Bitwig has announced the release of Bitwig Studio, a multi-platform music-creation system for production, performance and DJing, with a focus on flexible editing tools and a super-fast workflow.
Record and arrange, improvise and perform, or do it all at once. Choose between several display profiles. Design your own sounds with dedicated container devices. Combine built-in instruments, effects, and VST plug-ins.
Bitwig Studio’s unified mapping system allows you to modulate any device or VST parameter using macro controls and modulator devices. Explore a new world of creative possibilities, including audio and note expressions, histogram-based value editing, layered editing, extensive bounce-in-place functions, automatic slicing, smart controller integration, and the Open Controller Scripting API.
Every feature in Bitwig Studio was developed by musicians, for musicians. Welcome to the next generation of music creation and performance software for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
Bitwig Studio features
- Cross-platform DAW (Windows, OS X, Linux).
- Intuitive non-linear sequencing for the studio world and beyond.
- Full multi-core and multi-processor support.
- VST 2.4 support with built-in 32-/64-bit bridging and plug-in crash protection.
- Proprietary time-stretching technology.
- Unlimited Audio Tracks.
- Unlimited Effect Tracks.
- Multi-display support for up to 3 displays.
- Unlimited Note Tracks.
- Unified Modulation System: Use Macro Controls, Note Expressions, LFOs, and Envelope Followers to modulate any device parameter, including nested internal devices and even VST plug-ins.
- Note and Audio expressions, including per-note Micro-Pitch Control.
- Automatic sample slicing to both Sampler or Drum Machine.
- Record and edit both track and clip automation in absolute and relative modes.
- Support for numerous MIDI controllers out of the box.
- Multiple tools for specific tasks and editing workflows.
- Macro Controls per device, as well as dedicated Device Panel Mappings with color-coded knobs and buttons for an overview at a glance.
- Advanced layered editing.
- Open Controller API: Lets you create and customize functionality for virtually any MIDI controller, including scripting access to nearly every feature of Bitwig Studio.
- File import: WAV, MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, and Ogg Vorbis.
- A PDF Manual is included with the Bitwig Studio application in English and Japanese.
Bitwig Studio for Windows, Mac, and Linux is available as a download, priced at $399 USD / 299 EUR. A boxed version is available from distributors for MSRP $449.99 USD / 329 EUR / £279 GBP.
More information: Bitwig
XT Software has released version 2.7 beta 2 for Windows and Mac of its energyXT music production software.
With energyXT you will be creating tracks faster than with any other music application
Changes in energyXT v2.7 beta 2
- Added level per audio clip.
- New mixer panel in sequencer (like in v1.4).
- Track presets.
- Duplicate track will now also copy arp data.
- Drag & drop plugins on to MIDI tracks will now replace current plugin(s), unless shift or alt is pressed.
- Enter values for velocity and controller data manually in object bar.
- Added speedbuttons for transposing by octave in objectbar.
- Copy/paste controller data.
- Render audio to drum pad.
- Add up to 8 favorite VST params for each track (using VST plugin) in the mixer with MIDI controller support.
- Rewind will now restart current marker in marker-track mode.
- Width of track panel now saved with project.
- Added mute/solo highlight state in GUI editor.
- Record VST automation with MIDI controllers (using favorite params mapping on track).
energyXT is currently available to purchase for 39 EUR (regular 59 EUR). The new beta is available to download here.
More information: XT Software
, FL Studio
Posted in news
on Mar 18, 2014 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced a contest in collaboration with Novation, giving away 10 bundles of the Launchpad S and FL Studio Producer Edition.
We’re teaming up with our friends at Novation to give away TEN bundles of a Launchpad S and FL Studio Producer Edition (or IL VCash equivalent to be used in the Image-Line shop if you already own FL Studio). Don’t forget FL Studio also includes Lifetime Free Updates.
To enter the contest you need to name one track used in the performance above. The contest ends March 28th, 2014, at 16:00 GMT.
More information: FL Studio / Launchpad S contest
Cakewalk has announced its upcoming free SONAR X3e update, which will be available later this month.
Suitable for all three versions of the SONAR family (X3, X3 Studio, and X3 Producer), this update continues to focus on direct “wish list” feedback from Cakewalk customers.
SONAR X3e is the fifth free update since the X3 launch in September 2013, and features nearly 100 enhancements including improvements to the audio engine, loop recording, ARA (Audio Random Access), comping, and much more. SONAR X3e once again reinforces Cakewalk’s commitment to supporting the ever-growing number of users who have embraced SONAR X3’s superior workflow, functionality, and exceptional versatility.
“The continuing success of SONAR X3 is the result of what has essentially become a partnership with our user base. Their suggestions for enhancements have not only provided detailed, intelligent feedback, but inspired us to continue building on SONAR X3’s stability and functionality” said Cakewalk Product Manager Bill Jackson. “We are happy to release such a comprehensive list of enhancements to our loyal user base.”
The SONAR X3 family comprises SONAR X3 ($99), which delivers extraordinary value; SONAR X3 Studio ($199), targeted to advanced home and project studios; and SONAR X3 Producer ($499), designed to meet the demands of professionals who require a program with the versatility to handle any kind of project.
More information: Cakewalk / SONAR X3
Nektar has announced the deep integration with the Bitwig Studio DAW and the Nektar Panorama range of controllers featuring the unique and musician friendly direct DAW integration Nektar P series Keyboards are famous for.
From day one, Bitwig Studio will benefit from the extensive and transparent Panorama workflow integration that allows for controlling the Bitwig Studio mixer, instruments, effects, transport plus clip and scene launching right from Panorama P1, P4 or P6.
Building on Panorama’s workflow concept developed first for Reason and Cubase, additional functionality has been added to take full advantage of the Bitwig Studio controller API. This includes the ability to browse the instrument and effects device libraries of patches by category or creator, right from Panorama.
A step sequencer has also been included using the 8 LED buttons to program any of the up to 32 steps in a sequence. Panorama creates the events directly in Bitwig Studio so they are instantly part of a song and ready for further manipulation.
Taking advantage of the pads on the Panorama P4 and P6, it’s possible to trigger, create and record clips and scenes in absolute real-time. The Panorama display provides constant updates to show which clips are currently active, including the name of the clips available on the current track.
All things considered and also taking into account the compatibility of BitWig Studio with VST plug-ins, full navigation of all devices and their parameters, complete mixer control including motorized fader – the Panorama/Bitwig Studio combination may well be the most advanced hardware/software combination to date.
Registered owners of Panorama will be able to download the Panorama Bitwig Studio installer on March 26th, 2014.
More information: Nektar
Zynewave has released version 3.2.1 of Podium Free, a free music production software for Windows.
Podium is a modern digital audio workstation (DAW) for Windows. It supports recording and editing of audio and MIDI, and hosts VST instrument and effect plugins.
Podium Free is a freeware edition of Podium. It is fully functional with only a few feature limitations. Download and installation does not require registration.
Changes in Podium Free v3.2.1
- Podium Free is available as both 64-bit (x64) and 32-bit (x86) builds.
- Support for Unicode file names and text input.
- New “Control Surfaces” page in the Audio/MIDI setup dialog. Up to eight Mackie Control compatible devices can be configured.
- Support for jBridge x86/x64 VST plugin wrapper.
- The installer allows specifying separate installation paths for Podium Free and the bundled Zynewave plugins.
- The installer includes an updated Podium Guide html document. Selecting context help in Podium will open this document instead of opening the online guide on the Zynewave website.
- Included a new Podium Release History html document that can be opened from the Podium Help menu.
- Reorganized the edit menu. Inactive menu commands that were previously hidden are now shown as grayed out, to make the appearance of the edit menu more consistent.
- Added several new edit menu commands to the note, curve and arrangement editors. Some of the commands open dialogs for adjusting velocities, transposition, curve points and sound events.
- Added several new mouse edit shortcuts to the velocity region. The shortcuts are listed in the popup help for the note velocity mode buttons.
- Support for mice with 4-way scroll wheel.
- Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
Podium Free is available to download for Windows.
More information: Zynewave / Podium Free
Swedish music machine maker Elektron announces the forthcoming Overbridge implementation for Analog Four, Analog Keys, and Analog Rytm.
This breakthrough technology completely erases the line between analog hardware and software plug-in instruments.
For the first time in history, seamless DAW integration of analog synthesizers and drum machines is a reality.
- Full VST/AU control — Thanks to Overbridge, the Analog range of Elektron machines can be deeply integrated with PC and Mac computers. The customized and machine specific software plugins, available in VST and AU formats, give direct parameter access over USB and allows efficient DAW based sound editing and sequencing. Overbridge merges the functionality of software plug-ins with the unmatched sound of analog hardware.
- Bi-directional USB audio streaming — Overbridge makes multi tracking easy. Connect a USB cable and record multiple Elektron machine voices to separate DAW tracks in 24 bit quality. Or send audio from a DAW, process it with the analog circuitry of the Elektron machines and bring back the results to a new DAW track all over a single USB cable and without timing issues. Overbridge even allows the Analog range of machines to be used as multi-channel USB sound cards.
- Total recall — Management of analog sounds and sequences has never been easier. Any adjustments made either directly on the Elektron hardware or via the software plug-in can be automatically recalled when loading a DAW project. Overbridge offers ultimate convenience when handling Elektron machine data.
Overbridge will be a part of a free OS update expected to be released Q4 2014. The OS update will work on all Analog Four, Analog Keys, and Analog Rytm units in existence.
More information: Elektron