, FL Studio
Posted in news
on Nov 27, 2013
Image-Line has announced version 11.0.4 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows.
We are pleased to announce FL Studio has been updated to 11.0.4. This adds IL Remote compatibility, expanded controller support and fixes the list of issues reported since FL Studio 11.0.3.
FL Studio’s Performance Mode with the newly supported Livid BASE controller.
Changes in FL Studio 11.0.4
- IL Remote support – IL Remote (soon to be released) is an Android & iOS programmable controller App for FL Studio & Deckadance 2. Check the manual entry here while you wait.
- Added support for the following controllers – Novation Launch Control, DJ TechTools Midi Fighter 3D, Electrix Tweaker, Livid VNTRL-R & Livid BASE.
- Newtone: Updated engine (bugfixes, works more like FL Piano roll & move around with arrow keys).
- Control Surface: Fixed oversized sliders after saving and loading a preset or song.
- Edison: Fixed drag/drop to FL browser.
- Patcher: Various bugfixes.
- ReWired: Fixed bug hiding plugin editor. fix for device enumeration.
- Wrapper: Fixed keyboard input in some VST3 plugins, added context menu support for (some) VST 3.5 plugins.
FL Studio is available to purchase starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers receive 10% discount on their first order at the Image-Line online shop.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
Elektron has announced the Analog Keys, its new flagship analog synthesizer.
Fully analog signal path, digital controls, and unprecedented playability make it an instrument for the expressive musician.
The Analog Keys is a four voice polyphonic analog synthesizer, capable of generating the finest basslines, chords, leads, and sounds imaginable.
The warm and deep tone represents the pinnacle of analog synthesis and the acclaimed Elektron sequencer stands ready to arrange and warp the analog sounds in real-time.
Complete the experience by treating the four voices with incredibly well-crafted master effects. A new world of sounds awaits.
Analog Keys features
- 100% analog signal path.
- Four voices, each with 2 analog oscillators, 2 sub-oscillators, dual analog filters, and analog overdrive.
- 37 key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch.
- +Drive storage hosting up to 4096 Sounds (+Drive Sound Library).
- Elektron sequencer with CV/Gate sequencing.
- Parameter assignable joystick.
- Extensive modulation possibilities.
- Supervoid Reverb, Saturator Delay, Wideshift Chorus send FX.
- Polyphonic, multitimbral, unison modes.
- Dedicated MIDI controller mode.
- 1 × headphones output, 2 × main outputs, 4 × stereo separate track outputs.
- 2 × audio inputs.
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU with Din sync out.
- 2 × dual CV/Gate outputs.
- USB 2.0 port.
The Analog Keys will be available to purchase on December 5th, 2013, priced at $1849 USD / €1749 EUR / £1449 GBP. Shipping starts December 9th.
More information: Elektron / Analog Keys
Zerodebug has announced the release of touchAble 2, the long-awaited completely new version of its dedicated Ableton Live controller app for iPad.
touchAble 2 comes with a new Template Editor.
During the last months, the Berlin-based developers team Zerodebug have focused their efforts to create touchAble 2 the ultimate iOS control surface entirely dedicated to Ableton LIVE.
touchAble App has become increasingly popular since it has arrived on the market in september 2010, as more Live users realize the flexibility and the high level of controls and customization offered by the app; at bargain rates compared with the dedicated hardware controllers currently available. Countless artists around the globe – from bedroom producers to award winning artists – use it on stage, in their studio or while on the road.
touchAble 2 has been completely redesigned from the ground up but also compatible with all iPad generations. All the new features of version 2 are available to users running touchAble on iPad1.
Changes in touchAble 2
- MIDI Sequencer.
- Template Editor.
- Isomorphic Keyboard.
- Live 9 Features including browser access.
- Advanced Native Live Templates.
- MIDI Mapping external Controller.
- Countless of new features and improvements.
The touchAble 2 app is available to purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: touchAble
Percussa has introduced three videos on its updated wireless AudioCubes, the light-emitting “tangible user interface”, used by artists around the world for sound design, composition, live performance, music education, interactive installations, music therapy, and many other projects.
Video 2: Demo with wireless AudioCubes
In a series of 3 videos, Bert Schiettecatte, designer of the AudioCubes, explains and shows how the wireless AudioCubes are different from the first generation AudioCubes. Watch this video as well as the 2 other videos.
The first video in the series explains why wireless AudioCubes are different from old AudioCubes, the third video is on how wireless AudioCubes are built.
More information: Percussa
Related: Akai Professional
Posted in news
on Nov 21, 2013
Numark has announced the availability of the NS7 II, a dramatically enhanced and updated version of the industry’s most advanced and best-selling 4-channel motorised DJ controller/mixer.
Numark has set a breathtaking pace for digital DJ’ing for more than 20 years, empowering DJs with cutting-edge technology to continually advance the art form to hitherto unparalleled heady heights. In 2007, Numark and Serato® unleashed the original NS7, a clever controller/mixer combo that brought a level of performance with digital media that had never before been achieved, accurately reproducing the look and feel of vinyl, beautifully blurring the boundaries between different DJ’ing eras so successfully that it made them almost indistinguishable. Since then, the powerful practice proffered by the NS7 has defined top-tier DJ performance, perfectly setting the bar by which all other controllers can be justifiably judged. Until now, that is!
Now Numark is pushing contemporary DJ performance capabilities even further forward with its all-new NS7 II, incorporating iconic technology from Akai Professional, music production technology trendsetter and creator of the MPC legendary lineup. The NS7 II’s 16 MPC® pads can be instantly assigned to control five dynamic performance features in Serato DJ — namely, CUES, AUTO/ROLL, LOOP, SAMPLER, and SLICER. Moreover, each pad features RGB illumination, allowing for an almost endless amount of colour variations via MIDI. Vinyl platter control has never felt more familiar courtesy of its high- and low-torque motorised platters with real slip mats and real vinyl sitting on 3,600 ticks of resolution!
NS7 II features
- 7-inch motorized turntables with ultra-high-resolution MIDI (3600 ticks per rotation).
- 4-channel mixer and 24-bit audio interface built in.
- 16 multi-color MPC® pads from Akai Professional.
- Capacitive touch-sensitive filter, EQ, and effects knobs.
- Genuine vinyl discs and real felt slipmats for unmatched tactile control.
- The most intuitive and seamless control for Serato DJ available.
- Connect and mix CD players, turntables, MP3 players, or any other external source.
- Mixer can operate standalone, with or without your computer.
- High- and low-torque turntable settings.
- Comprehensive Loop, Sample, Slicer, and Hot Cue controls.
- Strip Search™ virtual needle-drop technology.
- Serato DJ software included.
- Curve-adjustable CP-Pro crossfader.
- Dedicated iZotope® effects controls.
- Rugged all-metal construction.
The NS7 II costs 1,199 EUR / $1,499.95 USD / £999 GBP.
More information: Numark / NS7 II
Feelyoursound has announced a limited time sale on XotoPad, offering a 50% discount on the app that turns any Windows 8 multitouch computer into a flexible MIDI touch controller device.
Control everything via touch, keyboard, and mouse input. Jam around, play the drums, trigger some loops – or play chords with the touch of your finger. Most DAWs will even allow you to mute channels and control playback with MIDI commands. Perfect for live performances!
- Control other MIDI software and hardware at your fingertips!
- Easy to use interface, perfect for live and studio use.
- Extremely low latencies.
- 2 banks with 16 pads, 1 bank with 36 pads, 1 bank with 4 pads.
- Multitouch and keyboard input for jamming.
- Ready for Windows 8 Desktop (32 Bit and 64 Bit).
- Way cheaper than any hardware controller – but more flexible at the same time.
- Buy once, get updates forever.
XotoPad is available to purchase at a 50% discount until December 5th, 2013 (regular 29 EUR).
More information: Feelyoursound
Serato has released version 1.5.2 of its Serato DJ software.
This latest update for Serato DJ includes brand new FX powered by iZotope for Serato’s new FX Expansion Packs. Scrollable FX drop-down menus, support for the Vestax VCI-100 MKII, Numark MixDeck Quad and the brand new Pioneer DDJ-SB Serato DJ Intro controllers.
Changes in Serato v1.5.2
- Added Hardware Support
- Vestax VCI-100 mk II.
- Numark MixDeck Quad.
- Pioneer DDJ-SB.
- New Software Features
- New Chip Pack DJ FX Expansion Pack.
- Added scrollable FX drop down menus.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed Novation Dicer showing unpredictable behavior.
- Fixed strip search on Numark NS7 always jumping to the beginning of a track.
- Fixed DDJ-SP1 so it can not enter Slicer Modes 1 & 2 when in ABS Mode.
- Fixed the platter resolution on the Vestax VCI-300.
- Fixed Novation Twitch pitch adjustment being latching when loading a new track.
- Fixed Novation Twitch effect depth on left hand deck sometimes not working .
- Fixed lighting on the Numark NS6 jog wheel.
- Fixed DDJ-WeGo Deck D platter controlling Deck A on the DDJ-WeGo.
- Fixed non adjustable upfader curve on the MixDeckQuad.
- Fixed Performance Pads 7 and 8 not turning off in sampler mode on the VCI-380.
- Fixed FX LEDs in Single Mode on Twitch.
- Fixed FX Scroll on Numark Mixdeck Pro.
- Fixed NS6 gets stuck in Beat Grid Slip Mode.
- Fixed VCI-380 Double track load.
- Fixed MC2000 gets stuck in Fast FWD/RWD mode when Shift is released first.
- Fixed brightness levels for Novation dicer in auto loop mode and inactive loops.
- Fixed wrong colour for cue button on the Novation Twitch.
- Other Changes
- Simple Upfader Start on the NS7 and NS7MKII: holding shift and using the upfader performs upfader start.
Serato DJ for Windows is available to purchase for $129 USD. The Chip Pack costs $19 USD.
More information: Serato
Steinberg has announced the release of Cubase iC Air, allowing users of Cubase 7 or Cubase Artist 7, together with Leap Motion Controller or Intel systems powered by the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK, to control Steinberg’s popular DAW intuitively by the command of gestures.
“With the advent of various gesture recognition technologies we’ve been looking into possibilities to control Cubase in a novel way by using simple hand gestures as an alternative control alongside the conventional mouse and keyboard — and Cubase iC Air is our first achievement in this field of research,” comments Shih Ming Law, key developer for Cubase iC Air.
Cubase iC Air embeds a control panel within Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7, giving visual feedback of the user’s hand gestures that are picked up by depth cameras from Leap Motion and Intel. Pre-programmed gestural commands allow the user to perform transport controls, such as start, stop, forward and rewind, to jump to the next or previous track, to audition through sections of audio and zoom in and out the arrangement.
By implementing a virtual version of Steinberg’s AI Knob, users are also able to control many other parameters of Cubase as well as VST 2.4 and VST 3 plug-ins through Cubase iC Air.
Intel global account manager Jean-Pierre Navarro says: “The great collaboration with Steinberg’s developer team helps get the most of the Intel platform and the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK. Cubase iC Air provides users with a new and exciting way of interaction. This is an entirely new way of experiencing music.”
Cubase iC Air is a software component that requires Cubase 7 or Cubase Artist 7 as host application and a Leap Motion Controller or depth camera run by the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK.
Cubase iC Air is available to download at no charge.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase iC Air