WOK has announced REFO-D, a free delay effect plugin for Windows.
I like plugins that are neatly arranged and easy to use for simple tasks, instead offering 20 panels with 300 knobs
So I will do some of these one-trick-ponies, as my free time allows.
#1: REFO-D, a delay with a reverse-forward output option and a stereo panner.
Also featuring host sync, a filter in the feedback path and distortion.
REFO-D is available to download from WOK’s Facebook page (no like required).
More information: WOK (Facebook)
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2013 - 0 comments
iMusicAlbum has launched Master FX, a multipurpose effect processor for guitar, synthesizer and voice, providing a wide range of high-quality and creative effects options for audio processing.
Includes a broad selection of audio processing options, comprehensive presets system, flexible audio routing options for connecting effect modules, audio player and recorder, low latency and highest quality of audio processing.
Master FX is intended for real-time processing of sound from one or two external instruments or microphones separately while playing or singing. It can also mix instrument sound or voice with pre-recorded audio tracks. Master FX can also be used as a sound processor within a variety of other musical applications as it supports Audiobus. This allows the app to be used as an effects processor as part of an iOS-based multitrack recording system.
Master FX features
- Built-in effects: 3-Band parametric equalizer, Chorus, Flanger, Pitch modulator, Delay, Reverb, Compressor, Limiter on main output.
- Low-latency for real time playing.
- Up to 6 effects at once.
- Various options for connecting effect modules.
- Processing of the two channels separately.
- Built-in player with playlists feature.
- Convenient playback control.
- Built-in recorder with switching sources (input, processed, output).
- Individual presets for each effect module.
- Global presets for all module parameters and connections.
- Includes control options designed specifically for live performance.
- Supports Audiobus in Effect or Output position.
- Support Dropbox web service (you will need free Dropbox account).
- Exchange files between applications through audio clipboard.
- Support “Open in” feature to move audio files from other applications.
- Option “Open file in” sends file directly to another application.
- Access to files through internal Web service in local network.
- Support for iTunes file share.
The Master FX app is available to pruchase for $11.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering Studio / Master FX
Cakewalk has announced that a purchase of SONAR X3 Studio or Producer through November 30, 2013, comes with a free Delay effect module for ProChannel from Overloud.
Overloud VKFX (Vintage Keyboard FX) is a virtual rack packed with outstanding models of vintage analog effect processors. All 8 VST / ProChannel Modules are available individually and also included in the VKFX bundle.
The FREE VKFX Delay module harkens back to the days of tape echo. The original tape echo effect was created by recording an input signal to tape via a tape head and then replaying that signal through another tape head. By placing several heads at different distances along the tape path, they were also able to create different syncopations of delay depending on which heads were monitored.
One feature of tape delays which was lost in the digital move forward was the effect on the sound of the tape itself. In tape delays, the signal is delayed by keeping it on the magnetic tape for a time. For every repetition of the delay, the signal is recorded to and played back from the tape. The more repetitions, the more intense is the effect of the tape on the sound.
The VKFX delay utilises an intelligent tape simulation algorithm which reproduces both the compression effects and frequency response of analogue tape for each repetition of the delayed signal.
All customers who have purchased and registered SONAR X3 Studio and Producer qualify for the free download.
More information: Cakewalk
Boscomac has announced the release of Delight Delay, a free delay effect ensemble for Native Instruments Reaktor.
The Delight Delay effect for Native Instruments Reaktor.
DELIGHT DELAY is a pattern-based delay controlled by a sequencer.
A central display allows you to set the level and filtering rehearsals and so draw a pattern. You can set the number of repetitions (1 to 15) determine the tempo (1/4 to 1/32), adjust the stereo (mono or pingpong) and adjust the blend.
Very easy to use, this delay grooves with guitars, runs with synths, installs synchronized vibes and many other things …
The ensemble is a free download for Reaktor (requires full version). Donations are appreciated.
More information: Boscomac / Delight Delay
Sinevibes has announced the release of Multitude, a new AudioUnit delay effect plugin for Mac.
Being the biggest development of the company to date, Multitude is a sophisticated yet fun to use quad delay plugin with unique creative potential.
A conventional delay constantly processes and echoes all of the audio on the input. Multitude uses gate sequencers to control sends into four individual delay lines – allowing you to activate them at precise moments in time. Want a delay only on that particular note, chord, or hit? With Multitude, you can do this. And so much more.
Multitude features a highly visualized, color-coded user interface that has been calibrated for both indoor and outdoor lighting conditions. Thanks to extensive use of OS X Core Animation and Accelerate frameworks, it provides an unusually smooth, delightful user experience – and at the same time, efficient internal processing.
- Four independent delay units with forward and reverse playback modes.
- Five gate sequencer tracks for dry input signal and four delay sends, eight separate sequences storable per preset.
- Eight simultaneous effect processors per delay unit: frequency shifter, sample rate and bit depth reducers, circuit bender, noise, multi-mode filter, saturation, and flanger. Effects can be placed before, after, or inside each delay’s feedback loop.
- Two separate low-frequency oscillators per delay unit, each with 16 modulation destinations, multiple waveforms, and adjustable chaos feature.
Multitude for Mac (AU) costs $59 USD.
More information: Sinevibes / Multitude
, Abbey Road
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 15, 2013 - 0 comments
Waves and Abbey Road Studios have launched the J37 tape saturation plugin, a precision model of the very machine used to record many of the greatest masterpieces in modern music.
With a variety of user-adjustable controls including Tape Speed, Bias, Noise, Saturation, Wow and Flutter, the Waves: Abbey Road J37 faithfully recreates the inimitable sonic signature of the original machine. In addition to the J37 itself, three exclusive oxide tape formulas have been modeled.
Specially developed by EMI during the ‘60s and ‘70s, each formula has its own unique frequency response and harmonic distortion behavior. In order to push the envelope even further, a comprehensive Tape Delay unit has been added to complement those warm tones.
The Waves: Abbey Road J37 tape emulation plugin will bring stunning analog warmth to your digital recordings, delivering a level of hardware realism never before experienced “in the box.”
Abbey Road J37 features
- Tape saturation plugin.
- Created in association with Abbey Road Studios.
- Modeled on the machine used to create countless classic ’60s tracks.
- Includes models of three exclusive tape formulas developed by EMI.
- Adds analog warmth to digital recordings.
- Controls for Bias, Wow, Flutter, Tape Speed and more.
- Comprehensive Tape Delay including three different delay types, Sync, LP and HP filter controls and more.
The J37 plug-in is available to purchase for the introductory price of $149 USD (Native) / $249 USD (Soundgrid).
More information: Waves / J37 Tape
, ring modulator
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2013 - 0 comments
Moog Music has announced 5 new Minifooger analog effects pedals for guitar and bass.
The Minifoogers place legendary Moog quality, tone and versatility into a compact, rugged housing designed to withstand the tortures of touring and daily abuse.
Today we announce the launch of the Minifooger Analog Effects family – a series of compact – easy to use stomp boxes designed primarily for use with electric guitar and bass. Each Minifooger is housed in a rugged cast aluminum enclosure and features a 100% analog signal path, true bypass design, optional battery power, and a single expression pedal input that can also be controlled via CV.
The Minifooger Analog Effects family is launching with 5 compact stomp boxes – the MF Drive, MF Boost, MF Delay, MF Ring, and MF Trem. Each pedal is 100% analog, designed and hand assembled in Moog’s factory in Asheville, North Carolina and carries a US street price below $200. Two videos can be seen on our site featuring artists experimenting with the Minifoogers: Troy Van Leeuwen, guitarist for the band Queens of The Stone Age takes a more classic approach; and Xander Singh and Ian Hultquist of Passion Pit explores the other worldly side of the Minifoogers.
We are extremely pleased to introduce the Minifoogers and hope that guitar and bass players enjoy years of artistic expression with them.
Minifoogers Analog Effects
- The MF Drive (MSRP $179 USD) is a filter-based overdrive pedal employing a Moog Ladder Filter, boutique FET amplifiers, and OTAs in its drive section making it highly reactive to picking dynamics. The panel features a bi-polar tone control and sweepable filter that work dynamically with input gain to offer each player unique and customizable sounds that retain the core timbre of their instrument. A filter Peak switch shifts harmonic content to the filter’s cutoff position, adding new tonal creation and dirty wah performance possibilities not found in other drive pedals.
- The MF Boost (MSRP $149 USD) is a selectable topology boost pedal that allows the player to switch between an “articulate VCA” signal path and a “colored OTA” signal path. Each is tailored to deliver boutique amplifier sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. The design also imparts natural compression to an input signal, which brings out note articulation and significantly increases the performance of other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal, sweepable-gain boost pedal, and VCA. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
- The MF Delay (MSRP $209 USD) features 35mS-700mS of completely analog delay time. At shorter settings, repeats are fast and bright for creating classic slap-back and plate sounds. At medium and long settings the repeats become darker and naturally trail into reverb-like state. A Drive circuit allows the player to adjust the tone and feel of the MF Delay as well as overdrive the Bucket Brigade Delay line, and the input of a guitar amplifier for bigger sound and feel. Also, the expression pedal input is switchable between feedback for expressive swells and delay time for tape delay and chorus/flange effects.
- The MF Ring (MSRP $159 USD) is an analog ring modulator that is based on the world’s best selling Ring Mod, the Moogerfooger MF-102. Its refined frequency range and tone voicing circuit add new-musical elements to ring modification, making it easy to dial in everything from octaves and choral dissonance to harmonic undertones and synthesized lead lines. The expression pedal input provides hands-free control of the Freq parameter for sound sweeps, pitch shifting effects, and playing between two scales on the fly.
- The MF Trem (MSRP $189 USD) is an analog tremolo pedal designed around a balanced modulator and Sub Audio VCO. This design creates a wide range of effects that are based on phase cancellation and addition. Players can create classic optical tremolo, hard tremolo, rotary effects and more that react dynamically to harmonic content. A variable Shape control interacts with Tone and Mix to craft subtle swells and gallops to rhythmic percussive, and swirling effects. When pushed, the MF Trem can also approach the beginnings of phasing and chorus. The expression pedal input adds control of the Speed parameter for hands-free swells and rotary effects.
The Minifooger pedals are available for preorder from all authorized Moog dealers. Shipping starts in October, 2013.
More information: Moog / Minifooger