Serato has announced version 1.6 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
The latest update for Serato DJ includes Rane Hardware support, Pitch ‘N Time DJ Expansion Pack, Quantize, Nameable Cue Points, Jet Pack FX Expansion Pack, support for the Pioneer DDJ-SZ & Numark V7 Pro Controllers and the brand new Denon DJ MC6000MKII & Reloop Terminal Mix 8 DJ Intro Controllers and a healthy dose of maintenance bug fixes for continued stability and performance.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.6
- Rane Hardware Support: Support for the Rane SL2, Rane SL3, Rane SL4, Rane Sixty-One, Rane Sixty-Two and Rane Sixty-Eight.
- Pitch ‘N Time DJ: Allows you to speed up or slow down your track to extreme tempo values while maintaining its key perfectly, with the highest quality and definition of any available software.
- Serato DJ FX Expansion Pack – Jet Pack: A Trippy, Spacey & Rave infused FX Pack including: Shepard Filter, U.F.O., Space Verb & Bass Ducker.
- Quantize: Quantize mode allows you to set and trigger Cue Points on beat. Make sure you have your beatgrids set!
- Nameable Cue Points.
- OS X Mavericks 10.9 Support.
- Hardware Support: Pioneer DDJ-SZ, Numark V7 Pro Controllers, Denon DJ MC6000MKII & Reloop Terminal Mix 8 DJ Intro Controllers.
- Added Serato DJ Accessory Support: Pioneer CDJ-900, Denon DN-HC1000S.
- Other New Features: Stack View Mode, Open/Close crates from hardware, Improved Cue Point and Loops Display area.
See the release notes for detailed information on the update.
Serato DJ is available to purchase for $129 USD. The new Pitch ‘N Time DJ and Jet Pack expansion packs are available for $29 USD and $19 USD respectively.