Future Media Concepts (FMC) has announced the addition of two new courses featuring the award-winning Avid/Digidesign Pro Tools audio editing system; Pro Tools Operator Recertification and Pro Tools for Game Audio.
The de facto standard for sound production, Pro Tools allows users to experience the ultimate in audio quality and workflow efficiency at an affordable cost. Launching in February, the new courses will follow FMC’s highly esteemed, world-class manufacturer authorized training curriculum, providing students with a proven, hands-on educational experience.
New FMC Pro Tools Courses
- The two-day Pro Tools Operator Recertification course is available only to those previously Operator Certified in Pro Tools, enabling experienced students to expand their knowledge and skill-set in an in-depth, recertification course. Upon completion, students will be able to master the ins-and-outs of the new Pro Tools Digital Audio Workstation platform featuring dozens of new virtual instruments and plug-ins, exciting new scoring and MIDI features, and technically advanced workflows.
- The three-day Pro Tools for Game Audio course will expose students to core skills, workflows and concepts involved in producing audio for the gaming industry. An invaluable course for any audio production enthusiast or professional, Pro Tools for Game Audio teaches vital skills for the increasingly expanding global gaming market. Interested students must have completed FMC’s Pro Tools 101: Introduction to Pro Tools, and Pro Tools 110: Essentials of Pro Tools courses to be eligible.
More information: Future Media Concepts
Redmatica has announced version 2.1 of the Compendium Pro Bundle, the 64bit version of its next generation creative sampling suite.
“Revolutionary Evolution was the concept behind the entire development of the Compendium Pro Bundle 2.1,” said Andrea Gozzi, Founder and Technical Director of Redmatica. “We didn’t just want to introduce a killer set of new features, but also offer new ways to use already existing technologies and make full use of the hardware available in modern computers. We are tremendously excited about going to 64bit, as it allows our applications to make full use of modern computer hardware, and brings what was already a world class set of creative sampling applications to another level.”
Compendium Pro Bundle 2.1 features
- Keymap Pro 2.1, the direct 64bit evolution of the acclaimed Keymap 1.5 sampled instruments editor, and extends its file support to all the major instrument formats on the market, including Apple EXS24, Native Instrument Kontakt, Digidesign Structure and Propellerheads Reason NNXT. Keymap Pro 2.1 incorporates a massive amount of innovative and never seen before features, including multiple playback personalities to match each corresponding instrument format, integrated direct multichannel recording (sampling) also from networked computers with autostart/stop/cut/map/loop, new DSP tools for looping the unloopable, new resynthesis algorithms for non-harmonic samples and loops, integrated AutoSampling features with AutoSampling Live mode for effortless interactive recording from sound sources, SoundDesign layers for using AudioUnit plugins as synthesis blocks in the playback chain, massively multimode envelopes, dimensional panning, continuous background rendering, and a stunning Core Animation based visual interface. Version 2.1 adds virtually unlimited 64bit memory space support, support for 64bit AudioUnit plugins, faster overall performance, and new remapping features, including the ability to build conversion maps and perform drum remapping from one layout to another with a single click.
- AutoSampler 2.1 takes the original tool for automatically sampling hardware and software synths to 64 bit by presenting a new user interface and extending instrument creation format support to Redmatica Keymap, Apple EXS24, Native Instrument Kontakt, Digidesign Structure and Propellerheads Reason NNXT. It also offers a built-in mapping editor to build custom templates, a simplified view mode, autolooping algorithms taken directly from Keymap Pro 2.1, multichannel autosampling of up to 8 channels from local audio devices or networked computers, Key Switch autosampling, Round Robin autosampling, and much faster operations. Version 2.1 also adds new features as automatic release time setting in created instruments.
- ProManager 3.1 is the completely redesigned next generation 64bit version of the popular ExsManager 2 sampled library manager application. It now handles Redmatica Keymap, Apple EXS24, Native Instrument Kontakt, Digidesign Structure and Propellerheads Reason NNXT instrument formats simultaneously. The intuitive goal-based interface makes it easy to relink instruments to samples for quick loading, manage duplicate and unused files, or to completely reorganize the sample libraries. ProManager also offers browsing capabilities for both instruments and samples, an integrated streaming sample viewer, metadata tagging, and search and synchronization over the network. The new 64 bit support allows management of sample libraries of virtually unlimited size.
The Compendium Pro Bundle 2.1 for Mac will be available in February 2010 with price set to $489.95 USD/ 379.95 EUR, and as a free update for current Compendium Pro Bundle 2.0 users.
More information: Redmatica
Avid has introduced the Digidesign Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack, a collection of five professional virtual instruments that enable musicians and producers to harness the full creative power of Pro Tools, while writing, composing, and recording music.
The Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack includes updated versions of the Structure™ professional sampler workstation, Strike™ virtual drummer, Velvet™ vintage electric pianos, Transfuser™ groove creator, and Hybrid™ high-definition synthesizer. All the instruments have been updated with new features that offer much deeper integration with Pro Tools, supporting audio and MIDI region drag-and-drop functionality, enabling customers to more easily obtain creative results quickly.
Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack features
- Structure, a powerful professional sampler workstation, allows customers to create, sculpt, edit, and refine everything from acoustic instruments to complex soundscapes in real time. This release now includes over 5 GB of new sounds, offering users more sonic possibilities than ever before. Structure now also supports more sample formats natively, including both Giga-Sampler and Kontakt 3, providing customers an easy way to integrate existing sample libraries and begin using them in Pro Tools right away.
- Strike, a virtual instrument that emulates the performance style of a real drummer, makes it easy to create, control and produce professional drum performances from within Pro Tools. It now offers new, high-definition acoustic and electronic drum kits, providing users with a more wide-range of percussion options. Strike now also offers expanded options for customers to use their own samples. allowing for highly customized drum sounds and virtual performances that will put a human touch on any track.
- Velvet delivers realistic emulations of a variety of classic electric pianos, and offers more sonic possibilities than previous versions, including classic “digital” e-piano sounds of the ‘80s and a new enhanced reverb effects module, which provides vintage sounds that provide a classic touch to recordings.
- Transfuser is an innovative, real-time loop, phrase, and groove creation instrument, which now offers a new bass module inspired by the Roland TB-303, allowing customers to re-create these original vintage sounds as well as more modern synth bass. Transfuser also includes1.6 GB of new audio loops and content, including new electronic drum kits and a new 6-band parametric EQ, providing more options and more creative control within the instrument when creating beats and grooves.
- Hybrid is a high-definition software synthesizer plug-in that combines the warmth of legendary analog synths with a full range of modern manipulation capabilities. It now delivers all-new tonal possibilities with more than 250 new patches, and includes multi-square waveforms and new Blue, White, Mod, and Crackle waveforms for the noise oscillator, enabling customers to create anything from fat, retro synth sounds to edgy modern leads and everything in between.
The Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack compliments the 70+ virtual instruments, effects, and utility plug-ins already included with Pro Tools 8, greatly expanding its creative power and delivering incredible sound quality, feature innovation, and musical playability. This release marks the first time these five virtual instruments have been offered for purchase as a bundle, and a single unified installer is featured, designed to make set-up and authorization simple and straightforward.
The Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack will ship in Q1 of 2010, and carries a MSRP of $499 USD. There are unique upgrade options for customers who own existing instruments to upgrade to the latest version of their instrument, or else obtain additional savings by upgrading to the full collection.
More information: Avid / Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack
ToneBuilder has announced the release of Driven Machine Drums in two new formats: NN-XT for Reason, and EXS24 for Digidesign Structure.
Driven Machine Drums is an electronic drums sample library, created from an unique blend of 14 drum machines/synthesizers and 9 analog coloration devices.
Featuring a total of 1,684 sounds in 24bit resolution, captured directly from the source using professional-quality cables and A/D converters.
Each individual sound has been carefully edited by hand for tight attacks and natural decays.
DRIVEN MACHINE DRUMS highlights the natural sounding punch, depth, and warmth added by a collection of tubes, transformers, and hardware tape emulation.
The NN-XT and Structure (works with free Structure player) formats are available in the Driven Machine Drums Deluxe package, priced at $87 USD.
More information: Driven Machine Drums
Avid has released version 8.0.3 of Pro Tools 8, a digital audio workstation software for PC and Mac.
Avid is excited to announce Pro Tools 8.0.3 software, a free update for all registered Pro Tools HD 8, Pro Tools LE 8, Pro Tools M-Powered 8, and Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8 users.
Get official Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard support, plus over 100 of your most requested software improvements and fixes. In addition, you can use Pro Tools 8.0.3 on Windows 7* as a public beta, or as a fully supported release with Pro Tools M-Powered Essential.
Check the release notes for details on what is new in Pro Tools 8.0.3.
Current Avid customers (version 8.0 and higher) can access the version updates online at no additional cost.
More information: Digidesign
iZotope has announced plans to release a new line of Digidesign Pro Tools TDM plug-ins starting with their highly regarded IRC™ Limiter in early 2010. These products are another addition to iZotope’s growing Pro Audio retail product line.
“We are committed to making our professional audio tools and effects available to users in all different environments,” explained Jeremy Todd, CTO of iZotope, Inc. “Support for Pro Tools TDM systems is an important step to achieving this goal.”
iZotope’s first offering will include their IRC Loudness Maximizer featuring the transparent “Intelligent II” mode for exceptional handling of transients. Designed specifically for studio, post and live performance applications, this powerful tool allows users to prevent clipping while dramatically lifting the perceived overall audio level.
iZotope plans to follow-up this release with advanced EQ and multiband dynamics effect plug-ins. These releases expand iZotope’s Pro Audio line which already includes the ANR-B adaptive noise reduction hardware unit and RX Advanced.
The TDM plug-ins will run on Digidesign’s Pro Tools|HD® Core Systems.
More information: iZotope
Avid has announced M-Audio Fast Track with Pro Tools M-Powered Essential, a combination of hardware and software that delivers all the studio-quality features and tools needed to create professional-sounding recordings right out of the box.
Building on the success of the M-Audio Fast Track USB, the best selling recording interface in its category according to MI Sales Trak, the Fast Track with Pro Tools M-Powered Essential is the easiest way to record audio on a PC or Mac.
M-Audio Fast Track
The Fast Track interface has been completely redesigned to provide improved usability and lend a sleek new look to any desktop. Simply connect the unit to any computer via its USB 2.0 connection and use the upgraded preamps to capture any audio source in better than CD quality sound. Customers can record guitar and vocals at the same time, without any latency, and capture performances without the distraction of hearing delayed playback through headphone monitors. Additionally, they can use the onboard +48v phantom power to connect professional condenser microphones and add studio quality sound to any project. Compatible with most popular music recording applications from studio-standard Pro Tools® M-Powered™ and GarageBand, Fast Track provides professional results in a compact, portable package.
Pro Tools M-Powered Essential
Pro Tools M-Powered Essential is a recording application for PC or Mac computers based on the same Pro Tools software platform used by today’s most prestigious and accomplished musicians. Now, customers can take advantage of the power and stability of Pro Tools at home, recording songs and audio projects on 16 available tracks and polishing their mixes with professional effects like reverb, delay and more. Audio recordings can be enhanced with instruments like drums, piano and more by using the included Structure® Essential virtual instrument which offers a comprehensive library of instrument sounds and 3GB of audio loops.
Fast Track with Pro Tools essentials is available in September 2009 and carries a USMSRP of $149.99 USD.
More information: M-Audio / Fast Track
, audio interface
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Sep 24, 2009
Digidesign has announced the Eleven Rack, a standalone hardware unit that combines a hyper-realistic guitar amp and effects processor with a high-quality computer recording audio interface, to create the ultimate recording and performance solution for guitar players.
The wait is over. We’re proud to introduce Eleven Rack™ — a revolutionary new guitar recording and effects processing solution designed to eliminate the challenges that guitarists have faced in the studio and on stage.
Experience the most sought-after guitar amp tones in the world — complete with all the sonic details that make playing through real amps feel like playing through real amps. Record guitar without audible latency using the included studio-standard Pro Tools® 8 software — now optimized for guitar players. Enjoy ultra-realistic convolution-based mic’d cabinet emulations, with mic placement courtesy of guitar recording expert John Cuniberti. Easily re-amplify tones without re-patching a single cable. Use it as a standalone effects processor and incorporate legendary amp and effects tones into your live rig. All of this and more is now available in a single solution, designed just for guitar players.
Eleven Rack features
- Eleven Rack Hardware
- Unique True-Z auto-impedance matching guitar input.
- Incredible emulations of classic guitar amp tones inspired by Fender®, Vox®, Marshall®, Soldano, and Mesa/Boogie® amps.
- Refined collection of sought-after classic stompbox tones inspired by effects from MXR®, Electro-Harmonix®, Ibanez®, ProCo, Univox®, and more.
- Powerful collection of studio-quality rackmount effects processors.
- Convolution-based cabinet emulations deliver unprecedented realism in cabinet tones.
- Convolution-based microphone emulations inspired by classic dynamic, condenser, and ribbon mic designs.
- Integrated FX loop switchable to incorporate existing mono or stereo rack and stompbox effects.
- Controllable via MIDI controllers and expression pedals.
- Built-in tuner.
- Tap-tempo control of time-based effects.
- High-speed USB 2.0 connection.
- Supports up to 8 simultaneous channels of high-resolution recording up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
- Stereo balanced XLR outputs and dedicated 1/4” outputs.
- XLR mic input with 48V phantom power and pad switch.
- 2 x 1/4” line-level inputs.
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital I/O.
- Stereo 1/4” headphone jack.
- 1 x 1 MIDI I/O.
- Pro Tools LE Software
- Award-winning Pro Tools LE 8 recording, editing, and mixing software — now optimized for guitar players.
- Powerful Eleven Rack control window for creating/editing Eleven Rack rig settings right from Pro Tools software.
- Records both dry and processed signals simultaneously, with recallable rig settings embedded into audio files.
- Includes over 70 professional effects, including reverb, delay, chorus, distortion, flanger, phaser, reverse, EQ, and compression.
- Powerful virtual instruments for creating backing tracks, including a drum machine, tonewheel organ, piano, synthesizer, and synth/sample workstation.
- Virtual Instruments
- Boom™ drum machine and sequencer.
- DB-33 tonewheel organ emulator with rotating speaker simulation.
- Mini Grand acoustic grand piano.
- Vacuum monophonic vacuum tube synthesizer.
- Xpand!®2 multitimbral synth and sample workstation.
- Structure Free sample player.
- FXpansion BFD Lite acoustic drum module.
- Effects, Sound-Processing, Utility Plug-ins
- 1-Band EQ III, 4-Band EQ III, 7-Band EQ III, AIR Chorus, AIR Distortion, AIR Dynamic Delay, AIR Enhancer, AIR Ensemble, AIR Filter Gate, AIR Flanger, AIR Frequency Shifter, AIR FuzzWah, AIR KillEQ, AIR Lo-Fi, AIR MultiChorus, AIR Multi-Delay, AIR Nonlinear Reverb, AIR Phaser, AIR Reverb, AIR Spring Reverb, AIR StereoWidth, AIR Talkbox, AIR Vintage Filter , BF76 Compressor, BF Essential Clip Remover, BF Essential Correlation Meter, BF Essential Meter Bridge, BF Essential Noise Meter, Celemony Melodyne Essential, Chorus, Click, Compressor/Limiter, D-Verb, DC Offset Removal, De-Esser, Delay, DigiReWire, Dither, Duplicate, Eleven Free, Expander/Gate, Extra Long Delay II, Flanger, Gain, Invert, Lo-Fi , Long Delay II, Maxim, Medium Delay II, Multi-Tap Delay, Normalize, Ping-Pong Delay, Pitch, Pitch Shift, POWr Dither, Recti-Fi, Reverse, SansAmp, Sci-Fi, Signal Generator, Short Delay II, Slap Delay II, Time Compression Expansion, Time Shift, TL AutoPan, TL InTune, TL MasterMeter, TL Metro, Trim, Vari-Fi.
Eleven Rack will be available worldwide in September 2009 and carries a USMSRP of $1,259 USD.
More information: Digidesign / Eleven Rack