XILS-lab has released version 1.5 of Le Masque: Delay, a delay effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Le Masque: Delay is a revolutionary Time Line driven Delay Effect which can be used to perform unique and totally new Delay based effects in a fast and intuitive way.
To accomplish this task, Le Masque: Delay inherits the renowned XILS-lab filters and all the experience accumulated from the making of Virtual Analog synthesizers and audio effects.
XILS-lab Le Masque: Delay effect plugin for PC and Mac.
Changes in Le Masque Delay v1.5
- New FREEZE/DUB button: When this function is engaged, it will read the “loop” of the delay until disengaged. It can be used to generate loops and textures, and allows the user to keep playing and improvising over the loop.
- LOCK DRY/WET LEVEL Button: The user can now browse all presets while preserving the Dry/Wet level ratio.
- There are now 16 Masks instead of 8.
- MultiMasks selections: The user can now select several Masks with a combination of different techniques, and move their locations, or change all their locators with a single mouse drag. There are three buttons to select ALL MASKS, ODD MASKS, or EVEN MASKS. Or the combination CTRL + CLICK to select continuous or discontinuous Masks. Mousing over a mask will now select it automatically. Background color and shape changes will reflect the status of each Mask (Selected, Unselected).
- Display of the incoming audio signal inside the Grid Area: This feature is designed to improve workflow, speed of use, and to help the user with positioning the Masks.
- Revamped management of the Masks locators:
- New Level Toggle for the Masks Level Parameter: When this button is on, the delay signal will only be heard if the incoming level is over the Mask Level. It acts like a threshold parameter for playing and experimenting Live, or to find the best Masks configuration while moving them on the grid.
- New Zoom Function: Zoom x4 the grid area for accurate editing of the position and length of the masks.
- New Presets & video tutorials (see below): around 50 new presets have been added for a total of over 120. Presets include Slap Back Delays, PingPong Delays, Resonators, Pseudo Spring Reverb delays, et etc.
- Windows: With certain combinations of Daws/Systems, the GUI could become sluggish. Now fixed.
- Windows 7 RTAS: now installing correctly.
- RTAS version: now always in sync with all Pro Tools versions and decimal tempo is now working.
Le Masque: Delay is available at a 25% discount until February 20th, 2013, priced at 44 EUR / $58 USD (regular 59 EUR / $77 USD). The update is free for all previous owners.
More information: XILS-lab / Le Masque: Delay
BOSS has announced three next-generation compact pedals featuring innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP).
Powered by this important new technology, the TE-2 Tera Echo, DA-2 Adaptive Distortion, and MO-2 Multi Overtone pedals deliver an amazing range of dynamic and expressive sonic textures, providing guitarists an exciting new set of tools to dramatically expand their tonal range.
Roland’s innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) analyzes audio signals in many dimensions and applies ideal effects to each. By giving different dynamic changes relative to the input signal in real time, MDP can create bold, all-new sounds with a previously unattainable range of expression.
Roland TE-2 Tera Echo, DA-2 Adaptive Distortion & MO-2 Multi Overtone pedals.
New BOSS pedals
- TE-2 Tera Echo — The TE-2 delivers amazing new ambience effects that go far beyond traditional reverb and delay processing. MDP produces an incredibly deep and spacious sound, dramatically enhancing the straight guitar tone without overwhelming it. With simple, familiar stompbox controls and incredible dynamic sensitivity, an extremely wide range of inspiring sounds can be achieved. In addition, the TE-2’s expressive Freeze function allows players to hold the current effect sound for lead backing and unique sound effects.
- DA-2 Adaptive Distortion — Unlike standard distortion pedals that process the entire guitar signal with a single effect, the MDP-powered DA-2 adapts the sound in real time to create the ideal tone for every register. The result is a rich, musical distortion that plays well all over the guitar neck, from tight, edgy low-string tones to fat, smooth highs. With the power of MDP, the DA-2’s distortion is amazingly responsive to playing dynamics, and every note can be heard with high definition, even when playing two or more notes at the same time.
- MO-2 Multi Overtone — The MO-2 provides incredibly distinctive and expressive tones only possible with the magic of MDP. Using the guitar’s rich harmonic overtones as a starting point, the MO-2 builds completely unique sounds that enhance and thicken the normal tone. Three different modes offer diverse sound-shaping options, while the DETUNE knob unlocks a wide range of impressive modulation effects. From shimmery multi-string resonance to flute-like transparency to powerful textures reminiscent of organs and synths, the MO-2 brings a variety of all-new dynamic resonance characteristics to guitarists everywhere.
More information: Roland
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 17, 2013
Synthescience has released 18 new free effect plug-ins for Windows.
Synthescience.com webpage gets a full content update and now delivers 18!! more effects/processors plugins to join the two allready published synths, Prodigious & Poly 2106.
Taking a big jump from two to twenty free unrestricted full featured products was the best way we could find to mark our statement into this new year, now meet the new faces at products/effects processors area and hope you enjoy the looks & features, the synthescience team…
Delay Box is one of the 18 new free effect plug-ins by Synthescience.
New effect plug-ins
- Delay / Reverb effects: Delay Box, Freezechamber.
- Distortion / Lo-Fi effects: Drivefactor, Driveshaper, R-Sample Factor.
- Dynamics processors: Compressor Box, Limiter Box.
- Filter / EQ processors: 10 Band Graphic EQ, The Filtermate.
- Modulation effects: Chorus Box, Autopan Modulator, Autospread Box, Phaser Box, Phaser 2/8, Flanger Box, Symphonic Ensemble, Chorus+, Slicer Box.
The plug-ins are available to download at no cost (Windows VST).
More information: Synthescience
The Interruptor has released updates for its Bionic Delay, Analogic Delay, Dub Siren, Wow & Flutter, Echolive, and Echomania plug-ins for Windows.
Echomania is capable of stereo delays, ping pong delays, multitap delays and complex delay textures.
Changes in plugins
- MIDI Learn: Each control can be automated via MIDI controllers. To assign a controller right-click on a control then choose “Learn” from the pop-up menu and twiggle the hardware controller you want to assign. Alternatively choose “Unlearn” or “Edit..” to assign a controller from a list.
- Rebuilt with the current version of SynthEdit. This improves performance on recent PC systems.
- Echomania: Added delay time smoothing to prevent digital clicks when switching delay times.
The Interruptor plug-ins are available for Windows PC (VST) at no cost.
More information: The Interruptor
, effect plugins
, Inear Display
, Ivo Ivanov
Posted in news
on Jan 03, 2013
Inear Display has updated the Becuphal effect plugin for Windows and Mac to version 1.2.
Bucephal is a sound mangling plugin based on two delay lines designed to be mutated by four modulators freely assignable to the time and feedback.
Inear Display’s Bucephal v1.2 comes with a new, vector based GUI.
Changes in Becuphal v1.2
- Everything has been rewritten from scratch.
- Brand new UI, totally vector based so that it can be resized using the bottom right handle.
- New custom preset format : the presets can now be shared between all platforms / formats.
- New copy protection scheme using a serial number .
- New MIDI learn system.
- MIDI LFO retrigger.
- Factory presets by Ivo Ivanov from GLITCHMACHINES.
- Gain slider for each delay line.
- Assignable modulator for delay time and feedback with independent modulation amount.
- 2 Envelope followers and 2 LFOs.
- New sensitivity control for the envelope followers.
- New waveshaper mode : “dirt” based on the algorithm used in Gorgon.
- “Hard clipper” and “dirt” modes now have an additional “Boost” control.
- Some minor bug fixes.
Bucephal for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) costs 20 EUR. You can still take advantage of the new year sale to get 50% off any purchase by entering the code NOISY2013 at checkout.
More information: Inear Display / Becuphal
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Vengeance Sound
Posted in news
on Dec 05, 2012
Vengeance Sound has announced the release of the Essential FX Bundle, a collection of Vengeance Producer Suite effect plug-ins.
This massive effects bundle contains 15 – !) unique effects from Vengeance-Sound. These little helpers will become indispensable in your production environment.
Essential FX Bundle features
- 15 Plugins in one big Bundle.
- Impulse reverb comes with over 60 first class impulse responses.
- Every plugin has a built in limiter (you can turn it off if you want).
- Essential tools for every situation.
- Dynamics: EQ, Limiter, Compressor, Clip Distortion, Multiband Distortion.
- Modulation: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, MultiMod (FM, RingMod and Autopan!)
- Delay and reverb: Delay, Trashverb, GatedReverb, Impulse (Impulse Response Reverb).
- Special fx: Bitcrusher, Stereo Matrix (m/s manipulation).
- Unbeatable price: 6,60€ per plugin is a no brainer.
- Many cool presets included, optimized for modern club music by Manuel Schleis.
- All parameters are automatable (host).
- A big and smooth Mix knob is the center of every plugin.
- VST / PC & Intel Mac VST / AU & RTAS – runs in all compatible hosts.
- 32 / 64 Bit and VST3 standard.
The bundle is currently available to purchase for a special Christmas price of 99 EUR / £85 GBP / $140 USD (regular 149 EUR). Requires eLicenser dongle.
More information: Vengeance Sound / Essential FX Bundle