Results for Designer Monkey
Below are the posts that should have something to do with 'Designer Monkey'.
Note: Use the search form in the top right if you're looking for something specific.
I am quite biased when it comes to Oatmeal (yes I love Oatmeal), and it’s no surprise I’m truely excited about this awesome skin. Of course the new look won’t make Oatmeal sound any different, but it sure makes it look a lot better and easier to program. Quite some time went into optimizing the workflow and used screen space.
One known issue is that horizontal sliders have to be manipulated by up/down, instead of left/right. The original didn’t have sliders and therefore did not have the desired controls programmed. Fuzzpilz will soon modify Oatmeal to allow horizontal sliders to be controlled properly. New version out!
So keep your eye open for a new version, but in the meantime enjoy this wonderful new skin already.
For those who don’t like Maple and Brown-Sugar, Grymmjack also provides the skin’s source psd (Photoshop) and font files, so you can modify them to create a different color scheme.
The gorgeous GUI was provided by Rick Christy (aka Grymmjack).
- Subtractive and Phase Modulation (PM) synthesis
- Two oscillators (called OSC1 and OSC2), each with Triangle, Saw, Square, Rectangle, Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), and White Noise (WN) waveforms. OSC1 can be synced to OSC2
- Mono sound output (except when the CHORUS effect is active)
- Monophonic and 6-voice Polyphonic modes
- One filter (called, simply, the FILTER) with 5 modes, two of which are special ”twin filter” modes
- One LFO with 5 waveforms: Sample And Hold (S/H), Ramp, Square, Saw, and Sine. LFO tempo can be freely adjusted or synced to host tempo
- Two envelope generators (called EG1 and EG2). Each can separately affect OSC1 amplitude, OSC2 amplitude, FILTER cutoff frequency, and LFO amount. EG1/EG2 levels can also be mixed, resulting in
- Keyboard velocity scaling for EG1 and EG2 amplitudes
- Expression input from Breath Controller (BC), Channel Aftertouch (AT), and Foot Pedal (PEDAL) can be used to affect AMP level and FILTER cutoff frequency
- Effects section with Distortion, Reverb, Delay, and Chorus units
- MIDI Learn function for easy mapping of the controls to a hardware MIDI controller
- Tooltip help, showing short descriptions of each control including its default MIDI Controller Code mapping
The zip file includes a comprehensive manual, which also mentions a soon to be released “Evolution Edition” of CS33, which is basically the exact same synth with a different look.
Update 13-11-2006: Don’t forget to check the additional presets as well.
The plug-ins from GVST now can be skinned with a new gorgeous design.
GVST’s plug-ins (by Graham Yeadon) are designed by to be simple, light-weight and efficient, although some are more ambitious and some more experimental and include amongst others a Chorus, Compressor, Delay, Gate and several Filter effects.
FreeAmp2 includes Guitsyn, a built-in guitar synth. There are several amps types, EQs and speakers to choose from.
New in FreeAmp2
- Complete new GUI by Rick Christy
- Added Flanger
- Added Guitsyn, a built-in guitar synth
- Reduced CPU uses by another 30% compared to FreeAmpSE v1.5 for all amps, speakers, eq’s and overdrives
- Tweaked overall tone
Visit FrettedSynth for more information and a link to download FreeAmp2.
SKnote.it has updated Grainz, a granular synth VSTi, to version 0.4.0.
Features in v0.4.0
- 1 physical modeled “string” oscillator (plucked, bowed, manually bowed). Plucking/bowing position, pickup position, stiffness, damp
- 2 granular oscillators. Loads wav mono files and “granulizes” them. From sample playing to complete destruction. Position, grain width, grain fade out, single_shot/loop, position lfo
- Multi-stage drag-able envelopes for amplitude, grain position, filter frequency
- Granular -> physical modeled oscillators interaction. From resonance to weird effects
- Multimode resonant filters with resonance and “action” control
- “Spread” effects
- Pre-post-filter delay lines with feedback. Separate send for each oscillator
- Arpeggiator with chord detection
- Control matrix
- Graphical user interface by Rick Christy of Designer Monkey
Make sure to follow the instructions on the download page. You will need to download waveforms and support files
Visit SKnote.it for more information and a link to download the latest version of Grainz.