de la Mancha has announced that its sixtyfive vintage-style RMS Compressor inspired by the dbx® 165A, is now available to download as freeware.
sixtyfive can deliver a range of compression from gentle smoothing of vocal performances to brutal slamming of your drum buss.
It’s a soft-knee RMS compressor with a vintage flavour. The RMS detection and soft-knee help to give a smooth and musical compression experience, the non-linear response imparts character and the gentle saturation brings colour and warmth. As well as all of the originals features, this version adds parallel compression, extended knob ranges and peak metering
sixtyfive used to be payware, but is now free. If you would like to make a donation in appreciation, please consider donating to Cancer Research UK in order to help care for and find a cure for cancer sufferers. Any amount you can afford is appreciated and will help to fund international research projects in all aspects of cancer.
The sityfive plug-in is available to download for Windows (VST).
More information: de la Mancha / sixtyfive
de la Mancha has announced that its Dirty Harry lo-fi synthesizer plugin for Windows is now available as freeware.
dirty harry is an unashamedly DIY lofi synth based on the samples of my two homemade, lofi noisemakers, the Atari Punk Console and the BugBrand WOM
dirty harry offers 20 unique waveforms in all their mono/monophonic glory. For extra grit the oscillators can be sync’d or ring modulated. Fidelity can be lowered further still with reduction in sample quality, distortion and a unique ‘bad contact’ emulation. 2 tempo sync LFOs allow modulation of filter, pitch and contact, with one LFO modulating the depth and frequency of the other.
There are envelopes for volume, pitch and filter, with different contours and pitch options. Throw in an arpeggiator, pitch drift and portamento and you can see that whilst it may be lofi in sound, it doesn’t lack for sound design features.
Dirty Harry is available to download as a VST plugin for Windows.
More information: de la Mancha / Dirty Harry
Related: channel strip
, compressor and limiter
, de la Mancha
, effect plugins
, group buy
Posted in news
on May 09, 2012 - 0 comments
de la Mancha has updates its Strip T’s channel strip effect plug-in for Windows to version 1.01.
Strip T’s is a channel strip plugin, designed to be as straight-forward to use as possible but with a wide range of sonic sculpting possibilities. It has a gate, low-cut filter, 3 band EQ, soft-knee compressor and soft/hard clipper, plus metering and a full stereo audio path.
dlM Strip T’s stereo channel strip with gate, filter, EQ, compressor and clipper stages.
Changes in Strip T’s v1.01
- A DC offset could be introduced by switching the EQ module on/off – fixed.
- The % sign on the MIX knob could be badly displayed on some systems – fixed.
Strip T’s for Windows (VST) is currently available to purchase for $8.70 USD in the dlM Group Buy 2012 (70% off any plug-in until June 18th, 2012).
More information: de la Mancha / Strip T’s
de la Mancha has announced the Group Buy 2012, an chance to purchase de la Mancha plug-ins at up to 70% discount.
Get any de la Mancha plugin at up to 70% off
The de la Mancha Group Buy 2012 is an opportunity to get up to a huge 70% discount on any plugins, depending on how many people sign up to the deal (see below for table of discounts available). The discount can be applied to any plugin or combination of plugins, so you can buy exactly the ones you want.
The Group Buy sign-up period ends on Monday 14th May 2012 (mid-day UK time). The maximum discount will be applied with 100 or more participants.
More information: de la Mancha
Bedroom Producers Blog has launched Giveaway #2, a chance to win Reason 6, Sonitex STX-1260, and de le Mancha’s basic 65.
Ahh, today is the last day of 2011. It was a good year for Bedroom Producers Blog, but I want 2012 to be even better. So, I’ve decided to welcome it with style, and a big thank you to all BPB readers – a huge giveaway with plenty of free software! And here it is, thanks to the sponsors (Propellerhead, Tone Projects, and de la Mancha) who have made it possible by providing some amazing prizes!
BPB Giveaway #2 prizes
- 1 x boxed edition of Propellerhead Reason 6
- 1 x Tone Projects Sonitex STX-1260
- 3 x de la Mancha basic 65
The contest winners will be picked at random from the comments on the BPB Facebook page, on January 21st.
More information: Bedroom Producers Blog
de la Mancha has announced a Winter Sale, offering a collection of 5 plug-ins at a discounted price.
The clocks have gone back and winter is here, it’s time for the de la Mancha Winter Sale 2011
This is a chance to get 5 effect plugins for only $24, a saving of $88 on the normal prices. The sale runs until 9th January 2012 and includes the following 5 plugins;
- dirtbox – distortion, compression and modulation effect
- unstable – wobbly pitch destabiliser
- sidearm – precision sidechain compressor
- pitchfork – 3 band pitch modulation
- bathtub – flexible dual compressor
More information: de la Mancha
de la Mancha has announced the release of basic 65, a monophonic synth, inspired by the classic 80s home computer, the Commodore 64 and its legendary SID chip.
Building on the waveforms and signal path of this famous chip, basic 65 adds further features and options to take things a step further.
The double arpeggiator allows complex versions of that retro 8-bit game sound and the modulation options inspire experimentation via the mod envelope and 2 comprehensive LFOs. Pulse width modulation, ring modulation and oscillator detune/sync are key ingredients in the signature sound. Throw in some pitch drift, bit drift, a sprinkle of dirt and randomisation and you have a wide range of lofi, chiptune, retro-tastic sounds at your disposal.
This version is the update to the popular basic 64, redesigned from scratch, with many improvements, new features and all new presets. basic 65 was co-developed with sink, who also made the amazing presets.
Basic 65 features
- Monophonic synth in VST format for Windows based hosts.
- 3 oscillators with pulse, saw, triangle and noise waveforms.
- Pulse width can be modulated by envelope or both LFOs [NEW - pwm modulated by envelope].
- Each oscillator can be sync’d to another and/or ring modulated by another.
- Each oscillator has its own ADSR envelope and can be routed to filter individually.
- Resonant filter with low pass, high pass, band pass and notch modes [NEW - notch mode added].
- 2 tempo-sync Arpeggiators in series for complex arp sounds [NEW - 2nd arp, added arp patterns].
- Arp tempo, range and note length can be adjusted [NEW - more tempo-sync options, note length knob].
- Modulation envelope can control pulse width and pitch of individual oscillators as well as filter and dirt [NEW - modulates pwm, cut-off, res, dirt].
- 2 tempo-sync LFOs with wide range of waveforms, including random [NEW - more waveforms, more tempo-sync options, added phase].
- Both LFOs can control pulse width and pitch of individual oscillators [NEW - individual oscillator pitch and pwm].
- One LFO also controls filter and dirt, the other can modulate the depth and speed of the first LFO [NEW - modulates res, dirt and LFO1].
- Envelopes are non-linear and can be retriggered from zero or smoothed on each new note [NEW - separate smooth for amp and mod envelopes].
- Pitch drift models instability with variable depth and frequency [NEW - depth and frequency added].
- Options for 4, 6, 8, 12 or 16 bit audio with randomising feature [NEW - added randomising, added 4 bit and 12 bit].
- Developed with SE 1.1, so no problems with multiple instances [NEW].
- 128 presets by sink covering arps, leads, bass, drums and lofi sounds [NEW - all new presets].
- basic 64 is also included in the download.
Basic 65 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $24 USD. A free copy of dirty harry and PULS is included with a purchase until October 7, 2011.
More information: de la Mancha / Basic 65