Contralogic has released Flange Mayhem, a freeware flange VST effect plug-in.
Flange Mayhem has two delay lines in parallel with parameters that are randomly changed at regular intervals.
- sample & hold, selects frequency that new random delay times and feedback levels are selected, based on the host’s tempo
- delay, max specifies the maximum random delay time, glide sets the time taken to change from the current delay time to the next
- feedback, max sets the maximum level of random feedback, damp controls the amount of damping applied to the delay lines’ feedback
- output, width controls stereo spread, limit provides soft limiting, mix to mix dry and wet signal and a volume control for the output
Visit Contralogic for more information and a link to download Flange Mayhem.
Contralogic has released a soundfont of a sampled Casio VL-Tone.
All 53 notes in the instrument’s range (G2 to B6) were individually sampled via the VL-Tone’s line output at 96kHz/24bit then down converted to 48kHz/16bit.
Visit Contralogic to download this free soundfont.
Contralogic has updated it’s Whistler VST instrument to version 2.0.
Whistler produces its sound by sending random noise through resonating bandpass filters. The notes you play control the filter’s cutoff freqency.
New in v2
- Overdrive-style distortion
- tempo-synced echo
- additional filtering options
- lo-fi “retro” noise mode
Visit Contralogic for more information and a link to download Whistler.
Feldspar is a virtual analog synthesizer (made with SynthEdit) featuring a range of tempo-based modulation options.
- 16 LFO waveforms
- Ring modulator with 18 algorithms
- Tempo-synced delay with high and low pass filters in the feedback path
- Drift function for controlling oscillator pitch instability
Feldspar costs $16.95 which also includes FeldsparFX, a VST effect plug-in based on Feldspar’s architecture. A demo version is available at Contralogic; it is fully functional except the output periodically drops to silence.