de la Mancha has announced a Winter Sale, offering a collection of 5 plug-ins at a discounted price.
The clocks have gone back and winter is here, it’s time for the de la Mancha Winter Sale 2011
This is a chance to get 5 effect plugins for only $24, a saving of $88 on the normal prices. The sale runs until 9th January 2012 and includes the following 5 plugins;
- dirtbox – distortion, compression and modulation effect
- unstable – wobbly pitch destabiliser
- sidearm – precision sidechain compressor
- pitchfork – 3 band pitch modulation
- bathtub – flexible dual compressor
More information: de la Mancha
de la Mancha has announced the release of basic 65, a monophonic synth, inspired by the classic 80s home computer, the Commodore 64 and its legendary SID chip.
Building on the waveforms and signal path of this famous chip, basic 65 adds further features and options to take things a step further.
The double arpeggiator allows complex versions of that retro 8-bit game sound and the modulation options inspire experimentation via the mod envelope and 2 comprehensive LFOs. Pulse width modulation, ring modulation and oscillator detune/sync are key ingredients in the signature sound. Throw in some pitch drift, bit drift, a sprinkle of dirt and randomisation and you have a wide range of lofi, chiptune, retro-tastic sounds at your disposal.
This version is the update to the popular basic 64, redesigned from scratch, with many improvements, new features and all new presets. basic 65 was co-developed with sink, who also made the amazing presets.
Basic 65 features
- Monophonic synth in VST format for Windows based hosts.
- 3 oscillators with pulse, saw, triangle and noise waveforms.
- Pulse width can be modulated by envelope or both LFOs [NEW - pwm modulated by envelope].
- Each oscillator can be sync’d to another and/or ring modulated by another.
- Each oscillator has its own ADSR envelope and can be routed to filter individually.
- Resonant filter with low pass, high pass, band pass and notch modes [NEW - notch mode added].
- 2 tempo-sync Arpeggiators in series for complex arp sounds [NEW - 2nd arp, added arp patterns].
- Arp tempo, range and note length can be adjusted [NEW - more tempo-sync options, note length knob].
- Modulation envelope can control pulse width and pitch of individual oscillators as well as filter and dirt [NEW - modulates pwm, cut-off, res, dirt].
- 2 tempo-sync LFOs with wide range of waveforms, including random [NEW - more waveforms, more tempo-sync options, added phase].
- Both LFOs can control pulse width and pitch of individual oscillators [NEW - individual oscillator pitch and pwm].
- One LFO also controls filter and dirt, the other can modulate the depth and speed of the first LFO [NEW - modulates res, dirt and LFO1].
- Envelopes are non-linear and can be retriggered from zero or smoothed on each new note [NEW - separate smooth for amp and mod envelopes].
- Pitch drift models instability with variable depth and frequency [NEW - depth and frequency added].
- Options for 4, 6, 8, 12 or 16 bit audio with randomising feature [NEW - added randomising, added 4 bit and 12 bit].
- Developed with SE 1.1, so no problems with multiple instances [NEW].
- 128 presets by sink covering arps, leads, bass, drums and lofi sounds [NEW - all new presets].
- basic 64 is also included in the download.
Basic 65 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $24 USD. A free copy of dirty harry and PULS is included with a purchase until October 7, 2011.
More information: de la Mancha / Basic 65
de la Mancha has announced it has set free Jellyfish and Metamorph, two previously discontinued and unavailable synthesizer instruments for Windows.
jellyfish is a 4 oscillator synth with multiple modulation methods between the oscillators. metamorph is a quirky waveform-morphing synth. Both bring plenty of movement and modulation and come with a range of presets.
Both plug-ins are available to download as VST instrument plug-ins for Windows.
More information: de la Mancha
de la Mancha has announced a limited time offer for Strip T’s, a channel strip effect plug-in for Windows.
If you add Strip T’s to your basket in the de la Mancha webshop, you can then add ClipStar and/or sixtyfive for only $5 each
Strip T’s costs $29 and both ClipStar and sixtyfive are usually $15 each, so you can save $20 if you add both. That’s 3 plugins for $39
The offer is valid until 7th July 2011.
More information: de la Mancha
de la Mancha has released Strip T’s, a channel strip effect plugin designed to be as straight-forward to use as possible but with a wide range of sonic sculpting possibilities.
It has a gate, low-cut filter, 3 band EQ, soft-knee compressor and soft/hard clipper, plus metering and a full stereo audio path.
Strip T’s brings together the knowledge and experience from developing individual effect plugins like the QB-3 EQ, sixtyfive compressor and ClipStar soft clipper. By combining the core parts of these effects, a significant amount of CPU is saved compared to running these plugins individually.
Each stage can be turned off when not needed to save further CPU, and a mono version is also available which is even more efficient.
Strip T’s features
- Stereo Channel Strip with gate, filter, EQ, compressor and clipper stages.
- Full stereo signal path (mono version also included).
- Noise gate with attack & release plus indicator to show when in operation.
- Low-cut filter to take out inaudible sub bass and free up headroom.
- 3 band EQ, with selectable frequency ranges and EQ shapes.
- Soft-knee, RMS Compressor with parallel compression and external sidechain.
- Clipper offering soft and hard clipping.
- dB meters showing current and peak levels for input and output.
- Developed with SE 1.1, so no problems with multiple instances.
- Stereo, Mono and non-sidechain versions included.
Strip T’s is available to purchase as a VST effect plugin for Windows for $29 USD.
More information: de la Mancha / Strip T’s
de la Mancha has announced a Group Buy, a limited time offer on two plug-in bundles.
Up for grabs are 2 different bundles of plugins at $29 per bundle.
The contents of the bundles increases with the number of people signing in and if 50 people sign up then the bundles are completed (approx value $100 each)
You can sign up now for free, you just need to provide your email address in the sign-up form. Sign up closes on 4th April. At the end of the sign-up period, you can choose to buy either or both bundles
de la Mancha Group Buy
- OFFER A – The Sink Bundle – $29 (4 plugins worth $102)
- 20 participants – slix randomising loopslicer (reduced from $39)
- 30 participants – adds Impakter vintage drum module
- 40 participants – adds thr33some stereo effect tool
- 50 participants – adds truc2 modulated multi-effect
- OFFER B – The dlM Bundle – $29 (5 plugins worth $98)
- 20 participants – adds loophole loop sampler and urban decay distortion
- 30 participants – adds ClipStar soft clipper
- 40 participants – adds sixtyfive vintage RMS compressor
- 50 participants – adds bassbomb monophonic bass synth
The Group Buy sign-up period ends Monday 4 April, 2011. The group buy prices will be valid until May 9, 2011.
More information: de la Mancha / Group Buy
de la Mancha has released ditto, a creative delay effect, using randomised tempo-sync modulation to provide a constantly changing but musical delay effect.
You can randomise the delay time, feedback and filter cut-off, with independent left and right channel modulation if you wish. Reverse delay can also be randomly set to change things up even more.
All delay times are tempo-synced to your host, with up to 6 different selections that can be randomly selected. The randomisation is also set to change in tempo-sync, so the results always sound musical and rhythmic (unless you don’t want that, there are some unusual sync patterns too).
You can use ditto for subtle variances in repeating patterns, constantly evolving soundscapes or just some good old random craziness. It is very suited to drum patterns and rhythmic / percussive loops, but is also great on pads, leads, basses and just about anything you’d like to randomise for effect.
- Tempo-sync, randomly-modulated, stereo delay for adding variance and randomisation to patterns.
- Randomisation of delay time, feedback, filter cut-off and delay direction.
- All randomised parameters can independently change in tempo-sync with host (1/32 beat to 32 beats).
- All randomised parameters can also be made static independently.
- Random selection of up to 6 different delay times (1/32 beat to 32 beats).
- Delay time can be independent for the Left and Right channels.
- Feedback and Filter cut-off amount of randomisation can be controlled and smoothed.
- Feedback and Filter cut-off can be independent for the Left and Right channels.
- Feedback direction amount of randomisation can be controlled.
- Filter resonance control.
- Overdrive control on the feedback signal.
- Wet / dry control on the feedback signal.
- Developed with SE 1.1.
ditto for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $19 USD.
More information: de la Mancha / ditto
de la Mancha has released ClipStar, a soft clipper effect for Windows.
ClipStar is a soft clipper effect plugin, designed to prevent peaks in a subtler way than hard clipping, increase loudness and add pleasing saturation.
Where ClipStar differs from other clippers is that it can leave the low frequencies untouched, where distortion is more evident, and allow a greater boost in gain without noticeably degrading the signal.
You can use ClipStar for peak protection, for loudness gain or for sympathetic distortion depending on your mood and the phase of the moon.
- Vintage style soft clipper with low frequency bypass and comprehensive metering.
- In gain & Out gain adjustable to +/- 30 dB.
- Soft clip limit can be set from 0 to -30 dB.
- Low frequency bypass cut off from 0 to 1000 Hz.
- Low frequency gain can be adjusted from +/- 30 dB.
- Subtle colouring from a home-made blend of harmonics, saturation and noise.
- Optional hard limiting on final output.
- Metering covers stereo input, output and gain reduction. All meters show actual and peak levels.
- Adjustable peak meter hold time.
- Double-click knob resets.
- Developed with SE 1.1.
ClipStar is available to purchase as a VST effect plug-in for Windows for $15 USD.
de la Mancha has also announced a special offer for ClipStar.
Get $10 off ClipStar if your purchase is $35 or more. Add ClipStar and any plugin worth $20 or more to your basket and you will get a $10 discount (available until 31 Dec 2010)
More information: de la Mancha / ClipStar