, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 16, 2011 - 0 comments
Zero-G/Xfonic has released Beats from the East, a massive and unique collection of beats recorded with ethnic percussive instruments.
This enormous beat collection of unparalleled quality has been a 7-year long project of the South Asian beats guru and No.1 hit producer Eranga Jayawansa. Using the latest technology combined with authentic ethnic percussion, these loops deliver extra individuality and spice.
Beats from the East covers all the genres from HipHop and RnB to Techno and House plus more experimental beats. More than half of the collection features the use of ethnic percussive instruments (tabla, dholak, kanjira, ghatam, yak bera, geta bera, thammattama, udakki, raban, clay pots, bamboos, conga, djembe, darbuka etc).
Beats from the East features
- 1152 Acidized WAV files.
- 1152 AIFF Apple Loops.
- 1152 Stylus compatible REX2 files.
- 47 EXS24 Instruments.
- 47 Kontakt Instruments.
- 47 Reason NN-XT Instruments.
Beats from the East is available as a DVD or download exclusively from Time+Space for RRP £49.95 GBP / 58.95 EUR.
More information: Time+Space
, KV Bala Krishnan
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2010 - 0 comments
Loopmasters has released Indian Sessions Vol.2, a sample library featuring percussionist KV Bala Krishnan.
Loopmasters have teamed up with renowned Indian percussionist KV Bala Krishnan to put together this supreme collection of Indian percussion, Indian vocals and Sitar samples for producers worldwide looking for authentic royalty free Indian samples to integrate into their productions.
This is the second of a 2 part series which sees KV team up with local Indian musicians and vocalists from Chennai to extract pure melodies, grooves and rhythms from Indian culture and traditional music, but with an eye on popular western tempos and time signatures in order to create a palette of sound which will work well when fused into modern genres.
This is truly an authentic collection of samples recorded and produced in India exclusively for Loopmasters, which have been mastered centrally at Loopmasters studio to ensure maximum compatibility with all music applications and is presented in multiple formats for easy manipulation by you the producer.
Indian Sessions Vol.2: KV Bala Krishnan features
- 900+MB of 24bit Indian samples including, over 330 Samples, 335 Loops.
- 87 Female Vox loops, presented in various folders including vocals presented as Classic Aalap, Kalyani, Raag and Shivaranjini loops alongside light style loops and phrases.
- 61 Male Vox Loops, include Amarnath, Mantra, Carnatic, Classic and Film Loops, alongside phrases and single shouts.
- 159 Percussion Loops, masterfully played by KV himself, and includes loops of Bass Dholak, Dukki Tarang, Finger Cymbals, Ghata Singari, Ghatam Pot, Salangai, Shakers, Tabla, Tambourine, Triangle, amongst others.
- 28 Sitar Loops, a selection of Ensemble, Sitar Jaala, Phrase and Taraf Harp Loops.
- The tempos range from 75 –128 bpm.
Indian Sessions Vol.2 is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Indian Sessions Vol.2
Tonehammer has released Solo Dhol, the complimentary follow up to the Epic Dhol, which covered hall based ensemble Dhol.
The Solo Dhol contains over 5.100 samples and +100 different articulations, including sticks, mallets, brushes, hands/fingers, bass bends and so forth. We deep sampled two professional Dhol Drums for this library, which each had distinct characteristics.
For our Solo Dhol library, we captured a pair of full-sized drums, one larger and one smaller. These are two of the same drums we also used in our Epic Dhol wet hall ensemble library. These drums have animal hide bass heads (called “dagga”) and maylar treble heads (called “thili”). They dagga sides are tuned with a single heavy nylon rope, wounded around the drum through steel rings. The thili heads are tuned with a series of steel lugs and rods, typical of most modern percussion.
Solo Dhol features
- 2 professional Dhol drums recorded in dry studio environment.
- Up to 14 velocity layers per articulation
- 10 round-robin variations on all velocity layers
- Thili (snare) strikes with bamboo sticks, bone mallets, brushes and finger/hands.
- Dagga (bass) strikes with cane wood sticks, bone mallets, felt mallets, brushes and fingers/hands
- Tablas-style Bass bends, 39 articulations from slow to fast, with 10X RR
- Core articulations: Dhol Master (contains all patches), Dhol Bass Bends, Dhol Bass Felt, Dhol Bass Hands, Dhol Bass Mallets, Dhol Combo Bone Mallets, Dhol Combo Brushes, Dhol Combo Mallets, Dhol Combo Traditional Sticks, Dhol Snare Hands, Dhol Snare Mallets.
- Bonus: Custom Convolution Reverb Impulses
- Bonus: Custom Articulation and performance controls
- Bonus: Lite versions of all core patches
- Extensive read me (.pdf) install, patch and hint documentation
- 60 Kontakt patches, including one patch with everything / 5.150 samples
- 1.35 GB installed, 792 MB .rar download
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit stereo .wav format
- Format(s): Kontakt and .wav
- Note: Native Instruments Kontakt 3 / 4 full retail versions required for all Kontakt instruments.
- Note: Free Kontakt Player will only work for 30 minutes with this product. Full version required to remove this restriction.
Solo Dhol is available to purchase for the introductory price of $79 USD until 5 February, 2010 (regular price $89 USD). Note: Epic Dhol is currently on sale for $79 USD until 5 February, 2010 (regular price $99 USD).
More information: Tonehammer / Solo Dhol
Tonehammer has announced a limited time bundle deal for Epic Dhol and Epic Toms, two sample libraries for Kontakt.
Tonehammers Epic Toms and Epic Dhols are amongst some of the most sought after instrument for composers and musician looking for that big, epic sound. Our instruments are featured in a variety of blockbuster movies, tv-shows, feature trailers and video games and set a new standard for big, epic cinematic percussion.
The libraries are build around our 10/10 standard (10 velocity layers – 10 repetition pr. layer), which allow you to play the percussion at extreme speeds without getting that repetitive machine gun feeling going. In addition the libraries are recorded in our epic hall and contain natural reverb. The libraries are programmed in such a way you can control the amount of reverb by adjusting the modwheel.
Epic Dhol (24 bit) and Epic Toms are available to purchase for $99 USD for both packages, on December 9, 2009 only.
More information: Tonehammer / Epic Sale
Goldenchild Records has released Bhangra Beat Volume 1, a sample cd containing heart pounding dhol loops and vocal adlibs.
The Dhol Player who has played all of the loops on the CD is a protege of the famed Ustaad Lal Singh Bhatti who has taught Sukshinder Shinda and Aman Hayer (both award winning producers in the Bhangra industry).
Bhangra Beat Volume 1 features
- Over 100 fresh, high quality loops (Stereo, 44.1K, .WAV format).
- Dhol Loop styles: Bhangra, Dhammal, Gidda 1, Sialcote, Jhoomer, Phumniyan, Mirza, Chaaal, Luddi, Thora.
- Vocal Adlibs: Oyes, Bruah, Bhangra Beat Boxing and traditional bhangra phrases from Punjab.
- BPM Range: 80-90.
- Mastered and recorded at award winning professional recording studios.
Bhangra Beat Volume 1 is available for download for $49 USD.
Visit Goldenchild Records for more information and audio demos.