Avid has announced M-Audio Fast Track with Pro Tools M-Powered Essential, a combination of hardware and software that delivers all the studio-quality features and tools needed to create professional-sounding recordings right out of the box.
Building on the success of the M-Audio Fast Track USB, the best selling recording interface in its category according to MI Sales Trak, the Fast Track with Pro Tools M-Powered Essential is the easiest way to record audio on a PC or Mac.
M-Audio Fast Track
The Fast Track interface has been completely redesigned to provide improved usability and lend a sleek new look to any desktop. Simply connect the unit to any computer via its USB 2.0 connection and use the upgraded preamps to capture any audio source in better than CD quality sound. Customers can record guitar and vocals at the same time, without any latency, and capture performances without the distraction of hearing delayed playback through headphone monitors. Additionally, they can use the onboard +48v phantom power to connect professional condenser microphones and add studio quality sound to any project. Compatible with most popular music recording applications from studio-standard Pro Tools® M-Powered™ and GarageBand, Fast Track provides professional results in a compact, portable package.
Pro Tools M-Powered Essential
Pro Tools M-Powered Essential is a recording application for PC or Mac computers based on the same Pro Tools software platform used by today’s most prestigious and accomplished musicians. Now, customers can take advantage of the power and stability of Pro Tools at home, recording songs and audio projects on 16 available tracks and polishing their mixes with professional effects like reverb, delay and more. Audio recordings can be enhanced with instruments like drums, piano and more by using the included Structure® Essential virtual instrument which offers a comprehensive library of instrument sounds and 3GB of audio loops.
Fast Track with Pro Tools essentials is available in September 2009 and carries a USMSRP of $149.99 USD.
More information: M-Audio / Fast Track
, audio interface
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Sep 24, 2009 - 4 comments
Digidesign has announced the Eleven Rack, a standalone hardware unit that combines a hyper-realistic guitar amp and effects processor with a high-quality computer recording audio interface, to create the ultimate recording and performance solution for guitar players.
The wait is over. We’re proud to introduce Eleven Rack™ — a revolutionary new guitar recording and effects processing solution designed to eliminate the challenges that guitarists have faced in the studio and on stage.
Experience the most sought-after guitar amp tones in the world — complete with all the sonic details that make playing through real amps feel like playing through real amps. Record guitar without audible latency using the included studio-standard Pro Tools® 8 software — now optimized for guitar players. Enjoy ultra-realistic convolution-based mic’d cabinet emulations, with mic placement courtesy of guitar recording expert John Cuniberti. Easily re-amplify tones without re-patching a single cable. Use it as a standalone effects processor and incorporate legendary amp and effects tones into your live rig. All of this and more is now available in a single solution, designed just for guitar players.
Eleven Rack features
- Eleven Rack Hardware
- Unique True-Z auto-impedance matching guitar input.
- Incredible emulations of classic guitar amp tones inspired by Fender®, Vox®, Marshall®, Soldano, and Mesa/Boogie® amps.
- Refined collection of sought-after classic stompbox tones inspired by effects from MXR®, Electro-Harmonix®, Ibanez®, ProCo, Univox®, and more.
- Powerful collection of studio-quality rackmount effects processors.
- Convolution-based cabinet emulations deliver unprecedented realism in cabinet tones.
- Convolution-based microphone emulations inspired by classic dynamic, condenser, and ribbon mic designs.
- Integrated FX loop switchable to incorporate existing mono or stereo rack and stompbox effects.
- Controllable via MIDI controllers and expression pedals.
- Built-in tuner.
- Tap-tempo control of time-based effects.
- High-speed USB 2.0 connection.
- Supports up to 8 simultaneous channels of high-resolution recording up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
- Stereo balanced XLR outputs and dedicated 1/4” outputs.
- XLR mic input with 48V phantom power and pad switch.
- 2 x 1/4” line-level inputs.
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital I/O.
- Stereo 1/4” headphone jack.
- 1 x 1 MIDI I/O.
- Pro Tools LE Software
- Award-winning Pro Tools LE 8 recording, editing, and mixing software — now optimized for guitar players.
- Powerful Eleven Rack control window for creating/editing Eleven Rack rig settings right from Pro Tools software.
- Records both dry and processed signals simultaneously, with recallable rig settings embedded into audio files.
- Includes over 70 professional effects, including reverb, delay, chorus, distortion, flanger, phaser, reverse, EQ, and compression.
- Powerful virtual instruments for creating backing tracks, including a drum machine, tonewheel organ, piano, synthesizer, and synth/sample workstation.
- Virtual Instruments
- Boom™ drum machine and sequencer.
- DB-33 tonewheel organ emulator with rotating speaker simulation.
- Mini Grand acoustic grand piano.
- Vacuum monophonic vacuum tube synthesizer.
- Xpand!®2 multitimbral synth and sample workstation.
- Structure Free sample player.
- FXpansion BFD Lite acoustic drum module.
- Effects, Sound-Processing, Utility Plug-ins
- 1-Band EQ III, 4-Band EQ III, 7-Band EQ III, AIR Chorus, AIR Distortion, AIR Dynamic Delay, AIR Enhancer, AIR Ensemble, AIR Filter Gate, AIR Flanger, AIR Frequency Shifter, AIR FuzzWah, AIR KillEQ, AIR Lo-Fi, AIR MultiChorus, AIR Multi-Delay, AIR Nonlinear Reverb, AIR Phaser, AIR Reverb, AIR Spring Reverb, AIR StereoWidth, AIR Talkbox, AIR Vintage Filter , BF76 Compressor, BF Essential Clip Remover, BF Essential Correlation Meter, BF Essential Meter Bridge, BF Essential Noise Meter, Celemony Melodyne Essential, Chorus, Click, Compressor/Limiter, D-Verb, DC Offset Removal, De-Esser, Delay, DigiReWire, Dither, Duplicate, Eleven Free, Expander/Gate, Extra Long Delay II, Flanger, Gain, Invert, Lo-Fi , Long Delay II, Maxim, Medium Delay II, Multi-Tap Delay, Normalize, Ping-Pong Delay, Pitch, Pitch Shift, POWr Dither, Recti-Fi, Reverse, SansAmp, Sci-Fi, Signal Generator, Short Delay II, Slap Delay II, Time Compression Expansion, Time Shift, TL AutoPan, TL InTune, TL MasterMeter, TL Metro, Trim, Vari-Fi.
Eleven Rack will be available worldwide in September 2009 and carries a USMSRP of $1,259 USD.
More information: Digidesign / Eleven Rack
Digisdesign has released version 8.0.1 of Pro Tools, a sound creation and production system for Windows and Mac.
In our ongoing effort to provide you with the best experience possible, Avid has released Pro Tools 8.0.1, a free software update that provides many fixes, enhancements, and improvements, and is recommended for all Pro Tools 8 users.
Experience faster, more streamlined performance thanks to the software’s snappier interface. View and work with audio selections more easily through improved selection drawing. And gain more efficiency and stability through enhanced workflows, fixes, and other improvements.
Pro Tools 8.0.1 Software Update details here.
The Pro Tools 8.0.1 software update is available free to all registered Pro Tools HD 8, Pro Tools LE 8, and Pro Tools M-Powered 8 users. Note: the Mac OS X version of Pro Tools 8.0.1 works with Leopard only at this time.
More information: Digidesign
, analyser and monitor
, IK Multimedia
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Aug 18, 2009 - 0 comments
IK Multimedia has announced the release of ARC System TDM, an advanced room correction system for Pro Tools|HD Accel.
The ARC System is the first (and only) acoustic room correction plug-in, and delivers the most advanced solution to acoustical problems for any Digidesign® Pro Tools® TDM-based studio. Combining a professional calibrated measurement microphone, standalone software that captures sound information and calculates proper room correction, and a multi-platform plug-in, this technology will improve how your studio sounds forever.
ARC features the revolutionary Audyssey MultEQ® technology, which measures acoustical information throughout the listening area in your studio. It then combines this information to provide an accurate representation of the room’s acoustical problems. The equalization solution then corrects for both time and frequency response problems more effectively and efficiently than any other room correction EQ on the market. The result is a clear and reliable representation of your mix. Regardless of the acoustical issues in your studio, what you are recording, mixing or mastering becomes immediately clear and reliable and your studio sound will improve forever.
ARC System TDM is available for purchase for an MSRP of $999 USD / 769.99 EUR (also comes with native plug-in versions, including RTAS, VST and AU formats). Crossgrades and upgrades are available as well.
More information: IK Multimedia
Digidesign has announced MassivePack 8, a limited time bundle offer for Pro Tools|HD plug-ins.
Get the sounds you’re after and save thousands of dollars on a valuable collection of some of the most loved and most used professional plug-ins for mixing and sound processing.
Designed exclusively for Pro Tools|HD®, the new MassivePack™ 8 features a revered set of plug-ins used by leading studios and pros to create mixes for albums, TV, and film. The bundle includes 11 of the top Pro Tools® Development Partners™ plug-ins, plus your choice of 12 more from Digidesign®, at extraordinary savings of up to $11,105 off retail (when purchased separately).
Need more processing power? MassivePack Pro™ 8 provides even greater value, offering a performance-boosting PCIe HD Accel card (worth $4,995 just on its own!) and the same set of MassivePack 8 plug-ins at savings of up to $13,900 off retail (when purchased separately).
MassivePack 8 and MassivePack Pro 8 are available for a limited time through Pro Tools|HD dealers worldwide for $1,295 and $3,495, respectively.
More information: Digidesign
, samples and sound libraries
, Scot Solida
, The Electronic Garden
Posted in news
on May 25, 2009 - 0 comments
The Electronic Garden has launched with two sample libraries: Degenerator and ARP Collection.
The Electronic Garden kick off our new site with a pair of super-affordable sample packages featuring some of the coolest instruments in our studio. Whether you are a vintage synth fan or an experimental musician, one of these is bound to inspire you.
Degenerator is a collection of chaotic, contorted loops fashioned from battered rhythm boxes and quirky contraptions.
- Over 200 loops in .aif format, ranging from 100 BPM to 130 BPM.
- Palpitating percussion and bizarre beats specially designed for the adventurous experimenter.
- Instruments used in the creation of Degenerator include: Roland CR-78, Korg Minipops, Wersimatic WM-1, TEG modular synth, Symbolic Sound Corporation Kyma, Moog Minimoog, EMS VCS3, PPG Wave 2.2, Digidesign Turbosynth, U&I Metasynth.
- Royalty-free samples.
Degenerator is available for purchase for $15 USD.
ARP Collection features the sounds of various vintage ARP instruments.
I have sampled my entire ARP Collection and rolled the results into patches for Native Instruments’ Kontakt and Reason 4′s NN-XT samplers.
ARP Collection features
- Over 700 samples, meticulously looped and patched into 128 patches.
- ARP instruments sampled: ARP 2600, ARP Odyssey, ARP Omni II, ARP Model 1601 Sequencer.
- Includes basses, leads, special effects, pads, and percussion, all bursting with that classic analog sound.
- Includes edited and looped raw waveforms.
- Available in Kontakt 3, Reason 4 NN-XT and Combinator, and sfz formats.
The ARP Collection is available for purchase for $25 USD.
Some free samples from both libraries are available for download from the freebies page.
Visit The Electronic Garden for more information.
Avid has introduced the Digidesign VENUE SC48, a fully-integrated audio and processing live sound solution developed for small to mid-sized houses of worship, clubs, and corporate A/V companies, as well as touring customers.
As a cost-effective and compact system, this solution delivers exceptional sound quality and compatibility with industry standard professional audio and video systems. VENUE SC48 also combines I/O, digital signal processing and tactile control and offers built-in support for a number of professional audio plug-ins that provide customers with more creative mixing options.
Building upon the industry-leading VENUE family of professional live sound systems, the VENUE SC48 system delivers the same sound quality and clarity customers around the world have come to expect from VENUE, in a compact footprint designed to meet the needs of customers with smaller to mid-sized live sound applications.
VENUE SC48 features
- Fully integrated console offers built-in I/O for stage and ancillary sources, DSP, and tactile control for ultimate portability.
- Compact footprint fits small- to mid-size clubs, houses of worship, theaters, corporate events, and more.
- First-rate VENUE sound quality provides amazing audio clarity in any room.
- Supports professional audio plug-ins for creating studio-quality mixes live.
- Pro Tools LE FireWire interface and software included for audio recording and playback system connection.
- VENUE D-Show® software, the industry’s easiest, most comprehensive control software.
- 48 analog mic/line XLR inputs, 16 analog line outputs (expandable to 32).
- Single expansion slot for maximizing output count or adding A-Net® connectivity.
- 16 Aux Sends, 8 Groups, plus 8 mono matrixes (linkable as up to 4 stereo matrixes).
- Choice of Left-Right plus Mono or Left-Center-Right Mains bus configuration.
- 26 touch-sensitive, motorized faders: 16 input, 8 output master, 1 Flex Channel, and 1 Mains.
- 16 assignable, push-switch rotary encoders with multi-segment LED rings enable immediate access to key parameters.
- Additional I/O, including talkback, analog and digital 2-track, GPI, MIDI, and Word Clock.
The VENUE SC48 console is available now.
Visit Digidesign for more information.