Avid has introduced the Digidesign Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack, a collection of five professional virtual instruments that enable musicians and producers to harness the full creative power of Pro Tools, while writing, composing, and recording music.
The Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack includes updated versions of the Structure™ professional sampler workstation, Strike™ virtual drummer, Velvet™ vintage electric pianos, Transfuser™ groove creator, and Hybrid™ high-definition synthesizer. All the instruments have been updated with new features that offer much deeper integration with Pro Tools, supporting audio and MIDI region drag-and-drop functionality, enabling customers to more easily obtain creative results quickly.
Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack features
- Structure, a powerful professional sampler workstation, allows customers to create, sculpt, edit, and refine everything from acoustic instruments to complex soundscapes in real time. This release now includes over 5 GB of new sounds, offering users more sonic possibilities than ever before. Structure now also supports more sample formats natively, including both Giga-Sampler and Kontakt 3, providing customers an easy way to integrate existing sample libraries and begin using them in Pro Tools right away.
- Strike, a virtual instrument that emulates the performance style of a real drummer, makes it easy to create, control and produce professional drum performances from within Pro Tools. It now offers new, high-definition acoustic and electronic drum kits, providing users with a more wide-range of percussion options. Strike now also offers expanded options for customers to use their own samples. allowing for highly customized drum sounds and virtual performances that will put a human touch on any track.
- Velvet delivers realistic emulations of a variety of classic electric pianos, and offers more sonic possibilities than previous versions, including classic “digital” e-piano sounds of the ‘80s and a new enhanced reverb effects module, which provides vintage sounds that provide a classic touch to recordings.
- Transfuser is an innovative, real-time loop, phrase, and groove creation instrument, which now offers a new bass module inspired by the Roland TB-303, allowing customers to re-create these original vintage sounds as well as more modern synth bass. Transfuser also includes1.6 GB of new audio loops and content, including new electronic drum kits and a new 6-band parametric EQ, providing more options and more creative control within the instrument when creating beats and grooves.
- Hybrid is a high-definition software synthesizer plug-in that combines the warmth of legendary analog synths with a full range of modern manipulation capabilities. It now delivers all-new tonal possibilities with more than 250 new patches, and includes multi-square waveforms and new Blue, White, Mod, and Crackle waveforms for the noise oscillator, enabling customers to create anything from fat, retro synth sounds to edgy modern leads and everything in between.
The Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack compliments the 70+ virtual instruments, effects, and utility plug-ins already included with Pro Tools 8, greatly expanding its creative power and delivering incredible sound quality, feature innovation, and musical playability. This release marks the first time these five virtual instruments have been offered for purchase as a bundle, and a single unified installer is featured, designed to make set-up and authorization simple and straightforward.
The Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack will ship in Q1 of 2010, and carries a MSRP of $499 USD. There are unique upgrade options for customers who own existing instruments to upgrade to the latest version of their instrument, or else obtain additional savings by upgrading to the full collection.
More information: Avid / Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack
ToneBuilder has announced the release of Driven Machine Drums in two new formats: NN-XT for Reason, and EXS24 for Digidesign Structure.
Driven Machine Drums is an electronic drums sample library, created from an unique blend of 14 drum machines/synthesizers and 9 analog coloration devices.
Featuring a total of 1,684 sounds in 24bit resolution, captured directly from the source using professional-quality cables and A/D converters.
Each individual sound has been carefully edited by hand for tight attacks and natural decays.
DRIVEN MACHINE DRUMS highlights the natural sounding punch, depth, and warmth added by a collection of tubes, transformers, and hardware tape emulation.
The NN-XT and Structure (works with free Structure player) formats are available in the Driven Machine Drums Deluxe package, priced at $87 USD.
More information: Driven Machine Drums
Avid has released version 8.0.3 of Pro Tools 8, a digital audio workstation software for PC and Mac.
Avid is excited to announce Pro Tools 8.0.3 software, a free update for all registered Pro Tools HD 8, Pro Tools LE 8, Pro Tools M-Powered 8, and Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8 users.
Get official Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard support, plus over 100 of your most requested software improvements and fixes. In addition, you can use Pro Tools 8.0.3 on Windows 7* as a public beta, or as a fully supported release with Pro Tools M-Powered Essential.
Check the release notes for details on what is new in Pro Tools 8.0.3.
Current Avid customers (version 8.0 and higher) can access the version updates online at no additional cost.
More information: Digidesign
iZotope has announced plans to release a new line of Digidesign Pro Tools TDM plug-ins starting with their highly regarded IRC™ Limiter in early 2010. These products are another addition to iZotope’s growing Pro Audio retail product line.
“We are committed to making our professional audio tools and effects available to users in all different environments,” explained Jeremy Todd, CTO of iZotope, Inc. “Support for Pro Tools TDM systems is an important step to achieving this goal.”
iZotope’s first offering will include their IRC Loudness Maximizer featuring the transparent “Intelligent II” mode for exceptional handling of transients. Designed specifically for studio, post and live performance applications, this powerful tool allows users to prevent clipping while dramatically lifting the perceived overall audio level.
iZotope plans to follow-up this release with advanced EQ and multiband dynamics effect plug-ins. These releases expand iZotope’s Pro Audio line which already includes the ANR-B adaptive noise reduction hardware unit and RX Advanced.
The TDM plug-ins will run on Digidesign’s Pro Tools|HD® Core Systems.
More information: iZotope
Avid has announced M-Audio Fast Track with Pro Tools M-Powered Essential, a combination of hardware and software that delivers all the studio-quality features and tools needed to create professional-sounding recordings right out of the box.
Building on the success of the M-Audio Fast Track USB, the best selling recording interface in its category according to MI Sales Trak, the Fast Track with Pro Tools M-Powered Essential is the easiest way to record audio on a PC or Mac.
M-Audio Fast Track
The Fast Track interface has been completely redesigned to provide improved usability and lend a sleek new look to any desktop. Simply connect the unit to any computer via its USB 2.0 connection and use the upgraded preamps to capture any audio source in better than CD quality sound. Customers can record guitar and vocals at the same time, without any latency, and capture performances without the distraction of hearing delayed playback through headphone monitors. Additionally, they can use the onboard +48v phantom power to connect professional condenser microphones and add studio quality sound to any project. Compatible with most popular music recording applications from studio-standard Pro Tools® M-Powered™ and GarageBand, Fast Track provides professional results in a compact, portable package.
Pro Tools M-Powered Essential
Pro Tools M-Powered Essential is a recording application for PC or Mac computers based on the same Pro Tools software platform used by today’s most prestigious and accomplished musicians. Now, customers can take advantage of the power and stability of Pro Tools at home, recording songs and audio projects on 16 available tracks and polishing their mixes with professional effects like reverb, delay and more. Audio recordings can be enhanced with instruments like drums, piano and more by using the included Structure® Essential virtual instrument which offers a comprehensive library of instrument sounds and 3GB of audio loops.
Fast Track with Pro Tools essentials is available in September 2009 and carries a USMSRP of $149.99 USD.
More information: M-Audio / Fast Track