MuTools has released version 5.5.1 of the MuLab and MUX Vst music production software.
MuLab is a rich and rock solid sound and music production tool for Mac OSX and Windows, designed to create, record, edit and finalize Your Music!
MUX is a great sounding and super flexible modular synth and effect engine and the sonic heart of MuLab. MUX is also available as VST plugin.
The seamless integration of a modular sound engine into a great DAW is what makes MuLab unique.
Changes in MuLab/MUX Vst v5.5.1
- New “Note Mapper” module. Can be used to map single notes to chords, apply a key scale, …
- New “Audio Pos/Neg Splitter” module.
- MUX Vst: Now 100% compatible with Steinberg’s Cubase and WaveLab.
- Improved editing in the Composer, Note Editor and Multi-Sample Editors.
- MuLab OSX: Fixed a problem with certain VST editors turning white.
- More details in the changelog.
MuLab is available to purchase for 29 EUR (XT) / 69 EUR (UL), MUX Vst costs 49 EUR. A bundle of both is 99 EUR.
More information: MuTools
Posted in news
on Mar 05, 2014 - 0 comments
WaveDNA has released version 1.3.2 of its Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro beat making software.
Liquid Rhythm now allows drag and drop of MIDI to your DAW or desktop.
The latest update includes a number of bug fixes and improvements, and the new ability to drag and drop MIDI arrangements out of Liquid Rhythm and either into any MIDI-capable DAW or onto the desktop. WaveDNA is also improving MIDI scripting support for the Ableton Push controller within the Liquid Rhythm MaxForLive bridge. The release features a beta version of that implementation.
Note: To use the MaxForLive Clips plugin in Ableton Live 9, update you Max to version 6.1.6 before installing Liquid Rhythm (Max must be installed first).
Changes in Liquid Rhythm v1.3.2
- New features:
- Drag & Drop MIDI from Liquid Rhythm (standalone or plugin-VST/AU/RTAS) into your favourite Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) (Click and drag on the dotted square in the transport. Right-click on it to adjust preferences for the drag and drop).
- Choose a BeatForm directly using dropdown menus for each beat under the dials in the BeatForm Tumbler.
- Improvements and updates:
- Liquid Rhythm’s MaxForLive Clips patch has been redone to show a button that opens up the main window.
- Ability to audition the individual elements of a kit when right clicked on the kit within the library.
- Standalone mode has a new option, that when moving the loop region, confines the playhead to it.
- Consolidated installer for all plugin modes. (Note: In the installer for Mac, the MaxForLive Clips plugin indicates that it’s 0 bytes in size. This is normal.)
- Silent instruments (instruments without samples) will now send MIDI notes in plugin and standalone mode. (Useful for connecting another MIDI device to Liquid Rhythm to use as a controller.)
- Mute/Solo changes in an Ableton Live drum rack are now automatically updated in Liquid Rhythm.
- Performance improvements when selecting regions in the arranger.
- Walkthrough would sometimes crash when attempting to access a part of the Liquid Rhythm window that was not visible.
- Changing the colour of multiple tracks and pressing undo wouldn’t revert the colour changes.
- BeatForm Mute toggle on Medium and Weak wouldn’t toggle.
- When selecting a clip in Live, the first instrument track in Liquid Rhythm wouldn’t be selected by default; instead it would have the ‘focused region’ indicator, with some other track selected.
- Mouse Wheel now consistently scrolls horizontally across the molecule tools panel. If you need to scroll vertically in a sub-panel, hold down Alt or Option key with the mouse wheel.
- On some setups, the audio engine would sometimes cause an error on startup (it would access memory when it wasn’t ready).
- MIDI Export Wizard and Audio Export Wizard would sometimes appear behind the application, and appear like the system is hung. Now forcing it to appear in front.
- Downloading a new kit with standalone or plugin would cause a crash when simultaneously using the library.
- If the ‘welcome to Liquid Rhythm’ window was closed, the menu bars would remain disabled in MaxForLive Liquid Clips mode.
- Moving the loop region very quickly in clip mode would cause the loop region to grow.
- Bug in destructive record fixed, where recording in destructive mode and changing in the arranger with the mouse at the same time would cause a crash.
- BeatWeaver would disable in note edit mode when selecting a note even though there is region focus.
- Windows XP now installs Liquid Rhythm MaxForLive mode automatically.
- Accent Modifier note highlights would sometimes get stuck on-screen if you press the escape key.
- BarForm Family in-place dropdown menu in the arranger wasn’t working.
- Beta features:
- Continuing improvements to the Push.
- Visual display of the active locations in the track.
- Added support for the BeatForm Tumblers.
- Users can now select the instruments to edit by switching to ‘Ableton control mode’ on the Push and tapping the appropriate instrument button on the drum pads (bottom left quadrant of Push buttons), and then switching back to ‘User mode’.
- Ability to enter ‘Ableton control mode’ without having to deactivate ‘User mode’ first.
- Command Dialer allows customizing the buttons on the Arrange page.
- Various performance and stability improvements.
Liquid Rhythm for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $129 USD; Liquid Rhythm Intro is $49 USD.
More information: WaveDNA
Tracktion Software Corporation has released version 5.2.2 of Tracktion, the music production software for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Tracktion v5.2.2
- Added sequencer channel note shifting.
- Added means of swiftly toggling sequencer notes in a consistent pattern.
- Added groove template support to sequencer channels.
- Added an option to restore audio settings to defaults.
- Added a way to create a new plugin by right-clicking on an existing plugin item.
- Fix for file render paths not updating when changed.
- Fix for cleaning up some temp files.
- Fix for wrapping plugins in racks.
- Fix for some VST3 plugins.
- Fix for per-clip filter automation when drag-copying clips.
- Fix for restoring the default wave output.
- Fix for restoring the default wave output.
- Fix for edit clip renders having to be regenerated.
Tracktion is available to purchase for $59.99 USD.
More information: Tracktion
Sensomusic has announced Usine Hollyhock 1.1, a major improvement to music software dedicated to live music and real-time installations.
We made a particular effort to improve the stability and the efficiency of the audio engine.
Usine 1.1 provides a new global ergonomics and design to make Usine simpler than ever with a fresh and user friendly interface.
Also a powerful help system has been implemented to support new users.
Changes in Usine Hollyhock v1.1
- The audio engine is much more efficient.
- Global speed optimization more than 20% on heavy workspaces.
- Loading of patches and workspaces is 2x faster.
- Saving of patches and workspaces is 10x faster.
- More stable than ever.
- Many other improvements, and bugs fixed.
Usine Hollyhock for Windows and Mac is currently available to purchase for 119 EUR (30% off regular of 179 EUR). The update from previous version of Usine is 49 EUR (regular 79 EUR).
More information: Sensomusic
Posted in news
on Feb 12, 2014 - 0 comments
WaveDNA has released version 1.3.1 of Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro, the MIDI sequencer and beat creation software for Windows and Mac.
We haven’t had an update to Liquid Rhythm in a while. Our release cycles are generally short, but the winter season has been very busy for us. Christmas was fun, NAMM was exciting, the snow… My goodness, so much snow. We’re finally releasing an update to our last major release.
It contains many bugfixes, a few enhancements to features, and most notably, the ability to control Liquid Rhythm using the Novation Launchpad S through the MaxForLive Clips Mode via Ableton Live.
We’ve had Launchpad support for standalone, and now we have support for Ableton Live users with the MaxForLive Clip mode for Liquid Rhythm. We’re also working on bringing MIDI scripting support to Ableton’s Push controller. This release features a beta version of that implementation – it’s a lot of fun! (Though we’re still ironing out the kinks.)
Details on what’s new in version 1.3.1 can be found here.
Liquid Rhythm is available to purchase for $129 USD/$49 USD (Intro).
More information: WaveDNA
Steinberg has announced updates for its Cubase and Nuendo software products.
Steinberg is happy to announce the availability of new maintenance updates for Cubase 7, Cubase Artist 7, Cubase Elements 7, Cubase AI 7, Cubase LE 7 and Nuendo 6.
The 7.0.7 update for Cubase and the 6.0.7 update for Nuendo resolve several issues in areas such as MixConsole, project management and plug-ins.
Plus, the Nuendo 6.0.7 update includes an important rewrite of the AAF import filter, fixing issues occurring with AAF import of Pro Tools and Media Composer files.
All updates are now available for free download from the Steinberg website.
More information: Steinberg
, audio player
Posted in news
on Jan 23, 2014 - 0 comments
Seelake has announced its AudioStation X64 and 3D AudioStation workstations.
AudioStation X64 is a powerful hardware workstation for live shows, designed as a player for VST plug-ins with a fully-featured mixer, multitrack audio player with Audio/MIDI click, advanced MIDI patchbay, several audio and MIDI inputs and outputs, and is fully manageable from a dedicated remote controller or from an iPad.
AudioStation X64 features
- 64-bit embedded-type OS based on the Microsoft Windows 7 kernel, specifically built and optimized for audio signal processing.
- Intel i5 and i7 quad-core CPUs.
- Up to 32GB memory.
- 64-bit VST host-mixer with 32-bit bridge, 100% compatible with any 64-bit and 32-bit VST plugins on the market.
- Support for any MIDI-USB and Ethernet controllers.
- Remotely controlled and programmed also from iPad via WiFi (the WiFi signal is generated from AudioStation – no Internet connection or extra hardware needed).
- Even more functions to control the parameters of the plugins.
- Compatible with any DAW and music software for Windows 7.
The 3D AudioStation is a workstation for 3D multichannel audio.
It meets requirements for multi-channel production from 5.1 to 3D spatialization for live. A suite of proprietary plug-ins provides all the most important techniques of spatial 3D, including the latest Auto Depth Spherical Surround of 3D AudioStation.
This workstation allows you to use these technologies in critical contexts, such as live concerts, theatrical performances and live electronics, in addition to audio post-production studio.
Seelake will showcase its products at Winter NAMM 2014, booth #7410, Hall A & Arena.
More information: Seelake