Minimal System Instruments has announced Delay Studio, a free delay effect plug-in for Windows.
Delay Studio from Minimal System Instruments is a powerful and massively creative multiband delay plugin which gives you all of the tools needed to create your perfect delay/echo effect. From weird and wonderful long modulated delays to workhorse multi-taps and analogue inspired echoes the Delay Studio will turn any flat, uninspiring sound into a beautiful sonic masterpiece.
Delay Studio is a plugin that invites creativity and experimentation.
Delay Studio features
- 3 fully configurable independent delay bands (Low/Mid/Hi) with complete and accurate control over the frequency width of each band (Frequency Range 0hz to 20,000hz).
- Each band is split in to left and right channels with independent delay time and feedback.
- Comprehensive filter bank section. Each band has its own fully featured filter on both left and right channels complete with cutoff and resonance controls. (Filter types include Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Peaking, and Band Reject). Each filter can be modulated using the multimode LFOs which can also be tempo synced or free running. A total of six filters and six LFOs.
- Built on an accurate crossover algorithm. As with the rest of our plugin range, we model our algorithms on actual physical analogue hardware to achieve the most accurate sound possible.
- VU meters on all bands for visual monitoring.
- Input and Output level controls allow easy attenuation of both the incoming and outgoing audio signals.
- Full automation and controller mapping. All parameters in Delay Studio can be easily mapped to any MIDI controller or MIDI keyboard for complete tactile real-time control. All parameters are designed to be fully automated in all DAWs.
- Balance control to accurately modify the position of the sound in the stereo field.
- Logical and easy-to-use user interface. Minimal System Instruments products are specifically designed to enhance our user’s workflow. We intentionally place all parameter controls on the front end of the GUI to make modifying sounds a breeze (No hidden menus or parameters here!).
- Low CPU usage. Our code is fully streamlined and optimised to make Delay Studio as efficient on your resources as possible.
Delay Studio for Windows is available as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
More information: KVR Audio
, Developer Challenge
, effect plugins
, Tokyo Dawn Labs
Posted in news
on Nov 07, 2012
Tokyo Dawn Labs and vladg/sound have collaborated to release the Proximity effect plug-in for Windows and Mac, as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
This plug-in is an easy to use distance “pan-pot” based on several psycho-acoustic models. The idea is to give mixing engineer a reliable tool which allows him to manipulate the “depth” of several sound sources in a straight forward and convincing manner.
Several models can be combined:
- Distance signal delay by speed of sound.
- Distance gain loss.
- Absorption of high-frequencies in air.
- Stereo width manipulation.
- Proximity effect of virtual microphone.
- Distance based early reflections.
All of them can be turned on and off to taste. Distance modulation options extend the creative possibilities even further. Units can be switched from metric (meters) to imperial (inches).
Proximity is available in 32 and 64-bits versions for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
Tokyo Dawn Records has also announced it is working on also working on a major “TDR Feedback Compressor II” update and a new “TDR Sibilance Controller” plug-in.
TDR Sililance Controller vocal de-esser effect plugin.
This is a dedicated vocal de-esser designed for precise and unobtrusive reduction of offending sibilance.
The concept is based on accurate band extraction via linear phase filters (either bell or shelf shaped) and a highly specialized, level-independent sibilance detection algorithm.
Two modes are available, full-band and split-band.
More information: Tokyo Dawn Labs / Proximity
KVR Audio’s Developer Challenge 2012 has entered the voting stage, with all competing entries now available to download.
The deadline for entries has passed and we are now in the release stage. Below you’ll find the 55 entries for KVR DC12 – the best turnout yet! 49 run on Windows, 7 on Mac OS X and 6 are Soundware for other products. Thank you and congratulations to all developers for getting your entries in. Let the downloading and voting commence!
Please take your time to download and try as many entries as possible before voting. You can of course use whatever criteria you like to make your voting decisions.
KVR Audio members can vote for their top 5 entries until December 5th, 2012. The winners will be announced December 7th, 2012.
More information: KVR Audio / Developer Challenge 2012
Acrobatics has announced the release of Forbice, a free auto-filter effect plugin for Windows.
Acrobatics Forbice autofilter effect plugin.
A stereo filtering module providing maximum tools for audio cutting and mangling, whether they are drumloops, voice or instrument recordings or audio samples.
The full-stereo and flexible architecture allows complex configurations of parameters and true musical interaction of envelope and filters with user audio input contents.
Two channels -12/-24/-36/-48 dB LowPass filter is driven dynamically through a fast AHR envelope, keytracked and modulated by a synchronized/free running full-featured LFO.
Also available are high-pass resonant filtering, bitcrushing and distortion stages. The effect unit features full VST & MIDI control and a flexible routing of signal with additional balance, mix and dynamics fine-tune processing.
Forbice for Windows is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Acrobatics has also announced the Minisynth series, a collection of three instruments plug-ins developed for KVR Audio’s Developer Challenge 2012.
The Minisynth series collection consist of three of VSTPlugIn instruments: FRET, GRIT and PEAK. We simplified controls and packed implementations to the highest grade, to push-up users creativity first and give a pleasent look to the eye, These virtual synth are coloured, smart and aggressive, and offers easy, creative sounds at your fingertip!
More information: Acrobatics
KVR Audio has announced the Developer Challenge 2012, the fourth free-for-all audio plug-in / audio application / soundware design event.
The “KVR Developer Challenge” is for anyone who develops Audio Plug-ins or Applications and, new for this year, Soundware. The challenge is to create and release a brand new free audio plug-in, application or sound library / pack / set that will benefit the community at large. Creativity is key, it can be as simple or as complex as you want.
KVR members will vote on the entries and pick the eventual winner using whatever criteria they choose to.
The prize fund is from donations – the last Challenge in 2009 achieved a prize fund of almost $2000! Can we beat it this year?
Anyone can make a donation via PayPal and the prize fund will be distributed to the eventual winners with the main chunk going to the highest rated Windows and Mac OS X software (for details of the prize breakdown please see the DC 12 page).
Prizes for Entering, Donating and/or Voting
Additional prizes are also being donated by plug-in and soundware developers / companies. These will be awarded to various entrants, donaters and voters when the DC is over by means of a random draw. So simply by donating or voting (when voting begins in November) will give you a chance to win something!
For the launch we have additional prizes from Cableguys, Resonance Sound, Subsonic Labs and u-he with more to come.
More information: KVR Audio Developer Challenge 2012
Psychic Modulation has released version 1.2 of Aethereal, an ambient vector synth for creating evolving atmospheres and textures.
Aethereal has been updated to v1.2 with improved sound, lower cpu usage, and some extra features that make it better than ever. Also to replace the demo version is a fully-functional freeware version with a few limitations.
Changes in Aethereal v1.2
- Overall sound improvements.
- Added pitch drifting controls to each wave oscillator.
- Improved delay section w/ feedback damping.
- Updated filter section w/ keytracking.
- GUI improvements.
- Various minor bugfixes & improvements.
Aethereal is available to purchase as a VST instrument for Windows PC, priced at $39 USD.
Psychic Modulation has also recently released Metatron.
Metatron designed specifically for the KVR Developer Challenge 2009, is a 2 oscillator analogue synthesizer with an arpeggiator that works alongside a gated modulation sequencer for creating unique rythmic patterns and sounds. The oscillator section uses waveforms that double up to create a phasing effect similar to pulse width, but for each waveform. This along with a powefull unison detune section and ring modulator give Metatron a rich, fat sound. With the addition of versatile graphical envelopes, LFO’s and other modulation options, Metatron becomes an instrument that can create complex sounds, but at the same time keeps it simple without trying to do everything, making it a perfect ‘go to’ synth for one-finger basslines, rhythmic techno leads, spacey gated pads and other creative arpeggiated sequences.
Metatron is available to download as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
More information: Psychic Modulation / Aethereal / Metatron