Spectrasonics has announced Omnisphere 2, an update to the power synth module.
After many years of development, we are thrilled to announce that Omnisphere 2 is coming in 2015.
This is the first v2.0 of any Spectrasonics instrument and it’s truly a gigantic one! Check out the new feature list and the video introduction by Spectrasonics Founder and Creative Director, Eric Persing.
Changes in Omnisphere 2
- Vast New Synthesis Possibilities:
- Audio Import – Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere.
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator – an increase of 100X.
- Wavetable Synthesis – Each Waveform is now a Morphing Wavetable.
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm.
- Deeper FM/Ring Mod capabilities for aggressive timbres.
- 8 New Filter Types – New Power Filters, Vowel, Resonators.
- New Unison Drift models Analog Polysynth behavior.
- Expanded Modulation with new sources and many more targets.
- Polyphonic LFO and Modulation Envelope options.
- Soundsource Reversing.
- Now includes over 10,000 sounds!
- More than 3,000 New patches and soundsources from acclaimed Spectrasonics Sound Design Team.
- New Omnisphere EDM library with cutting-edge, modern sounds.
- New Exclusive Soundsources from Diego Stocco’s Custom Built Instruments.
- New category of Phrase-based Soundsources for granular synthesis.
- Hundreds of new Circuit Bent Soundsources.
- Many Innovative new Psychoacoustic Soundsources.
- New Melodic Cave Stalactites Soundsources.
- …and much, much more!
- New Interface:
- Redesigned Wider User Interface with many improvements.
- New Show Modulation pane opens modulation routings/sources on left side.
- New Mini-Browser available at all times.
- Larger Full Browser Design.
- Enhanced Browsing Experience:
- Sound Match™ feature instantly locates any related sounds in the library.
- Sound Lock™ allows endless useful variations by locking sound aspects while you browse.
- Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third party libraries.
- Greatly Improved sound organization system.
- Fast Progressive Loading allows rapid auditioning.
- Browse Patches by Mood.
- Expanded Genres.
- Browse by Oscillator type.
- Boolean search options.
- New Arpeggiator Features:
- Note transposition for step seq-style patterns.
- Arp pattern lock while browsing.
- Speed Offset control allows slow down/speed up effects.
- New modulation capabilities.
- 25 New FX Units:
- Innerspace, Quad Resonator, Thriftshop Speaker, Classic Twin, Bassman, Hi-Wattage, Rock Stack, Brit-Vox, Boutique, San-Z-Amp, Stompbox Modeler, Metalzone Distortion, Toxic Smasher, Foxxy Fuzz, Analog Phaser, Analog Flanger, Analog Chorus, Analog Vibrato, Solina Ensemble, Vintage Tremolo, Envelope Filter, Crying Wah, Stomp-Comp, Precision Compressor, Studio 2-Band EQ.
- Flexible New FX Features:
- 16 FX units per patch.
- Full matrix modulation of every FX slot.
- New Aux FX rack per patch with Pre/Post fader sends.
- Hundreds of New FX Presets and Racks.
- Lock FX while browsing.
- Improvements/Special Features:
- Live Mode with key splits.
- Enhanced Orb with Attractor mode.
- Tweak Trilian Custom Controls Interface inside Omnisphere.
- Global Clock Speed (Halftime, Doubletime, etc).
- - and more!
Omnisphere 2 will be available April 30th, 2015, priced at $499 USD/399 EUR. An upgrade from Omnisphere 1 will be $249 USD, while customers who own Omnisphere, Trilian and Stylus RMX pay $199 USD. New Omnisphere customers from October 2014 thru May 2015 will get the update free of charge.
More information: Spectrasonics