ArtVera has announced the release of ART Pyrite, a powerful atmospheric software synthesizer for Windows.
It creates unique variable Atmospheres, Soundscapes, Pads, Textures, Ambient, Sound Effects & Rhythmic and Melodic Sequences.
Running ART Pyrite 32 bit plugin in a 64 bit host might require a bridge-adapter/wrapper like JBridge.
This is not necessary if you use a 64 bit OS (Vista or Windows 7/8) and a 32 bit host.
This software synthesizer offers a wide spectrum of miscellaneous sounds, suitable for all music styles including NewAge and Movie Music.
You can easily create your own presets with basic sounds or by using sounds from external SF2 files. You also can create dynamic sequences by using wide possibilities of the modulation section and/or by using an included step sequencer for one oscillator, couple of oscillators or all oscillators. There is also available the Random button which can be used to change most of the parameters including changes of waveforms to create really unique sounds.
ART Pyrite features
- Two analog-style oscillators featuring 22 waveforms.
- Two digital-PCM oscillators powered by 256 different waveforms in two internal source banks.
- Two filters – 24db Lowpass and 12db Low/Highpass selectable.
- Two amplitude ADSR-style envelope generators.
- Two filter ADSR-style envelope generators.
- One 16-step polyphonic sequencer with Random button of Volume level (BPM syncable or manually).
- Two LFO with three amounts routed to nine different destinations (BPM syncable or manually).
- One Sample & Hold with three amounts routed to nine different destinations (BPM syncable or manually).
- One vLFO for very low frequency modulations (BPM syncable or manually).
- One specially modulated droning chorus for the digital-PCM oscillators (9 modes).
- One synced Cross-Stereo-Delay with feedback modulated by vLFO, LFO1, S&H or manually.
- One Reverb unit.
- One Random button to randomize different sets of waveforms and most parameters.
- The possibility to load external SF2 files into digital-PCM oscillators.
- MIDI Learn/CC Edit for most control elements.
- Inbuilt MIDI CC/Value displays and Bank/Preset Manager.
- 12 voices polyphony.
- Low CPU usage.
- Straightforward and readable UI – all control elements are on a single screen. Suitable for monitors with higher resolutions.
- Three full preset banks sorted to sound categories: Atmosphere-Pad, Atmosphere-Ambient-FX, Atmosphere-Melody-Rhythm.
- Most of presets have the setting to synchronisation of host tempo. These were made at default tempo 120 BPM.
- Additional presets made by Daniel Kemp.
- The separated SF2 file for the possibility to use it also in another software applications with SF2 support.
- Size of “RAR” archive is 147 MB – 218 MB uncompressed.
ART Pyrite for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for $60 USD. A free version with some limited features is available to download.
More information: ArtVera / ART Pyrite
Westgate Sounds has launched its Incantations 3 sound library.
Incantations 3 consists of 25 all new sounds made from vocal samples in the DNR Collaborative Developers Pack as well as some additional vocal samples of Daniel Kemp and Leilah Wendell and some vocal samples derived from public domain Gregorian Chants.
These samples were then programmed as wavesequences in Wusikstation and multi-sampled, resulting in the 25 chants of Incantations.
Incantations 3 features
- All sounds are looped and each Incantation is over 35 seconds long.
- Each Invocation was programmed using 4 WaveSequences (2 instances) in Wusikstation and then sampled.
- Incantations 3 is available in a SFZ/WAV version and a sf2 (soundfont) version.
- The SFZ/WAV version is 603 MB and contains 25 multi-sampled stereo sounds. There are also 25 nki files for Kontakt V2 and up to make it easier to load the sounds in Kontakt.
- The sf2 (soundfont) version is 301 MB and contains 25 multi-sampled mono sounds.
The library is available for $20 USD (SFZ/WAV version) / $15 USD (sf2 soundfont).
More information: Westgate Sounds / Incantations 3
Dangerous Bear Underground has announced the release of Metaverse Alchemy Library, a collection of sounds for Camel Audio’s Alchemy.
Metaverse Alchemy Library features
- 130 presets by by John Gibson, Daniel Kemp and Scott Simons.
- Sounds include pads, sound effects and soundscapes.
- Based on 3.48 GB of sfz samples + Alchemy factory samples.
The Metaverse Alchemy Library is available to purchase for $59 USD.
More information: Dangerous Bear Underground
Dangerous Bear Underground has announced the release of Deep Spaces and DroneWorx 2, two new sample libraries.
Deep Spaces / DroneWorx 2 features
- Deep Spaces Impulse Response Library is the creation of Alexandre Borcic and is focused on scales to create harmonies and drones, and also includes filters and other effects. The 4.93 gigabytes of samples are 24-bit, 96khz for the best sound quality.
- DroneWorx 2 is an update of the sample library created by John Gibson and Daniel Kemp, and includes 300 megabytes of new samples added to the nearly 500 megs of the original. The library is comprised of sounds taken from diverse sources such as synths and field recordings and extensively processed to create sustaining ambient beds and atmospheric soundscapes. Presets are included for Kontakt and Dimension, as well as the original content for those instruments plus Absynth and Rapture. Preset updates are scheduled for Absynth and Rapture.
Deep Spaces is available for purchase as a download for $100 USD, while DroneWorx 2 is priced at $60 USD. Delivery on DVD is +$10 USD.
More information: Dangerous Bear Underground
Dangerous Bear has released DroneWorx LE, a limited edition sneak preview library.
Based on the soundscaping experiments of John Gibson and Daniel Kemp, the 87 wav files in this mini-library are the tip of the iceberg-or of the spear.
This collection is a subset of the forthcoming WusikEngine-based VSTi Prometheus (winter 2008), and the DroneWorx sample library (spring 2008).
DroneWorx LE is only available until December 31st 2007, and costs $20 USD.
Visit Dangerous Bear for more information.
ArtVera Music has released Drumatoxin, a drum and percussion sound library for Wusikstation version 3.15 and higher. It is a sparkling collection of electronically processed drum and percussive sounds that can liven the most sagging … read more
Nucleus SoundLab has released VS Resurrection, the second volume in the Nucleus SoundLab Resurrection sample line, based on the vector synthesis of the Prophet VS. VS Resurrection includes all 94 classic waveforms from the VS … read more
Westgate has released Absynth Cryptotronix, a soundset for Native Instruments Absynth. Absynth Cryptotronix is composed of the 25 sounds of Cryptotronix and 25 additional sounds of Cryptotronix 2, provided by dBu – DangerousBear.com. The presets … read more