SampleBasement has announced MeanMopho, a free ReFill featuring the sounds of Mopho, the synthesizer by Dave Smith Instruments.
The sounds in MeanMopho have been created with the Dave Smith Instruments Mopho. An analog monophonic synth armed with 2 oscillators, 2 sub oscillators, Curtis low pass filter, audio feedback circuitry and heaps of modulation options. A great sounding little desktop synth with the same exact 100% analog circuitry used in the Prophet ’08. The Mopho may be small but the sounds which can be created with it are very powerful and very big.
MeanMopho can also be seen as a demo ReFill for Electric Avenue as the sounds included in MeanMopho originate from Electric Avenue (there are some Combinator patches unique to MeanMopho). MeanMopho is being released as a free ReFill so these sounds can be used royalty free according to the SB User License.
- 5 Multi-samples containing 18 sampled notes each.
- 25 Combinator patches.
- 30 NN-XT patches.
- All sample material has been recorded in 24 Bit, 44.1 KHz.
MeanMopho will be available as a free download on September 20, 2009.
More information: SampleBasement / MeanMopho
Dave Smith Instruments has announced Tetra, an analog polyphonic desktop synthesizer module.
Tetra takes the award-winning sound and features of Mopho, multiplies them by four, and packs them in a box less than half an inch larger!
Tetra has multiple personalities. It is a four-voice, analog poly synth, a sort of “mini Prophet.” It’s a four-part, multitimbral synth with separate outputs, essentially four Mophos in one very compact box. And it’s a voice expander for other Tetras or the Prophet ’08.
- Affordable, fully programmable poly synth with a 100% analog signal path.
- Classic, real analog sound—including legendary Curtis analog low-pass filter.
- Four-part multitimbral capability with four separate outputs.
- Combo Mode for huge unison patches, stacked sequences, and “modular-style” poly sounds.
- Expandable: poly chain with other Tetras, Prophet ’08, and Mopho for expanded polyphony
- Just 7.9″ x 5″ (20.07 cm x 12.7 cm).
- Free editor for Mac OS and Windows.
Tetra is available now with an MSRP of $879 USD and an MAP of $799 USD.
More information: Dave Smith Instruments
, Dave Smith Instruments
, Elevate Hope Foundation
, New Atlantis Audio
, samples and sound libraries
, Sequential Circuits
Posted in news
on May 14, 2009
New Atlantis Audio has released B.E.A.S.T., a complete realtime analog bass workstation for
Propellerhead Reason 4.
We’ve captured the raw, low-end sonic power from an arsenal of classic analog synths and infused it with the high-tech sophistication of Reason. We included the sounds of the original analog filters from each instrument, and gave you a dedicated Analog Knob to control them in realtime. The result is killer authentic vintage tone, brought to totally new places with the power of the Combinator, and your imagination.
B.E.A.S.T. also doubles as an extremely powerful filter, effects and modulation workstation for any of your Reason devices!
- 100 Combinator patches, 51 NN-19 sampler patches.
- Flexible. Tweakable. Powerful. — Operating from within a completely modular customdesigned rack, B.E.A.S.T. features a cache of high power audio weapons for all of your tracks. The extremely unique design allows for control and possibilities never seen before. There is a dedicated knob and button within fast reach for every function. Load up a single instance of B.E.A.S.T., configure your MIDI controller once, and jam for hours. Easily tap into the powerful filter, effects and modulation sections with dedicated ins and outs for external devices! The possibilities are endless.
- Built for Speed — Freely swap instrument sounds on the fly without effecting the rest of the rack or stopping the music. Bend, twist and mangle the fattest analog bass tones around in realtime with 4 independent LFOs in the custom modulation section. Make them pound and shake with a custom Thor-powered multimode filter section. Take them to totally new places with a stockpile of killer effects.
- Keeping It Real — Achieve genuine vintage status with the Analog Knob. That’s right, the sounds of the original analog filters are embedded in every instrument. Tweak the sound of TRUE ANALOG in realtime for sonic power that simply is not possible with software alone.
- The Sounds — The following analog monsters were sampled direct to disk at 24 bit, using identical high quality preamps, cables and A/D converters: ARP 2600, ARP Odyssey, ARP Axxe, Akai AX-60, Octave CAT, Moog Little Phatty, Moog Minimoog, Moog Memorymoog, Korg MaxiKorg, Korg MonoPoly, Korg MS-20, Dave Smith Evolver, Roland MC-202, Roland SH-101, Roland TB-303, Oberheim OB-8, Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 and the EDP Wasp.
B.E.A.S.T. is available as an instant download for $39.98 USD. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Elevate Hope Foundation (EHF).
A free demo (Reason Published Song) is available for download from the product page.
New Atlantis Audio has also updated Polar Elements:
It has doubled in size! We’ve added 50 brand new patches for a total 100 Combinators, and they are absolutely beautiful. Cleaned up a few routing issues, prettied up the original skin and added a new one that is quite lovely to look at. The patches are now organized by type for super convenient access. This update is free for all existing Polar Elements users, check your email for links.
Visit New Atlantis Audio for more information and audio demos.
Dave Smith Instruments is now shipping the Prophet ’08 Synthesizer Module, a tabletop “knobby” module with all of the features and controls of the Prophet ’08 Keyboard in an even more compact enclosure.
From the product page:
With real analog oscillators, famed Curtis low-pass filters, and analog VCAs, the Prophet ’08 is capable of reproducing the familiar sounds of its legendary predecessors. But modern features like a greatly expanded modulation matrix and additional modulation sources—like three envelopes and four LFOs per voice—take it way beyond the vintage gear and make this a worthy and unique addition to the Prophet family tree.
Prophet ’08 Module features
- 16 x 4 gated step sequencer.
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync.
- White noise generator.
- 1 Analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
- 3 Envelope Generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop.
- 4 LFOs.
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator.
- Analog VCAs.
- Rack mounted: 4U.
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain.
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced.
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced.
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4″ stereo phone jack.
The Prophet ’08 Module has a suggested retail price of $1649 ($1499 street).
Visit Dave Smith Instruments for more information.
Dave Smith has announced the Prophet ’08 on his website. Some speculation and images of this synth appeared on several sites earlier (Music Thing, Matrixsynth).
From the website:
The rumors are true. (Well, most of ‘em, anyway.) Dave has emerged from his underground lair (the Dave Cave?) with a fresh take on a classic, the all new Prophet ’08.
The Prophet ’08 is an eight-voice synthesizer with a 100% analog audio signal path. There will also be a number of Prophet ’08 Special Edition models, each of which will be hand-signed by Dave and which will feature lighted wheels (RED!) and exotic leopardwood end panels.
There is no release date known yet, but it will apparently be shipping very soon.
Keep your eye on Dave Smith Instruments for more information.
, Dave Smith Instruments
, random posts
Posted in random posts
on Aug 16, 2007
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on August 15th, 2007:
- Clay iPhone – Flickr photoset by vaughn235 – iPhone created in Sculpey Premo modeling clay for a prank on his wife.
- BlueFlash – Bluetooth/Disk Controller/Disk Image Archive Card for Apple ][
- Prophet ’08 – Eight voices, all analog. Shipping next week.
- iDJ2 – Mobile DJ Workstation with Universal Dock for iPod
- H2O iS2 – Waterproof housing for Apple iPod shuffle (2nd Gen)
I know it looks like I’m obsessed with things Apple. I’m not.