Steinberg has released version 1.8.3 of Cubasis, a sequencer app for iOS.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. You can also open your Cubasis projects in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8.3
- Implements latest Audiobus SDK (v2.1.5).
- MediaBay folders remember their state.
- Loading times of projects (subsequent loads) and undo/redo times have been greatly improved.
- Inserting Cubasis as input and output in Audiobus now works as expected again.
- Fixes a problem where triggering Cubasis with specific hardware controllers could lead to hanging and missing notes.
- Fixes an issue where the use of sustain led to hanging notes.
- Deleted audio events will now be restored correctly when performing Undo or project renaming tasks.
- Solves a critical issue where performing Undo on an edited audio file could result in data loss.
- Fixes a problem where trimmed audio events could not be restored to their original state.
- Cycle playback in audio editor now works as expected.
- Changing the locator position in the audio editor no longer results in start of playback.
- Fixes a rare issue where the playback in the audio editor could be started twice simultaneously.
- Playhead located in audio editor remains in its current position once playback has been stopped.
- Fixes a graphical issue that appeared at maximum magnification in the audio editor.
- The audio editor’s rewind button no longer triggers a playhead preview sound.
- Fixes a problem where selecting no instrument on an audio track renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Dropping files from the MediaBay onto frozen tracks is no longer possible.
- Fixes a problem where file renaming with special characters (such as emoticons) could lead to missing audio files.
- Undo steps remain available once a project has been renamed.
- Fixes a rare problem where no audio event is created after audio has been recorded.
- Glueing MIDI parts no longer restores hidden events.
- Switching from bars to seconds and performing zoom and scroll gestures no longer leads to fade out of the audio editor ruler labels.
- Several In-App help iOS 8 improvements.
- Scrolling the In-App help content on devices with iOS 8 now works as expected.
- Fixes an intermittent issue on devices with iOS 8 where the home button of the In-App help became non-functional.
- Fixes a rare problem where the Audiobus panel remained empty (app icons and controls were missing).
- AudioCopy rendered Cubasis unreliable.
- Use of Undo/redo lead in some cases to loss of audio file data.
- A problem with the positioning of automation events has been solved.
- Help typo correction.
The app is available for purchase for $49.99 USD.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
M-Audio has announced it has upgrades to its M-Track series audio interfaces.
The M-Track and M-Track Plus now feature a rugged all-metal chassis and studio–quality audio performance, and an expanded software suite is included with the M-Track Eight interface.
These new products give songwriters the ability to participate in the world of computer-based recording with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that boasts 24-bit studio-quality audio performance, along with a new rugged all-metal chassis, greatly improved pre-amps, and class-leading audio performance on the inputs.
With these new products, M-Audio also announces a partnership with Waves Audio, Ltd.
“The new M-Tracks are designed to provide professional recording quality to musicians and producers, and we could think of nobody better to partner with for professional effects than Waves Audio,” said J.C. Sutherland, M-Audio Product Manager. “For more than 20 years, their effects plug-ins have set the standard for digital signal processing, and we’re thrilled to be able to offer their world-class effects to M-Track customers.”
Included with the M-Tracks are AudioTrack, Eddie Kramer Effect Channel, and TrueVerb plugins, which add a professional touch to any production. These plugins, along with the included Ableton Live Lite, provide a solid foundation to start a home/portable recording studio.
M-Audio’s currently available M-Track Eight also benefits from the Waves plugin treatment. In addition to AudioTrack, Eddie Kramer Effect Channel, and TrueVerb, M-Track Eight adds the L1 Ultramaximizer and Manny Marroquin Delay as part of its included software suite.
“We’re very excited about the new M-Track family of interfaces. They are solidly built, and with the added Waves plugin bundle users can produce impressive results that far exceed what the price points suggest.” – J.C. Sutherland, M-Audio Product Manager.
The upgraded M-Track and M-Track Plus will be available at the end of October, priced at $99 USD and $149 USD, respectively; the M-Track Eight is available now for $399 USD.
More information: M-Audio
Steinberg has released the UR22 Production Studio, a limited edition package that consists of the compact UR22 audio interface, the latest version of Cubase Elements and WabeLab LE alongside the sE Electronics Magneto studio microphone, Isolation Pack and microphone cable.
With two TRS/XLR combo inputs, two TRS outputs, MIDI I/O plus one separate headphone output, the included UR22 interface provides sufficient connectivity for mobile recording and personal home studios. It holds two of the highly acclaimed D-PRE mic preamps, offers latency-free hardware monitoring and a sampling rate of up to 192 kHz. The software bundle boasts the Cubase Elements music production system that includes the HALion Sonic SE, Prologue and Groove Agent ONE instruments plus a suite of 44 effect processors. The WaveLab LE audio editor provides all the basic tools to master any recording to the best audio quality. The sE Electronics Magneto condenser microphone produces outstanding results for recording vocals and acoustic instruments alike, while the Isolation Pack consists of a shock mount and an integrated pop shield.
Product marketing manager Stefan Schreiber commented: “We’re really happy that the co-operation with sE Electronics has come to fruition. Their Magneto mic is the perfect complement to the UR22 interface, and together with the included versions of Cubase and WaveLab, the UR22 Production Studio has everything a demanding neophyte will be needing to record, mix and edit vocals and instruments.”
UR22 Production Studio features
- UR22 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface with 2 D-PRE Class-A discrete mic preamps supporting +48V.
- Analog 2 in and 2 out plus headphone output with individual volume control and MIDI input and output.
- Latency-free hardware-based monitoring with a Mix knob.
- Cubase Elements 7 personal music production system with complete audio/MIDI recording, editing and mixing tools.
- Includes outstanding virtual instruments: HALion Sonic SE workstation, MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine and Prologue synthesizer.
- Comes ready with 44 audio effect processors, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction, MorphFilter and extraordinary VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite.
- Cross-platform 32-/64-bit software application and drivers for Windows and Mac OS X Intel.
- WaveLab LE 8 Audio editing and mastering software with powerful real-time audio engine, two simultaneous audio tracks and a set of qualtiy virtual effect processors.
- sE Electronics Magneto studio condenser microphone with a 1″ large diaphragm capsule and cardioid polar pattern.
- sE Electronics Isolation Pack shock mount and plop filter set plus a three meter shielded microphone cable.
The UR22 Production Studio is available for purchase for 299 EUR including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / UR22 Production Studio
Steinberg is has announced the availability of new maintenance updates for Cubase and Nuendo.
The 7.5.30 update for Cubase/Cubase Artist and the 6.5.30 update for Nuendo improve the performance when importing a large number of audio files and resolve several issues related to Control Room, MixConsole and VST instruments.
In addition, Nuendo 6.5.30 provides improvements regarding ADR, Yamaha Nuage compatibility, MXF and AAF file handling.
All updates are now available for free download from the Steinberg website. For detailed information please view the corresponding version history on the download page.
More information: Steinberg
Singomakers has launched Cubase Mastering Templates, the first title in a new series of mastering, mixing and track templates.
The first one of this series is Mastering Templates for Steinberg Cubase! 16 Mastering templates for 4 genres, EDM, Trap, Deep House and Drum & Bass, 16 separate projects with mastering plugins of Waves (4 templates with Waves plugins only), iZotope Ozone 5 (4 templates with Ozone 5 plugins only), Cubase 5 (4 templates with Cubase 5 plugins only) and Cubase 7.5 (4 templates with Cubase 7.5 plugins only). 16 mastering template projects in total!
Each Template contains a Cubase file containing an example demo song routed through a dedicated Channel Strip containing all the necessary EQ, Compression and FX settings that can be used on your own productions as a final Master Tool.
The final polish and mastering of your tracks is a very important stage to get that perfect finished Sound and each genre has its own technical requirements, and examples of these settings are included in the templates.
The pack is available for purchase for £19.95 GBP. Individual templates are also sold separately for £9.95 GBP each.
More information: Singomakers / Cubase Mastering Templates
More posts that match this tag
Steinberg has announced the release of VST Connect Performer for iPad, an app that offers online remote recording collaboration with producers and musicians in real time. Steinberg’s VST Connect plug-in links Cubase production environments to … read more
Steinberg has released version 7.5.20 of its Cubase and Cubase Artist music production software. The update adds several improvements and resolves more than 60 issues in different areas of the applications. The update is now … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of version 1.7.2 of its Cubasis multitouch sequencer app for the iPad. This maintenance update solves many user-reported issues and is highly recommended for all users of Cubasis. Changes in … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of its UR44 USB audio and MIDI interface. The Steinberg UR44 — 6 x 4 USB 2.0 audio & MIDI interface. With six inputs and four outputs, D-PRE mic preamps … read more
Outbound link: Steinberg
– Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Jan 27, 2014 - 0 comments
Steinberg has announced the immediate release of the Android version of Cubase iC Pro, an app for remote controlling the award-wining Cubase music production system via Wi-Fi. “Since releasing Cubase iC Pro as iOS app, … read more
Steinberg has announced version 1.7.1 of Cubasis, a streamlined, multitouch sequencer app for iPad. Steinberg announces today the release of a maintenance update for its Cubasis app. This maintenance update solves many user-reported issues and … read more
Steinberg has announced version 7.5 of its Cubase and Cubase Artist music production systems, a considerable update with many workflow enhancements, new instruments and new effects. Version 7.5 incorporates important workflow enhancements, version updates to … read more
Steinberg has announced three iOS-related releases, comprising an update to its Cubasis multitouch sequencer for the iPad, iOS support for the VST 3.6 SDK, and the free Nanologue synthesizer for iPad. Cubasis 1.7 is a … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of Cubase iC Air, allowing users of Cubase 7 or Cubase Artist 7, together with Leap Motion Controller or Intel systems powered by the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK, to control … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of VST Connect Pro, a fully featured remote recording solution for remote multitrack recording of audio and MIDI in premium sound quality. “With VST Connect Pro, we’re convinced to be … read more
Outbound link: Steinberg
/ VST Connect Pro
– Related: collaboration
Posted in news
on Nov 14, 2013 - 0 comments
Advanced Waves has released version 1.2.0 of Track Align Pro, a VST plug-in for Mac allowing to time align an audio track to a reference one in real-time. TAP processing is looking at each sample … read more
Steinberg has announced the Cubase BackPack, a portable recording and production solution featuring Cubase Artist 7 and the UR22 interface that ensures a charitable contribution to sustainable development in Africa. “With Cubase BackPack, we’re offering … read more
Outbound link: Steinberg
/ Cubase BackPack
– Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Nov 05, 2013 - 0 comments
Hal Leonard Books has announced it is shipping Power Tools for Cubase 7, a book by Matthew Loel T. Hepworth. Cubase is a program that transforms your computer into a complete recording studio, providing every … read more
Steinberg has released version 7.0.6 of the Elements, AI and LE editions of its Cubase digital audio workstation software. The update focuses on visibility and workflow enhancements for MixConsole, including the ability to display channel … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of version 2.0 firmware updates for its UR28M and UR824 USB audio interfaces. Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH today enhances their UR28M and UR824 USB audio interfaces with a comprehensive firmware … read more