XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS DeeS, a new transparent de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With the help of the XILS DeeS you can get rid of all the Voice recordings faults and problems in a flash, while preserving their unique, precious character.
Getting clean, professional vocals, dubbing recordings, restoring voices in all their beauty has never been so easy.
- Easy to use: Find the sweet spot in a flash and remove all unwanted signals. Just move the Frequency Knob and apply Reduction. No more sibilance.
- Easy to understand: Clear Dual Signal path. Solo buttons for each channel (Voice, Sibilants).
- Visualize what you do: Instant Correlation between ears, eye and brain in a glance with the fast, precise 4 signals real time Frequency Graph (Bottom of unit).
- Easy to tweak: Go further and adapt the character of a voice to your project. Or make special effects and creative use of the DeeS.
- Entirely Transparent: No filter sweep effect like with traditional similar tools.
- Fast: The detection can be applied as fast as it should be, resulting in lively, natural voices (No more lifeless voices).
- Input independent detection: Retains the whole dynamic range of the incoming audio.
- Simple: Sibilant and Voice Channels are clearly identified on each UI part: Knobs, Graphs share common color code.
- Exclusive: Plosive detection for better recognition.
- Then go even further: Endless possibilities to change, adapt, or polish the character of voices with two independent EQing audio paths (Analog like 0-delay-feedback filters).
XILS DeeS for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of 59 EUR until September 1st, 2014 (regular 89 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / XILS DeeS
HoRNet has announced the release of Sybilla Pro, an advanced version of the Sybilla de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Sybilla Pro is a multi filter de-esser, unlike other traditional de-essers Sybilla Pro has 8 different tunable filters to effectively find the offending sibilance and feed the compressor that will reduce it.
Sybilla Pro is a wideband de-esser, the compressor stage is driven by the sum of the output of the active filters above the threshold so that if the sibilance moves in frequency Sybilla Pro can follow it and never miss it.
Sybilla Pro features
- Intelligent relative threshold.
- Eight filters for sibilance detection.
- Adjustable frequency and level for each filter.
- Switch to turn on and off each filter.
- Key listen for the entire filter bank and each of the filters.
- Meters for each filter.
- Instantaneous gain reduction meter with peak hold.
- Two different compression modes.
- Attack and release setting for the compressor stage
- Dry/wet knob.
Sybilla for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available for purchase for 21.99 EUR. An upgrade path is available for owners of Sybilla.
More information: HoRNet PlugIns / Sybilla Pro
Related: channel strip
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Feb 25, 2014 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced that iZotope is offering a discount on its Alloy 2 mixing tools for a limited time.
Far more than just a traditional channel strip, Alloy 2 is a modern twist on classic mixing that neatly packages the mixing essentials in a self-contained and completely configurable plug-in that puts everything you need at your fingertips.
Alloy 2 features
- Get six powerful tools in one integrated plug-in: Equalizer, Dynamics, Exciter, De-Esser, Transient Shaper and Limiter.
- Achieve exceptional sound quality, balancing vintage emulation with digital precision.
- Hear results immediately with zero latency performance, whether you’re tracking in real-time or in the midst of a mix session.
- Visualize your mixing decisions with rich meter displays to guide the way.
- Start fast, then go deep with over 250 presets and a tweaker’s paradise of advanced controls.
Until 31st March, 2014, Alloy 2 is available to purchase for £84.95 GBP / 114 EUR (over 40% off RRP).
Existing Alloy users can upgrade to Alloy 2 for £36.95 GBP / 51.95 EUR, and existing users of other iZotope products can crossgrade for £65.95 GBP / 87.95 EUR.
More information: Time+Space / Alloy 2
Selig Audio has launched the Selig DeEsser, a Rack Extension effect for Propellerhead Reason.
The Selig DeEsser is an advanced vocal DeEsser that not only allows you to accurately detect and reduce sibilance found at any level in a vocal track, but also to extract all sibilance to its own mixer channel in real time.
Despite this sophistication the Selig DeEsser couldn’t be simpler: many users may find instant success with the default settings! There are no thresholds to set, no EQs to fine-tune, and no filters of any sort in the audio path. This provides you with the cleanest signal and simplest setup possible in a de-esser.
Selig DeEsser features
- Intelligent Sibilance Detection algorithm.
- No threshold to set.
- D-S extraction mode.
- Unique V-S extraction mode.
- Can route voice and sibilance channels.
- Simplest set-up.
- Perfect for all de-essing needs.
Selig DeEsser is available from the Propellerhead Shop for 49 EUR.
More information: Selig Audio / Selig DeEsser
Code Diggers has launched DQ, a band dynamics Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
DQ is a band dynamic processor for vocal de-essing, drum punch reduction or accentuation, sidechain bass reduction and generic surgical band compression and expanding for creative and mixing purposes.
- Compression and expanding modes.
- Steep 96 db/oct filters for precise detection range selection.
- Configurable up to 20 ms lookahead time for sharp transient handling.
- Sidechain input (with passthru output for convenience).
- Intuitive preview modes.
- Detector cv output and processor cv input for use with other devices.
- 64-bit internal processing and optional 2x oversampling.
The DQ Rack Extension costs 35 EUR.
More information: Code Diggers DQ
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 29, 2013 - 0 comments
Antares has announced the release of AVOX 4, the fourth generation of the Antares Vocal Toolkit.
AVOX 4 is fully 64-bit compatible and includes AAX Native versions of all of the AVOX plug-ins. In addition, AVOX 4 now includes Mic Mod EFX Classic Microphone Modeler, for a total of eleven unique vocal processing plug-ins.
AVOX 4 features
- Harmony Engine Evo Vocal Modeleing Harmony Generator – The quickest, easiest tool for creating realistic harmonies.
- Mic Mod EFX Classic Microphone Modeler – lets the mics you own sound like the mics you wish you owned.
- MUTATOR Evo Extreme Voice Designer- the ideal tool for unique vocal special effects and post-production sound design.
- ARTICULATOR Evo Digital Talkbox – perfect for talking guitars, singing synths, whispering voices, and a wide range of special effects.
- WARM Tube Saturation Generator – warms up vocals with Antares’ world-renowned analog tube modeling technology.
- ASPIRE Evo Aspiration Noise Processor – the world’s first tool for modifying a voice’s breathiness independently of its harmonic content.
- THROAT Evo Physical Modeling Vocal Designer – subtly (or radically) re-sculpt vocal characteristics with a meticulously crafted physical model of the human vocal tract.
- DUO Evo Vocal Modeling Auto-Doubler – automatically generates a doubled vocal part with unmatched ease and realism.
- CHOIR Evo Vocal Multiplier – turns a single voice into up to 32 distinct individual unison voices; assign instances of CHOIR to voices singing harmony and voila, instant choir.
- PUNCH Evo Vocal Impact Enhancer – gives your vocal more dynamic impact, allowing it to cut through a dense mix with clarity and power.
- SYBIL Evo Variable Frequency De-Esser – tames vocal sibilance with a flexible compressor and a variable sidechain frequency to match any vocal performance.
AVOX 4 is available to purchase for $399 USD. Upgrades to AVOX 4 and all of the individual AVOX plug-ins are available at the Software Upgrade Page. Those who purchased AVOX Evo, Harmony Engine Evo, Mic Mod EFX or any individual AVOX Evo plug-in after May 1st, 2013, are eligible for a free upgrade to the 64-bit version of the plug-in(s).
More information: Antares / AVOX 4
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 18, 2013 - 1 comment
iZotope has announced the release of Nectar 2, a collection of intelligent production tools designed specifically for voice.
Flawless vocal production is just a click away. From quick corrections to limitless creativity, Nectar 2 treats your voice to sweet results.
Bring a vocal track to life with the only complete set of tools designed specifically for voice. Add impact with modeled plate reverb, harmonic saturation, and a wealth of creative effects. Stay in tune and remove distracting breaths without tedious, time-consuming editing. Instantly transform a single vocal take into a dynamic, harmonized ensemble. Whether you’re tracking or you’re mixing, Nectar 2 delivers professional vocals in an instant.
Nectar 2 features
- Explore 11 powerful tools in one plug-in: Harmony, Plate Reverb, FX, Pitch, Delay, De-Esser, Saturation, Compressors, Gate, EQ, and Limiter.
- Get smooth, pitch-perfect takes quickly with dedicated Pitch Editor and Breath Control plug-ins in the Nectar 2 Production Suite.
- Finesse your sound with surgical detail using powerful advanced controls.
- Improve vocal production at all stages, from tracking through mixing.
- Rapidly audition different vocal sounds with 150+ presets, in a variety of genres from classic to modern.
Nectar 2 is available to purchase for the introductory price of $179 USD (Standard) / $219 USD (Production Suite) until October 30th, 2013 (regular $229 / $299 USD respectively).
More information: iZotope / Nectar 2