download Filterblips.
Contralogic has released Flange Mayhem, a freeware flange VST effect plug-in.
Flange Mayhem has two delay lines in parallel with parameters that are randomly changed at regular intervals.
- sample & hold, selects frequency that new random delay times and feedback levels are selected, based on the host’s tempo
- delay, max specifies the maximum random delay time, glide sets the time taken to change from the current delay time to the next
- feedback, max sets the maximum level of random feedback, damp controls the amount of damping applied to the delay lines’ feedback
- output, width controls stereo spread, limit provides soft limiting, mix to mix dry and wet signal and a volume control for the output
Visit Contralogic for more information and a link to download Flange Mayhem.