Devine Machine has released version 1.5 of Krishna Synth, a frame synthesis based instrument for Windows and Mac.
Frame Synthesis is and exclusive technology from Devine Machine that let you analyse a sound sample to obtain a special « movie » file that Krishna Synth will use as an oscillator. This process, the tools provided
and the modulation possibilities can create sonic textures that you won’t get from any other synthesis.
A full set of graphic tools let you edit that file frame per frame.
Classical analogue oscillators and filters as well as a complete FX chain are also provided to enhance possibilities.
Changes in Krishna Synth 1.5
- Audio engine has been completely rebuilt from scratch to improve reliability and cpu usage.
- LFO and ADSR destinations extended to all parameters (including LFO to LFO).
- ‘Snap to harmonics’ option for the filter : each note will instantiate a filter to resonate to its own harmonic.
- Faster preset loading.
Krishna Synth is available for Windows and Mac (VST/RTAS/AU/standalone) for 199 EUR. The update is free for current users. A fully functional demo can be downloaded here.
Visit Devine Machine for more information and audio demos.
Devine Machine has released a beta of MonoChrome, an experimental MIDI note sequencer.
It was originally made to control the monome LED’s and/or trigger notes/sequences, but it doesn’t require a Monome.
How to use it
- insert on a MIDI track, route MIDI notes to another VSTi
- alt-click on (Mode:) “Normal” and set to SEQ (so all 64 pads trigger independent note-out sequences, vertical = velocity on the GUI sequencer)
- send MIDI notes to MonoChrome from your MIDI controller. The MIDI note you send (MIDI note 36-99) will toggle the corresponding sequence of MIDI notes at the assigned MIDI note#. Send the same note again to stop the sequence
You can download MonoChrome Beta here.
Devine Machine has announced Krishna, a new instrument based on a new kind of oscillator – a “Frame Oscillator”.
Main features include:
- Introducing new “Frame Oscillator”, capable of any type of sound, including -but not limitated to- human voice
- Importation/analyzing of external WAV files
- Analog emulated oscillators
- Several LFOs and ADSRs
- Step Sequencer
Krishna is expected to be released in February 2006 in VST and AU formats for Windows and Mac OS X.
Visit Devine Machine for more information and links to view video trailers.
Devine Machine has released OneShot Recorder v1.1.
Instead of recording in your DAW or sound editor and have hard and boring time in cut/export , OneShot Recorder (O.S.R) will do everything automatically !
New in v1.1
- Mono/Stereo recording switch
- better pitch detect
- VST Effect, just insert in your FX chain to record
- 128 Slots for record , MIDI triggerable, AUTO advance after each hit record,
- Advanced 2 thresholds system (GATE and TRIG) , for lossless recordings
- Export with extra info on pitch (32 bit wav file format, any samplerate)
- Normalizing functions
- Reorder functions by :
- LIVE FEATURES MIDI IN
- MagicSens(tm) : a new powerful way to capture the right hit !
- 131072 FFT band analyse for note detection
- detected MIDI note written as infos in exported wav file
OSR is perfectly suited for any kind of recording, or sampling session. Multisample is made easy using MIDI input selection. Automated MIDI external hardware multisample can be automated.
OSR is also suited to built huge sample libraries the easy way.
More information and available on the Device Machine website.