Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Nov 05, 2013
Steinberg has announced the Cubase BackPack, a portable recording and production solution featuring Cubase Artist 7 and the UR22 interface that ensures a charitable contribution to sustainable development in Africa.
“With Cubase BackPack, we’re offering immediate savings on Cubase Artist and the UR22 audio interface,” comments Stefan Schreiber, product marketing manager at Steinberg. “But more importantly, by teaming up with Joint Aid Management, every purchased bundle supports a child in Africa with food for an entire month.”
Cubase Artist 7 includes eight VST instruments including HALion Sonic SE, the Padshop granular synth and Retrologue plus a suite of 43 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors.
The UR22 USB 2.0 audio interface boasts 192 kHz audio quality, with two TRS/XLR combo inputs, two TRS outputs, MIDI connectivity and a single headphone output for latency-free monitoring. Its two studio-grade D-PRE mic preamps provide switchable phantom power for using all types of microphones.
Steinberg is donating a portion of the profits from the Cubase BackPack sales to Joint Aid Management, a humanitarian organization that offers sustainable development in Africa since 1984 and currently helps around 1,000,000 children through its nutritional feeding program.
Head of JAM Deutschland Sabine Wenz says: “We’re happy about the smooth cooperation with Steinberg, and their contribution to our cause.”
Cubase BackPack features
- Cubase Artist 7 music production system with complete audio/MIDI recording, editing and mixing tools.
- UR22 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface with 2 D-PRE Class-A discrete mic preamps supporting +48 V.
- Analog 2 in and 2 out plus headphone output with individual volume control.
- MIDI input and output for connecting of external gear.
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation.
- Includes 8 outstanding virtual instruments with over 2,000 presets, including new HALion Sonic SE workstation, Padshop granular synth and Retrologue virtual analog synth plus MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine.
- Comes with a suite of 43 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction, VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite, DJ-EQ and MorphFilter.
- Latency-free hardware-based monitoring with a Mix knob.
- Cross-platform 32-/64-bit software application and drivers for Windows and Mac OS X Intel.
Cubase BackPack is available at selected Steinberg resellers for MSRP 349 EUR, including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase BackPack
Sensomusic has released version 1.02.012 of its Usine Hollyhock music software dedicated to live music and real-time installations.
You’ll find 3 new devices modules: the Leap Motion module, the serial port module (to work with Arduino and other serial devices) and the Wiimote module – create interaction with movements and gestures with the Leap motion, build your own MIDI devices with the Arduino and sensors and conduct your patches with the Wiimote.
Changes in Usine Hollyhock v1.02.012
- New modules: Serial and Arduino, Wiimote, Leap Motion, Clock, Count milliseconds, Change Scale, Counter, Quantize Data, Quantize Button, Quantize MIDI.
- Improved MIDI clock management: directly included into the devices. Much more accurate and precise.
- Improvements in the Doppler library patch, Queue Data in Array module, and MIDI Quantize sub patch.
- Fixed: important memory crash on store/recall preset of plug-ins.
- Fixed: [Report #9] on plug-ins module, ‘params’ and ‘params names’ doesn’t update when changing preset.
- Fixed: [Report #31] on plug-ins module, param value in setting panel doesn’t update when manipulated by patch.
- Fixed: plug-ins module, in some case, bypass produces noise.
- Fixed: various details in the Ramp module.
- Fixed: mapping curves doesn’t work properly on binds.
- Fixed: [Report #39] buttons and commands colors of the preset manager.
Usine Hollyhock for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 159 EUR (20% off regular 199 EUR).
More information: Sensomusic
, instrument plugins
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Oct 31, 2013
Native Instruments has announced the release of MASCHINE STUDIO and MASCHINE 2.0, the new flagship groove production studio and next generation of MASCHINE software.
MASCHINE STUDIO is the flagship music production system for tactile, creative beatmaking with an acclaimed sound library.
MASCHINE STUDIO joins the acclaimed family of MASCHINE products with expanded tactile control and two hi-resolution color displays. Powerful new MASCHINE 2.0 delivers a new mixer page, new audio engine, dynamic drum synth plug-ins, and much more to all three MASCHINE hardware versions.
Create and perform rhythms, harmonies, and melodies faster than you ever thought possible. MASCHINE STUDIO’s workflow keeps you laser-focused on the quest for the perfect groove. Its pattern-based sequencer and high-performance sampler, exemplary drum synths, incredible suite of creative effects and pro instruments, and acclaimed sound library deliver ultimate production power.
And MASCHINE STUDIO’s impressive hardware delivers full tactile workflow.
Maschine Studio is available to purchase for $999 USD / 999 EUR (includes Maschine 2.0). Current Maschine users can upgrade to Maschine 2.0 for $99 USD / 99 EUR.
Customers who purchased Maschine/Maschine Mikro between October 1st-November 1st, 2013 will receive a free download for Maschine 2.0 on November 1st, 2013.
More information: Native Instruments / Maschine Studio
Bremmers Audio Design has released version 7.5 of its MultitrackStudio audio/MIDI multitrack recording software for Windows and Mac.
MultitrackStudio is a virtual multitrack studio. You can record and play audio and MIDI tracks, edit them, and mixdown to stereo. The straightforward and uncluttered user-interface has been designed with tape-based recording in mind. Mixer sections are oriented horizontally (as opposed to the more familiar vertical layout), allowing them to include an editor as well. The editing tools are aimed at correcting mistakes. MIDI tracks have been made to look like audio tracks as much as possible.
Changes in MultitrackStudio v7.5
- MultitrackStudio Remote for iPad — The new MultitrackStudio Remote app for iPad turns your iPad into a powerful remote control for MultitrackStudio:
- Control the transport, including VariSpeed, markers and cycling.
- Add and control tracks, groups, effect returns (up to 3) and the master section.
- Add and control effects and MIDI instruments.
- Toggle the Monitor / Punch / Sound On Sound buttons.
- Control the click track and the MIDI Keyboard Splitter.
- More effect slots — Mixer sections can now optionally have 6 effect slots rather than just 3. There’s an ‘Effect Slots’ setting the the Preferences window. 6 slot songs are fully compatible with 3-slot MultitrackStudio versions, old or new. The extra effects will appear in a Multi Effect.
- Half Solo — Double clicking a Solo button invokes ‘half solo’: other tracks will be attenuated by 12dB rather than muted fully. The Solo button reads ‘H’ in half solo mode.
- VST/AU effect midi output recording — Some plugins generate MIDI data (“MIDI Guitar” for example). This MIDI output is now merged with the data coming from MIDI input devices, so you can record it to a MIDI track.
- Sampler supports Modulation controller (#1).
- VSTi plugins: drum editor can use text file with instrument names.
- VST/AU output mixer has level meters.
- VST/AU output mixer supports multiple solo and half solo.
- Level meter of recording audio track shows peak level since transport start (dimmed segment).
- Mac version takes advantage of Retina displays.
- Practice Mode now works with speed-only VariSpeed mode (Pro Plus edition).
- Support for Mackie Control and HUI control surface level meters and transport counter.
- Improved pen (stylus) support: easier scrolling and optional onscreen keyboards.
- (Mac) Improved VST/AU compatibility.
- (Windows) Improved MIDI recording timing accuracy.
- Compatible with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 8.1.
- Various other improvements and bug fixes.
MultitrackStudio is available to purchase for $69 USD (Professional) / $119 USD (Pro Plus). The update is free for users who purchased MultitrackStudio after September 1st, 2012. Older versions can be upgraded for $23 USD (Professional) / $39 USD (Pro Plus). The MultitrackStudio Remote app is a free download at the App Store.
More information: Bremmers Audio Design
The Rosegarden team has released version 13.10 of the Rosegarden MIDI sequencer that features a rich understanding of music notation along with basic support for digital audio.
This release adds a few minor features and fixes a goodly number of bad bugs. The most interesting new features are a new configuration option that allows you to avoid starting JACK when Rosegarden starts, and a new Interpret Toolbar in the notation editor that provides a streamlined way of applying the interpretations formerly only accessible through the Interpret dialog.
Changes in Rosegarden v13.10
- New features:
- Selection event filter can select rests.
- Selection event filter can select either performance or notation duration.
- LilyPond export converts a or a (C) in the copyright header to a proper symbol automatically.
- New interpretation toolbar for the notation editor streamlines the Adjust ? Interpret process.
- New option to allow LilyPond to export fingerings inside the staff (can improve collision resolution).
- New option to instruct Rosegarden not to start JACK automatically at startup, allowing you to control this behavior without having to put garbage in your ~/.jackdrc file.
- Support LilyPond 2.14.
- Bug fixes:
- Pitch Bend Sequence Dialog, number of steps must be positive.
- Fix disconnected move up staff / move down staff commands.
- Fix sysex import dialog black-on-black problem.
- Fix for #1372 Rests of new segments don’t adapt to time signature changes. From Daniel Gloeckner.
- Fix a refresh bug introduced in r13273 and present in 13.06 involving deleting contemporaneous segments on a track. This may have broken CompositionView refresh in other cases as well.
- Fix UTF8 in track and segment names.
- Fix the update of notation editors when a track name is changed.
- Fix a “No such key” bug in the key signature dialog.
- Fix MIDI thru latency issue when recording.
- Fix repeating segments so they function when overlapping on one track.
- Fix tuplet numbers drawing in black when they should be other colors.
- Fix several interconnected bugs related to MIDI export that were causing a variety of problems due to issues with bad event ordering and the introduction of spurious controllers.
- Fix problems when recording past the end of the composition.
- Fix various crashes when pasting.
- Fix crash when attempting to import programs from .sfArk files (format not supported).
The source code of Rosegarden 13.10 is now available to download, as well as some binary packages for popular Linux distributions.
More information: Rosegarden