Steinberg has announced the release of maintenance update version 7.0.4 of its Cubase and Cubase Artist music production software.
The fully supported update adds over 20 improvements such as enhanced visibility in MixConsole, new MIDI functions and Chord Track improvements and resolves more than 45 user-reported issues.
The update is now available for download from the Steinberg website. For detailed information please view the corresponding version history on the download page.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase
Posted in news
on May 15, 2013
Nektar has announced it has started shipping the Panorama P1, a compact control surface with 66 real-time controls, a color high-resolution TFT display and deep integration for Cubase, Nuendo and Reason.
Build on the established Panorama workflow originally developed for Reason, the latest Cubase and Nuendo support offers full navigation of the sequencer tracks, mixer, insert and instrument plug-ins as well as project navigation. Tactile control has never been more intuitive with parameters automatically mapped once a menu is selected. Panorama comes pre-mapped for more than 250 plug-ins including all Steinberg branded plug-ins. Each map can be customized by the user using the unique Panorama “Learn” function. Users can also utilize the “Learn” function to create basic maps for plug-ins that have not yet been pre-mapped by Nektar.
Just like the Reason implementation which has been regularly updated with support for Rack Extensions over the past 12 months, the Cubase and Nuendo implementation for Panorama will continue to evolve. New plug-in maps will be added regularly and provided free to all registered Panorama users.
Both worlds simultaneously
Panorama users who ReWire Reason to Cubase/Nuendo can also take advantage of the real-time DAW switching that allows Panorama to control either Reason or Cubase at any one time. There is no loss of control functionality so the full 3 modes, Mixer, Instrument and Transport are available as you switch back and forth between Cubase/Nuendo and Reason.
The TFT display provides ongoing navigation and parameter feedback so there is no need to look at the computer monitor. The ReWire switching is color coded to make sure you always know which DAW you are controlling.
Panorama P1 in addition is a comprehensive USB MIDI controller with an easy and transparent user interface. Each assignable control can be programmed to send MIDI messages and any of the buttons are capable of sending QWERTY macros of up to 8 computer shortcut commands, as well as be programmed to load any preset or map.
Panorama P1 is available now at music dealers dealers world wide for MSRP $349.99 USD/289.99 EUR/£244.99 GBP.
The Cubase/Nuendo implementation supports the entire Panorama range. Existing P4 and P6 users can download it immediately from the Nektar website.
More information: Nektar
Steinberg has released version 1.3 of its Cubasis for iPad music app.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. You can also open your Cubasis projects in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
Changes in Cubasis for iPad v1.3
- 2 new plug-ins: 4 band parametric StudioEQ and Brickwall limiter.
- Now you can use up to 4 inserts per track.
- FLAC file import and export.
- Cubasis can be set as an input and output simultaneously in Cubasis.
- CPU meter.
- Polyphony meter.
- MIDI panic button.
- Many user reported problems solved.
Cubasis for iPad costs $49.99 USD. Previous customers can download the update free of charge from the App Store.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis for iPad
Posted in news
on Feb 20, 2013
Steinberg has announced the release of the CMC Six-Pack, a new bundle deal comprising the award-winning CMC line-up of USB controllers.
“The CMC Six-Pack is the most flexible controller setup ever made for Cubase: it’s a touch-based mixer; it’s a handy pad controller; it’s a transport control you won’t want to miss after the first try,” comments Stefan Schreiber, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
The CMC Six-Pack is made up of all six controllers designed to offer users a modular controller experience. Arranging the units in a way that best suits the personal needs when using Cubase makes the CMC series a very customizable hardware control system. Each of the six slim-sized USB controllers provides tactile control over Cubase features.
CMC Six-Pack features
- Six unique micro controllers designed to take control of dedicated Cubase areas — faster and more convenient than with any other solution.
- Modular system: combine multiple units to form an eminently powerful Cubase control station that exactly fits your needs; joint plate included for quick and easy connection.
- Fully mirrored Cubase functionality: intuitive operation due to the adoption of the Cubase color scheme and icons.
- Perfect ergonomics guarantee a unique level of handling quality — created to make your recording and live performance workflow more musical than ever.
- Brings innovative technologies to your fingertips: illuminated, high-resolution touch controls and rotary encoders for detailed visual feedback.
- Portable and compact: small enough to fit in your pocket, on a master keyboard or wherever desired
- User-assignable functions for even more flexibility and tweaking options.
- USB-powered: no additional power supply required.
- Cross-platform compatible: OS X and Windows support.
- Cubase AI download version included to start recording your music straight away.
The CMC Six-Pack is available from selected resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop as long as stocks last, with a suggested retail price of 299 EUR including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / CMC Six-Pack
Steinberg has announced the release of version 1.1 of its Cubasis sequencer app for iOS.
“Cubasis 1.1 takes full advantage of the many music apps supporting Audiobus, resulting in a flexible and more powerful DAW for your iPad than before,” comments Carlos Mendoza Rohde, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
Audiobus allows multiple iOS apps to integrate seamlessly with Cubasis for audio input and processing in a single project.
“Cubasis now boasts one of the best implementations of Audiobus known to me,” adds Sebastian Dittmann from Audiobus.
Cubasis v1.1 features
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used).
- Over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic.
- Mixer with over 10 effect processors (insert and send effects).
- Over 300 MIDI and audio loops.
- Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads.
- Sample Editor and Key Editor.
- Export to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email.
- Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported.
- Sequence other Core MIDI apps (MIDI recording only) and run Cubasis simultaneously via background audio.
- Import audio from your iTunes music library or using iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis.
- Audio mixdown and MIDI export.
- Audiobus support.
Cubasis is available as download through the App Store, priced at 44.99 EUR including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Jan 28, 2013
Tascam has announced the US-322 and US-366, two new USB audio interfaces
Tascam’s new US-366 USB 2.0 audio interface with DSP Mixer.
These interfaces combine compelling new technologies like on-board digital mixers (DSP Mixer) and on-board digital effects (DSP Effects) along with advances on the wildly popular US-122mkII and US-144mkII interfaces. The US-322 and US-366 sport similar aluminum casings for the same rugged reliability plus new improved HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic pres. These HDDA Mic Pres offer a wider frequency response (10Hz to 68kHz), high S/N ratio (98dB), low EIN (-120dBu) and low THD+N (0.0045%); qualities rarely achieved in interfaces this affordable.
These all-new interfaces boast low S/N ratio, low THD and the US-366 flaunts 24bit/192kHz recording; certifying these as the best sounding interfaces to be released by TASCAM yet. The 2-in/2-out US-322 features 1 Mic XLR/Line-Guitar TRS input, 1 Mic XLR/Line TRS input, 2 Line TRS and 2 Line RCA outputs. The 6-in/4-out or 4-in/6-out US-366 adds 2 Line RCA inputs and 1 Digital RCA/Optical input/output. One click of the top-loaded “Mixer Panel” button will access TASCAM’s new mixing console screen and on-board insert/send effects for easy-to-use, versatile recording. The digital mixer offers two operational modes, multi-track mode and stereo-mix mode.
After months of organized tests by TASCAM’s esteemed engineers and R&D department, the new TASCAM interfaces are guaranteed to offer new luxuries, reliability and value not found before in competing models. TASCAM’s US-322 and US-366 are bundled with Cubase LE6, feature easy-to-use controls, amazing quality, and feature-rich technology, advantages sure to please professional and amateur recording artists alike.
The US-322 and US-366 are priced ESP $149.99 USD and $199 USD respectively.
More information: Tascam