PreSonus has announced it is shipping the new Monitor Station V2, a major redesign of its popular desktop studio-monitor control center.
Monitor Station V2 enables easy desktop management of multiple audio sources and up to three sets of monitor speakers.
The new monitor controller provides a S/PDIF digital input and has a more ergonomic, intuitive layout than the original Monitor Station. Features include four stereo inputs-two pairs of balanced ¼” TRS and one pair of unbalanced RCA Aux inputs with gain control-managed with a source-select switch. A 1/8″ TRS unbalanced input is summed with the RCA Aux inputs. The S/PDIF stereo input supports 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz digital audio; a button switches between the Aux and S/PDIF inputs.
Three left/right pairs of balanced, ¼” TRS speaker outputs and a Speaker Select switch enable you to A/B compare your audio through up to three sets of reference monitors. A variable, rear-panel control enables fine-tuned calibration of speaker-output levels.
Outputs include left/right pair of balanced ¼” TRS Main outs, left and right balanced ¼” TRS Cue outputs with level control, and four ¼” TRS stereo headphone outputs, each with a Main/Cue source selector and individual output-level control.
Monitor Station V2′s built-in talkback microphone offers variable input gain and is activated with a Talk button. An eight-segment, three-color LED meter indicates left and right levels. Other features include a Dim button with variable attenuation level, Mono and Mute buttons, and an external DC power supply and rocker power switch.
The Monitor Station V2 is available for U.S. MAP/street price of $299 USD.
More information: PreSonus / Monitor Station
Arturia has announced the availability of SPARK 2, bringing a new look, new feel, and new features to its premier soundsculpting and performance drum machine software for Mac and Windows.
With the timely introduction of SPARK 2, Arturia has given its beat creation software a new look, new feel, and a whole host of new features fit to make it the premier sound-sculpting and performance drum machine on the market — all the more so when perfectly paired up with the award-winning SPARK Creative Drum Machine and SparkLE Creative Drum Machine controllers. It’s a match made in hybrid heaven that’s more flexible than ever before!
Changes in SPARK 2
- All new graphics:
- Tabbed pages.
- Expanded Pattern edit screen.
- New mixer.
- Enhanced Library page for better data management.
- Extended REX support:
- REX file playback per pad.
- Manipulation of REX File slices.
- Modular Drum synth editor:
- Create your own patches.
- Edit existing patches.
- Create custom instrument macro controls modules including:
- Multimode filters and Karplus strong filter.
- ADR envelopes.
- Bode Frequency Shifter.
- Spring mass.
- CV processor.
- Song mode:
- NEW 16 song segments.
- Song segment triggering from hardware.
SPARK 2 is available for the introductory price of 129 EUR/$129 USD between May 1st and June 30th, 2014 (regular 169 EUR/$189 USD). The SparkLE Creative Drum Machine controller (including SPARK 2) will be 199 EUR/$199 USD during this period (regular 249 EUR/$299 USD).
More information: Arturia / SPARK 2
Arturia has announced the availability of its BeatStep portable pad controller.
Chameleon-like in its many control options, BeatStep is designed to work with DAWs, loop triggering software, VST instruments or effects, MIDI hardware, or even CV/Gate-equipped analogue instruments like Arturia’s own award-winning MiniBrute Analog Synthesizer or other manufacturers’ models — vintage classics or more modern contemporaries alike.
Try triggering audio clips within powerful, flexible software environments such as Ableton Live or playing drum parts in conjunction with the likes of FXpansion BFD or Toontrack EZdrummer… it’s as easy as exercising your trigger fingers!
- MIDI controller Mode – RED LED MODE.
- Step Sequencer mode – BLUE LED MODE.
- 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads.
- 16 encoders.
- 16 MIDI Controller presets.
- 16 Sequence presets.
- Works with MIDI Control Center Editor.
- Internal and External clocking.
- CV outputs.
- USB I/O.
- MIDI output.
- iPAD compatibility (using camera connection kit).
- Transports can send MIDI CC or MMC.
- Kensington Lock.
- Standalone MIDI or CV operation when powered via standard USB power adaptor.
- USB Class compliant (no drivers).
BeatStep is available to purchase for 99 EUR/$129 USD (MSRP).
More information: Arturia / BeatStep
audiowerkstatt has announced the release of midi-restarter, a device for controlling your MIDI-slave gear.
The midi-restarter helps you to start or stop your MIDI-slave independent of your MIDI-master, but always in perfect synchronisation.
You push the buttom and the audiowerkstatt midi-restarter sends a MIDI-start/stop-message at the beginning of the next bar to ensure that all following MIDI-devices run in the correct timing.
The midi-restarter is available for purchase for 139 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: audiowerkstatt
HyperSynth has launched XEditor, a freeware editor for advanced controlling over the Xenophone synthesizer in your DAW.
XEditor offers remote access to all synth engine parameters via MIDI messages (CC and NRPN). The GUI design is based on the hardware layout while keeping all the controls in a single-window system. Most of the knobs are equipped with helpful readout. Using this tool you can edit mod matrix and sequencer without any hassle.
- Full control of the sound engine (212 parameters).
- Support automation for all parameters.
- Rename program remotely via sysex.
- Select programs and banks remotely.
- True readout for envelope and LFO rates.
- Sync to host option for master tempo.
- 128 empty presets.
- 3 Wheels: Pitch, Mod and Aftertouch.
- Run as standalone or VST plugin.
XEditor for Windows is freeware. The Xenophone synthesizer is expected to begin shipping in May-June 2014. It can be pre-ordered now (at 11% discount).
More information: HyperSynth / XEditor
Image-Line has updated its Remote controller app to version 1.2.
IL Remote is available FREE for Android and iOS tablets or phones. It’s a user-configurable virtual MIDI controller application for FL Studio and Deckadance.
Just open FL Studio 11.1 or Deckadance 2.3 on your computer, enable Image-Line Remote on the MIDI settings and then open IL Remote on up to 15 Android and or iOS devices. The connection is made automatically over a Wi-Fi network.
Changes in IL Remote v1.2
- New “trackpad” pad mode – Use ILRemote as a virtual trackpad to control your computer’s mouse (requires FL 11.1 or later).
- New “shortcut” pad mode – Send any keyboard shortcut to FL Studio and Deckadance (requires FL 11.1 or later).
- New “breath” controller – Control a parameter using the device’s microphone, Edit Mode > Layout Menu > Layout Settings.
- Containers – Controls can now be dragged in and out of containers.
- Fonts – New font size setting for control labels.
- Power management – Added a battery level indicator.
- Custom scale editor – Has been moved to the layout settings, and is now usable with both the keyboard and the harmonic grid.
- MIDI – Channel selection for accelerometers.
- Mixer – Improved scrolling. Tap and drag to select the track range more precisely.
- Fixed – Returning to the home screen even if “cancel” was pressed.
- Piano – New piano roll shortcuts presets.
- Bugs n stuff – Various fixes and improvements.
The app is a free download.
More information: Image-Line / Remote
Mystery Islands has introduced Virus|HC, an editor/librarian plug-in for the Access Virus synthesizer.
We are more than excited to officially announce that our next plug-in project, Virus|HC is around the corner. This plug-in is targeted to everyone with Access Virus A, B, C or TI hardware synthesizer to unleash the power of Virus in your favorite DAW.
- Works like the actual Virus TI Control software, except it does not transmit audio signals. This is a huge advantage to all Virus TI users, who struggle with “A Sync error occurred” messages.
- Connect legacy Virus (A-B-C-range) synth with MIDI interface into your DAW.
- Connect Virus TI & TI|2-range synth with MIDI or USB into your DAW.
- Manage single presets and/or multi presets within the editor/librarian.
- Load, edit and save programs & save them to HDD in MIDI format.
- Load up-to 16 parts of legendary Virus sounds into a single plug-in.
- Manage all 16 parts individually in Multimode mixer window.
- Automate almost every parameter of the plug-in.
- Visual link between the knob movements on hardware < -> software for real-time UI updates.
- Sends used data automatically to the synth upon loading a DAW project containing the plug-in. Play directly, without any loading hassle with the hardware itself. This is purely automated.
The plug-in is available to pre-order for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 39.95 EUR (regular 49.95 EUR).
More information: Mystery Islands / Virus|HC