Sensomusic has released version 11 of its Usine Hollyhock music software for Windows and Mac.
Usine Hollyhock is a unique piece of software which introduces several revolutionary concepts.
Usine is dedicated to live music and real-time installations. It’s not a traditional Digital Audio Workstation so, it has a very specific approach.
Also it’s a modular environment, which means that, even if you can find many ready to use examples, the main goal is to create and customize your live set to fit it exactly to your needs.
Changes in Usine Hollyhock v11
- The listbox module is now opened centered on last selected.
- The internal Message module works now in sub patch.
- Flag MIDI input ports with MIDI LEARN on or off fixed.
- Most of Audio sound card last issues fixed.
- Wires from script outlets are pasted correctly now in sub patch.
- In the panner module, all the speaker-parameters are now saved.
- Fix a XY Pad Preset Manager bug.
- Fix the Matrix module Hiding Header causes enable icon to be hidden under top right cell.
- Fix the MIDI control of top level patch on/off.
- Fix the bad routing of signal in matrix midi 8×8.
- Fix the issues about the creation of stuck Midi notes.
Usine Hollyhock is available for purchase for 119 EUR.
More information: Sensomusic
Propellerhead has introduced Reason 8, a major new version of its award-winning Reason music production platform.
Reason 8 builds on the legendary music production software by introducing a completely redesigned user interface and streamlined workflow that makes it easy to create amazing music, faster than ever.
“Around the world, musicians and producers use Reason because it’s the most fun and inspiring music creation platform available,” said Leo Nathorst-Böös, Propellerhead Product Marketing Manager. “For Reason 8, we’ve taken everything people love about Reason and introduced a streamlined new user interface that makes it easier for new users to get started, and more fun for seasoned users to work faster.”
Reason 8 introduces a redesigned user interface with a whole new look and even smoother creative flow, while the new browser and search window provides immediate drag-and-drop access to inspiring samples, loops, and patches. Expanding on Reason’s included collection of instruments and effects are the new amps from Softube, bringing a variety of first-class guitar and bass tones to the rack. Countless workflow improvements make for a more streamlined music creation experience, allowing musicians and producers to move quickly from initial idea to a completed song. And with an ever-expanding selection of Rack Extension plug-ins available in the Propellerhead shop, Reason 8 provides everything users will ever need to make music.
Reason 8 will be available for purchase on September 30th, 2014 at the following suggested retail pricing:
- Reason 8: 405 EUR/$449 USD.
- Reason Essentials 8: 120 EUR/$129 USD.
- Reason 8 Upgrade (from any previous version): 129 EUR/$129 USD.
Propellerhead is also offering a grace period for customers who purchased Reason 7 on or after July 1st, 2014. Purchasing and registering a qualifying product today makes users eligible for a free upgrade to Reason 8 when it becomes available.
More information: Propellerhead Software / Reason 8
Image-Line’s FL Studio Guru has posted a video on FL Studio 32 vs 64 Bit, explaining the differences and similarities between the two versions of the music production software.
Since we launched FL Studio 64 Bit we’ve had a lot of questions from customers asking if they should switch from FL Studio 32 to 64 Bit. In this video we look at the differences and similarities between these two versions and hopefully make the decision a little clearer.
FL Studio 64 Bit is a free option for existing customers while new customers get FL Studio 32 and 64 Bit with no change to current FL Studio pricing. FL Studio 64 is available in a single unified FL Studio 32/64 Bit installer or as a 64 Bit update installer for any version of FL Studio 11.
FL Studio is available for purchase for $99 USD (Fruity Edition) / $199 USD (Producer Edition) / $299 USD (Signature Bundle). New Image-Line customers get a 10% discount on their order.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
Steinberg has released Nuendo 6.5, the latest version of its post and audio production software which includes a significant amount of professional tools and functionality, such as enhanced loudness processing, bass frequency management and a vastly improved Automatic Dialog Replacement (ADR) taker system.
The optional Nuendo Expansion Pack (NEK) also receives a 6.5 update that complements Nuendo’s comprehensive tool set with many features earlier introduced to Cubase 7.5.
“If I had to single out one feature in this latest point update, I would choose our ADR taker system which has undergone refinements that add to its reliability and expand the possibilities for recording voice and foley,” commented Timo Wildenhain, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
Fredo Gevaert, owner of Temple of Tune, one of Belgium’s leading post-production studios, adds: “Here at Temple of Tune we’re madly in love with the ADR toolset improvements, which we’ve secretly been using for foley recording, too. The track destinations and event naming are massive time savers.”
Nuendo 6.5 features
- Automated loudness processing to both industry standards such as EBU R128 and fully user-definable settings.
- Professional bass management including several routing and filter options coming with the new Bass Manager plug-in.
- ADR Taker 2.0 introduces a major update of Nuendo’s ADR taker system with enhancements for voice and foley recording such as new playback/recording modes, automated naming schemes and pre-record buffer.
- Nuendo TrackVersions allows for creating, renaming and managing parallel versions of the same track plus many additional features far beyond conventional playlists.
- Track visibility management speeds up handling especially of large projects by offering dynamic displaying of audio tracks and groups in the project window.
- Improved AAF Filter now supports even better import/export to Pro Tools and Media Composer.
- New monitoring and metering section for better source management and better overview on the most frequently used functions.
- Experience a richer sound with REVelation reverb and Magneto 2, a warm and smooth tape saturation plug-in.
- Track Quick Controls can now be saved as presets and loaded for immediate access.
- Steinberg Hub with direct access to user-defined folders and news section for the latest Nuendo product updates.
Nuendo 6.5 is available for MSRP 1,699 EUR. The Nuendo Expansion Kit 6.5 is 249 EUR. Prices including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / Nuendo
MuTools has released version 6 of its MuLab music production studio for Windows and Mac.
MuLab 6.0 features an enhanced look and feel and a rich collection of new and improved features throughout the app that all together seriously increase the creativity, comfort and productivity of MuLab.
Changes in MuLab v6.0
- Docked part editors that auto-follow the focused track.
- Direct buttons for showing/hiding the browser, mixing desk and session modular area.
- New “Export Consolidated Session” function for making a complete session folder for export to another system.
- New “Export Tracks As Audio Files” function which exports each main track as a separate audio file.
- All rendering-to-audio functions can now be interrupted by pressing ESC.
- Audio parts now give you full control over the fade-in and fade-out curves and show these curves on the audio data.
- Audio parts: When changing the gain or stereo pan in the part property panel, this is applied to all selected audio parts.
- Sequence parts: When changing the transpose or velocity in the part property panel, this is applied to all selected sequence parts.
- New “Add New MuSampla Track” function.
- New “Insert Time Slice” and “Delete Time Slice” functions.
- New “Select Similar Sequence Parts” function.
- New “Increase Tempo”, “Decrease Tempo”, “Half Tempo” and “Double Tempo” shortcut functions.
- Part Editors
- Sequence editor now has two tools: The standard arrow tool (cfr M5) and the pencil tool which makes it easier to quickly insert and delete notes with a single click.
- Sequence editor now has an event property panel for quickly changing the (selected) event values in an alternative way. With optimized undo/redo support so to avoid redundant undo/redo steps!
- New “Transpose -1″, “Transpose +1″, “Transpose -12″, “Transpose +12″ sequence shortcut functions.
- Envelope editor now has an envelope point property panel, similar to the event property panel in the sequence editor.
- Audio-, sequence- and automation editors now much more clearly indicate the active/inactive region.
- Improved Event List Editor: Better layout + events that are outside the actual play region are grayed.
- Event Graph Editor: Support for individual note keys, which is handy to select the velocities of a certain key.
- MUX Modular
- New MuSampla version 2.
- Improved MuDrum:
- Improved mix-racks.
- MuDrum sampler plug-in slots now also have an explicit On/Off button.
- MuDrum: Pad editor is switched also when playing the pads.
- MultiSampla now has 4 stereo outputs so you can route specific zones to a separate output.
- Modular Feedback Delay now has a “Invert Feedback” switch.
- Rack slots and module buttons now include a process on/off switch.
- Multi-sample editor: Zone editor now integrated as a docked sub-editor.
- Added support for note key names e.g. for when a target module defines C3 as “Kick”, D3 as “Snare” etc.
- All embedded sample displays (e.g. in MuSampla and in the multi-sample zones) are fully functional now.
- New “Focus Previous Rack” and “Focus Next Rack” shortcut functions. These functions make it possible to also use MuLab as a stage rack with a bunch of preset racks that can be selected via MIDI.
- Improved curve editing: Curve edit fields (e.g. in the Audio Balancers) now support direct editing i.e. (alt+) drag up/down to change the curve without having to open the curve editor. Opening the curve editor is done via double-click. Plus other detailed improvements wrt curve editing.
- Improved and extended browser functionality.
- Added support for saving/reloading the sample markers near the source sample file.
- Optimized audio engine which should result in less drop-outs when high CPU load on certain systems.
- Many more preferences so to tune MuLab to your flavor.
- Improved look and feel.
- Improved factory library.
- Many more improvements which all together make a big difference.
MuLab 6 UL is available for purchase for 69 EUR. The upgrade from MuLab 5 UL is 17 EUR, and MuLab XT users can upgrade for 45 EUR until August 31st (regular 59 EUR). MuLab Free can be downloaded from the MuTools website.
More information: MuTools
Cockos has released version 4.7 of Reaper, the music production software for Windows and Mac.
REAPER is digital audio workstation software: a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment.
Changes in Reaper v4.7
- Project settings: better media format options for glue/apply FX, etc.
- Able to select a preset when loading an FX.
- More commands added to project tabs context menu, including Close all projects but current.
- Multiple files can be opened together, each in its own project tab.
- Project Tab close button can be dragged and dropped to left or right.
- Media Explorer options now include Preserve pitch shift when changing media, Pitch shift knob behavior (now configurable), Always show waveform peaks for selected media, Display preview positions in tenths of seconds, Auto-stop preview after adding media and Add current folder to shortcut list.
- Item Properties dialog: Position and Length can be displayed as time, beats or HMSF.
- New option on MIDI Editor Customize note names menu to Merge note names from file …
- New MIDI Editor mouse modifier contexts for MIDI source loop and marker and MIDI marker/region lane.
- ReaVerb usage tips.
- File Consolidate/Export: more options explained.
- Project rendering: more options explained.
- New option under Preferences, General to open last active project, all previously open project tabs, new project, or prompt. More options explained.
- Performance Meter data is now sortable: also ReaMote column added when ReaMote is enabled.
- Check the changelog for full details.
Cockos has also updated its ReaPlugs effect plugins to version 2.2, adding a 64-bit version and updates for ReaJS.
More information: Reaper
Image-Line has announced the release of a 64-bit version of its FL Studio music production software.
FL Studio 64 Bit is a free option for existing customers while new customers get FL Studio 32 and 64 Bit with no change to current FL Studio pricing.
FL Studio 64 is available in a single unified FL Studio 32/64 Bit installer or as a 64 Bit update installer for any version of FL Studio 11.
FL Studio 64 Bit features
- Access up to 512 GB memory, depending on your Windows version.
- 32 Bit bridged and 64 Bit native VST plugin support.
- Project compatibility between 32 and 64 Bit versions.
- FL Studio available as a 64 Bit VST plugin for use in 64 Bit VST hosts.
- Limitations: The following features & plugins rely on 3rd party code that is not available in 64 Bit at this time – Buzz Adapter, Edison ‘Clean Audio’ function*, FL Slayer, Fruity Soundfont Player*, Synthmaker/Flowstone*, Wasp/Wasp XT (*Planned for a future 64 Bit update).
Find more details on the 64-bit update at this news post.
FL Studio is available for purchase in various editions, starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers can save 10% off a purchase here.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio