CWI Technology has released version 2.3.0 of the TX16Wx and TX16Wx Professional software sampler instruments for Windows and Mac.
TX16Wx Software Sampler is a plug-in for the creative musician, inspired and modeled after the best hardware samplers with all the ease and new exiting features modern software brings.
A multitimbral instrument that actually samples, and with a documented file format so you never will be locked in to a single instrument.
This version contains many new features and fixes, such as group cross fading, SoundFont patch loading and improved FX.
Changes in TX16Wx v2.3.0
- Fixed MIDI note names not being refreshed in some hosts.
- Fixed load failure with certain banks created with older versions.
- Fixed send:pre-fader not loaded from bank.
- Fixed delay feedback issue.
- Fixed bug loading performance with tempo delay.
- Fixed dry/wet mix issue in Chorus/Flanger.
- Fixed some sound fonts imported with bad play mode.
- Fixed mouse wheel scrolling for large windows.
- Fixed crash in Sonar X2 when loosing window focus.
- Fixed turning automated knobs not sending automation data to host.
- Modified LFO and Seq modulators parameter UI disposition to be more powerful.
- Added Mono and Ping-pong mode to delay.
- Added lo/hi frequency cut for reverb.
- Added 3-band equalizer effect.
- Chorus/Flanger/Phaser inserts now converts mono to stereo for nicer sound.
- Added note priority selector for playing Mono/Legato modes.
- Added override root key functionality to splits.
- SFZ and SF2 import now uses overriding root keys.
- Added name-based auto keyboard mapping tool.
- Added Soundfont sample and patch loading. SF2 files can now be browsed and partially loaded.
- Soundfont import now uses much less memory.
- Added BPM/R modulation source (host/wave relative tempo).
- Program files now store wave metadata overrides such as root key, loops etc to allow more local modifications of waves without needing to save them.
- Added setting to save reapeaks files in separate folder.
- Added group crossfade regions (pro version).
- Introduced crossfade between sample sources when playing in ono/legato mode to reduce clicking.
- Voice stealing now produces smoother sound.
- Intersecting groups can now be selected by Ctrl-rightclick on mapper keyboard.
- Playing notes on the key mapper keyboard can now vary velocity with Ctrl, Shift and Ctrl+Shift.
TX16Wx for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available as freeware. The Professional edition costs 89 EUR (commercial) / 29 EUR (non-commercial).
More information: CWI Technology
CWI Technology has released version 2.2.0 of the TX16Wx sampler instrument plug-in.
Finally, after many months of work, TX16Wx 2.2.0 is now released, adding long-awaited support for MacOSX. This release took longer than anticipated, mainly because I upped my ambitions somewhat, thus this is not simply a port, but a full rewrite of the underlying framework supporting the plug-in.
TX16Wx is now running on a new cross-platform and plug-in format toolkit, with much of its insides now in shared libraries. This of course in anticipation of the new plug-ins that CWITEC will build and release during the rest of the year.
The MacOSX plug-in is available as a 32/64 bit AUi universal binary and a 64-bit VSTi. The user interface requires a Cocoa capable host.
Changes in TX16Wx v2.2.0
- Added Apple OSX support.
- Added Audio unit version.
- Added polyphony limit.
- Added matrix row/column distribute command.
- Added skinning support.
- Fixed issue with effects being shared between copied performances.
- Fixed automation load/save issue.
- Improved matrix editor snapping.
The TX16Wx sampler instrument is available as freeware. A Professional version costs 89 EUR (full) / 29 EUR (non-commercial).
CWI Technology has announced a release candidate for version 2.10 of its TX16Wx and TX16Wx Professional software sampler instruments.
TX16Wx now supports conditional group trigger switching, using controllers, modulators, round-robin, random, tempo and MIDI key sources as conditionals. Also, the file browser now allows in-place preview of sound data in programs to make sound mapping and editing quicker.
Changes in TX16Wx v2.10 RC
- Added group note switching (key-based, round-robin, random, modulator).
- Added delay / chorus / flanger / wah.
- Added modulated “delay” parameter to groups.
- Added preview functionality to file browser.
- Added displayed octave offset setting.
- Added “triplets” to tempo sync modes.
- Improved menu handling to better indicate allowed operations.
- Improved memory footprint for send FX.
- Improved LFO precision.
- SFZ import now reads keyboard switching parameters.
- Most sample editor operations can now transform on several waves at once.
- Groups created from “separate” and “split” commands are now named from waves.
- Fixed setting split loop through context menu not working.
- Fixed SFZ import not reading volume correctly.
- Fixed matrix names not shown in MIDI note names.
- Fixed MIDI note names not updating in StudioOne.
The release candidate is available to download now for Windows (32/64bit). TX16Wx Pro is scheduled for release during early 2013, pre-orders are available for 80 EUR (commercial license) / 20 EUR (non-commercial license).
More information: CWI Technology
CWI Technology has announced the version 2.0 release of its TX16Wx Software Sampler, a freeware software sampler instrument for Windows.
TX16Wx is a sampling workstation, a sound mangler and a beat slicer.
Version 2.0 adds a completely new, re-sizable graphical user interface, complete with unlimited Undo/Redo and context sensitive help. A built-in file browser and improved drag-and-drop based work flow makes the instrument easy and quick to get started with.
Three new step sequencer modulators and several new modulation sources and destinations adds to the sound tweaking abilities of the instrument.
TX16Wx is a complete sampling workstation, with improved sampling tools such as automatic keyboard mapping of recorded material, threshold and transport triggers and interactive loop cross fading, making sampling your own content quicker and more fun than ever.
For working with loops the instrument has fully interactive beat slicing and mapping, as well as improved sample edit tools.
TX16Wx for Windows (32/64-bit VST) is available to download at no charge.
More information: TX16Wx
CWI Technology has announced a public beta of TX16Wx 2.0, a software sampler instrument for Windows.
After months of development and closed testing, I am proud to present the long awaited public beta of TX16Wx version 2.0, now available on the new website http://www.tx16wx.com/.
The worlds greatest sampler now comes with a more user friendly, re-sizable GUI, built for drag and drop operation, as well as full Undo/Redo support for easy editing. Tool tips and context-sensitive help now make it easier than ever to quickly get up to speed with the instrument. There is now also a built-in file browser with drag and drop loading and improved bookmark handling.
The sound engine has also added three new step modulators as well as new modulation sources and destinations, making the sound tweaking possibilities greater than ever. New import formats, such as Ogg vorbis and SFZ files, as well as improved Soundfont 2 support makes a large set of pre-existing material available to the instrument.
TX16Wx is a free, multitimbral VSTi software sampler instrument plugin, modelled after professional hardware samplers from the 80s and 90s.
TX16Wx 2.0 features
- Re-sizable, flexible GUI
- Full Undo/Redo support.
- Built-in file browser with wave preview.
- Unlimited multi-timbral operation.
- 128 voice polyphony
- 24dB resonant filters.
- Two syncable LFO:s per voice.
- Two Modulation Envelopes per voice.
- Three Sequence LFO:s per voice.
- Modulation matrix with 16 modulation slots per voice.
- Multiple keyboard scales.
- Multiple trigger modes.
- Mono/Poly/Legato operation.
- 8 choke groups per program.
- Per-sample loop start/end/direction modulation.
- Polyphonic glide.
- Built-in sample editor
- Automatic Loop Slicing + slice mapping.
- Actually Samples! Record audio straight into the sampler.
- Automatic pitch detection.
- Loop tools.
- Loop cross fading.
- Multiple loop definitions per wave.
- Trim, cut, duplicate.
- Pitch detection.
- Tempo detection.
- Graphical keyboard mapping editor
- Automatic sample layout.
- Flexible drag & drop-based group edit.
- Quick select of sound data via MIDI.
- Drag & drop of samples/programs/performances/banks.
- Multiple outputs
- 4 Stereo + 8 Mono outputs.
- Individual output mapping for key groups (drums).
- 16 mappable controllers for automation.
- 48 mappable VST parameters for automation.
- Preview loaded programs and samples in your song before loading.
- Reads multiple sample and bank formats
- SoundFont 2.
- SFZ Files.
- Ogg Vorbis.
- Typhoon compressed AIF files.
- Original Yamaha OS Wave files.
- 100% documented XML-based sound file format.
- Anyone can write conversion tools.
- Saves data in DAW project directory.
- Low CPU usage.
- Fully native, optimized for SSE2.
- 64-bit support.
- Nice sound!
The public beta is available to download at no cost (Windows VST).
More information: TX16Wx Software Sampler