Drumdrops has announced that it has updated all the Multi-Velocity packs of its drum sample libraries.
We have been busy updating our Multi-Velocity packs and now all of these packs have been updated on our site to the latest versions. First up we have updated the EXS24 patches. There is now a new Logic X patch for EXS24 which utilises some of the Logic X features.
Secondly we have added over 500 MIDI Loops to the packs covering a variety of genres (it is the same loops in each pack and from time to time we will update them).
Finally we have just added patches for the excellent free TX16Wx sampler. These patches have been built by Suleiman Ali. This sampler is a free piece of software that the developer has been building for a while. It is an excellent alternative to the many paid samplers out there. The developer is extremely responsive and worked with Suleiman to make sure our patches work well.
For everyone who has already purchased a Multi-Velocity pack from us just head over to your account and download the latest version which will have all the latest updates. The All Samples Packs have also been updated with the latest version.
If you have not purchased a Multi-Velocity pack from us before or want to try out another kit then there is no better time than now. The packs come with up to 16 velocities of each articulation and include 11 different patches for most of the main samplers out there. Now they also come with over 500 MIDI loops. At £ 15.00 a pack you can’t get better than that. Although today for a limited period, we are offering a 20% discount on any of the Multi-Velocity kits. Just use the voucher code MV20 at checkout.
More information: Drumdrops
CWI Technology has released version 2.4.0 of TX16Wx, a software sampler workstation instrument for Windows and Mac.
TX16Wx now supports EXS24 and Akai AKP program import, three-way cross modulation, user defined program icons and VST micro tuning. There are also many usability and stability improvements, as well as a new, large, UI mode.
Changes in TX16Wx v2.4.0
- OS X / Windows Vista / Windows 7 “missing file” dialog now includes a “search” option.
- Load/Save progress indicator now includes an “Abort” button.
- Added a “via” cross modulation parameter to modulation entries, allowing control of modulation strength by other modulator.
- Added selectable round-robin source for wave matrix / group switcher.
- Added “toggle” trigger mode.
- Added large UI skin.
- Added import of EXS format instruments.
- Added import of AKP format instruments.
- Added 6db low/high pass filter.
- Added Direct MIDI CC as modulation source.
- Added support for VST2 micro tuning.
- Added optional support for bank select to address more than 128 programs via MIDI program change.
- Added optional program/performance number display in drop down selectors.
- Added program/performance re-ordering dialog.
- Added user selectable program icons.
- Skins now handle CSS “import”.
- UI size is now constrained by minimum size of applied skin.
- UI skins loading time improved.
- Default skin + graphics are now delivered as external files as well as resources.
- SFZ import now honors MIDI CC trigger switch.
- Save and other edits now disabled while previewing material.
- Fixed issue where editing wave matrix source settings was applied to all objects, not just selected.
- Fixed import of Sound fonts with non-symmetric/broken stereo pair definitions.
- Fixed CoreObject leaks and errors on OS X.
- Fixed COM leaks and errors on Windows.
- Fixed host not notified on performance change.
- Fixed crash when running in bridged mode in some hosts.
TX16Wx for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available as freeware. TX16Wx Professional costs 29 EUR (non-commercial) / 89 EUR (non-restricted).
More information: TX16Wx
CWI Technology has released version 2.3.0 of the TX16Wx and TX16Wx Professional software sampler instruments for Windows and Mac.
TX16Wx Software Sampler is a plug-in for the creative musician, inspired and modeled after the best hardware samplers with all the ease and new exiting features modern software brings.
A multitimbral instrument that actually samples, and with a documented file format so you never will be locked in to a single instrument.
This version contains many new features and fixes, such as group cross fading, SoundFont patch loading and improved FX.
Changes in TX16Wx v2.3.0
- Fixed MIDI note names not being refreshed in some hosts.
- Fixed load failure with certain banks created with older versions.
- Fixed send:pre-fader not loaded from bank.
- Fixed delay feedback issue.
- Fixed bug loading performance with tempo delay.
- Fixed dry/wet mix issue in Chorus/Flanger.
- Fixed some sound fonts imported with bad play mode.
- Fixed mouse wheel scrolling for large windows.
- Fixed crash in Sonar X2 when loosing window focus.
- Fixed turning automated knobs not sending automation data to host.
- Modified LFO and Seq modulators parameter UI disposition to be more powerful.
- Added Mono and Ping-pong mode to delay.
- Added lo/hi frequency cut for reverb.
- Added 3-band equalizer effect.
- Chorus/Flanger/Phaser inserts now converts mono to stereo for nicer sound.
- Added note priority selector for playing Mono/Legato modes.
- Added override root key functionality to splits.
- SFZ and SF2 import now uses overriding root keys.
- Added name-based auto keyboard mapping tool.
- Added Soundfont sample and patch loading. SF2 files can now be browsed and partially loaded.
- Soundfont import now uses much less memory.
- Added BPM/R modulation source (host/wave relative tempo).
- Program files now store wave metadata overrides such as root key, loops etc to allow more local modifications of waves without needing to save them.
- Added setting to save reapeaks files in separate folder.
- Added group crossfade regions (pro version).
- Introduced crossfade between sample sources when playing in ono/legato mode to reduce clicking.
- Voice stealing now produces smoother sound.
- Intersecting groups can now be selected by Ctrl-rightclick on mapper keyboard.
- Playing notes on the key mapper keyboard can now vary velocity with Ctrl, Shift and Ctrl+Shift.
TX16Wx for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available as freeware. The Professional edition costs 89 EUR (commercial) / 29 EUR (non-commercial).
More information: CWI Technology
CWI Technology has released version 2.2.0 of the TX16Wx sampler instrument plug-in.
Finally, after many months of work, TX16Wx 2.2.0 is now released, adding long-awaited support for MacOSX. This release took longer than anticipated, mainly because I upped my ambitions somewhat, thus this is not simply a port, but a full rewrite of the underlying framework supporting the plug-in.
TX16Wx is now running on a new cross-platform and plug-in format toolkit, with much of its insides now in shared libraries. This of course in anticipation of the new plug-ins that CWITEC will build and release during the rest of the year.
The MacOSX plug-in is available as a 32/64 bit AUi universal binary and a 64-bit VSTi. The user interface requires a Cocoa capable host.
Changes in TX16Wx v2.2.0
- Added Apple OSX support.
- Added Audio unit version.
- Added polyphony limit.
- Added matrix row/column distribute command.
- Added skinning support.
- Fixed issue with effects being shared between copied performances.
- Fixed automation load/save issue.
- Improved matrix editor snapping.
The TX16Wx sampler instrument is available as freeware. A Professional version costs 89 EUR (full) / 29 EUR (non-commercial).
CWI Technology has announced a release candidate for version 2.10 of its TX16Wx and TX16Wx Professional software sampler instruments.
TX16Wx now supports conditional group trigger switching, using controllers, modulators, round-robin, random, tempo and MIDI key sources as conditionals. Also, the file browser now allows in-place preview of sound data in programs to make sound mapping and editing quicker.
Changes in TX16Wx v2.10 RC
- Added group note switching (key-based, round-robin, random, modulator).
- Added delay / chorus / flanger / wah.
- Added modulated “delay” parameter to groups.
- Added preview functionality to file browser.
- Added displayed octave offset setting.
- Added “triplets” to tempo sync modes.
- Improved menu handling to better indicate allowed operations.
- Improved memory footprint for send FX.
- Improved LFO precision.
- SFZ import now reads keyboard switching parameters.
- Most sample editor operations can now transform on several waves at once.
- Groups created from “separate” and “split” commands are now named from waves.
- Fixed setting split loop through context menu not working.
- Fixed SFZ import not reading volume correctly.
- Fixed matrix names not shown in MIDI note names.
- Fixed MIDI note names not updating in StudioOne.
The release candidate is available to download now for Windows (32/64bit). TX16Wx Pro is scheduled for release during early 2013, pre-orders are available for 80 EUR (commercial license) / 20 EUR (non-commercial license).
More information: CWI Technology
CWI Technology has announced the version 2.0 release of its TX16Wx Software Sampler, a freeware software sampler instrument for Windows. TX16Wx is a sampling workstation, a sound mangler and a beat slicer. Version 2.0 adds … read more
CWI Technology has announced a public beta of TX16Wx 2.0, a software sampler instrument for Windows. After months of development and closed testing, I am proud to present the long awaited public beta of TX16Wx … read more
CWI Technology has released version 1.0 of the TX16Wx, a free multi-timbral software sampler modelled after professional hardware samplers from the 80s and 90s. TX16Wx is a 100% free VSTi Sampler with professional features and … read more
CWI Technology has updated TX16Wx, a free software sampler plugin for Windows. TX16Wx is a FREE, multitimbral VSTi Software Sampler instrument plugin, modelled after professional hardware samplers from the 80s and 90s. Changes since TX16Wx … read more
CWI Technology has released v0.9 beta of TX16Wx, a freeware sampler instrument plug-in for Windows. After several years of on/off development, I finally got my act together (somewhat) during July of 2011 and fixed the … read more